Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant
701, Côte de la Place d'Armes
Montreal, QC H2Y 2X6Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.suite701.com/
- Phone: (514) 904-1201
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday:
6:30am to 10:30am
Monday to Friday:
11pm to 3:30 pm
(bar opens at 11am)
Sunday to Wednesday:
3:30 pm to 11pm
Thursday to Saturday:
3:30pm to midnight
Saturday and Sunday:
11:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Yves Lowe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Suite 701 offers various private dinning rooms for groups starting at 12 people and has banquet facilities for up to 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Béland 5149041201x
- Entertainment: Live DJs play every Thursday, Friday, Saturday night and Sunday brunch.
A word from Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of the top 10 VIP lounges in Toronto and Montreal by Askmen in 2011, Suite 701 Restaurant lounge is well known by Montreal's elite. The hotspot is famous for its tasty cocktails, all crafted with care by the city’s best mixologists. Indulge in a laid-back atmosphere with a creative, urban menu courtesy of Executive Chef Yves Lowe. It offers delectable choices such as the house-smoked organic Irish salmon, the 900g beef rib steak for 2 persons or the Angus beef tartar. Knowned for its 5@7s and many events, the restaurant guarantees memorable evenings punctuated by gourmet delights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (17)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (13)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (12)special occasion (11)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I had come to Suite 701 for drinks only, I was really blown away as to how good the food was! From the Mtl a table menu, I had the tartar, duck, and chocolate ganache, and everything was delicious. The way the dining room is decorated is beautiful. Our server, Gavin, as fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodclegDined on 11/4/2014It was excellent, but a little expensive for students.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningTreatnightoutVIPDined on 10/11/20142 friends and my husband and I ate here to show them Montreal at it's best. The cheese and charcuterie plates are not to be missed. The other menu items delicious. We have a special fondness for the hotel because we had a momentous time there in the past, and the atmosphere of Suite 701 was wonderful (we had only eaten breakfast before). Music great, party night option also great.Special Features:
- Thank youzazouDined on 10/6/2014Very good time at your place ! Thank you very much.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014One of the nicest meals we had in Montreal. Good bar (in good weather )on the terrace. Restaurant has a good feel to it although the music was very repetitive and a bit too loud for conversation. Certainly not to everyone's taste! Service very good.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!!AltGirlTXDined on 9/28/2014Even though I apparently had an early brunch for Montreal (11:30 - which is prime time for Americans) so the restaurant was a tad empty, we had an incredible brunch. The food here is spectacular! The 701 Potatoes are to-die-for - slightly mashed with the skin-on and incredibly well seasoned. The crumpets were hot and perfect and served with two flavored butters and maple syrup. I could have used more syrup, but otherwise incredible. The "Gentleman Mimosa" is something I wish I could get back home! White beer, champagne, pineapple and orange juice, vodka, and champs. The omelette was light and fluffy but slightly bland - I needed Tabasco and salt and pepper. The decor is very trendy and definitely set up for the bar scene but still works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to goGreatVIPDined on 9/25/2014We went for dinner after having some drinks on the rooftop terrasse of the hotel. Food was fantastic and service was very attentive. Try their maple doughnuts! They are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveYSLKVIPDined on 9/23/2014my favorite restaurant in montreal! food, service, ambiance everything is just perfect!Special Features:
- nice place good food slow nightsublimedimetimeDined on 9/18/2014for a thursday, the place was not filled at all; about 1/4 capacity...food was of very good quality and well prepared and fairly creative. The sea bass was good but not very filling even for my girlfriend. The gnoccis were very good but extremely salty... I think they wanted to finish the plate with "fleur de sel" but went a little overboard... it was quickly replaced after comment but then was almost not salty enough... but still enjoyed it as I shared it with my gf. Had tartar as appetizer and it was excellent. Liked the cocktails but was told after by friend that he had the best Mohito there but was not listed ... I guess I should have just asked.. next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to the Notre DameOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/8/2014Went here for lunch while we were in Montreal. Great ambiance, and even better if you go up to the roof, weather permitting. Expected more, in terms of the food, though. Limp & greasy fries came with our lunch and didn't even try to eat them. We had some fabulous meals in Montreal, but this was not one of them.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceLuv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Showed up with a group for burger week at lunch time. The restaurant was empty besides 3 or 4 other tables. It took about 15 minutes for us to be seated and when we finally were, it took the server at least 10-15 minutes to come take a drink order. We then found out that they don't make the burger at lunch. Each time we needed something, we had to get up to find someone. They either don't know how to do their jobs or simply don't care. The food was good and was made quickly but all of that is overshadowed by the terrible wait staff. I wouldn't recommend Suite 701 to anybody.
- Great ambiance & serviceFouFoodieDined on 8/22/2014I really liked the service at Suite 701- staff is friendly and attentive. Ordered the italian burger and it came very quickly. Loved the look of the place and the bar scene. Music was great and really fun. Definate return and recommendation.Special Features:
- Nice night before my weddingSweetstuff16Dined on 8/22/2014It was a great friday night, food was decent, restaurant was pretty full. Service was good and my girl's night was a success! Will be returning! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place in charming OLDMTL!ChristineDined on 8/18/2014The ladies night drink and food menu is delicious! I also absolutely adore the Salmon tartar, it's one of the best I ever had! I recommend Suite 701 to all of my friends coming from Toronto, New York City - Everybody loves it!Special Features:
- Fabulous,ImDbDined on 8/4/2014Great food, awesome drinks, great views, super friendly service, and a fantastic live DJ all in the heart of old Montreal. Can't ask for anything else. A must try!Special Features:
- Suite 701 Old MontrealBrancoreDined on 8/2/2014We were 6(age 46+)people enjoying Old Montreal like we rarely often get to do. Suite 701 was just a gem. From food to music. We went there on a Saturday night. The girl DJ was really good. All 6 of us started with the "La Sanguine" salad. Was just awesome. As a main meal, I had "La Chope" which was superbe. "Le Bar" and "Le filet" were the other selections chosen and everyone simply enjoyed their meal. The service was great. We ended up going to the roof top for drinks. Glad we took the time to discover the least commercial side of Old Montreal.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchERivetDined on 7/30/2014Bistro favorites with a savvy twist. Whether you favor a healthy, colorful first course in order to indulge in an exquisite verrine for dessert, or you want a satisfying steak frites with salad - there's something for every taste. Try their fish and chips - a notch above. Excellent quality-price ratio. The service is attentive and discreet. Enjoy!Special Features:
- The following 111 reviews are from the Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant reviews archive.
- AwesomebirthdaydinnerDined on 7/24/2014I loved it! it was a birthday surprise to my love! and we had a lot of fun, the food was delicious and the service was perfect. I reserved online and i asked for a cake at the end as a surprise. they keep and stick to the customer notes which is spectacular. I told them that u have to leave early and they rushed the service without rushing us, it is simply spectacular!!!! this restaurant is highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- claudiaVIPDined on 7/24/2014Delicious! I enjoyed mymeal, the service was perfect but it was a little long to have our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedAbrunchloverDined on 7/20/2014The place is nice. I went for brunch and it was nice having a dj but the food was very average. I've been there for supper once and I remember it wasn't great either (except for the dessert that was excellent).
- Nice and convenient.Yvonne819Dined on 7/19/2014We stay in Le Place d'armes Hotel, we have dinner there, pretty nice, good food and good service, the hotel give us a complimentary cocktail voucher, we forgot to use it when we order our wine and thinking about to use it on next day, but the waiter know we have the voucher and ask for it, then he deducted it from the bill. We have order for Salmon carpaccio and Beef Tartarte, main course we have Filet mignon and Smoke pork chop, all of them delicious and the main course are perfect cook.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereFoodie03Dined on 7/12/2014Great place to have fun, enjoy drinks and good food. The music is great too and the place full of students and young professionnals enjoying the Montreal summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningodrayDined on 7/11/2014Loved our meal, loved the place, great music, outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We went for drinks but stayed for dinner. Fantastic food. Great ambiance and very nice staff.Special Features:
- Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant ReviewstewartdsVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great customer service, awesome energetic scene and ambiance. Great variety on the drink menu for Saturday and Sunday brunch. I would definitely recommend. The friendly staff made my visit to Montreal a wonderful experience. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Attended the brunch for both Mother's day and Father's day. The food was outstanding and service exceptional on both occasions.Special Features:
- A great place for lunchERivetDined on 6/10/2014Friendly, alert and helpful staff. Great lunch menu. Orders are taken quickly and food arrives promptly, so you can devote your time to conversation and enjoying a really tasty meal. Presentation is always beautiful. Restaurant is often full for lunch, so reservations are recommended. Great place to bring clients or colleagues.Special Features:
- Great to start the dayMuffinDined on 6/7/2014I've only been to Suit 701 for brunch and it's alqays been fantastic. Service is quick and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGLifeinyycDined on 6/1/2014Not sure where to start, food was fantastic, atmosphere relaxing but vibrant, music was great, but my FAVORITE part was the staff. Thank you to the whole Suite 701 lounge team for making breakfast, lunch, and dinner a reason to return. Highly recommended :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- below par serviceAlim384Dined on 6/1/2014I went to Suite 701 for brunch. The food arrived 45mins after I ordered and it was cold, although it tasted very good. The service was not very good and they had a problem with their payment system so I had to sit 20 more mins before they can sort it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentNYfoodieDined on 5/31/2014We had made reservations here for lunch, on a Saturday. After a wait for assistance and marching up and down to the roof, we settled for brunch in the first floor bar area. While the food was good, it was not by any means great and the service staff from the person seemingly in charge of the area down to the bus person were all either not sure what their jobs were or whether they chose to do them. It was an unpleasant, over priced experience.
- Good food but not worth the troubleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Food was good but service was not great. Had to wait for our drink order more than 10 minutes. There was a group of 6-8 also being serviced by our waitress and she spent most of her time looking after them. She offered a bread basket which we ordered but then came back to let us know they had run out (this for an 8:00PM reservation). When we tipped low, she actually came back to ask if we had an issue and we told her. She only had excuses. The music was extremely loud as well.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I went with my family for Mother's Day Brunch, we were disappointed by the rushed, careless service and subpar food.
- Pauvre serviceMimiDined on 5/9/2014S'il y a une constance dans ce restaurant, c'est bien le pauvre service qui s'éternise. Que ce soit à l’heure du lunch ou pour le souper, le service est toujours lent. À la longue, c’est plus qu’irritant. On sera un bout sans y retourner simplement pour ça.
- Skimpy mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My friend and I liked the décor and atmosphere. Our scallop meal was amazing, but 5 scallops and a few brussel sprout leaves, that's it for a dinner, it should've been an appetizer. The price for that plate is stealing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I really like it , the food was amazing great, ambiance ,the only think I didn't like we felt like we are in rush we have to eat and get out , maybe just our waitrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014We were walking around old montreal looking for a place to brunch. Found this place. What an amazing place. Tasty food, great service and a DJ!!! Yes, a DJ at brunch. Music was super nice and it creates a great ambiance. They offer a 25$ open bar concept for brunch. That's cool! We had a all you can drink mimosas brunch!!! Would definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice food, a bit noisywire7Dined on 4/17/2014Beautiful place in old Montreal. Great food. Good service but the wine list needs some improvement.Special Features:
- Cool brunchGreatVIPDined on 4/6/2014One of the coolest brunch in Montreal with good food and a great DjSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday brunchGreatVIPDined on 3/9/2014We went for brunch last weekend and they have a Dj playing soft music and a amazing brunch menu. I had the fried chicken with lemon that was fabulous. They also serve home made scones and crumpets that are to die for! I will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.