Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant
701, Côte de la Place d'Armes
Montreal, QC H2Y 2X6Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.suite701.com/
- Phone: 5149041201x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday:
6:30am to 10:30am
Monday to Friday:
11pm to 3:30 pm
(bar opens at 11am)
Sunday to Wednesday:
3:30 pm to 11pm
Thursday to Saturday:
3:30pm to midnight
(bar open until 3am)
Saturday and Sunday:
11:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Yves Lowe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Suite 701 offers various private dinning rooms for groups starting at 12 people and has banquet facilities for up to 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Béland 5149041201x
- Entertainment: Live DJs play every Thursday, Friday, Saturday night and Sunday brunch.
A word from Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of the top 10 VIP lounges in Toronto and Montreal by Askmen in 2011, Suite 701 Restaurant lounge is well known by Montreal's elite. The hotspot is famous for its tasty cocktails, all crafted with care by the city’s best mixologists. Indulge in a laid-back atmosphere with a creative, urban menu courtesy of Executive Chef Yves Lowe. It offers delectable choices such as the house-smoked organic Irish salmon, the 900g beef rib steak for 2 persons or the Angus beef tartar. Knowned for its 5@7s and many events, the restaurant guarantees memorable evenings punctuated by gourmet delights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)great for lunch (14)good for groups (14)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (11)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (5)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Beautiful place in charming OLDMTL!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014The ladies night drink and food menu is delicious! I also absolutely adore the Salmon tartar, it's one of the best I ever had! I recommend Suite 701 to all of my friends coming from Toronto, New York City - Everybody loves it!Special Features:
- Fabulous,ImDbDined on 8/4/2014Great food, awesome drinks, great views, super friendly service, and a fantastic live DJ all in the heart of old Montreal. Can't ask for anything else. A must try!Special Features:
- Suite 701 Old MontrealBrancoreDined on 8/2/2014We were 6(age 46+)people enjoying Old Montreal like we rarely often get to do. Suite 701 was just a gem. From food to music. We went there on a Saturday night. The girl DJ was really good. All 6 of us started with the "La Sanguine" salad. Was just awesome. As a main meal, I had "La Chope" which was superbe. "Le Bar" and "Le filet" were the other selections chosen and everyone simply enjoyed their meal. The service was great. We ended up going to the roof top for drinks. Glad we took the time to discover the least commercial side of Old Montreal.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchERivetDined on 7/30/2014Bistro favorites with a savvy twist. Whether you favor a healthy, colorful first course in order to indulge in an exquisite verrine for dessert, or you want a satisfying steak frites with salad - there's something for every taste. Try their fish and chips - a notch above. Excellent quality-price ratio. The service is attentive and discreet. Enjoy!Special Features:
- AwesomebirthdaydinnerDined on 7/24/2014I loved it! it was a birthday surprise to my love! and we had a lot of fun, the food was delicious and the service was perfect. I reserved online and i asked for a cake at the end as a surprise. they keep and stick to the customer notes which is spectacular. I told them that u have to leave early and they rushed the service without rushing us, it is simply spectacular!!!! this restaurant is highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- claudiaDined on 7/24/2014Delicious! I enjoyed mymeal, the service was perfect but it was a little long to have our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedAbrunchloverDined on 7/20/2014The place is nice. I went for brunch and it was nice having a dj but the food was very average. I've been there for supper once and I remember it wasn't great either (except for the dessert that was excellent).
- Nice and convenient.Yvonne819Dined on 7/19/2014We stay in Le Place d'armes Hotel, we have dinner there, pretty nice, good food and good service, the hotel give us a complimentary cocktail voucher, we forgot to use it when we order our wine and thinking about to use it on next day, but the waiter know we have the voucher and ask for it, then he deducted it from the bill. We have order for Salmon carpaccio and Beef Tartarte, main course we have Filet mignon and Smoke pork chop, all of them delicious and the main course are perfect cook.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereFoodie03Dined on 7/12/2014Great place to have fun, enjoy drinks and good food. The music is great too and the place full of students and young professionnals enjoying the Montreal summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningodrayDined on 7/11/2014Loved our meal, loved the place, great music, outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We went for drinks but stayed for dinner. Fantastic food. Great ambiance and very nice staff.Special Features:
- Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant ReviewstewartdsDined on 6/28/2014Great customer service, awesome energetic scene and ambiance. Great variety on the drink menu for Saturday and Sunday brunch. I would definitely recommend. The friendly staff made my visit to Montreal a wonderful experience. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Attended the brunch for both Mother's day and Father's day. The food was outstanding and service exceptional on both occasions.Special Features:
- A great place for lunchERivetDined on 6/10/2014Friendly, alert and helpful staff. Great lunch menu. Orders are taken quickly and food arrives promptly, so you can devote your time to conversation and enjoying a really tasty meal. Presentation is always beautiful. Restaurant is often full for lunch, so reservations are recommended. Great place to bring clients or colleagues.Special Features:
- Great to start the dayMuffinDined on 6/7/2014I've only been to Suit 701 for brunch and it's alqays been fantastic. Service is quick and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGLifeinyycDined on 6/1/2014Not sure where to start, food was fantastic, atmosphere relaxing but vibrant, music was great, but my FAVORITE part was the staff. Thank you to the whole Suite 701 lounge team for making breakfast, lunch, and dinner a reason to return. Highly recommended :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- below par serviceAlim384Dined on 6/1/2014I went to Suite 701 for brunch. The food arrived 45mins after I ordered and it was cold, although it tasted very good. The service was not very good and they had a problem with their payment system so I had to sit 20 more mins before they can sort it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentNYfoodieDined on 5/31/2014We had made reservations here for lunch, on a Saturday. After a wait for assistance and marching up and down to the roof, we settled for brunch in the first floor bar area. While the food was good, it was not by any means great and the service staff from the person seemingly in charge of the area down to the bus person were all either not sure what their jobs were or whether they chose to do them. It was an unpleasant, over priced experience.
- Good food but not worth the troubleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Food was good but service was not great. Had to wait for our drink order more than 10 minutes. There was a group of 6-8 also being serviced by our waitress and she spent most of her time looking after them. She offered a bread basket which we ordered but then came back to let us know they had run out (this for an 8:00PM reservation). When we tipped low, she actually came back to ask if we had an issue and we told her. She only had excuses. The music was extremely loud as well.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I went with my family for Mother's Day Brunch, we were disappointed by the rushed, careless service and subpar food.
- Pauvre serviceMimiDined on 5/9/2014S'il y a une constance dans ce restaurant, c'est bien le pauvre service qui s'éternise. Que ce soit à l’heure du lunch ou pour le souper, le service est toujours lent. À la longue, c’est plus qu’irritant. On sera un bout sans y retourner simplement pour ça.
- Skimpy mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My friend and I liked the décor and atmosphere. Our scallop meal was amazing, but 5 scallops and a few brussel sprout leaves, that's it for a dinner, it should've been an appetizer. The price for that plate is stealing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I really like it , the food was amazing great, ambiance ,the only think I didn't like we felt like we are in rush we have to eat and get out , maybe just our waitrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Suite 701 Lounge Restaurant reviews archive.
- Different brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014We were walking around old montreal looking for a place to brunch. Found this place. What an amazing place. Tasty food, great service and a DJ!!! Yes, a DJ at brunch. Music was super nice and it creates a great ambiance. They offer a 25$ open bar concept for brunch. That's cool! We had a all you can drink mimosas brunch!!! Would definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice food, a bit noisywire7Dined on 4/17/2014Beautiful place in old Montreal. Great food. Good service but the wine list needs some improvement.Special Features:
- Cool brunchGreatVIPDined on 4/6/2014One of the coolest brunch in Montreal with good food and a great DjSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday brunchGreatVIPDined on 3/9/2014We went for brunch last weekend and they have a Dj playing soft music and a amazing brunch menu. I had the fried chicken with lemon that was fabulous. They also serve home made scones and crumpets that are to die for! I will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tres bienLukeDined on 2/14/2014J'ai trouvé le service excellent, d'habitude à mtl c rare les serveur/serveuse courtoie et avenant. Les lumière tamisé donne une touche chic et romantique tout en gardant ambiance décontracté. la nourriture été très bonne pour le prix. en gros une très belle expérienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful. Good food. ButOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Beautiful. Good food. But not really romance for couple. Because noise and table not private very close to anotherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re discoverGreatVIPDined on 2/10/2014I have been to suite 701 many years ago and it was a bar, serving some food. What a surprise I had this week when I went again with a friend. Food was superb. Very refined and at a reasonable price. Service was also excellent. I will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly delish!DinningmontrealfanDined on 2/8/2014Food was excelent ... But services was very slow and the place was not crowded.Special Features:
- Worst mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014Salty, overcooked and dry fish, overpowering tastes, unprofessional service, warm tartare.Special Features:
- Bad serviceGabrielleDined on 1/31/2014ambiance was okay but service...Jeez, Awful. I`m allergic to gluten and they brought me an appetizer with barley, telling me it was gluten free. If you have allergy don`t go there!
- Le service de "Open Table"communicationDined on 1/28/2014Le service de "Open Table" devrait être offert en français. Merci de votre considération pour 80 % de la population. mcl
- always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014it's one of the best restaurants in Montreal because of: great food, nice / design hotel/restaurant, great service and good music.Special Features:
- Good food but service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014Great food, great drinks but it took 30 minutes for us to order, 30 to get the bill and another 30 to pay, dont go here if you dont have all night to eatSpecial Features:
- Great ambiance!MarieJeanneVIPDined on 12/31/2013It's a good restaurant for groups, where you find a good atmosphere with DJ all night. Good food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambiancegrillonneDined on 12/30/2013We had a great winter dinner, especially because we were close to the fireplace. Not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst food we ate in MontrealpbearDined on 12/25/2013My husband and I ate here on Christmas day, and the food was horrible--totally inedible. We paid a set $55/person (not including tax or tip), and it was such a waste of money. We hoped that with each dish it might get a little better, but the whole thing was bad. It's a shame because the service was great and it's such a beautiful restaurant.
- good spot to met and talkBenardDined on 12/8/2013A little dispointment with switch between Beakfast and Brunch... We got there at 10h45 whic was ok for the breakfast menu, however our friend was a bit late (5 min) so we had to gowith the brunch menu which is almost similar,but more expensive.Special Features: