Sugo - John's Creek
10305 Medlock Br. Road, at the Shoppes of St. Ives
Duluth, GA 30097Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sugo - John's Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7708178000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offering on-site as well as off-site catering. Please consult our events manager, Stephanie Castellucci for more details. We can also email you our Special Events Menu. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information, and we will promptly send you an electronic version of our menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to walk you through the process of booking your next special event. We have two private rooms available for booking.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Castellucci or Mikki Warburton 770-817-8000x
- Special Events: Join the "Sugo Family" database to receive exclusive offers to wine events and other member only promotions.
A word from Sugo - John's Creek
At Sugo we strive to create an exceptional dining experience through precisely prepared high quality ingredients, attention to detail, and sincere hospitality. The cuisine features modern re-inventions of dishes from our family's past. Blending ingredients and flavors from both our Italian and Greek roots creates a unique taste of the Mediterranean seldom found in the US. Our roots in the restaurant business trace back to 1917 in Providence, Rhode Island as Greek and Italian immigrant restaurateurs. As one of the preeminent restaurants outside the perimeter, we aim to exceed your expectations thoroughly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Sugo - John's Creek - Best Restaurants in Duluth ›
Sugo - John's Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (100)fit for foodies (92)romantic (68)good for groups (40)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- North 'burbs gem!GfrankDined on 9/18/2014Brought an out of town friend here for dinner and was extremely pleased with the overall experience. Great apps, wine selection and food was fabulous! Beautiful evening on the patio. Had minor glitch with server on couple items, but not something to diminish overall experience. Highly recommend and IMO think this is one of the best resturants in the northern 'burbs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Was thinking about using this place as our rehearsal dinner location. After a romantic evening, I'm sold. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantBigCDined on 9/12/2014As always at Sugo. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. Never disappointed and looking forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantjunedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love this restaurant. Celebrate all birthdays and anniversaries here. Bring all visiting friends here for a great dinner. Food is always well prepared, fresh ingredients. Favorites include their lobster special, scallops, crispy artichoke appetizer and Caprese salad. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I rememberedLusciousDined on 9/6/2014We went here for our anniversary. We had previously dined here 10 years ago and my husband hadn't remembered dining here. He was very impressed with the service. Our waiter Anthony was outstanding. He described the dishes to perfection.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentATLMommaDined on 9/6/2014Have eaten here several times and it is always consistent. Excellent service, warm atmosphere and interesting, quality menu choices go together to make Sugo a go to when we want a finer dining evening but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun and amazing food!dawnVIPDined on 9/5/2014We got treated like royalty there! Went with friends and got a great table and server. So many wonderful choices for dinner and wine list. Had the bread pudding for dessert -fabulous! Mr. & Mrs. C are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The experience from start to finish cannot be beat. The owners want every diner to know they are important and they show their appreciation for selecting Sugo's. Every dish we have had is nothing but the best.Special Features:
- All Was Great Until the EndAdrianVIPDined on 9/4/2014I don't think I'll return cause of a reason I'm unable to say due to OpenTable policy. However let me still describe the rest of my visit. The place is spacious and comfortable. The service is top notch! The owner came to our table, greeted us, and explained the specials. Love to see this type of passion and care from an owner. Our waiter, super friendly, happily answered our questions, gave good recommendations, and went out of her way to make our experience great. The food is extremely fresh and as a result tastes outstanding. Our table loved the Meatball, Mushroom Ravioli, and their Scallops were the best I recall having. What happened to me is probably a one time thing, so I still recommend others to visit due to the food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!JohnDined on 9/2/2014We took advantage of autumn special. Tried some new dishes and loved all the food! Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!SandBVIPDined on 8/28/2014Having eaten at the other Castelucci restaurants (Iberian Pig and Double Zero) we had high expectations but they were exceeded. Every dish was better than the previous and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great Mid-Week Treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Many thanks to our server Angela who made wonderful recommendations and treated us well! The bacon-wrapped dates and stuffed squash blossoms with pasta were amazing openers to a lovely meal and a top notch dessert!Special Features:
- Superb StaffEchtayDined on 8/26/2014I made a reservation and indicated it was my first time visiting the restaurant. Someone called and I explained we were taking business clients to Sugo for dinner. A private room was offered and it was wonderful. The owner walked us through the menu and explained where the ingredients came from. The food was excellent! I appreciated the great customer service from the time I made the reservation through the time I left. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not honoring reservationsouttodineDined on 8/23/2014We arrived 15 mins before our reservation and was told by our time we would be seated. 35 mins after our reservation we still we still were not seated. We have never been here before and were never directed to the bar area or any area of the restaurant at all. The restaurant was more interested in seating bigger parties instead of parties of 2. Both my husband and I have worked the restaurant life and are great tippers. We felt like we were taken advantage of because of our apparent age. (we were younger than many around us) We will not ever go back despite hearing how wonderful this place is. This was not how we wanted to spend out 9th anniversary together..not to mention paying for a babysitter to just sit and wait.Special Features:
- My freinds were right!caneswinDined on 8/23/2014I had a several friends give me positive reviews of the restaurant and they were right. We had dinner at Sugo to celebrate a birthday on a Saturday night. The restaurant was busy, but not in an overwhelming way, and a reservation is suggested. Our server, Julia, was fantastic. Julia was very knowledgeable about the menu, attentive, and extremely pleasant. What stood out about the food for us, besides the great taste, was the freshness. Fantastic and refreshing. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- So Delicious it almost hurts !!!!!!thkflDined on 8/23/2014Food and presentation are stellar !! Italian food to die for !! If Zucchini pods are offered as a small plate, don't miss them!! And the Lamb Crostini and Meatball are amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerGood2goDined on 8/22/2014Food was outstanding as usual and Mr. C. stopped by the table a couple of times to make sure everything was ok.Special Features:
- Terrific, As UsualfeedmeDined on 8/16/2014Once again dinner at Sugo was a pleasure. Excellent food with great service and very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Causual Elegance for the EveningbensojaDined on 8/16/2014An Anniversary Dinner to remember! We relaxed and dined from 7:30 until 10:30 PM. We weren't rushed or hurried. The wait staff knew we were celebrating. They made appetitizer and dinner suggestions, help with wine selection and even suggested the perfect dessert - the Chocolate Cake. We even banter with Mr. and Mrs. C. To top off the evening, one of the wait staff sang an Italian Love Song in honor of our 15th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Enjoyable early dinnerCoachDined on 8/16/2014To celebrate my birthday we enjoyed Sugo's Kitchen for the first time. Tucked away on the back side of a shopping center along busy Medlock Bridge Road, it was not visible from the road, but we were glad to find it. The meal was excellent and the owner dropped by to chat and he was friendly and hospitable. Very nice experience overall!Special Features:
- scotsmanDined on 8/16/2014An excellent dining experience 2.5 hrs. of culinary pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014I must admit that the last few times I'd been to Sugo, it seemed like it wasn't as good as the past therefore I hadn't been in a while. I'm happy to report they are back. Service and food were excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great service and foodRahimPVIPDined on 8/15/2014I always enjoy my meals at Sugo. The staff is fantastic and the food is always great. I've never had a bad experience dining at Sugo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food -- Service not greatJon4DinnerDined on 8/15/2014My first time at the restaurant for a first date. I was extremely disappointed in the service. When I have to flag down my server to ask where our appetizers were, asked for another serving of bread (which we never received) then had to ask the owner twice (since our server never returned to our table) for another glass of wine ... well ... service was horrid. Food, however, when it finally arrived was very good. The squash blossom appetizer was superb!!Special Features:
- Take Notes!NativeATLnDined on 8/8/2014Always consistently good. The Castellucci's are great hosts. Others should take notes... You truly feel that they are glad you came. The secret is that this feeling filters throughout the staff. We know we will have a great experience, great food, great wine and we know we will be back!Special Features:
- Great fun spot!MaryDined on 8/8/2014Always consistent.... good food, great atmosphere! Servers are helpful and knowledgeable! Owners of the establishment are very involved and always come by to say Hi and chat to let us know about the specials for the evening and anything new for the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Family FavoriteoutstandingDined on 8/2/2014Sugo is our all time family favorite for a family night out,special evening, or date night get away. The food is outstanding and they even have a gluten free menu and kids menu. The owners Mr. and Mrs. C pour their wonderful hospitality into this restaurant and come by and greet the guest individually each visit. They make you feel like part of their family! My children LOVE Mrs. C and it is amazing how special she makes the kids feel with her attention to detail. They even have coloring books and crayons for the kids so definitely a great upscale restaurant that enjoys when you bring your kids! That is hard to find these days. A neighborhood treasure that my family and I will drive an hour for.Special Features:
- A Great Birthday Dining Experience.YummmDined on 7/30/2014Sugo has been a go-to restaurant for us for several years.The food is terrific-interesting choices, well prepared. The wine list is good: wines we recognize and not too highly inflated prices. Service is friendly, professional. The new sinks menu is neat! I was tempted to try a "new" Manhattan in place of my usual cocktail and it was well worth it! They have new infused cocktails I want to try on my next visit. The owner, Mr. C, is always around checking on his guests, making sure everything was as requested. The hostess (I think Mrs. C) is a bubbly sprite, zooming everywhere , doing anything that needs to be done. A great place to celebrate or just have a wonderful meal with attentive service.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Of the 8 paople in out party, one sent back her food, and the other almost did, but felt sorry for the waiter. There were no oohs or ahhs or "This is great"s at the table. I guess a fancy name for a dish doesn't necessarily mean it will taste good. Salad greens were fresh, but the bread tasted like sheep's wool. I ordered the meatball which was so salty that it unfortunately overwhelmed the tomato sauce surrounding it. Sorry, but I won't be going back.
- Terrific place!KathyDined on 7/25/2014The food is always tasty and the good service adds nicely to the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local restaurant in townyummytummyDined on 7/23/2014If you live in Duluth, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, this is the must-try restaurant. Sugo is by far one of my favorite restaurant even combined with those fancy restaurants in Buckhead, Downtown, Midtown, etc. If you live near by and have a special occassion, no need to drive down to the city to get great food with great service. Their flatbreads are great to start off and the most of their pastas are on point. Sugo has a sister restaurant to try in Downtown Decatur, Iberian Pig, which is a must try as well, especially if you are a foodie. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experiencewalkerDined on 7/22/2014Everyone raved about the dinner we had at Sugo. The service was grand and the owners are always present and drop by the tables to ensure your dinner is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected much moreSrobertDined on 7/21/2014Having fallen in love with the Iberian Pig, I looked forward to trying another restaurant by the same family. Sugo's was a Big disappointment. The waitress didn't know the menu or the drinks and the timing of service was poor. She was clearly new. The food was too heavy on creamy sauces for my tastes.
- Save room for dessertVickiDined on 7/19/2014Although we live close by, we visited this restaurant for the first time in years recently. The food was unique and the staff is enthusiastic about their offering. The atmosphere is wonderful. But best of all, dessert! Their pastry chef is amazing, and the carrot zucchini cake was the best dessert I've ever eaten. Honestly! Please enjoy this gem of a restaurant tucked in such a quiet little corner that all but those "in the know" might miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch out for soda refill chargenew33Dined on 7/18/2014disappointed to find out after I received my bill that I was charged for soda refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday OutingWaynesworldDined on 7/16/2014When the Owner and the Head of Hospitality is actively involved in making your visit special, you know you have hit the jackpot. Great location, easy to park, privacy enough, and fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GypsygirlDined on 7/12/2014The personal service by the owner was outstanding and his description of the specials. The homemade pasta was the best I've ever had. The meatballs melted in your mouth. A culinary orgasm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated a special night!AnniversaryDinnerDined on 7/11/2014The food and service at Sugo's remain top notch and everyone in our party had a wonderful dinner. We celebrated yet another anniversary at Sugo's and found that they continue to maintain high standards with a great mix of Greek and Italian dishes. The evening ended with a wonderful dessert that was a blend of baklava and cheesecake that was more than enough to share. Thank you Mr C. for continuing to impress us; we will be back soon! If you live in or near Johns Creek be sure to take advantage of this neighborhood gem on a regular basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant at moderate pricingthepolarbearDined on 7/5/2014Great for birthday and anniversary celebrations. Sign up and get a free dinner coupon on those special days. Elegant dining, very nice staff on hand, romantic atmosphere, family owned, moderately priced, we always come back.Special Features:
- Great food on the 4th of July!dawnVIPDined on 7/4/2014So glad I didn't have to cook before the fireworks started - I let Sugo do it! Special menu option was super affordable and just the right amount of food. 3 options for the first course (salad/appetizer), 3 options for 2nd course (main dish) and the entire dessert menu to choose from for dessert. All for $17.76. Hard to beat that price for such gourmet food. Loved it as always.Special Features: