Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage
320 W. 5th Avenue
Fifth Avenue Mall Room C01
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9072582882x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Monday - Tuesday 11:30am - 12:00am,
Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 1:00am
Sunday 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and semi-private dining options are available in the restaurant with pre-set dining packages for all occasions. Please call our Private Dining Coordinator to plan your next great event.
- Entertainment: Sullivan's Steakhouse offers live music, in the lounge, six nights a week.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage
Sullivan’s Steakhouse is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team members. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (40)notable wine list (34)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (14)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointed a 2nd TimeDinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014I use to like Sullivan's for lunch; not any more!! We were the only diners in the restaurant at 11:40am. My lobster bisque soup arrived cold; the lunch specials were ordered were not any better. The salmon was so salty my dining companion could barely eat it & my balsamic chicken was so dry I left 1/2 of it on my plate. Thank goodness the bread was still warm & delicious!! Very disappointed!! This is the 2nd time within 1 week that I've dined at Sullivan's and it may very well be my last.
- Great steak, inconvenient for kidsBabyFriendly77Dined on 9/13/2014Food & service were great. Unfortunately there are no baby change tables in the restroom and had to use the one un the mall which is a floor away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMandMDined on 9/9/2014Always consistently good! Service is also consistently good! Clean restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed!DinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014I normally like SUllivan's for lunch, but we were disappointed in this trip. The oven wasn't working, so no bread - which is usually very yummy and something I look forward to. Our waitress was either too busy or just plain bad; we didn't see much of her & it took us 20 minutes to pay for our lunch. Finally had to give our payment to the manager! Not good when it should be a given that folks there for lunch need to get in & out within an hour. I hope my next visit is up to the usual standard.
- Do not eat here.JerryVIPDined on 9/7/2014I found the food uninspiring. The appetizer was overdone and not very good, with no distinguishable taste. (cheese steak egg roll) The cesar salad was not very flavorful, somewhat dry. The strip steak was slightly tough and without flavor. I never received my soup although I thought I had ordered it but might not have been entitled to it?? The food was expensive and not worth the price. I will not go back.
- Sullivans Anchorage, AK Pass OnAKdinerDined on 9/5/2014This is my third visit to Sullivan's in Anchorage. For the pleasure of spending $356 on food for 5 people I got to bus our own table, never get drink refills, get pepper, have 2 steaks not done right 3 times, and other comedy other errors. We are easy going patrons but won't waste our time and money, my previous experiences were not as bad but similar. A lot of other restaurants in Anchorage have great service and food, pass on Sullivans.
- SlowAdrianneVIPDined on 9/5/2014Usually everything is wonderful. This time service was terrible and we were there for 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014fabulous service! Michael took extra special care of my husband and I. Was not too loud being a Thursday and no major events in the area, a perfect time to go!Special Features:
- Poorer Than NormalIEatFoodInAKDined on 8/27/2014I've been going to Sullivan's for a few years now, and have always had an outstanding experience. I had dinner with co-workers on 8/27/2014 and it was a disappointment. The servers were slow to clear the table or refill drinks, didn't remember who ordered which dishes, and almost hit me in the head with plates on two instances. Also, one server leaned directly in front of a co-worker, interrupting him, mid-conversation and spent a solid minute clearing crumbs away from the table cloth. I got a rib-eye that was a pallid grey color and extremely gristly. Of the 7 of us that attended, only 2 were satisfied with the quality of our meal.
- Great evening, great food.NanookDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was excellent, met or exceeded all expectations for Sullivan's. Had experienced an unusual showing last winter, and am delighted to find every aspect of the evening was now exceptional. As usual, the Ahi appetizer was perfect. The salads, both the Kale and the iceberg wedge were delicious. The filets were done correctly and seasoned properly. The wine was properly presented and accurate from the wine list. Service was very good and at an appropriate and comfortable tempo. Thank you for a great evening. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Usually a five-starDeanKDined on 8/20/2014We've eaten at Sullivan's many times. I'm always impressed by the serving and management staff there. Very attentive, very professional, and very friendly. We each had the Prix Fixe with the 6 oz filet. Although mine was fine, my wife's was very gristly, butterflied open, and mostly unedible. In true Sullivan's character, however, the executive chef came to our table, apologized for the poor quality of the steak, and ordered another for her, which arrived very quickly, and was excellent. When we received our bill we noticed we were only charged for one dinner. I asked our server about it and she insisted my wife's dinner had been comped. This was above and beyond. As I said, we've eaten there many times, and will be back.Special Features:
- Always good!BevRogerVIPDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed drinks, dinner, birthday desserts and a lovely evening at Sullivan's! Many thanks to the staff that provide exceptional service with a smile.Special Features:
- JBONDDined on 8/15/2014Most enjoyable experience, we were celebrating our anniversary and they made the night special. I highly recommend Sullivan'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The cost of the meal was very much excessive compared to the food. Thank God for appetizers or else I would have been starving after dinner. No worries, we won't be back.Special Features:
- Sub-parSullivanDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have eaten at Sullivan's several times over the years, and until this last experience, we have always found it enjoyable. 1) The hostess about drove us nuts as we "sauntered" so slowly to our table, we nearly passed her! She walked very slowly, looking back at us constantly. 2) We thought the table we were at was going to come crashing to the floor. It was very loose and wobbly. 3) Our waitress forgot to bring us bread until we were nearly done with our salads and asked for bread. 4) We ordered our steaks oscar style, and the bernaise sauce was horrible. It had a tart taste to it, rather than the normal buttery taste. The manager was receptive to our complaint of this, and removed the oscar style, as well as a dessert.
- Expensive but steak worth itAkchicaDined on 8/13/2014Great steaks. Salads and deserts were so-so. Packed dining room made it loud and very hard to have any conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Many ReservationsEBartzVIPDined on 8/10/2014Important to know I did make a reservation for 7:15 p.m. on a Sunday night. The restaurant had a large party--associated with the conference we were attending--and they were not prepared. We did eat appetizers and salads, but after two hours (9:30 p.m.) many of us in the restaurant had not received meals and we had two issues of burning food smelling the restaurant. We asked our server for our bill. The manager apologized. We were billed only for our beverages, appreciated it. But we left without eating dinner. People in the bar and other tables were being served--and many of them were seated after us. Poor representation of such a fine restaurant chain.
- disappointed.AaronDined on 8/3/2014When the steak was first brought out it was under cooked. They took it back to cook it a bit longer (with my potatoes and vegetables on the plate), brought it back 15 minutes later, the only thing on the plate was the steak that was sent back, but this time it was overcooked. The overcooked steak was burnt and gritty. After asked about the steak and complained to the server, the manager was supposed to come back and they did not. We have always had decent service and steak at Sullivan's but this time was different and extremely disappointing.
- Mind blowing!applebabyDined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I went there for date night and it was amazing. I got their burger and he got filet mignon. For and appetizer we had the cheesesteak egg rolls and they were to die for! The food was great, it was quit, and the drinks were delicious. I suggest getting the red over heels martini! I had two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Good experience. However we had photos taken and printer was broken. Would like to get the photos.Special Features:
- $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Spent more than usual, but it was well worth it all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeWVGirlDined on 7/27/2014Very nice anbience. Service was superb. Steak was cooked to perfection. Excellent wine selection.Special Features:
- Will not be returningUpsetDined on 7/25/2014Waited to be seated even though we had reservations once seated the only pleasant part was our waitress. We waited over 1:30 hours for our food the steak was under cooked they had to return to our table they weren't done with the order was going to send it back but my wife was tired and didn't want to wait another hour plus. The beer was flat in a warm glass. Just all around not a good experience to spend $140 on
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was top quality. And the waiter was knowledgeable about the wine list and very helpful. The hostess asked us right away if we were there for a special occasion. The noise level in the restaurant was the only problem. But that was due to it being full up with dinners. Great experience will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The hosts, bussers, and our waitress were all unbelievably friendly. Our water glasses were always full, and our waitress made a great wine suggestion. All of our food (filet mignon and lamb) were perfect. Only disappointment was they were out of creme brulee. We'll be back again for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okClintVIPDined on 7/20/2014We've been to Sullivan's before. This visit wasn't as good. Even though we arrived on time and they had tables ready, they pulled the old trick, "Your table isn't quite ready yet. Would you like to have a drink in the bar?" Second, the service lacked. They were slow and indifferent towards us. Third, the food wasn't very good. My wife and I both ordered fresh salmon, which the waiter endorsed. It was overcooked and underwhelming. Finally, the ambiance was awkward. The classic appearance of the restaurant is nice, but the Top 40 hits they used for background music was unfitting to the point of distraction. Hopefully, they can fix a few things.Special Features:
- The best steakJuanchoVIPDined on 7/19/2014As always the best place to have steaks in Anchorage. Excellent service, excellent food and wine.Special Features:
- overpriced but great service.love2eatDined on 7/19/2014Pros: Great environment. Good service. Great steaks. Great for special occasions. Cons: way over priced. No kids menue. Not a family restaurant. Again Appetizers and sides are pretty small, and nothing special and expensive. You can easily spend $200 on a dinner for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NICE AND ROMANTIC RESTAURANT.AnnBDined on 7/18/2014I really enjoyed my experience here. The food was excellent. The service was decent. I think that we had a new waiter because he seemed very nervous. He was confused easily. I have been here a few times and each time the food was excellent. I really enjoy their shrimp and lobster bisque. Steaks are amazing every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steak HousemgsmnDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I ate here on a Friday night, last night of our two week vacation to Alaska. The restaurant was kind of a surprise find to us, as it sits in the corner of a indoor shopping mall. The meal was probably the best of the trip, steaks were great, food overall was very good, great wines by the glass, and we really enjoyed the mac'n'cheese. I have been to many Steak Houses before, and while I wouldn't say it was the best ever, this one certainly ranks up with some of the better ones.Special Features:
- Need to train your wait staffSUNYCobyprochefDined on 7/6/2014Waitress was courteous and apologetic but definitely not trained well enough this is supposed to be upper-class restaurant I expect the waitstaff to be trained as such shame on the managementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great4CsInAPodDined on 7/5/2014If there is one restaurant we can count on for great food and great service, it's Sullivan's. We have been going there for over 13 years and will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP NOTCH SERVICELYANDined on 6/28/2014GREAT! WAS THERE TO CELEBRATE MY 26TH BIRTHDAY AND THE ENTIRE STAFF WAS FRIENDLY AND TOOK THE TIME TO SIGN A BIRTHDAY CARD AND GAVE ME A SPECIAL TREAT. REALLY GREATSpecial Features:
- A port in a (tourist) stormOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2014Not easy to get a group into a good restaurant in Anchorage at the peak of tourist season. Sullivan's is a chain, I think, and easy to overlook - which is how I got my group of six to a table at a decent hour. Everything was first-rate, here. Comfortable bar with a piano guy tickling the ivories. Friendly and efficient service. The prix fixe menus are well worth considering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversayMandMDined on 6/17/2014always consistently good! Service was exceptional this trip! However, long wait for desert, but excellent once received.Special Features:
- Great food, decent service...JDACEDined on 6/15/2014Lg filet was prepared perfectly and was a high quality cut. Scallops were excellent, too. Had reservation but still had a short wait. Server wasn't overly attentive and forgot our wine until dinner was long long served...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseAnnieDined on 6/15/2014The music they played in the restaurant was not fitting for a Steakhouse. BTO? Really? I would much rather listen to Jazz or BluesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightLLL3Dined on 6/15/2014The service and food did not live up to past experiences. This is usually an excellent restaurant, but neither the service nor the food was up to par on a Fathers Day. Altogether very disappointing.Special Features:
- Another great experiencefoodsmypassionDined on 6/14/2014Another great celebratory dining experience! Great Italian wine, awesome service, and some of the best steaks in Anchorage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but priceyAKDinerDined on 6/11/2014Booth seating was very constrained, ask for a table if you don't want to play footsie with the person across from you. Service was decent, lots of staff to get things done quickly, but the waitress forgot to bring a side dish we ordered. Food was on par with other high end restaurants in town but prices were a bit higher. They have no view (no windows), so they have to be better at food and service. Not quite. The bar before dinner was the better experience. Excellent bartender and a talented piano-guitar duo playing live music. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.