101 Pratt Street
Longmont, CO 80501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugarbeetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 651-3330
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Seth Witherspoon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate a private event for a variety of group sizes from ten guests to seventy guests in one of our two dining rooms
- Private Party Contact: Justine Witherspoon 7206847890
A word from Sugarbeet
Our locally owned restaurant offers a refreshing collection of Seasonal American Cuisine in an intimate and contemporary setting. Our seasonally changing menu emphasizes Owner/ Chef Seth Witherspoon’s creativity and his passion for using the freshest ingredients possible. In addition to supporting local growers and ranchers, we grow our own produce! Join us for a memorable evening of delicious food with friends. In addition to our warm and inviting dining rooms, we have outdoor seating on our patios when weather permits. We can accommodate your next group function and can help you with a personalized menu for your event. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sugarbeet - Best Restaurants in Longmont ›
Sugarbeet reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)special occasion (55)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (23)notable wine list (17)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food and good servie40thanniversaryDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed Sugarbeet very much. In the comments section when we made the reservation I mentioned that it was our anniversary and the owner sent over a glass of sparkling wine. The dessert came with a little candle. That was such a lovely addition to our already wonderful meal. The tables are spread out so you do not feel like you are right next to others. Like other people we felt the noise level was a little high. Like others we thought it was a little noisy.Special Features:
- Another excellent experiencethatdrummerguyDined on 4/25/2014The problem with great restaurants is that you have to wait. Even with a reservation. I knew this was a possibility because once you are seated, you don't want to leave! Our host and owner was most gracious and engaging with us, offering us a complimentary glass of wine due to the length of time, and engaged us regularly, where many other places I have been, you would have been ignored. We felt welcome from the beginning. The meal was excellent, as always. We ended up being the last patrons there, but never felt rushed to leave or uncomfortable. We were a party of 5 and it was a great evening, enhanced by the dining experience at Sugarbeet!Special Features:
- Sugarbeet restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Food and service was superb. Dining room is small so is noisy when it is full. However,that being said, the food is worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for special occasionRaymondDined on 4/23/2014Our meals were well prepared and the portions were generous. The quality and variety of the ingredients were terrific. The daily specials helped round out the somewhat limited ala carte menu. The wine list has a number of unusual wines and is rather pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longmont fine diningSwengusDined on 4/20/2014Sugarbeet is for fine dining locally, and holds its own with more pretentious offerings (maybe 3 in/near Boulder). The food was very nicely prepared and presented, generously, from a menu offering good and varied choices. Our appetizers, respectively duck and shrimp, were outstanding; our main dish, crabcakes, were accompanied by an abundant slaw which lacked, however, any hint of the fresh ginger we had expected. Easter evening is probably not the occasion to expect vibrancy; we were pleased to escape it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningtortugaDined on 4/20/2014We tried Sugarbeet for the first time for Easter Sunday dinner. What a great find! The service was outstanding and the food was exceptional. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Sugar Beet reviewfoodie2014Dined on 4/20/2014This is one of our most trusted selections in Northern Colorado. Food is excellent, menu variety is outstanding, and ambience is notable. A real gem!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Sugarbeet is a terrific choice in Longmont. Food is always fresh and eclectic just as the menu says. The service is outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceSimayDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I never miss Sugar Beet for anniversaries, birthdays, or when family and friends come to town. The food is wonderful, fresh ingredients with changing menu. The wait staff is amazingly knowledgable about the food and are able to provide beautiful service without interrupting your food experience. We highly recommend Sugar Beet!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2014from the moment you walked in...you knew this was going to be GREAT The aroma was superb as was the food and the service. Pricing was reasonable. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Longmont RestaurantScottSDined on 4/11/2014A nice variety of excellent dishes - Sugarbeet never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Halibut specialMarieDined on 4/11/2014Took clients here Friday night - crazy good food & great price! Bravo - drove from Westminster and well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NOISYrhankeDined on 4/11/2014The food was great. I had the Filet Mignon which was a great portion and delicious. My wife had Alaskan Halibut. However it was very very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De;endable EleganceharleyboyDined on 4/8/2014Our latest experience at Sugarbeet was typical of what we've come to expect--great food, attentive service in a low-key environment. Not quite white table cloth elegance, the restaurant is very nice and a step-up from most Longmont estatlishments in Longmont. The food is always very good, even if the menu is brief and a little short on options. The service is attentive without being intrusive, although this last visit found us looking for our waitperson when we wanted the check. No big deal. The wine list is adequate, but if you're looking for a special bottle, you might be disappointed. We appreciated the extra attention that was offered on our special occasion. How about some small plates?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugarBeet never fails to impressVolpeDined on 4/5/2014This was my fifth time at SugarBeet and it seems to get better and better. My waitperson quickly noticed that the large, noisy party seated next to us was bothersome so, without our asking, reseated us in a quieter part of the restaurant. The food was exceptional with generous portions. My wife and I split the Mushroom Ragout and barely finished our halves. This proprietor was very friendly and gave us some insights into the recipes and history of the place. I cannot say enough positive things about this place and cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- a gem in LongmontColoradoCatDined on 4/3/2014wonderful restaurant for any occasion. Impressive wine and cocktail list and incredible seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicestevecVIPDined on 4/1/2014Good Variety, great presentation, good prices. Lots of reasonable choices for wine.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!MikeDined on 3/30/2014Back once again to this top notch restaurant. The quality of the food and the service is unmatched.Special Features:
- Creative dishesbfoodieDined on 3/30/2014I was surprised to find this hip and creative restaurant in this part of Longmont. The food was very good with options for gluten and dairy free too! Would recommend it for a special dinner with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would have liked to haveShelleyDined on 3/29/2014I would have liked to have some entree choices that were not quite so rich as the current menu.Special Features:
- Upscale LongmontJimilagroDined on 3/16/2014The location is weird being next to the tracks in the most industrial area of Longmont. However, once inside, the world changes. The decor is excellent as was the service. The food could have been better given the price. ($90 for two dinners, one dessert, and a glass of wine). I had a fantastic vegetarian dish of polenta with mushrooms and my date had the buffalo shoulder and buffalo sausage. The meat was rather tough and the sauce not especially tasty. However, our server was excellent and made the experience salvageable. The creme boule was fantastic as a finish. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, especially for Longmontians, who really could use a bit more upscale establishments. I would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceKateDined on 3/15/2014Everything about this meal was perfect. The staff was friendly and attentive without being overbearing and our appetizer, entrees, and desserts were spot on. Highly recommend and we cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Evening!WayneDined on 3/15/2014For my wife's birthday I wanted to take her someplace special, and a friend recommended Sugarbeet's. It stands as perhaps the best recommendation for dining that I've ever had - the food was exceptional, from the appetizers through the main course (we're not dessert eaters). The ambiance is always a key indicator for a great experience with us - and Sugarbeet's hit it. Nicely lit, tables far enough apart that we couldn't hear our fellow diners' conversations, yet close enough that there was a lively buzz to the place, and a warm, inviting atmosphere. Our waitress was top-notch, appearing whenever our wine & water glasses were low to quietly refill them, and friendly without ever intruding. In a word - Exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in LongmontOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014Sugarbeet sets the bar for fine dining in Longmont. The food is second to none, drinks are imaginative and fun and wait staff is highly refined and attentive. A true gem that makes the most from Boulder County's fresh produce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than expected!RichDined on 3/14/2014Four of us, older and younger, carnivores and vegetarians, all had a fabulous meal at Sugarbeet. Exceptionally high quality food, creatively prepared but not fussy. Superb service, friendly and knowledgeable. This restaurant ranks with the best anywhere. I'm going back the next chance I get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delishious!lorireginDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I went to Sugarbeet for a relaxing dinner on a Friday night. It was excellent! The food is fresh fare and uses lots of good spice pairings. Service was perfect, truly. The atmosphere is relaxing and the tables are set far enough apart that you are not right up on the table next to you. There were a couple bigger parties - looked to be about an 8 & 10 person group with plenty of room as well. We left very happy and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gem!TazCatDined on 3/14/2014Locally owned neighborhood gem. Seth uses only fresh local ingredients and has an amazing talent for developing uniques taste combinations and presentation. The bison shoulder and sausage plate came with brussel sprouts, but you would not know it...they were finely shredded and presented as the bed for a horseradish potato cake. The seafood special with risotto was extremely tasty and enough for two meals. The flourless chocolate torte was absolutely incrdible, made with good quality chocolate (yes, I am a chocolate snob!) and was almost like fudge in consistency, only much better! Our server was attentive, but not overly so and had a wonderful smile and personality. Truly a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to dinner for our weddingSilkeBDDined on 3/14/2014Went to dinner for our wedding anniversary. Everything about the experience was superb.Special Features:
- Still the best in LongmontYuWenDined on 3/13/2014We were impressed in our last visit and are still impressed with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestricmanDined on 3/5/2014Sugarbeet again proves they're the best in North Boulder county - we started with the seared Ahi appetizer with avocado - amazing quality of product and the yuzu wasabi sauce was the perfect pairing. For dinner my wife had the vegan stuffed artichokes served on a fava bean sweet apple "hummus" - amazingly fresh and bright. I had the seafood bouillabaisse - I could smell the delicate fennel and touch of Pernod as soon as it was served - the prawns, mahi-mahi and mussels were all cooked to perfection. Service was attentive, friendly and knowledgable - she helped me with a pefect description of the Pays d'Oc wine that paired perfectly with my meal. All in all, Chef Seth continues to raise the bar for inventiveness and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugarbeet Always RocksJerryDined on 3/5/2014Longmont actually has a few nice choices for restaurants. Sugarbeet is the best and is on par with any restaurant of its price range in Boulder.Special Features:
- Fat Tuesday at SugarbeetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014Enjoyable time at Sugarbeet on Fat Tuesday. Received an email about the highlighted dishes for Fat Tuesday - good reminder to get me to make a reservation. Waitress, Rachael, was very helpful with suggestions and a taste of a wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal! Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2014Excellent meal! Our server was professional and delightful. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Loved it!DaffodilDined on 2/28/2014We are gluten-free and loved your selection. We have always had a great experience at Sugarbeet and the food, service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at SugarbeetBoulderFolksDined on 2/27/2014From appetizer to dessert, everything was fantastic! The food was fresh, prepared expertly, and was presented wonderfully. Our waitress was also terrific! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesTwoMetreBillDined on 2/26/2014While there are other restaurants that we enjoy, Sugarbeet is at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugarbeetLongmontDined on 2/22/2014Appetizers were great, salads were ok, main course was somewhat tasteless. Extremely loud dining room. Could not hear across a table for two it was so loud, partly due to a very loud server who was trying to be funny....more like annoying. Parking is non existent. Had to walk across a metal plate, gravel and around to the front of the building in ice and snow. No view. I won't go back. If I spend that much for dinner, I will go to Flagstaff House in Boulder.Special Features:
- Sweet Beets Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014We were a party of six with three month old baby. Open table had indicated that we could either get in early or late but not the time we wanted (6:45 PM) so we chose the later time. Sweet Beet called and changed us to the time we wanted and were ready for us as we arrived a few minutes early. The food was fresh, tasty and presented beautifully. The wines were lovely and the wait staff lovely as well. Matter of fact as we enjoyed our experience so well, we changed our restaurant for the next night for our of state friends and took them to Sweet Beets. Two nights in a row! The specials had changed and they were so delicious. The crispy egg plant parm was out of this world. A big city gem in Longmont! Highly recommend Sweet Beet !!!!Special Features:
- A great find off the beaten path!goodsandiDined on 2/21/2014I love this place. The food is absolutely scrumptious. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable but still classy. The service was very good. Food and drinks arrived quickly. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PlusLarryDined on 2/15/2014Our first visit. Prompt, pleasant (but not patronizing) service. Excellent pork loin. Excellent crab cakes. Excellent chocolate tart for dessert. Excellent wine. Lots of stone and tile, but with curtains and sound-absorbing tiles on a high ceiling, it was easy to carry on a conversation. Oh, there was one misfire. The mango margarita was nothing special.Special Features: