Sugo - John's Creek
10305 Medlock Br. Road, at the Shoppes of St. Ives
Duluth, GA 30097Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sugo - John's Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (770) 817-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offering on-site as well as off-site catering. Please consult our events manager, Stephanie Castellucci for more details. We can also email you our Special Events Menu. Simply send an email to email@example.com with your contact information, and we will promptly send you an electronic version of our menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to walk you through the process of booking your next special event. We have two private rooms available for booking.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Castellucci or Mikki Warburton 770-817-8000x
- Special Events: Join the "Sugo Family" database to receive exclusive offers to wine events and other member only promotions.
A word from Sugo - John's Creek
At Sugo we strive to create an exceptional dining experience through precisely prepared high quality ingredients, attention to detail, and sincere hospitality. The cuisine features modern re-inventions of dishes from our family's past. Blending ingredients and flavors from both our Italian and Greek roots creates a unique taste of the Mediterranean seldom found in the US. Our roots in the restaurant business trace back to 1917 in Providence, Rhode Island as Greek and Italian immigrant restaurateurs. As one of the preeminent restaurants outside the perimeter, we aim to exceed your expectations thoroughly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sugo - John's Creek - Best Restaurants in Duluth ›
Sugo - John's Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (80)romantic (59)good for groups (46)notable wine list (44)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Booking on Open table was a breeze. Arrived on time and we were seated right on time. We were a party of 6 and all service was outstanding. Owner even came out to explain some of the specials and to guide us on our menu choices. Our pre drinks to appertiser's to our main course seemed to just flow at a good pace. We would diffinatly recommend Sugos as a great place to enjoy friends and great food. This was our second visit and it only seems to get better each time we visit. Try it! You won't reget it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambiance, friendly and welcoming staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014The food was great, the staff makes you feel at home. and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Our waitress was really nice to our family and good at serving. I liked the atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently PerfectcraigwhyDined on 11/21/2014Lovely every time we come (once a quarter or so). The appetizers, which change often, are not to be missed. The "value wine" selection is just fine. In fact, close your eyes when you point at an item on the menu--whatever comes, it will be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteBTGroarkVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food is amazing, environment wonderful (as is the service) and the owners are great at making you feel welcomed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiGiDined on 11/15/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Sugo's . The food and service is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Service rushedTravelerDined on 11/15/2014I have been here before during the week and have been completely satisfied with the creative menu and friendly service. On a recent Saturday night the food was still as good as during previous visits, but the service was a bit disorganized and the timing was off. Our starters arrived at 3 different times. Then the entrees arrived before we finished our starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic fish!ATPsVIPDined on 11/8/2014They have a great fresh fish program, and the dishes really show it! The swordfish was terrific. Of course, the lasagne was so delicious as well!Special Features:
- Great experiencemegwuDined on 11/8/2014We had a great experience and will gladly return and recommend to friends. The food was excellent as was the service. The Owner came by to thank us and explain many of the details behind the food offerings - which made the experience much more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed out of thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The food was extremely good and the service was just fine until the end. I was with two friends and it was not even 9:00 (our reservation was for 6:45 and we were seated a few minutes before 7); we had finished our meal and were just chatting. There was only one couple in the room with us, so it was not like they were waiting to seat other diners. The waitress came over first and asked if she could take the check and did. Several of the wait staff kept coming over to our table one at a time and we got the distinct impression that they could not wait for us to get out of there, so we left. As we left, they shut down that dining room and the waitress rushed out of the restaurant and left - I guess she was ready to go home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place to CelebrateChuckDined on 11/1/2014We were there to celebrate a retirement, and although there were a few large groups there everything was perfect. Service was excellent, food had great flavors and we were not rushed. It met all expectations. Would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a special night out.Special Features:
- Great evening!mommaforJesusDined on 10/31/2014A wonderful evening of delicious food coupled with our favorite people - family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Treat!OdomFoodiesDined on 10/30/2014Mr. C was more than a cordial host. He and his lovely wife welcomed us into their restaurant and spent time with us explaining the featured menu options and methods of preparation. This is definitely a unique dining experience and there is nothing on the menu that is not delicious and a feast for the eyes as well.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as AlwaysDavidDined on 10/30/2014You can not go wrong at Sugos, whether you're there for a dinner of "small plates" or are ready for one of their creative main dishes, you'll never be disappointed. Service was excellent, with the waitress knowing the menu by memory, and willing to give recommendations. I think we made it almost all the way through the small plate menu. Great for a date night, anniversary or a business meeting.Special Features:
- Food Qualitytlynch02Dined on 10/28/2014My lasagna was not very good, but the other dishes were great...pork chops and steakSpecial Features:
- Always AmazingPamm924Dined on 10/24/2014Sugo is our family's favorite restaurant. Our grown children still request Sugo to celebrate every birthday, just as they have since they were teens. It never, EVER, disappoints. The squash blossoms are our absolute favorite dish.Special Features:
- Party of eight – great time2foodeesDined on 10/24/2014Made a reservation for eight on a Friday night at 6:45, table for eight Food and drinks were great. Everyone loved the bacon wrapped dates, meatballs, bragiole, scallop and lobster dishes, tiramisu and the bourbon bread pudding were excellent to finish. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service, Great FoodNashvilleFoodieDined on 10/20/2014Sugo was recommended by a friend. The restaurant itself is charming and the décor was sleek and tasteful. Our server, Peter, was great! He was prompt, attentive, and even treated us to a scoop of vanilla gelato. The owner came by and chatted with us. Overall, we received very friendly service. The Chicago Prime did not disappoint. The meat was perfectly cooked, flavorful, and juicy. The Caesar salad was delicious. The romaine was crisp and the croutons were tasty. This was a great spot for dinner. The restaurant was perfect for families, couples, and large parties. All three were present during our stay. I highly recommend Sugo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sugofoodie4uDined on 10/18/2014Always a great place....we sat at the bar and ate and had great service. Food was delicious. The wine selection was limited. I wish I had more options.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningMorgansDined on 10/11/2014First time there with out of town guests. The experience was wonderful and it was a big hit with our guests! The owner's personal visit to our table along with an amazing server made it a great time. Our only criticism was it was super loud and difficult to hear in the main dining room. A somewhat quieter setting would have taken the experience to the next level! We will be back! Its our new favorite!Special Features:
- Excellent service; food was mehatlantadinerDined on 10/11/2014I so wanted to give this restaurant a high rating - our waitress Rebecca was detailed, doting and made every dish sound wonderful. The manager walked by several times checking if everything was all right. Our water glasses were constantly being filled. The atmosphere was subdued and very relaxing. BUT.....the food was not as good as I expected. Our dishes were brought promptly but the bread was basic, their signature meatball starter did not have much flavor and the bacon wrapped dates were just OK. My husband was not at all impressed by the bracciole. Maybe we tried the wrong dishes (I ordered the swordfish special). However I doubt we will be going back here.Special Features:
- Details matterfoodfanDined on 10/11/2014From the outset you know you are about to experience something special. The moment we walked through the door we were warmly welcomed by not one, but three smiling greeters. We were immediately escorted to our table where it seemed an army of Sugo staff catered to our every need. Impressively, Mr. C himself took the time to come to our table and describe the different elements that make Sugo's menu so incredible. This is one dining experience not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningCocomotoDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed a great evening celebrating 65th anniversary. Staff very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, don't try "lasagna"seirrehcDined on 10/3/2014The last time I dined at Sugo was approx 6-8 years ago in Roswell and remembered loving the wide selection. We shared the Caprese salad & were thoroughly impressed. I ordered the lasagna and she ordered Federico's Braciole. Her Braciole was delicious as expected. My lasagna was nothing like a lasagna at all. As much as I appreciate unique dishes, it's hard to take a staple Italian dish and interpret it so loosely. Served in a baked ziti-type dish, I had two bites of soupy cheese & sausage. Our waiter approached as I was looking confusedly at the dish & immediately offered to get me another dish. I quickly received the Black Truffle Pasta, but had my heart set on authentic lasagna. Excellent service, but I left disappointed.Special Features:
- OutstandingBTGroarkVIPDined on 10/3/2014My first time I have been to Sugo's, shame on me. The food was outstanding, service great and the owner's were exemplary hosts - their social interaction with the guests alone is reason to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!AurelioDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I recently dined at Sugo for the first time and we'll be back. Our server, Amanda, was terrific! Mr.C dropped by our table and everyone else's more than once to make sure everything was OK. Our whole lobster or pasta was outstanding and the stuffed squash flowers were a wonderful treat! Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Over the Top Wonderful!dawnVIPDined on 9/27/2014Went with another couple and enjoyed a marvelous meal. I had a wine flight matched to a 3 course food selection. Superb! Service is always the best, but Mr. & Mrs. C treated us like we were there favorite, most important guests. That's why we go back again and again.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Restaurantmeag9686Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I have been going here for years. We first dined here to see if it was a good spot for a rehearsal dinner (it is) and have continued to dine here for anniversaries and birthdays. This time, it was our four year anniversary. We enjoyed every bit. I would say the best things on the menu are the bacon wrapped dates, meatballs, Chicago prime, and hanger steak. Don't forget the chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure ThingYumYallDined on 9/26/2014Once again, an evening was capped with another flawless visit to one of my favorite restaurants - Sugo. The proprietors, Federico and Nancy, are there to insure their remarkably inventive cuisine is served with the proper educated enthusiasm. It makes for an always enjoyable and delicious adventure that never gets old. This time we tried the Brachiole, the North Atlantic Salmon and the Stuffed Chicken - all different - all simply wonderful! Sugo ... Bella!Special Features:
- Amazing!WaccamawAtlDined on 9/26/2014Sat at the bar and Jason was amazing! From service, to cocktails, food and recommendations. Hands down would recommend Sugo to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary perfection!THC926Dined on 9/26/2014From the complete atmosphere to the food to the owners checking on our table, our anniversary date night was perfect! This was our first time at Sugo and it certainly will not be our last!Special Features:
- Food is amazingMissyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Every course was well prepared, delicious and staff was great. Johns Creek is lucky to have Sugo. Flavors were all off the charts. Walnut stuffed bacon wrapped dates w/romesco sauce and spanikopita appetizers were perfect. Mains were delectable. Frederico's pork is a MUST. Desserts were also very good (baklava cheesecake & 00 choc cake).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always excellentLindaLouDined on 9/18/2014I have been to Sugo's many times, and as always it never disappoints. Excellent food and service. The bacon wrapped dates are a must!! Whether you are two or twelve this is always at the top of the list.Special Features:
- North 'burbs gem!GfrankDined on 9/18/2014Brought an out of town friend here for dinner and was extremely pleased with the overall experience. Great apps, wine selection and food was fabulous! Beautiful evening on the patio. Had minor glitch with server on couple items, but not something to diminish overall experience. Highly recommend and IMO think this is one of the best resturants in the northern 'burbs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Was thinking about using this place as our rehearsal dinner location. After a romantic evening, I'm sold. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantBigCDined on 9/12/2014As always at Sugo. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. Never disappointed and looking forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantjunedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love this restaurant. Celebrate all birthdays and anniversaries here. Bring all visiting friends here for a great dinner. Food is always well prepared, fresh ingredients. Favorites include their lobster special, scallops, crispy artichoke appetizer and Caprese salad. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I rememberedLusciousDined on 9/6/2014We went here for our anniversary. We had previously dined here 10 years ago and my husband hadn't remembered dining here. He was very impressed with the service. Our waiter Anthony was outstanding. He described the dishes to perfection.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentATLMommaDined on 9/6/2014Have eaten here several times and it is always consistent. Excellent service, warm atmosphere and interesting, quality menu choices go together to make Sugo a go to when we want a finer dining evening but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun and amazing food!dawnVIPDined on 9/5/2014We got treated like royalty there! Went with friends and got a great table and server. So many wonderful choices for dinner and wine list. Had the bread pudding for dessert -fabulous! Mr. & Mrs. C are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.