SUGARCANE raw bar grill
3252 North East First Avenue
Miami, FL 33137Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
SUGARCANE raw bar grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sugarcanerawbargrill.com/
- Phone: 7863690353
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:30am - 12:00am, Thursday 11:30am - 1:00am, Friday -Saturday 11:30am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, South American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Timon Balloo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
Featuring our delicious snacks, tapas, raw bar items & sushi rolls for $3-$7, signature cocktails for $7 and pitchers of beer $25, sangria $25, & mojitos $35. Available Monday-Friday from 4pm-7pm.
Join us every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am - 4:30pm to enjoy brunch specials, including Duck and Waffles, Truffled Toad in the Hole and Steak 'n' Eggs Benedict in addition to our list of specialty cocktails!
A word from SUGARCANE raw bar grill
Located in the heart of Miami’s emerging Midtown district, SUGARCANE raw bar grill is inspired by international influences and South American spirit. Three distinct kitchens: robata, hot and raw bar unite for a fresh take on tradition and a unique culmination of flavor. Embarking on quest for the simple pleasures of life: eating well, kicking back and celebrating with friends – the concept focuses on a ‘shared experience’ through its menu by Executive Chef & Partner Timon Balloo, featuring eclectic small plates, artisanal cocktails, an extensive rum selection and imported beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SUGARCANE raw bar grill reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (45)good for groups (38)hot spot (35)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (24)special occasion (21)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (20)romantic (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Eclectic - Delicious!LiebeVIPDined on 10/19/2014We always enjoy our meals at Sugarcane. The menu offers a really wide variety of flavorful and creative options. It's a lot of fun to share several different little plates, though it's also easy to find full entrees. The crowd is equally interesting. Sugarcane seems to attract a creative and eclectic group of guests. The servers are perfectly selected to match the menu and the guests. A few tips: brussels sprouts in sweet orange soy are a MUST; grilled corn with lime aioli is tasty; red velvet pancakes with whipped cream and berries looked really tempting.Special Features:
- So delicious!SarseanDined on 10/12/2014The food was amazing and the "Spicy Love" drink was like nothing I've ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return but not really impressedJCCHKVIPDined on 10/12/2014Tables for two are in off pitch locations. Service friendly but not that quick. Star Bramble cocktail not remarkable and overpriced. As is general bar list. Small plates means very small sometimes. $4-5 tuna per mouthful starting to seem like taking the pxxx. Quite tasty Brussels good choice. Bacon wrapped date rolls interesting and quite substantial. Overall $150+ for light dinner for two not bad but quite pricey!
- Good tapas... but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Good restaurant, delicious food, nice service and ambiance; but think twice if you are planning to order tapas. They are very very tiny, so you end up leaving hungry... or broke, because they are very expensive considering the portion size.Special Features:
- Good show...VFRMarineDined on 10/5/2014But not spectacular. Maybe all the comments heard from friends oversold Sugarcane's reputation. The food was good, though not something we would rave about. The beef carpaccio could have been sliced by Paulie from Goodfellas and its flavor suffered. The Brussel sprouts were not fully cooked. The wagyu sliders are excellent! We also enjoyed the roasted sweet potatoes. Unfortunately, our waters were not refreshed in a timely manner. We might go back in the future though it's not necessarily on our list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here.HaMoJoVIPDined on 9/28/2014Went with my clients! They loved it and we had a great lunch.Special Features:
- Very Good!!!NorarobertDined on 9/15/2014Through the years keep the food quality. Very good service!! Excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great selection of tapas. Portions are more than fair for two people. Everyone must try the croquettes!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!Ileana729Dined on 9/14/2014Just remember the following for a Sunday brunch: Goat Cheese Croquettes, Bacon wrapped Dates, Truffled Toad in the Hole, but most of all- Duck & Waffles. It is SO SO SO GOOD!!!! And for the perfect refreshing drink- go for the Blood Orange. I swear, you'll drink like 4 or 5 of them. This place never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second dining experience.LuciaDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on Sept. 5, 2014. Even though some of the 9 dishes we shared are quite small (tapas) which is no surprise as we knew from a previous visit, the prices are fair. The outstanding tastes and freshness of each dish is truly amazing. You must savor each mouthful. To name a few we enjoyed were bacon wrapped dates, salmon gravlaks (a Scandinavian dish I love after living in Denmark for half my life), goat cheese croquettes, crispy pork belly and veal sweet breads are recommended. Carlos M. our server was also great. Indoors on a Friday night was noisy but we sat outdoors and with a slight breeze we were comfortable and able to converse. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Divino y agradableAndreazpDined on 9/4/2014Muy rico y buenos precios! Agradable ambiente y comida muy rica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Get LostOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/4/2014Don't make the mistake that I did of relying upon the iPhone maps app integrated into open table to give you accurate driving directions. If you do, then you will end up on NW 1nd Avenue rather than NE 1st AvenueI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in MiamiNycpalateVIPDined on 8/30/2014While visiting Miami few times a year from NYC it has been a challenge to find a decent restaurant. If tried many and food has been OK but never had the urge to return. This is different with Sugarcaine, I now have a Restaurant that am looking forward to eat again in my next visit here. food, service, ambiance and decor top notch. I will try there sister Restaurant as well Bocce Bar. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food and service were excellent. This was our second trip and it was rather warm inside on both occasions (day and night). The ceiling fans fans have accumulated a lot of dust and because they are angled it is easy to see. Otherwise this is a great place and the tapas experience is a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Deliciousr2d2dlgDined on 8/13/2014Me and my girlfriend had a great time. The octopus we ordered was one of the best I've had in my life, and the rest of the food was superb. The drinks took too long, but the mojitos were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedclosetfoodieDined on 8/12/2014I've never considered myself a foodie by any stretch of the imagination, but my girlfriend and I each ordered 3 course meals of different varieties, and I enjoyed every one. The food was delicious and well presented. The drink I had, a Rum n Bramble, was the most delicious concoction I've ever imbibed! My only complaint about the whole experience was that the service was over attentive. They were all very positive and courteous, but twice I had someone try to remove my plate before I had finished eating. Overall, I was very pleased, and I would recommend it to a friend. In fact I already have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant for romantic dateLys10Dined on 8/10/2014I went to the restaurant, because my sister had visited in March and recommended it. I was actually very happy that I followed her recommendation. The food was incredible and our waiter was very nice and gave his recommendations for drinks and tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter thinks food is "awesome"YummyVIPDined on 8/10/2014This is one of those overly loud spots that emphasizes salty, sugary and fatty notes. In other words, the type of spot that draws young adults who pursue big Flavors that are "amaze balls." For such a spot, it is pretty good, but for me ... well, I'm not going out of my way to return anytime soon. My preferences are toward subtle touches. This spot is not subtle in any way.Special Features:
- Super recommendedGourmetVIPDined on 8/9/2014Delicious original food. Super environment. Good energy. Outstanding service. Highly recommended. Very unique place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingly deliciousfood4thoughtDined on 8/8/2014Sampled six plates. They were so good and we were very full but we ordered two more plates plus dessert. Our drinks were freshly made and tasted wonderful. The ambience is delightful and the staff very friendly and helpful. We are already planning our next visit. Only complaint I have is the parking there is noneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The joint is jumpin'!PatsDined on 8/7/2014The food in this place is consistently good. Small plates, very tasty, very noisy and fun. Not a place for a romantic date but definitely a place to go with friends and have a good time while tasting various dishes expertly prepared. Somewhat expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Love itKatsinthehatVIPDined on 8/4/2014Food is awesome. I recommend mostly the hot dishes. Different dishes very tasty and delicious. It's a must go. Loved the wrapped dates, beef ribs, grilled scallops, croquettes, chicken albondigas. There is a drink that I like there the raspberry with balsamic vinegar don't remember the name. Great one. Out server Juan Carlos was great. The dishes are tapa style to share. Minimum most order 2 per person and the torregas dessert is to Die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014One of (if not the one) my favorite restaurants I've discovered in Miami. The food is simply incredible!Special Features:
- Consistent GemcrbarrDined on 8/4/2014Been coming here over four years now whenever we visit Miami - tapas are spectacularly good, service friendly and attentive, great vibe, awesome cocktails. Love it!Special Features:
- Umbelievable tapasMGDMTLDined on 7/28/2014Start off with a stunning garden essence at the bar (it's a gin cocktail) it's like walking thru a farmers market .....then Bone marrow, yellow tail sashimi, bacon wrapped dates, Korean short ribs.....etc Outstanding . Always on My list when I come to miami. Definitely best resto in Miami . Ohh ya don't for get the apple dessert, it's like a redo on pain perdu , ridiculous!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service!KellyKDined on 7/27/2014Brunch menu is a mix of comfort & flare. The sharing plates are perfect for a group or enjoy alone. Our server gave us the inside scoop on the best drinks & food to choose. Only downfall to our dining experience was the door was left open leaving us sweating in our drinks. Next time we'll ask for a seat away from the entrance or come back in the cooler months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FeetfrstDined on 7/12/2014Excellant food and service, had our best meal Saturday eve !!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great !FoodLover1VIPDined on 7/7/2014We have been going to sugar cane in mid town, Dapur Asian Tapas and Lounge in Fort Lauderdale and zuma , all of those are our must to go restaurants. Unique food, wonderful ambulance and always great service. This time we were a bit dispointed with the service. Our waitress was only there to take the order, lack of personality, and never check if everything was fine or if we wanted to order more drinks. The food and the drinks were wonderful, only the service. We will be back for everything else but not for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The service was wonderful, my server was Monica and the bus boy was very attentive. Although the menu was different , the taste was lacking. I give this place three stars for taste(flavors were bland and not distinguishing except for the goat cheese croquettes). I give four stars for service because Monica got tied up in a meeting so its not her fault but management.Special Features:
- Happening PlaceSeafoodVIPDined on 7/1/2014Sugarcane continues to be the Miami Midtown best restaurant with a great combination of food, service and ambiance. Great for sharing as most plates are tapas style. Always get the food fresh out as its serve as they are ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGYESSYDined on 6/29/2014The food and service was very good, however, I felt it was a bit deserted for it being a Sunday at 12 p.m. Thought it would be more alive for brunch.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!KimmyDined on 6/28/2014This was my second time at Sugarcane. Brought 2 friends from out of town. They fell in love with it. Everything about it is fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 637 reviews are from the SUGARCANE raw bar grill reviews archive.
- Never DisappointedDocFood4LifeDined on 6/22/2014This is my second time coming to Sugarcane, and once again, I wasn't disappointed. I came for Brunch this time and started off with the roasted cauliflower soup which was rich without being too heavy, followed by salmon gravlox, which was delectable with the right amount of texture with the crunch, could have ate it without soy sauce, and with a side of grilled sunchokes, which had a palette pleasing curry cream. I would definitely revisit Sugarcane for a third time and try the desserts. Always a great atmosphere; kid friendly without making it seem like a Cheesecake Factory.Special Features:
- As every weekRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 6/12/2014I try to visit Sugarcane every 2 weeks to try new and different plates. Services it's ok, but they have room for been better. Food was good, but I would like to see more special plates in order to continuing my visit constantly looking for more.Special Features:
- WonderfulruthDined on 6/8/2014A fun, open air feel. Attentive and friendly service. Tasty tapas. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas intl menuNycartsDined on 6/3/2014Small plates of well prepared, diverse dishes. Sushi plus grilled offerings. Mussels were fresh but broth I edible due to salt content. Attentive staff. Expensive but a treat.Special Features:
- Sugarcane a gastronomic experienceMCellaHDined on 6/1/2014Highly recommend this restaurant! Went there for dinner June 1st,2014. The Tapas and Robata Grill menus are extensive and generous, to share! The food is tantalizing and delectable!! The cocktails creative! Try the"Spice of Love" cocktail which is pureed passion fruit with mango essence,vodka and fresh infused Jalapeño! Smashing!!! Love the ambiance, the vibes and the Caribbean/Latin rhythms!! We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazed ... AGAIN !!TheRobinsonsDined on 5/29/2014We hit South Beach yearly, and visit the usual top rated haunts to eat ... Last year we stumbled upon Sugarcane after a friends recommendation and loved it (two couples). This year we visited again (this time with our daughter). The atmosphere is vibrant and energetic, the staff/service is prompt, humorous and friendly ... But, the food ... The food is exceptional !! Dates wrapped in bacon are our personal favourite (it shouldn't work - but does !). Notably, the sushi and sashimi are exquisitely fresh and flavoursome and the duck egg with duck and waffle is a strange but fantastic mixture of textures and tastes ! Looking forward to next years visit !! ... From Manchester, UK.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantnesvillalobosDined on 5/27/2014This is absolutely one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. Don't forget to order the bacon wrapped dates and the beef carpaccio. Both are excellent.Special Features:
- Simply wonderfulDJ123Dined on 5/22/2014This is a must go to spot! The food, the service, and the ambience is perfect for a special day or a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.