Sugo - Roswell
408 South Atlanta Street
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sugo - Roswell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7706419131
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm -11:00pm, closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Federico Castellucci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer on-site as well as off-site catering. Please consult our events manager, Nancy Castellucci for more details. We can also email you our Special Events Menu. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and we will promptly send you an electronic version of our menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to walk you through the process of booking your next special event. We have 4 private rooms available for booking.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Castellucci 7706419131
- Entertainment: Live acoustic music featuring Jon Oswald every Tuesday from 6:30 to 9:30.
- Special Events: Bottomless Sangrias every Tueday - $15
May is Celiac Awareness Month please call 770-641-9131 to book your "Meatballs with Mr C" class. The gluten free versions of these classes will be held on May 16th and May 30th. Call now to reserve you spot.
A word from Sugo - Roswell
After 10 great years, Sugo has sold! Please visit our other Sugo location in John's Creek -- reservations can be made at http://www.opentable.com/sugo-johns-creek. Thank you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sugo - Roswell reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our food and our server wereEastCobbFoodieDined on 3/9/2013Our food and our server were both outstanding. The server knew the menu backwards and forwards, including the lesser known ingredients of some fairly complex dishes. I would have given the "overall" experience an outstanding rating, had not the bartender seemed overwhelmed. While waiting for our table, I waited 10 minutes at a completely empty bar, without ever being addressed, only to be seated and eventually ordering a pre-dinner cocktail from our server. While the food is a bit on the heavier side, everything was delicious. It's been a few years since we last went to Sugo's. I'm not sure why they ever got dropped from the rotation, but they're back on.Special Features:
- Great find, don't let theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013Great find, don't let the address fool you. Food was very good so was the atmosphere, not loud. I would much rather eat at Sugo then most restaurants on Canton Street in Roswell! Thank youSpecial Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsdd2013Dined on 3/4/2013One of our favorite restaurants in metro Atlanta. We really enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Sugo's this week.Special Features:
- We were disappointed in Sugo's...travelbugDined on 3/2/2013We were disappointed in Sugo's... I've been to the previous "roasted garlic" and to Sugo's in its new form a few times. I believe they have left their "roots" and are trying to be something they are not. I liked the basics...the food was tasty and a little quirky with all of the different ingredients..but they were able to bring them together in a unique way. I feel they have lost their touch.
- I was not overwhelmed by SugoBartDined on 3/2/2013I was not overwhelmed by Sugo even though I had heard good things in the past. I was there with 4 couples for a business dinner. I found the portions of the appetizers and some of the entrees to be very small including my veal dish. We were seated right next to a window and it was extremely drafty. Three people in our party ordered on of the specials and we were later told they were out. I felt we should have been told prior to ordering. They were out of some desserts as well.
- It was our first visit todawnVIPDined on 3/1/2013It was our first visit to this Sugo. Love that some of the old dishes were brought back! I prefer the atmosphere at the Johns Creek location, but so glad we saw some of the same faces.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2013Food is consistent, wonderfully presented and especially tasty combining a variety of flavorful combinations. We always love the bacon wrapped dates, the lamb shank was fall off the bone and the eggplant preparation was delicious. We've also been to sister restaurant Iberian Pig and we love that too.Special Features:
- Sugo restaurant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Our experience at Sugo on hwy 9 was in word "outstanding"! Chef Bill prepared a great meal and we were treated wonderfully. Fredirico came to our table and described the menu to us. Nice touch to be sure. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- The new managing partner,foodie4sureDined on 2/20/2013The new managing partner, Chad, surprised us with a complementary "pre-appetizer" using their lamb bolonese and other items in a stack presentation - it was quite tasty. We shared the flatbread appe which was very good - the bread was super thin and crispy and the toppings were delish. We got two of our favotite entrees the pork braciole and the lamb saltimbocca (which is being brought back for a limited time). Nice wine and excellent service by Tyler rounded out a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- The menu was very limited.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013The menu was very limited. Also, I'm not a fan of Greek restaurants that masquerade as Italian, when right down the street from this place is a very authentic Italian restaurant.
- Once again, a great experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Once again, a great experience!!! Will be back!!! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Sugo never fails to please.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2013Sugo never fails to please. Excellent food, service & ambiance. One of my all-time favorite restaurants. Fusion of Greek and Italian food. Mouth watering flavors always takes the palette on an adventure. Again, kudos to Sugo! I would recommend Sugo to any of my friends and family.Special Features:
- We had a party of 4 and everyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We had a party of 4 and every one of us raved about our meal.Special Features:
- Great food, good service.sunnyDined on 2/14/2013Great food, good service. Always nice that one of the owners makes it a point to go around and check on the diners.Special Features:
- The interior could use a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013The interior could use a little sprucing up. Carpet was worn and paint chipping off the walls.Special Features:
- Went to Sugo for a ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Went to Sugo for a Valentine dinner with my husband and son. The reservation was early and we were seated in a room that was overpowered by a plug-in air-freshener. Bad sign. Meals were for the most part only ok, but the Flounder was very poorly prepared. Mushy fish served with mushy ravioli. A very long wait between appetizer and main course even though the restaurant was not very busy that early. Not my idea of a great dinner. We have dined at Sugo many times and have had very good food, but it has been a while and I don't plan on trying again any time soon.
- Sugo continues to be a neighborhoodjimmydDined on 2/9/2013Sugo continues to be a neighborhood gem as the menu continues to change there are still the oldtime favorites. From excellent small plates to wonderful entrees there is something for whatever you are craving.Special Features:
- Have dined here often andinfrequentflierVIPDined on 2/9/2013Have dined here often and am always pleased. THis time was not quite up to snuff. The special was bland, the service slow and something I ate did not agree with me. Made for a tough weekend.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013We were pleasantly surprised by the food and the service. Nasty night outside, pouring a cold rain, but the valet acted like he loved it! The restaurant was pleasantly lit and made us feel warm and welcome. We had a drink at the bar first, martini for my sweetie and a hot cider with bourbon for me. My man had to coach the bartender (she had added about 1/3 vermouth, a sin for a real martini drinker) but she cheerfully repoured. My drink was fine, just the right amount of bourbon so not to overpower the cider, perfect drink for a cold night. The bar tab was a little surprising though, $25 pre tip for 2 drinks (that's why no 5 star rating). Almost every dish was wonderful. Owner came by several times, very good expererience overall.Special Features:
- We went for a birthday celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013We went for a birthday celebration. There were may items on the menu that were no longer available by the time we ordered. Once the food arrived, it was delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mealcmc444Dined on 1/26/2013Fantastic food and presentation. Service very generous and courteous but slow.Special Features:
- Good Food if you can get itMillerVIPDined on 1/26/2013My wife and I had been talking about going to SUGO-Roswell for a long time and finally decided to go during Roswell Restaurant Week to give them a try. We had 8:00 reservations on Saturday night and were seated immediately. We loved the food "ONCE IT GOT TO US". Our appetizers arrived about 20 minutes apart and then took another hour for our main courses to arrive. Of course they were out of desert by the time we got to it. NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE.
- Exceptional food; weak serviceOTPFoodieDined on 1/26/2013The food was exceptionally good from the appetizers to the dessert. Our waiter was very weak. We will go back but hope for a different waiter.Special Features:
- Our waiter was new and didninakingDined on 1/26/2013Our waiter was new and did not know the menu. Also, the restaurant was out of at least 2 dishes that we ordered and the waiter didn't communicate this to us until well into the meal. Also, it took about 3 hours to eat there.
- Although the food was goodCc22VIPDined on 1/26/2013Although the food was good - I do miss some of their older selections. Service was slower than it should have been. However, overall we and our guests enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Price fix menu for restaurantHappyanniversaryVIPDined on 1/26/2013Price fix menu for restaurant week. My meatball appetizer was delicious but my chicken wasn't very flavorful and a little dry. The waiter neglected to tell us they were out of the desert we ordered, so he substituted another delicious dessert, plus he took off the cost of dessert. Aside from the price fix menu the dinner selections were quite expensive. I probably won't return.
- This was my first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2013This was my first visit and it was WONDERFUL. Tried the lasagna and had the Rucola salad. Love it! Our waiter was very informative and friendly. Also loved how you can get 3 or 6 oz glasses of wine. I will be back!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Been there many times - The food and service is always excellent.Special Features:
- A real find for anyone whoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2013A real find for anyone who has to maintain a gluten-free diet. With their delicious homemade rice pasta, they have created a gluten-free menu that is as rich and wonderful as their regular menu. A BIG thank-you for realizing that those of us who are gluten-free also want to eat great food!
- First time at Sugo thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013First time at Sugo though I have lived near it for years. I wish I had visited much sooner. Restaurant is a little too dimly lit but the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Sugo is currently celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2013Sugo is currently celebrating their 10th anniversary (Jan-Feb, 2013). We're happy we learned about them nine years ago!Special Features:
- Long wait even with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/19/2013This restaurant has always gotten high marks so we decided to try it out. We had 8pm reservations but were not able to be seated until 8:50 due to a very busy night for them (it was apparently restaurant week.) They were out of bread and 3 of their 7 desserts. Manager/Owner did come by and say we would be comped free desserts. Unfortunately we were not comped these on our bill but at this point we just paid because we had already been there so long. Food was just ok, probably b/c the kitchen was so backed up.Special Features:
- Sugo used to be our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Sugo used to be our favorite place in Roswell. The food and service have fallen off considerably over the past year. It is still a nice place, but with all the competition in the area, there are many better places to go within 5 minutes that have better food and service. They have a lot of work to do in order to earn our business back. We used to go once per month and now it has fallen off our list. Sadly.
- Although the food was good,tpatlantaVIPDined on 1/19/2013Although the food was good, the service was extremely slow. We skipped dessert simply because we were tired of waiting for the waitstaff to return. There were several large tables and it was a Saturday night, so perhaps we just picked a bad night.Special Features:
- The food was very good; howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013The food was very good; however the server took a while to return and take our order. We also requested a basket of bread without cheese and the bread basket was brought with cheese. I recommend requesting a seat away from the door during the winter. Every time the door opened a blast of cold air hit our table.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinner.Kathy29Dined on 1/12/2013We had a wonderful dinner. The food was awesome and the service extraordinary. Dillion is an amazing server.
- The grilled salmon and theJeanVIPDined on 1/12/2013The grilled salmon and the venison were really good.Special Features:
- Really good food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013Really good food, excellent service and really, quite romantic. Overall a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Our first experience at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/10/2013Our first experience at this restaurant -- a good, solid evening!
- Not happy with new changesDinerVIPDined on 1/5/2013Not happy with new changes to menu. Many of favorite tapas gone. Now way too many pork and sausage dishes