101 Pratt Street
Longmont, CO 80501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugarbeetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 651-3330
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Seth Witherspoon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate a private event for a variety of group sizes from ten guests to seventy guests in one of our two dining rooms
- Private Party Contact: Justine Witherspoon 7206847890
A word from Sugarbeet
Our locally owned restaurant offers a refreshing collection of Seasonal American Cuisine in an intimate and contemporary setting. Our seasonally changing menu emphasizes Owner/ Chef Seth Witherspoon’s creativity and his passion for using the freshest ingredients possible. In addition to supporting local growers and ranchers, we grow our own produce! Join us for a memorable evening of delicious food with friends. In addition to our warm and inviting dining rooms, we have outdoor seating on our patios when weather permits. We can accommodate your next group function and can help you with a personalized menu for your event. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sugarbeet - Best Restaurants in Longmont ›
Sugarbeet reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)special occasion (57)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (24)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fabulous!MargiDined on 11/23/2014My husband and I went to Sugarbeet for the first time for our 35th wedding anniversary. The price was fair, service attentive, the food excellent, and the ambiance conducive to private conversation. We will definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugarbeet continues to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014My second experience of The SugarBeet was another winner. The food was as delicious and fresh as it was visually stunning. Highly recommended for foodies, romantic dates, and those just wanting to celebrate a special personal occasion with a dinner to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/22/2014Sugerbeet is our go to place for a special meal for several years now. The portion sizes are reasonable and the food is always delicious. The use of seasonal fresh ingredients is always a treat. Friendly wait staff makes it a very pleasant experience. A bit noisy, being in a converted warehouse building, but the planned remodel should deal with that. Anxious to go back after the remodel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .First BiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014We went for First Bite and the menu was quite nice. I could have eaten a tub of the pork posole. We would have ranked the ambiance higher but we were in the small room to the left as you walk in. It's just not as interesting as the main room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local gemPSmurfVIPDined on 11/14/2014Haven't been here for a number of years, but it is every bit as good as we remembered. The selections are varied, creative and interesting, with attractive presentations--all high quality. Service was friendly, attentive and professional. Wonderful wine list as well. Overall, a fine restaurant. We won't wait so long to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Boulder CountyHughJorganDined on 11/7/2014I've loved this restaurant since it first opened and it still maintains its high standards today. Locally sourced, seasonal ingredients; an inspired menu with plenty of gluten free options; and top-notch service every time I go--without feeling stuffy. Bravo, Sugarbeet!Special Features:
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014The food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. Waiter was knowledgeable regarding the menu and friendly.Special Features:
- Sugarbeet must-doOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014I'm not really one to take the time to write reviews, but Sugarbeet exceeded our expectations, and I felt it only appropriate to share with those interested. We went with a party of five for a best friend's birthday - we'd never been, and hadn't heard much at all about the somewhat obscurely-located restaurant. SO glad we went, and will absolutely be going back. Ambiance is fantastic, our server was funny and knew how to offer a good recommendation, the owner took the time to see how we were, and the food was just excellent. And, Sugarbeet is one of those restaurants that, if you leave hungry, it's your own fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- potterdocDined on 10/23/2014Celebrated a birthday with our adult children. Awesome service by Lance! Great meal as always. Interesting menu and drink selections. Great evening!!!Special Features:
- Not worth itiDine303Dined on 10/17/2014I suggested this restaurant for a family occasion. I had the scallops special. The scallops were cooked nicely and the sauce was good but the broccolini was so bitter I couldn't eat it and the fennel was so tough I had to borrow my husband's steak knife to cut it and it was just as tough to chew. Other people at the table said they liked their food when I asked them but no one raved about it and the presentations looked bland and unimpressive. The server was indifferent, not bad, but not good. She did nothing at all for my mom's birthday. For the prices I expect more.
- Birthday dinner less than perfectjoansopinionDined on 10/17/2014We wanted to dine early (4:15) and then move on to enjoy balance of a birthday evening. Food was delicious, but it seemed because we were early, some food was undercooked. Potatoes au gratin were crunchy, as were some other vegetables. When we brought to the server's attention, we were told the chef prepared them "al dente". Sorry, they were crunchy/raw, I love al dente and these weren't that. Seems were penalized for being too early (the vegetables would be perfect at prime dining time, 6-7 PM, if left to cook slowly). Please don't advertise the restaurant is open if the food isn't going to be done for another hour or so. Everything that was done was done extremely well and delicious. Food was only given 3 stars due to raw vegs.Special Features:
- Mid-Week LookOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Consistently creative dishes and presented well. The menu is somewhat limited (usually a good thing) and the pairings between a meat and the vegetables does not always work well.Special Features:
- Great Longmont Foodie SpotNenachanDined on 10/12/2014Great place for foodies in the Longmont area. Service, food and drinks all wonderful. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Romantic DinnertomgrakatDined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent and the seafood was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food but loud environmentCelebrating2Dined on 10/10/2014We went to Sugarbeet to celebrate our anniversary. Nearby tables were so loud that it left the experience lacking. The eclectic food and service was excellent was excellent however.Special Features:
- overall very goodmichigan13Dined on 10/10/2014The salmon bruschetta was so-so Bruschetta is better without seafood so this was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Favorite restaurantbruceDined on 10/7/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Longmont and is great for casual dining in addition to a treat for special occasions.Special Features:
- Fantastic First ExperienceNenachanDined on 10/5/2014We had a great experience at Sugarbeet for our first time. The appetizer selection was awesome, especially due to their daily specials which added another 5-6 choices. The app portions were HUGE and delicious. We tried a couple house martinis: Wonder Dog and the Big Chill, both were fantastic! Entrees were equally amazing and did not disappoint. Steak was perfect and melt-in-your-mouth and the shrimp risotto was huge and tasty. Then, for dessert, the peanut butter chocolate pie.. O..M..G! Great first time out and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014We keep asking ourselves why don't we go to Sugarbeet more often. The only answer we could muster with was: shame on us! Food and service were excellent. Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:
- Good food but noisyFrequentLongmontDinerDined on 10/4/2014Food was very good, and this is one of the top spots in Longmont. Service was attentive, but server was unable to divide up the check for our party of one couple and two singles, so we had to study the one receipt and do our own arithmetic, which was a bit annoying and awkward. (Individuals did not order comparably priced meals, so we did not want to just divide the check evenly.) Despite dining early (5:30 reservation on a Saturday), the restaurant was nearly full and noisy, so one had to lean forward to hear the person across the table. Rest rooms are one-at-a-time, which meant a wait when we were ready to leave for our subsequent engagement of the evening. Sorry, I will not return soon.Special Features:
- Great return visit...ccdude53Dined on 9/27/2014It has been a while since my last visit. Great to know this enjoyable restaurant still provides a very nice evening!Special Features:
- Plesant dinnerCorayDined on 9/26/2014We had dinner with another couple and enjoyed the food and service. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Great tenderloinSuproVIPDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food. My medium rare tenderloin was very tender. My wife enjoyed her meal, as well. I found the decor rather drab. I felt like the room could be converted to a convenience store, factory, or motorcycle repair shop in a day. That being said, my wife thought the art work was nice, and enjoyed the way it was decorated. I would go back. Friendly knowledgeable wait staff.Special Features:
- 1st TimeBonnieFromHawaiiDined on 9/6/2014My cousin and I had really enjoyed our first dinner at Sugar Beet, and we will definitely return. It is a beautiful restaurant with great space between tables. The food was outstanding, and we can't wait to try more items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NighttransplantedfoodieDined on 9/6/2014We went to Sugarbeet for a weekend date night. After listening to the specials, we started with a fantastic fried wonton with mushrooms and oyster appetizer. It was on special and we were glad to take advantage. My wife and I each selected meals that sounded interesting from the menu. While they sounded interesting, they were even better than anticipated. I can easily recommend Sugarbeet for their quality of food and a good night out. We were prepared to pay above our normal resources for excellent food - and that is what we got. While a bit spendy, the quality of food met the price. I would not suggest taking a group.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience ding at Sugarbeet-we were pleasantly surprised. The service and food were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!katkcDined on 9/2/2014This is the best restaurant I've found in Longmont. The food is fresh and delicious, the ambience delightful, the service excellent. Went with my adult kids and infant grandson and we all loved it!Special Features:
- Not Quite Up to ParfoxycleoDined on 8/30/2014We've eaten at Sugar Beet many times and enjoyed the unique fresh food and recipes. Service was always good. This time, we had to remind our waiter about our drink order and when the food didn't arrive for quite awhile, my husband went to find the waiter and found our food as well - under heat lamps at the bar. Maybe it was the holiday weekend; not many diners? Whatever, we could not find any reason for the poor service. Two of the party ordered the special - but they were out of it at 7:30. Disappointing visit.Special Features:
- RichardDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful, innovative food and fantastic service all around. Highly recommended to people who care about food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedWilhelmDined on 8/19/2014The salads were exceptional - colorful and flavorful. The main course was exquisite. My wife had salmon, I had fillet with peppercorns and I was delighted at the presentation and taste. Best we've had in a long time. The waiter, Travis, certainly knows his craft. He didn't hover but seemed to always show up at the right times. The blood orange margaritas were tasty if a bit "light". The place is certainly well done in a fairly contemporary style. Just what we like. In all a most impressive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now my favorite restaurantbirdmanDined on 8/17/2014The food was fresh and superbly prepared so that it stood out from any usual restaurant fare. The owners go to the farmers market regularly to hand select the food. Couldn't have been better. Great service from TravisSpecial Features:
- A Great NightbartsDined on 8/16/2014We had a great experience. We enjoyed the wonderful food - appetizer (fritters), salad (arugula), main course (salmon and ahi tuna) and desert (key lime pie) - and drinks (fantastic margarita), and very good service as well. A gem in Longmont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Reason to Get Dressed UpLongmontChrisDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I recently dined at Sugarbeet on "date night". We split the kale salad and grilled peach appetizer, and both were very good. She had the Grilled Prime Tri Tip, and I had a Scallop special which was fantastic. My wife's only complaint about hers was that the salsa was a bit to spicy for her, so she ate her steak without it, and therefore it was a little bland. Still the steak was cooked perfectly, and was exactly as advertised, just a little too much kick for her taste buds. We both had glasses of wine which were very tasty, and completed the meal with a slice of Key Lime Pie, which was excellent. All in all, a fantastic meal and experience. Well worth getting dressed up for!Special Features:
- Ordered medium rare got well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Ordered medium rare tri-tip steak. Received medium well done which was dried out and tough. Flavor was good but the cook ruined a good piece of meat by overcooking it. Waiter apologized but offered no amends. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Witherspoons Rock ItLisaHVIPDined on 8/3/2014You can never go wrong with a meal at Sugarbeet. The more people you go with, the better it is, so that you can try more entrees!Special Features:
- The following 741 reviews are from the Sugarbeet reviews archive.
- Excellent but loud!enjoymentDined on 7/27/2014Sugar Beet has an outstanding menu with excellently prepared items and all very tasteful. The Field Greens and the Tuscan Kale were outstanding. The service is European style with no one stopping at your table every two minutes to see if "it is alright"! Yet the service was always attentive and the response when needed was immediate. The environment was cozy, and well done, but the noise level was above enjoyment, very distracting. Overall is was a good experience, with less noise it would have been a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionsthewilsonsDined on 7/26/2014We love dining at Sugarbeet for special occasions. We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries holidays here and it never disappoints. When we bring our two children they are happy to accommodate the kids with entrees such as shrimp skewers or pasta with butter sauce, however this is more appropriate for adult dining and they do not offer a kid's menu. I have tried martinis from many venues and did not like them until I tried the watermelon mango martini...it was delicious! We enjoyed great service and a wonderful dining atmosphere. Sugarbeet is our favorite restaurant in Longmont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant and great serviceThiaDined on 7/25/2014I had the smoked salmon bruscetta with mionced hard boiled egg, trout row and watercress aioli..great flavors and texture. Salads were delicious as was the clams on half.Special Features:
- Great food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014The filet mignonette was melt in your mouth delicious. My husband had the seared ahi which was fantastic. They also accommodated a food restriction for me very easily! Our only gripe was tiny - our server put the entree in at the same time as the salad so the two courses came out together. It's never happened before and it aWont stop us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beReedbDined on 7/16/2014This used to be a 5-star restaurant, always leaving us wanting to come back again. The last two times we ate here, we could not help but notice that the food went from outstanding to competent; still good but certainly nothing exceptional, and nothing that we would look forward to ordering again. And the prices went up a lot. Entrees alone are now +/ - $30. The by-the-glass Cab was pretty uninspiring, especially considering how many great wine values there are out there now. I found myself wondering if management had changed or the chef/owner had moved on. If you haven't been there in a while, do curb your expectations. At one time this was our favorite restaurant in the area, and that has certainly changed for us.Special Features: