47 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.city55restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2129571899
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for up to 500 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Annamaria 2129571899
A word from Suite 55
An American road trip for your palate, Suite 55 brings home to New York delicious dishes familiar and unfamiliar from places coastal and landlocked.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Suite 55 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not at all impressPaulsitoDined on 4/6/2013I had relatives coming from out of town, so they made reservations. We were looking forward to dinning at a Moroccan spot, and enjoying the good music with the belly dancers. We didn't enjoy any of it! We had reservations at 7:30 and the place was literally empty, except for the employees. We decided to sit in the bar a while, and after one drink we just went to our able. There was a very low ambiance music, and we where bored. We munched on appetizers and bounced! there where three girls standing at the hostess table that didn't even say goodbye because they where to busy chatting. PLUS! the food dropped in my stomach like a rock! I had to go and drink a Sambuca to make the digestion.
- Suite 55 is really a hookahOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/21/2012Suite 55 is really a hookah bar/restaurant. At 6:30 pm, we were the only people in the place, aside from the staff who were having their evening meal at the bar. Suite 55 is geared toward a late night crowd. Middle Eastern in decor and cuisine - It is not a dining destination.
- Attempted to replicate LebaneseWaltVIPDined on 7/18/2011Attempted to replicate Lebanese night club ambiance, but failed to deliver on the food preparation. The meza small plate was extremely sparse and the baba ghanoush has rather taseltess. Server was very nice and accommodating, but the chef would benefit from Middle Eastern cooking lessons.
- I booked a table for lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2011I booked a table for lunch, to find that it was not open for lunch
- I think I may like the oldcdanVIPDined on 4/20/2011I think I may like the old lunch menu better -- many options -- but the new menu with middle eastern options are plentiful and sound interesting. I've eaten here many times and always delicious with excellent service. The newly redone upstairs is a lounge oasis of sorts for cocktails and private events.Special Features:
- Service - door to table -OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2011Service - door to table - was great, very friendly. The menu was an eclectic take on Middle Eastern favorites. I recommend the Medjool Dates to start and the Lamb Kofta Skewers will leave you satisfied!Special Features:
- The food was just Ok. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2011The food was just Ok. Nothing to write home about. Fine for a neigborhood joint.Special Features:
- This is a bit unfair, as theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/26/2011This is a bit unfair, as the restaurant was undergoing renovations when I dined there. The staff was very attentive and the food was good.
- AWFUL, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2010AWFUL, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVER. THE DAY OF OUR RESERVATION, WE WERE SEATED, WAITED FOR OVER AN HOUR AND WAS ADVISED CHEF DID NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK THAT DAY! THIS WAS DURING LUNCH RUSH HOUR. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STEP FOOT IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT AGAIN.
- Food was yummy but the serviceDisappointedVIPDined on 12/14/2010Food was yummy but the service was terrible. We had a waitress that never checked on us during our meal. It was at least 35 mins before she even took our appetizer order. Once we got our food, the sides were missing and she claimed that she didn't even put the order in for them. Good thing was the food was good, just lack-luster in service.
- The service was horrible -davidmarketingDined on 12/11/2010The service was horrible - they brought our appetizers, salads, and meal at the same time. Then, they rushed us even though there were tables available. The food and ambiance were fine and trendy but service is part of the overall experience so I would pass.
- This restaurant was a completeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/11/2010This restaurant was a complete disappointment. The menu was uninspiring, the food was just okay, without any interest or much flavor. The service was amateurish. Our drinks as well as the drinks from the tables to our right and left had to be returned to the bar. Ours bore no resemblence to what was ordered. Our appetizer course came after we were almost finished with our main course. Over all a restaurant that is permantently off our list!
- We visited the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/27/2010We visited the restaurant in between lunch and dinner so it was not crowded yet, but they were expecting a crowd, and the food was too good to not attract one! Great, friendly service by all.Special Features:
- The restaurant was empty whenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010The restaurant was empty when we arrived and we were the only ones there for most of the meal. The menu is limited; we had Caesar salads which were ok. We ordered dessert and waited forever. I actually thought they were baking my cheesecake. We had a bus to catch so just when we were ready to leave the dessert arrived. My cheesecake was not as described on the menu. It was more like a whipped jello with a graham cracker crust instead of a raspberry cheesecake with a chocolate crust as described. I won't say it wasn't good, just that it certainly wasn't cheesecake.
- Last week I enjoyed a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2010Last week I enjoyed a nice business-type lunch at City 55. It wasn't too crowded, service was prompt, food was good, ambiance pleasant. I'd recommend.Special Features:
- Food was good, bartender veryroadwarriorDined on 10/26/2010Food was good, bartender very friendly and accomodating......music was too loud making conversation tough.
- Pretty modern restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2010Pretty modern restaurant. Service very friendly and attentive. Good lunch menu.Special Features:
- The waiter was very good atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2010The waiter was very good at his job, the food was amazing and this would be a really romantic place to take a date!Special Features:
- The service was impeccable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2010The service was impeccable. Food selection wasn't as all American as I was hoping since it is billed as food from all over the country. What is on the menus was good, solid American food. Most of the dishes were reasonably priced, and I would certainly go again.Special Features:
- I came here with some coworkersOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2010I came here with some coworkers to check it out since it's a new spot in our office neighborhood and we were very disappointed. All 3 of us ordered the Cobb chopped salad which was shown on the menu with ranch dressing but when it came it was a thick avocado ranch dressing that looked extremely unappealing and the bacon in the salad had a strange chemical-taste. We had the hummus appetizer which was ok but nothing special and the hummus was a little bit soupy. Someone came and asked if we wanted our table cleared while we were all clearly still eating. All in all it was a bad experience which was a disappointment because I'm always looking for new neighborhood spots. I won't be back.
- great place for happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2010great place for happy hour or just to meet a friend for dinner (as I did). The food and service were good and the prices were totally reasonable!Special Features:
- When we first walked intoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2010When we first walked into City 55 at 47 West 55th Street, I was delighted: a very congenial host, nicely designed, light-filled windows, and cushy booths with ample leg room. City 55 must be fairly new; I've found no web site, the lunch service, although very friendly and fairly priced, was short staffed that day and had an air of confusion; and we were told that a menu item that we wanted to order was no longer available. I didn't love the food, because too many of the dishes included whole milk cheese or cheese sauces or legumes, not great for an Eastern European digestive system, especially in warm weather. I could have done without the music too. This is a restaurant that has great potential but needs to get its act together.
- I made 10:30 reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2010I made 10:30 reservations, another member of my party showed up at 10:15 and was told that the kitchen was already closed!!Why would you take a 10:30 reservation if you won't keep your kitchen open??
- I went to City 55 for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2010I went to City 55 for lunch with a co-worker and found that the restaurant was relatively empty, so we had our choice of seating. The menu had a wide range of foods available all at very reasonable prices and each of us enjoyed our meals thoroughly. I also appreciated the fact that the restaurant was so willing to accomodate my request for a substitution - without hesitation. The only drawback was that considering the fact that it was not overly crowded, the service was a bit slow, mind you the food came out quickly, but the waitress did not come by very often and her visits were spread somewhat far apart, But I would absolutely revist and definitely recommend City 55.Special Features: