Suga's Deep South Cuisine
461 Bowie Street
Beaumont, TX 77701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Suga's Deep South Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugasdeepsouth.com/
- Phone: 4098131808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00p; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Frank Pannitti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Suga's is the perfect place to host your next event. There has never been a more appropriate venue in historic downtown beaumont to host family, friends, holiday parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, business conferences, birthdays & anniversary celebrations, and much more. We will do our best to make you happy. See our website for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Krysta Jones 4098131808
- Entertainment: Suga's has s jazz bar upstairs that features live entertainment most weekends. Checkout our website for listings.
A word from Suga's Deep South Cuisine
Suga's Deep South Cuisine& Jazz Bar in Historic Downtown Beaumont is the place to be for good food, good music, good friends and good times. Suga's has two floors of great atmosphere and elegant decor-a State of Texas historical treasure-and the perfect place for a get-to-gather with friends, or an intimate dinner for two. Dine downstairs, or enjoy soulful live music in the jazz bar upstairs. Suga's is the sweetest hot spot in town!!! www.sugasdeepsouth.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Suga's Deep South Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Incredible not to missLaceyVIPDined on 12/31/2013The food was melt in your mouth awesome. According to my husband the bisque was perfect. The music incredible Kay is a gem and Scotty's band great ,as we traveled in from Denver it was awesome to know they were a MO band they are closer to us we maybe fortunate enough to see them here. I would highly recommend eating here and if we make it back to Beaumont will not miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Habit Forming?SuzAfroTexDined on 12/8/2013We'll see. I've only been for brunch. Welcoming hoststaff. Waitstaff was beyond helpful without hovering (this is an art). And, what is more, execllent shrimp & grits. Several more menu items to try so I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodfunDined on 12/6/2013The food was outstanding. One of Beaumont's best kept secrets. Would go back , no question. Had some very unique dishes and delicious sides. Moderate prices for some great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!!!!!tanmanDined on 11/22/2013My lady and i totally enjoyed our dining experience! The food,service,and atmosphere was simply Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time to change the brunch menuRobinDined on 11/3/2013We dine frequently at the restaurant for Sunday brunch and would find it refreshing to have different menu selections or Perhaps a Sunday special or special brunch item of the day that is not on the menu. We make our reservations through OpenTable and felt discouraged by not having our reservation checked in. This occur acne Makes me wonder how many points we have not received that are due to us because of poor staff performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, but...tctcDined on 11/2/2013I ordered a seafood platter and I've had much better in local mom-and-pop kitchen table joints. My friend's steak was over-cooked. The server had to return to our table three times because she'd forgotten the answers to questions she'd asked. The ambiance was very good; however, the live music was a bit too loud, making conversation difficult. I really wanted to like this place, but left disappointed.
- Cajun Cuisine with ClassItzaroosDined on 10/31/2013We brought my in-laws from Northern California to Suga's, one of our favorite finds since moving here. The menu is creative and varied, with a cajun, southern flair that doesn't involve battering and frying all the food - although that too is an option for those who like it that way! We each had an entree: Crab Stuffed Tilapia, Blackened Red-Fish with Sweet Potato Scales and a Suga's Crab Cake, a pork chop dish, and a steak a la cart. The men didn't leave a bite on their plate, and the women took the leftovers home for a treat the next day. The waitress was personable and professional, and kept things moving at the right pace. We will be back, next time on a weekend to enjoy the music, and next summer to sit on the gorgeous patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic date night with my husbandMcranchoDined on 10/19/2013Suga's is a beautiful place with ambience...and to enjoy amazing food with special southern hospitality!! We love to go alone for a romantic dinner with great jazz blues music on saxophone or piano! We also take our very large family for special get togethers...and our number one spot for Sunday brunch after church...we always receive first class service..the menu is a southern delight with a flare of Louisiana spices!! The owner was kind enough to introduce herself and invite us to another event!! Truly a friendly, warm and classy lady with a wonderful restaurant that Beaumont can take pride in ...pull up their website to see all that Suga's has to offer!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PiotrPiotrDined on 9/30/2013Really enjoyed the entire experience. Great place to eat and have beer or twoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRoseDined on 9/27/2013Great meal with great service. illy coffee is outstanding end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DateDavisCoupleDined on 9/25/2013My husband and I were celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary. Due to the demands of family and careers, it was difficult for us to escape out of town. I decided that the next best thing would be a quiet dinner for two. I made reservations the day of our anniversary and requested a booth with candles. When we arrived shortly after 8 pm, we were escorted to our booth, with a candle lit and rose petals laid out on the table. We enjoyed a delicious meal (Tilapia for me and Red Snapper for him), gumbo and a house salad as appetizers (the gumbo alone could have been a meal) and scrumptious caramel pecan cheesecake. Additionally, because it was a weekday, the restaurant was very quiet. The soft music in the background played 'just for us'!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townLaurenDined on 9/25/2013Suga's has the best food in Beaumont. I keep going back for the grilled pork chops with crawfish cornbread and collard greens. Their gelato and drinks are also amazing. Take someone special to Suga's and your night will end well! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMariequeenbeeVIPDined on 9/21/2013We had a wonderful time! Lovely decor ....terrific artwork and warm colors ~ as if you're in someone's chic living room. A wonderful wine list bad assortment of cocktails ensure your taste buds are tantalized ...the menu is innovative Southern Cuisine and the choices are varied ~ from Red Snapper to Lamb Chops ..to Fried Green Tomatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, Friendly and FreshBird69Dined on 9/20/2013I have been a frequent flyer at Sugas for the past few months. I am completely satisfied with the environment, staff, food and entertainment. My friend drives in from Houston every two weeks and he is hooked. Sugas is a great spot for coupkes as well as family/groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013We've had several special dinners here and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine N ShineBlackAngusDined on 8/17/2013While this is not your everyday stop and grab a bite to eat place, it is definitely the place to to impress, caress and bless your guest (and self) with extraordinary ambience and cuisine that will set you above the rest! Be the talk of town guaranteed when your special occassion includes Suga's. The live Jazz music, candlelit dinner, and exceptional staff and service sets the bar. I recommend this venue to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place for anytimeGuillermoDined on 8/17/2013All that be said is OUTSTANDING in every area, a must go to place when in Beaumont. Just wish it was located closer to San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2013This is a great restaurant in downtown Beaumont. My wife and I went here for our Anniversary and were quite pleased. Dinner was fine, the food was really good. Service was excellent. It was not too crowded, but just right. Afterwards, we went upstairs to the bar where there was live music. A sax player from Houston was there and it was great. Dining gets you in with no cover. The drinks are good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed our night very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewTeacherDined on 8/16/2013Food - I enjoyed my tilapia and craw fish risotto, my husband did not enjoy his seafood platter. Service- The bartender was very sweet to come and offer us a drink while we waited for our table. Also, our bus boy was extremely helpful and attentive. If it wasn't for him, we would have sat without drinks for extended periods of time. Which leads to my biggest complaint of the night....the waiter. He was nice, but never around. We had to ask other staff members to get him for us several times. This is unacceptable in a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Frequently, I travel from Katy, Texas to Opelousas, Louisiana. Suga's is a great "rest stop" for me and whomever is traveling with me. Great service, great food, relaxing atmosphere. I just love Suga's!Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!!!!TooBlessed2BeStressedDined on 7/27/2013I've been here on 3 different occasions and each time I go I'm impressed. The food is so amazing that I always place a to go order so I can have Sugas the next day. It is definitely worth driving to Texas to experience such amazing food. I live in Louisiana and I love that this resturant has alot of cajun influence. I love and could listen to the jazz music that the different musicians play all day. I highly recommend this resturant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something newkrysDined on 7/27/2013I liked the gumbo and the crawfish risotto to die for and desert yumo praline cheesecake great I love the music the sax player had the place jamming my friend and I had funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I visited this restaurantlakecharlesvisitorDined on 7/27/2013I visited this restaurant to celebrate my birthday with my fiancee because I've heard wonderful things about it. I loved the restaurant, music, and enviroment, but my service was horrible, and my food came out wrong. It was brought back and re cooked and when it got back to me my sides were cold. The server we had was VERY inattentive! After driving from Lake Charles and paying the price we did I expected better. i have called to speak to a manager since the visit and I was told I would be contacted by one and I never was. I normally don't complain but I am highly upset about my service.Special Features:
- Our first visittanmanDined on 7/5/2013We loved our dining experience! The food was awesome, the music was very nice! From the front door staff to the server, all of the staff was very Nice to us. Also the waiter we had was new and he did a excellent job Waiting on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good! but...shelbyDined on 6/15/2013This place was great the food was amazing, fresh. The servants were very attentive, the music was great and the dessert... wow! However when I made reservations I specifically said that I would like a seat with a good view of the band. I called to confirmmy reservations and the person assured me that all seats were in good view of the band. But when we sat at our table were seated towards the back behind this large post and we were right next to the kitchen door so there was a lot of traffic and noise. That's the only down side, when you make reservations you expect to get what you want since you planned ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveling GourmandTravelingGourmandVIPDined on 6/8/2013We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Suga's with flower petals on our tablecloth and a beautiful taper candle adding to our special occasion. The crab cake appetizer with fried green tomatoes was so good ( yum). My husband's fried shrimp was lightly breaded and cooked to perfection and my pork chops were excellent. Plus our dessert was on the house. Kudos to Suga's Deep South Cuisine- a special treat in a town with few high quality restaurants. The musician was also very talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience over FoodCretiadollDined on 6/1/2013I found that the food was ok but the ambience was better. Being from Louisiana, it's hard to find good southern food that I can rave about. The romantic atmosphere and the staff were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in BeaumontFoodie4lifeDined on 5/25/2013My husband and I eat at Suga's often and love to bring family and friends to experience it. There is always great entertainment, the service is impeccable, and the food is, well, perfection. We are foodies are love to experience new cuisines. This is our definite go to locally. If you are looking for a different, more upscale southern cuisine, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencepubmanDined on 5/24/2013From the moment we walked in and until we left we treated like VIP's. the food was excellent and service was also excellent . I would recommend this fine establishment to anyone who wants a fine dinning experience with great hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzy romantic elegance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2013The food and service were excellent The live jazz band and singer were superb !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayCarolDined on 5/12/2013We were seated in the patio without being asked if this was okay. Had made reservations weeks before the event, though our arrival seemed less than anticipated. Our server, April, was outstanding. Would be nice if buffet could be accessed from either side of table. For the price, unlimited Mimosas or the like would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers' Day BrunchCarolDined on 5/12/2013Had made Open Table reservation well in advance and was called the day prior to confirm reservation. On arrival, hostess stated she would need to check to see if table available. After a 5 minute wait, we were escorted to the outside dining area where there was no special drink menu on the table as was the case with the indoor tables. The indoor dining room was not full. We were not asked if we preferred indoor or outdoor dining. Young children on the patio were cavorting about the planters and having frequent scolding by their elders. Food was good. Our server, April, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I pixked this one of the neOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013I pixked this one of the ne because it looked good. It blew me away.The presentation was great and the food was to die for. Try the lambs broth!Special Features:
- Awesome Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013This was my fiancé and my first time to dine here. It is, by far, our favorite restaurant in the Beaumont and surrounding areas. Our waitress was top notch. She knew the menu and suggested great items to eat. This is exactly what dining should Be!!!Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great...theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The atmosphere was great...the service was the best and the live music nice...the food was a big let down though.Special Features:
- Took my hubby there to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Took my hubby there to celebrate his birthday, it was so romantic! He loved it, the food, the Ambience was just great!Special Features:
- Don't Go Late To Suga'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013After the show at the Rodgers Theater let out late we decided to Suga's for dinner. We did not know that the closing time was 11:00 pm. We arrived at about 10:50 and our appointment was at 10:30 pm and we were still accepted. The attending waiter tried to be nice, but seemed to have to be somewhere and was short of rolling his eyes, when I couldn't decide on my beverage. The design and decorations were nice and jazzy. I enjoyed the semi-dark room, and the tables had nice setting with candles. The waiter left a short time later and the bartender waited on us instead. My wife's order was good and my gumbo was really good. The drinks were also good, but we felt bad for making the workers stay late so we left a little time later.Special Features:
- Thanks to the servers andflyfishDined on 3/3/2013Thanks to the servers and staff, your hospitality made my mother's 77th birthday wonderful. Visited the restaurant the night before for happy hour, had a great time. Bartender was professional and displayed outstanding customer service.Special Features:
- A great way to finish the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013My wife had a crab-stuffed fish with a risotto side and I had a filet with peppercorn sauce. Both were exceptionally tasty. Add in the live music, it made for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Going Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013I loved my experience at Suga's. The wait staff were unsurpassed. Friendly and at your service. I will be back. The food was delicious!Special Features: