Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage
320 W. 5th Avenue
Fifth Avenue Mall Room C01
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (907) 258-2882
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Monday - Tuesday 11:30am - 12:00am,
Wednesday - Friday 11:30am - 1:00am
Sunday 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Fjellestad
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and semi-private dining options are available in the restaurant with pre-set dining packages for all occasions. Please call our Private Dining Coordinator to plan your next great event.
- Entertainment: Sullivan's Steakhouse offers live music, in the lounge, six nights a week.
A word from Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage
Sullivan’s Steakhouse is a vibrant neighborhood American Steakhouse featuring the finest steaks & seafood, hand shaken martinis, & live music. We offer comfortable fine dining in a lively atmosphere. From the moment you step inside our lounge for drinks, appetizers or dinner, you will feel the energy and excitement provided by our professional team members. Sullivan’s serves the finest Midwestern hand selected steaks aged a minimum of 28 days, simply seasoned and broiled at 1,200 degrees, fresh seafood, a wide selection of cravable appetizers, soups, salads and side dishes. Our Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence" wine list offers an array of selections from around the world. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we look forward to quickly becoming your favorite local steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Anchorage reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (55)notable wine list (43)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (19)hot spot (17)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hit this visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Frequent visits. When Sullivan's is good, it's a classic steak house and can nail a great dinner. On off nights service is spotty and food is erratic. Issues are dealt with fairly though. Cautious reccomedation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding EveningGirlsOutingDined on 11/8/2014Recently my granddaughter attended her first upper school dance. Her friend's mother and I took our girls to Sullivan's for dinner prior to the dance to celebrate the evening. We had a great time with GREAT food and GREAT service. The hostess was wonderfully friendly with her greeting and our server was most considerate of our time and occasion! The girls had a great time! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Salmon was wonderful. Sweet Potatoes were sweet like a dessert. Restaurant is very loud. It was a good meal.Special Features:
- Always excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Always great food and service, but the cocktails could be a little better(stronger)Special Features:
- you don't get what you pay forsteakguruDined on 11/2/2014Steak was as way too tough. At 60 bucks for a aged ribeye steak i should of been able to cut it with only a fork. But I couldn't even cut the steak with the steak knife I was provided with. Service and ambience was good but quality of food was no better than Applebees. So save yourself some money go to TGIF or Applebees and ask them to dim the lights.Special Features:
- AwsomeFlipperDined on 11/1/2014Best steaks ever, great place, may be lower the prices a little. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- ProfessionalEaterDined on 11/1/2014Steak was over cooked and they brought out another steak that was under cooked and then took it back and over cooked it!
- The go to steak placeSnidermanDined on 11/1/2014The food was prepared and presented just right for a adult birthday dinner... and the rest of our service and food was what we expect when we go to Sullivan's. We'll be back.Special Features:
- One of the quieter nightsJewelsVerneMeiDined on 11/1/2014We went on one of the quieter nights I've seen at this restaurant in recent memory and it was utterly wonderful to have a nice QUIET dinner without the horrible ambient noise levels that occur in restaurants these days!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We chose Sullivans to have my fathers birthday celebration, it was his choice, the service was very 'spotty' we had many different people bring out our food. there was one plate that was brought out incorrectly twice! it was ordered as an entree portion, and they brought out the appetizer portion. and the wait for drinks was ridiculious! my salad was brought out and a few minutes went by and my mom asked me where her salad was, she ordered the same salad as me. and it looked like he just forgot to put in the order for the salad. he also dropped the ball with bringing her the second drink she ordered. she remined him that she ordered another drink. overall experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- One of the bestJJJandJDined on 10/31/2014One of a handful of better restaurants in Anchorage where we will dine. Not pretentious, but nonetheless, high end. Better portions, and a better overall dinner than Simon and Seadfort's. Not over-ally crowded or as noisy as Glacier Brew house. Restaurant lacks one thing----a view. Would return for a fine night out, especially for steak or prime rib.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceRobertDined on 10/29/2014Having lived in south central Alaska for close to 50 years we had never had a dining experience at Sullivan's, Anchorage. Our expectations could not have been more perfect. It happened to be my birthday so we made reservations at Sullivan's for dinner and decided to stay in Anchorage for a couple of days. The food was fantastic. We expressed our compliments to our waitress, the executive chef, assistant manager, and general manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notch.dinerVIPDined on 10/26/2014Good food, good service. In Anchorage, Sullivan's is probably the best steakhouse in town.Special Features:
- Perfect Night with FriendsSmokinGDined on 10/25/2014Had friends in town and chose Sullivan's for the one night we had together for dinner and everyone was still talking about how much they enjoyed the restaurant, the food, Sullivan's made the night greatSpecial Features:
- Sullivan'sdaveDined on 10/25/2014The steaks are some of the best we've ever had. The cheesesteak eggrolls are inspired! The wait-staff is impeccable. It's pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Fine DiningCaptainGrizDined on 10/25/2014Took my date here after seeing 'Les Mis" and was very pleased with their great service and excellent menu. The seared Ahi Tuna appetizers what excellent and serviced cold as it should be and not over cooked or warm. The Blue Cheese Wedge was excellently prepared with diced tomatoes on top a especially good dressing with blue cheese crumbles. Lobster Bisque, again was excellent too but not over-baringly rich. But oh, the creme brulee was to die for! Loved the thick crunchy caramelized sugar glaze...Special Features:
- Date nightryanben81Dined on 10/24/2014Nice place for double date night. Went out with wife and another couple. Good food and drinks. Have gone there multiple times and always had a good experience. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Sullivan's!caevansDined on 10/24/2014Sullivan's served our party of six very nicely. Excellent food and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/21/14DisappointedDined on 10/21/2014It was a birthday. Told staff 2 times. No candle. It was a special night. We wanted an extra half hour for a table and in the meantime was ignored in the bar. When we got the table foe dining our bar drinks arrived. No tip for waitress who neither waited on us nor cashed out with us... Dinner was delicious, good food. But waiter was pretentious and half listened. No bread, wrong steak order then under cooked. Then... No birthday candle after tell 2 hosts!,😒😒😒not recommending nor going back. Simons is much better!Special Features:
- MediocreBlindzebra74Dined on 10/21/2014Steaks was overcooked and meat was poor quality. They nickel and dime you with ala carte side dishes. One of the most expensive meals in Anchorage. Much better food available elsewhere for lower prices. Had steak at Jen's earlier in the week and it was far superior to the filet I had at Sullivan's for about the same price.
- Overpriced for the food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Once a year I try this restaurant again hoping their seafood quality has gone up I know people go here for steaks but if you're going to charge $40 for a piece of salmon it shouldn't be so dry you can blow it out your mouth. Their prices are very high but if something is wrong with your meal the manager says sorry and walks away - what kind of restaurant does that anymore? Too much competition in Anchorage to serve food and have service like this.
- Sullivan's Experienceluv2dineDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I have dined at Sullivan's before and we have always had a good experience. We went to dine there Saturday night and unfortunately we had to wait more than 1/2 hour after our reservation to be seated. The restaurant was full due to an event that was going on downtown in the PAC or Egan Center and people just lingered at their tables waiting for the time to go to the event straight from Sullivan. So my suggestion would be NOT to go when there is an event going on downtown or make your reservation to eat after 8pm if you do not want to wait in the bar or lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationEntertainmentDined on 10/17/2014Our reason for coming to Sullivans was for the entertainment in the bar especially Rick Zelinsky also my son was visiting from Las Vegas and it was his last night before going home so we wanted him to have a special experience which he did. The staff was very friendly the service was good and the food was excellent. But mostly the music was exceptional and entertaining and made the night as after dinner we sat in the bar and really enjoyed it! We would definitely come back to the entertainment and dining at Sullivans. Thanks!Special Features:
- TAMIDined on 10/17/2014THIS WAS OUR FIRST TIME HERE. THE FOOD WAS GREAT! THE SERVICE WAS GREAT! THE GENERAL MANAGER PERSONALLY CHECKED ON US AT OUR TABLE.....AWESOME TOUCH! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in AnchorageJuanchoVIPDined on 10/17/2014As always is nice to come back to Sullivans, excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time will NOT be the last!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My mother and I came to Anchorage for a special occasion birthday celebration. She turned 75, I turned 50. We picked Sullivan due to the proximity of the PAC. What a fantastic dinner!!!! Zach was our waiter and treated us like we were royalty. We could not have chosen a better venue for our celebratory dinner.Special Features:
- Good food & great service.Heritage654Dined on 10/16/2014Sullivan Steakhouse is centrally located with good food and good service. We had a great waitress! The only thing that is in contrast is the noise level, it is much to high for conversation and does not work for a romantic dinner. I'm not sure there is a solution to this problem. Enegetic for the noise level description does not cover the issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnastasiiaDined on 10/10/2014I celebrated my birthday at Sullivan and we waited for the beer for about 30 minutes and about an hour for food. It was so difficult to catch the waiter and ask when will we get our order. Atmosphere is good and food is good but waiting is so long!Special Features:
- Not like it used to be.JOHNDined on 10/4/2014While the service was good, seemed like they needed more help. A long time between server sightings. Quality of the bone in cowboy rib eye, has slipped, a lot fattier than it used to be. The sides portions are 1/2 what they used to be. Considering the increase in prices versus the decrease in quality and quantity of the food, its no longer on the top of my list. While I am aware that prices will increase some, it was only a year ago that I was last in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Great FoodAK4MEDined on 9/21/2014Great place to take out of town guests for a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Inconsistencies continueDellaDined on 9/21/2014Sometimes when I go to Sullivan's it's amazing. This time, not so much. Ribeye was poorly cut with a large gristle at the end and tasted musty as if it had sat in a pool of lamb blood after being butchered. The taste was nauseating. The manager ended up comping the entree. My son's filet, on the other hand, was excellent. The garlic meatballs were outstanding. The shrimp cocktail was totally not worth it, though. Three medium sized steamed shrimp for $9 is ridiculous even for fine dining. Service though was outstanding. Water glasses never went below two thirds full. Waiter was very attentive as well. My recommendation would be to go at lunch rather than dinner. Quality of food seems to be more consistent with the lunch staff.Special Features:
- Good, but disappointingNightawayDined on 9/20/2014I had planned a special night out for my wife and I before I deployed. I made a note on my reservation that it would be great if something special/extra could be done. When we got to the restaurant, there was nothing set up nor mentioned. Apparently, they do not read the notes on your reservation. The restaurant atmosphere and food were, however, perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerAnnieDined on 9/19/2014We had an excellent dinner. The food was great. The steaks are cooked a little on the rare side but we already know this and have our cuts cooked a little longer. Service was a little slow but it was worth the wait. Their blue cheese wedge salad is always the best! You have the option to order al la cart or they offer dinner packages. You can order a starter, steak, salad, side, and choice of potatoes for a fairly low price. We ended our evening in the bar listening to the Jazz Band. It is so cool that they offer entertainment in their Bar. It's where I gravitate towards when choosing a place to have cocktails with business associates. What a nice treat! It's what separates this Steak Restaurant from the rest. It has CLASS!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed a 2nd TimeDinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014I use to like Sullivan's for lunch; not any more!! We were the only diners in the restaurant at 11:40am. My lobster bisque soup arrived cold; the lunch specials were ordered were not any better. The salmon was so salty my dining companion could barely eat it & my balsamic chicken was so dry I left 1/2 of it on my plate. Thank goodness the bread was still warm & delicious!! Very disappointed!! This is the 2nd time within 1 week that I've dined at Sullivan's and it may very well be my last.
- Great steak, inconvenient for kidsBabyFriendly77Dined on 9/13/2014Food & service were great. Unfortunately there are no baby change tables in the restroom and had to use the one un the mall which is a floor away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMandMDined on 9/9/2014Always consistently good! Service is also consistently good! Clean restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed!DinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014I normally like SUllivan's for lunch, but we were disappointed in this trip. The oven wasn't working, so no bread - which is usually very yummy and something I look forward to. Our waitress was either too busy or just plain bad; we didn't see much of her & it took us 20 minutes to pay for our lunch. Finally had to give our payment to the manager! Not good when it should be a given that folks there for lunch need to get in & out within an hour. I hope my next visit is up to the usual standard.
- Do not eat here.JerryVIPDined on 9/7/2014I found the food uninspiring. The appetizer was overdone and not very good, with no distinguishable taste. (cheese steak egg roll) The cesar salad was not very flavorful, somewhat dry. The strip steak was slightly tough and without flavor. I never received my soup although I thought I had ordered it but might not have been entitled to it?? The food was expensive and not worth the price. I will not go back.
- Sullivans Anchorage, AK Pass OnAKdinerDined on 9/5/2014This is my third visit to Sullivan's in Anchorage. For the pleasure of spending $356 on food for 5 people I got to bus our own table, never get drink refills, get pepper, have 2 steaks not done right 3 times, and other comedy other errors. We are easy going patrons but won't waste our time and money, my previous experiences were not as bad but similar. A lot of other restaurants in Anchorage have great service and food, pass on Sullivans.
- SlowAdrianneVIPDined on 9/5/2014Usually everything is wonderful. This time service was terrible and we were there for 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.