101 Pratt Street
Longmont, CO 80501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugarbeetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 303-651-3330
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Seth Witherspoon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate a private event for a variety of group sizes from ten guests to seventy guests in one of our two dining rooms
- Private Party Contact: Justine Witherspoon 7206847890
A word from Sugarbeet
Our locally owned restaurant offers a refreshing collection of Seasonal American Cuisine in an intimate and contemporary setting. Our seasonally changing menu emphasizes Owner/ Chef Seth Witherspoon’s creativity and his passion for using the freshest ingredients possible. In addition to supporting local growers and ranchers, we grow our own produce! Join us for a memorable evening of delicious food with friends. In addition to our warm and inviting dining rooms, we have outdoor seating on our patios when weather permits. We can accommodate your next group function and can help you with a personalized menu for your event. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sugarbeet - Best Restaurants in Longmont ›
Sugarbeet reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (44)notable wine list (27)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not what it used to beReedbDined on 7/16/2014This used to be a 5-star restaurant, always leaving us wanting to come back again. The last two times we ate here, we could not help but notice that the food went from outstanding to competent; still good but certainly nothing exceptional, and nothing that we would look forward to ordering again. And the prices went up a lot. Entrees alone are now +/ - $30. The by-the-glass Cab was pretty uninspiring, especially considering how many great wine values there are out there now. I found myself wondering if management had changed or the chef/owner had moved on. If you haven't been there in a while, do curb your expectations. At one time this was our favorite restaurant in the area, and that has certainly changed for us.Special Features:
- Still AwesomeBrouigu1VIPDined on 7/13/2014We have dined several times and always enjoy coming back. The service is excellent and the food is always great. Unique items as well as everyday entree's that are made a little more special. Decent wine list but would love to see a little more variety in both New World and Old World wines but you can always select a good bottle to pair with dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I had the Cornish game hen which was okay/good. Potatoes were more like the size of pearl onions. All in all good. Another meal was the ribs which looked and reported as excellent. Probably not tradition, however, still would be nice to give some little consideration to a birthday celebration of some sort. Just an idea. I enjoy sitting at the bar more than a table to be in the mix of things. Thanks for asking. P.S. Our wait person did bring he wrong dessert but quickly replaced it once the error was caught.Special Features:
- another lovely mealswoopDined on 7/11/2014THis will be our third time here. We always have very nice dinners here. My only comments are that most of the portions are so big, it would be easy to split them. We ended up taking almost half of our dinners home. For some reason this time, the meal seemed to be lacking some of the 'specialness' that we have had our other times...not too much - but - just a little. Maybe this was just an off night.Special Features:
- friendly service, yummy foodsonibrocDined on 7/10/2014We really like the service, food and wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew in Longmont...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014I wanted a half way point between FoCo and Boulder to meet daughter-30 min from FoCo. ---great spot, will be back. Loved the different items, huge portions, and fun vibe. Great combinations in the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burnt SteakDisappointedDined on 7/3/2014My $40 steak was charred and the excuse was the other cook left early to watch fireworks, not cool. We ate half because we had no choice, they only offered to take half off the steak price.
- Anniversary /BirthdaytommysusieDined on 6/28/20141st time customers. From the moment we stepped in, we were treated with respect, gracious hostess and manager made us feel like they were GLAD we came, were given choice of inside or outside dining. Food was excellent, specials were varied and well explained, portions were plentiful (usually never take home leftovers but did this time). Waitress (Elissa) was MARVELOUS!! There when you needed her, did not hover, good wine paring, everything was great with the exception of the noise level. Too many hard surfaces for noise to bounce off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisittileguyDined on 6/28/2014I went back a second time based on the great experience I had the first. This time, however, the noise level was terrible. You had to nearly shout to be heard accross the table. Additionally the restaurant was very warm, to the point of being uncomfortable, perhaps partly due to the full house that night. The big disappointment was the food. We both had the evening special, yellow tail tuna. I specifically asked if it would be sushi rare and was assured by the staff that it would, my serving was dry, half the size of my friend's serving and well done. It looked to me like I got the remains of the day. Since my first visit was very good, I'll give them another chance. The staff and service was great.Special Features:
- great place but...statsman58Dined on 6/27/2014Recently, we had dinner with friends at Sugarbeet and enjoyed most of the experience. The food was pricey but awesome. The wine list was great. The service was amazing (Thank you Deb!). But, there was a screaming kid at the table next to us. This is not really Sugarbeet's fault; what parent brings a screaming 2-year old to a fancy restaurant? Folks, please.. next time go to McDonald's with the kids. if you want to come to a place where adults can meet, dine, share a drink and conversation, try out Sugarbeet. Just watch out for the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for that special occasioneriedinersDined on 6/26/2014Great food and service. The rib eye was very good along with the peanut butter pie. Wish the dining room was more quiet. Perhaps we will sit on the bar side on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCO38Dined on 6/24/2014Excellent overall--food, service, ambience. Eclectic modern American cusune describes the menu very well. Venture to Longmont.Special Features:
- SugarbeetsummersolsticebdayDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I wanted "grown up" food for my birthday dinner and Sugarbeet certainly fit the bill. We started with the PorkBelly over grits with Cajun BBQ sauce. OMG- we wanted to lick the plate. It was delicious and perfect. We followed with a caprese salad - light and lovely. And our entrees were delicious too. We will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Slightly disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Had high expectations so we were slightly disappointed. Food was ok. We had two appetizers, a large salad, two entrees to split (had to send one back for being served only lukewarm). Halibut entree was decent sized, cooked nicely but too dry. Brussel sprouts appetizers were not tender........too chewy. There were four of us and we each had two glasses of wine......total bill with tip close to $200 so not inexpensive.
- Possibly Longmont's Best!BnPtbl4tooDined on 6/19/2014We are lucky to have a restaurant the caliber of Sugerbeet here in Longmont! Great continental cuisine, knowledgeable staff, at affordable pricing--perfect for special occasions or simply a great meal with friends. The name refers to Longmont's past as sugerbeet farmland and the location is near the old sugarbeet plant and rail shipping docks. Real old-town in the midst of re-development. Will return often!Special Features:
- great food, but.....redcardinalVIPDined on 6/19/2014We booked this restaurant based on great reviews for our 32nd anniversary and were excited to be celebrating our special night at a new place. We told them it was our anniversary when we made the reservation - no mention of it by the hostess or our waitress that evening. I have a severe food allergy to lentils, and asked if one vegetable could be substituted for another that was already on the night's menu, given that I wasn't sure of the nature of a certain bean included in my entree's presentation. A $2.00 substitution charge was added to the bill - not a big deal moneywise, but really? Insulting and am I to feel guilty that I was born with this allergy? The substituted vegetable was one that was already prepared in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day dinnerAJTOO1Dined on 6/15/2014Alyssa took excellent care of us; our meals were outstanding. Truly enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicthatdrummerguyDined on 6/14/2014Longmont is very lucky to have a classic restaurant that consistently provide excellent food and service every time, with an ever changing menu that makes it fun and exciting every time that you go. The chef is creative and continues to challenge himself which means that we as consumers win! I hope they never change this formula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in LongmontFlyGirlDined on 6/13/2014If you are a foodie this is the place to go. Sugarbeet consistently provides high-quality food prepared in interesting and innovative ways using seasonal ingredients. We've been huge fans for years.Special Features:
- Unique Food ChoicesFamilyFirstDined on 6/8/2014We came because we heard everything was locally brought in. And they were right. We loved the ambiance. We loved the service. And we loved that there wasn't a huge menu to look over. Seasonal items only, and their were outstanding. We had the spinach stuffed artichoke appetizer...... Yummy! And the lamb shank..... Mmmmm can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivals anything in Boulder/Denver!BrianDined on 6/7/2014We were hoping for a nice place to celebrate my birthday, a relatively quiet, unassuming, fine-dining experience with great service. We found it in our first visit to Sugarbeet. The service was great (thanks, Deb!) - she was attentive but knew instinctively when to give us our quiet time. My partner and I were terrifically surprised as things began coming to the table. Exquisitely prepared appetizers from a menu that was not overbearing or intimidating. Our entrees were stunning in their presentation and taste (better even than Boulder's Flagstaff). In the last week we've recommended this unpresumptuous restaurant to our best friends (who all are fine-dining-o-philes like us), perhaps as many as ten times. Please go, and tell your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary eveningDarrelDined on 6/7/2014We enjoy a meal at Sugarbeet on special ocassions because it is above our comfortable price range for any more often. It is one of the better restaurants in Longmont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummylovegreatfoodDined on 6/7/2014The food was delicious and the service attentive but not overbearing. A great place to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014Wine was fab, food was excellent, service phenomenal, and quiet enough to have a conversational. An excellent find!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!NeutDined on 6/6/2014I'm glad we tried this Zagat-recommended restaurant, hidden in Longmont. Fresh fish flown in everyday!- My Halibut was done perfectly, with as much attention paid to the bed of spinach, white beans and red peppers as to everything else. Delicious! Our server was prompt and knowledgeable about the food and the wine. This is our new destination restaurant.Special Features:
- Overall decent, but not specialLowKeyCoupleDined on 6/5/2014We have heard wonderful things about Sugarbeet from friends and family. After trying it out, we were a little let down. The food was pretty good- but kind of bland. Presentation was fairly upscale, prices were upscale, ambiance was wonderful- but felt the food was lacking. We were intrigued enough to give it one more try, but if we don't leave "wowed" next time, we will save our money for somewhere else. They are attempting to be a Boulder-ish contemporary restaurant and have achieved that in every respect aside from excitement of the food. I have been to numerous places in Boulder with more memorable food at lower cost and equal ambiance.Special Features:
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014Set in an unusual spot, this lovely restaurant was really a great treat. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Menu would rival any menu anywhere. Very delicious and creatively smart!Special Features:
- A Gem under the overpassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The food was superb!! The Service was great but it was a little loud. Did I say the food was really really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoyablemeroDined on 5/16/2014Can't go wrong with Sugarbeet! Ecclectic menu, great selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar Beet is a sure betjwilkeDined on 5/16/2014I took my parents and wife to Sugar Beet last Friday night. My parents were in town visiting for the first time. We had a wonderful time and good service from the staff. You can tell the place is doing well it was full. The staff seated us on time and service was excellent. We live near Longmont and will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner food in LongmontReelGalDined on 5/16/2014We have been to Sugarbeet several times over the years since it opened. It is our choice for special occasions in Longmont. The restaurant is owned by two women and the service and attention to detail is very good. They serve fresh local grown foods in innovative and tasty recipes. I have not been disappointed once. We have taken out foodie friends from Boulder and they raved about it. Their lamb shank is very good as is their steak. The atmosphere is nice and they have a nice wine list and open bar. Try it sometime. You will be glad you did!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceRANLafayette2Dined on 5/15/2014Outstanding service and excellent food. My family enjoyed the appetizers/salad and entrees with no complaints. My son and daughter actually said they could try anything on the menu since it all sounded so good. Our waiter knew the specials and menu very well and was enthusiastic with recommendations. Overall a wonderful dinning experienceSpecial Features:
- A great experience at SugarbeetDonqua0626Dined on 5/15/2014Sugarbeet is a wonderful dining experience from beginning to end! Delicious food, great staff, quiet and relaxing. We didn't feel rushed as we enjoyed our appetizer, scrumptious salad and fabulous entree. Outstanding wine suggestion by our server. All in a a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- tileguyDined on 5/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service perfect. My only negative would be that the portions were a bit too large. The server could have warned us that the salads were very large and could have been shared by two with more then enough each. I will certainly return again, it is a very good special occasion choice.Special Features:
- Very Friendly and accomodatingptcruiserDined on 5/11/2014Arrived a little early greet very warmly. Waitress was very attentive. The food was excellent and very large portions. Would strongly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day DinnerphpilotDined on 5/11/2014Had the grilled shrimp and Barbeque Ribs, both were excellent and quite enough for a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014We have eaten at Sugarbeet several times and are always very pleased with the warmth of the service and the quality of the food. The menu changes but each item is unique and delicious. I had the short ribs in a Carolina mustard sauce -- meat falling off the bone, just enough bite to the sauce -- wow! It was served on a bed of kale and black-eyed peas which was really nice. My husband had the grilled shrimp which was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!mcs5432Dined on 5/9/2014The food was wonderful! My husband and I have been wanting to come for awhile and it was our ten year wedding anniversary so what better occasion to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a nice mealRyanADined on 5/7/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. She is a vegetarian, so it is difficult to find places that create something other than vegetables in pasta. Sugar Beets had a nice selection for her to choose from starting with the Spinach and artichoke appetizer, Soup/salad and an exotic mushroom pasta that was unique and tasted very good even to a carnivore like me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.