Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill
208 S Main Street
Anderson, SC 29624Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sullivansmetrogrill.com/
- Phone: 8642268945
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Bill Nickas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for any size group. Corporate events, wedding receptions, Christmas parties and more. We will work with your budget and we provide custom menus for each event. Please call us for more information
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can accommodate up to 65 people for a sit down meal and when combined with the mezzanine area, we can accommodate up to 150 for hor d'ouvres receptions. The private room is great for speaker programs and we can help you with renting equipment for power point presentations. We specialize in rehearsal dinners and corporate events. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Dowler 8649659030
A word from Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill
Bold American Cuisine with a touch of the Mediterranean. Located in the heart of downtown Anderson, we serve only the freshest ingredients from local Timms Mill Grits to Certified Angus Beef. Our menu offers, Fresh Seafood, Beef, Duck, Pasta, Lamb, Chicken and vegetarian selections. Our Desserts are house made and there are at least 15 different desserts to choose from. Our historic building has original Columns, Staircase and hardwood floors, with white tablecloths, black napkins and candle light, the ambience is like no other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill - Best Restaurants in Anderson ›
Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (15)good for groups (11)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Outstanding Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and wonderful service. The noise level made it very difficult to carry on a conversation across the table. Perhaps some sound dampener curtains, etc would help. I'd be surprised if others hadn't commented on this.Special Features:
- DeliciousDisappointedDined on 8/22/2014From beginning to the end, everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodjunkieDined on 8/20/2014We have had dinner there 3 times and I have yet to eat anything that I didn't enjoy! Great food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014When you eat lunch and dinner at the same place any day, it says a lot about the place. Meals are great and service is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food quality was very good, but had some difficulty making a martini. surprising for an upscale restaurant. Worth mentioning is the drink was just legal, meaning not one drop extra. Extra olives is an unwise tactic to the educated. I don't mind paying for a good drink, and would prefer that then ordering 2. Waiter was exteremly pleasant, nice to see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Date NightClaraBartonDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful date night! The fried green tomatoes appetizer was terrific. I also loved the duck!Special Features:
- waterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014food an service very good, drank water an coffee, both had a horrible taste an odor, if issue w/water supply, bottle water should be issued, was very annoying, didnt complain because of guest with me, who noticed also, but over all food an deserts were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Disappointed...AndrewVIPDined on 6/28/2014Brought my parents in for their anniversary and had a nice evening. Food and service was great, but I ordered a very popular drink and they didn't carry the liquor to make it (Campari). So I decided to order a martini instead and they didn't have olives stuffed with blue cheese. Both of these are common in higher end bars, so I was disappointed. The martini and the Manhattan were both excellent though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014we had a wonderful time celebrating my wife's 60th birthday- a surprise for her. everyone worked well with us to achieve our needs, and meet our budget. the evening was great, and use of the Oxford Room made the event a very private affair. thank you for all the hard work and efforst addressing our needs. probabkly a 5 star everywhere else, but I am one of those who consider 4 stars the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!Naden2Dined on 6/21/2014This is the second time we have dined there. Equally good each time!Special Features:
- ArchieDined on 6/14/2014This was the first time we visited this restaurant and we will definitely return. Everything was delicious. We got our two desserts to go and they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningfoodjunkieDined on 6/6/2014Sullivan"s was a wonderful place to dine, the food was wonderful best I have had in a long time, I enjoyed it and will be returning to dine there in the future. This would be a great place to take someone for a special occasion. I wish I would have found it sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty mealUpstaterDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I attended Sullivan's for our anniversary this year. The star was aware that it was our anniversary and made polite small talk with us about the topic, which was a nice touch. All the food was excellent, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Very nice for a special occaision.Special Features:
- Love Sullivan'sCatloopsDined on 5/11/2014Sullivan's is our favorite place for special occasions or just to celebrate a night out without kids. :) The food is delicious and the desserts are the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!SouthernBelleDined on 5/9/2014Sullivan's has some of the best food in SC! Their lunch menu is large and varied but every dish is prepared with care and is delicious. Prices are also very reasonable (all under $10) and portions are generous. Dinner is more expensive, but deals are often posted on their Facebook page. Even so, the entrees are every bit worth the cost as they are all obviously professionally prepared and full of amazing flavor. Desserts are just as delicious, made in house and displayed in a case near the kitchen for curious diners. The ambiance is also quite nice, the restaurant is clean and lovely and modern with a twist of old charm and you can see into the kitchen. Service is also fantastic; polite, professional, friendly, fast, and thorough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 317 reviews are from the Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill reviews archive.
- Great Placedinner42Dined on 4/28/2014We went for our anniversary and it was great. The food was delicious and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- US + European - the best of bothOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014My Wife and I had a wonderful Dinner at Sullivan's. They served the best of both US and European Cuisines. The Menu was substantial with several "Specials" and the Wine List was superb. We are from the UK and thoroughly enjoyed the delightful service presented in beautiful traditional Dining Room. We have already made our next Reservation - Many ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for formal/ semiformal eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Great atmosphere with a variety of choices to choose from. Our waitress seemed a little stuck up but she did a good job and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No vegan/ vegetarian optionJag04Dined on 3/29/2014I was a little disappointed that there were no vegan option. If I was not vegan, I would say this was a very nice restuarant.
- Good Dining ExperienceFoodLover33Dined on 3/28/2014The food was great though the menu did not offer a lot of choices. I had a salmon (don't recall the sauce that was on it) but it was pretty good. My entree came with a salad and it was $32.95. My husband had tuna and it came something called "lump crab sticky rice" and it was delicious. I loved it and hated that it was on his plate and not mine. His meal was $26.95. They are a little pricey, in my opinion. Overall, it was a great experience and I recommend that everyone try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Upstate restaurantDclmDined on 3/27/2014As always, the shrimp and grits were wonderful. The dessert was amazing! Great service and atmosphere. Made my reservation through Open Table and the seating I specifically requested was waiting for me when I arrived. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner in downtown Anderson SCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2014Went with a group of 6 women. Lots of variety. Food was great for everyone. Service was great. Deserts were over the top. The only thing that we would have liked is the waitress to tell us what the deserts were instead of having to go and look at them. Old revitalized building. Very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience from the beginningSCSiobhanDined on 3/15/2014Six of us spent a lovely evening at Sullivan's and from the very beginning of the evening until the very end everything was delightful. Our server, whose name I have unfortunately forgotten recited the specials for us twice and was extremely patient and considerate with our group. We tend to be a bit chatty, ask a lot of questions and hardly ever order from the menu without asking for special considerations (salad with dressing on the side, packed to go), and my trigger fish special was absolutely perfect. We chose several menu items as well as the specials and everyone in our party loved their food. We shared several desserts and each one was yummy. We will definitely be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentcletesmamaDined on 3/1/2014This was our second time here. We drive 45 minutes and it is well worth the drive! The food is wonderful and the service is exceptional. What sets this place apart is that you get large portions for the price you pay. We came home with leftovers both times!Special Features:
- Congratulations!17thAnnDined on 2/22/2014Sullivan's is an exceptional find! Open and inviting atmoshphere. Exceptional service (noted each course delivered promptly after the prior). Knowledgeable service staff. Great food and selections. Celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary and had a terrific evening. Already telling others and will return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb atmosphere and diningJoeRDined on 2/22/2014Sullivan's really delivers for those individuals seeking great atmosphere mixed with fine dining. The food is prepared fresh and the quality was excellent. Some dining experiences leave you wondering whether a return visit will ever happen. Sullivan's leaves you wondering how soon you can return. This restaurant is a must for couples and groups looking for a great night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabulous!luv2dineDined on 2/21/2014The menu has something for everyone on it. There is a lot of love and care put into each dish. Leave room for dessert...the choices are amazing...I was like a child pressed up to a toy store window looking at all the cakes, pies, cheesecakes. Key lime pie is always my love and they nailed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!! Always Great!!!Clemson2Dined on 2/15/2014Exquisite presentation, wide range of menu selections The scallops, sausage and fried spinach appetizer was great and almost a meal in itselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hometown RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014This was a great place for Valentin'es day! Our table was on the second floor against the rail with a perfect view of all the bustle down below. The venue was elegant. The food was incredibly delicious and cooked to perfection. The service was good; the staff know the menu inside and out. The only problem was the noise. It did get very loud during the busiest part of the night. Other than that, it was great. Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill is a great local place to celebrate special occasions all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedbossmomDined on 2/14/2014We had to wait an hour after our reservation to be seated & were ignored in the bar trying to get a drink while we waited. Our server was the worst I've had in a while. The food was good as usual though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmosphere.CasualDined on 2/14/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. As usual, wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningHappyandFullDined on 2/10/2014My wife and I decided to have a night out. The food and service were both good and we had a great time. Their dessert selection was amazing and our dessert was amazing. Overall, it was worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningWillDined on 2/7/2014Made last minute reservations to Sullivan's for a romantic date night. Ryan, our server, was impeccable and timely, knowledgeable about both the food and the wines offered. The trigger fish and duck we both shared were outstanding, desserts were amazing. After expressing ambivalence regarding our experience with key lime pie, Ryan brought us a complimentary order to try after we had finished our desserts. I was proud to be able to introduce my fiancee to one of the better stateside restaurants, coming from Rome, she has not found such fine fare here often.Special Features:
- Quality of food and featuredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Quality of food and featured creative dishs make this one of the best restaurants in the US.Special Features:
- Always GoodchinadanVIPDined on 1/15/2014I have never had anything bad here. The Lamb Bolognese on the new menu was great! I do miss the Southern Foie Gras (Pork Belly) appSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome LunchLunchRegularDined on 1/13/2014My office had hired a person from out of town. We thought Sullivan's would showcase downtown Anderson. Sullivan's has excellent menu choices, consistantly good food quality and service. Our waitress was not as attentive as I would have liked, poured water in a glass of Sprite, and a few other minor glitches. Everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anderson's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2013Sullivan's never fails. The food, wine, service and atmosphere is wonderful. We carried a 6 week old baby in On a Saturday night. The staff was very accommodating. I happened to try one of the nightly specials and it was delicious. I have never gotten any food here that was not delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening with friendsFood4thoughtDined on 12/28/2013Friends together for the holidays...party of eight...3 of the couples had never been to Anderson or Sullivan's. All were foodies. We requested a round table so that all could easily converse. We were so delighted upon arrival to see they had placed us in a lovely private room with a square table (sitting a couple on each side)...this worked out very well. The dinner was superb with excellent appetizers (hush puppies and black bean cakes) and entrees. Wine and IPA's were excellent and service was wonderful! Our friends were very impressed and a lovely time was had by all. Thank you Sullivan's!! K. BrowderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing ExperienceMetiaj1Dined on 12/28/2013It Was A Great Experience And When I Return Back To South CarOlina I Will Be Eat There Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013The food was excellent. Very tasty, looked pretty on the plate. Excellent. Miranda was an excellent waitress. There is nothing I could say that would be negative. Very good dining experience. Would like to see 1 or 2 gluten free dessert choices.Special Features: