Sugar Factory Brasserie
46 Gansevoort St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sugar Factory Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sugarfactory.com/new-york-citys-meatpacking-district-0#
- Phone: 2124148700x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sugar Factory Brasserie
Sugar Factory American Brasserie's first East Coast location will open this Spring in New York City's famed Meatpacking District at 46 Gansevoort St. The 3,000-square-foot eatery will offer an intimate dining room and retail space, complete with the sweet shop's signature items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sugar Factory Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (195)hot spot (150)good for groups (120)late-night find (105)vibrant bar scene (97)great for lunch (89)great for brunch (87)kid-friendly (73)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (51)fit for foodies (51)great for outdoor dining (31)scenic view (11)notable wine list (6)Show More
- okay...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Its way too crowded and loud.you bump into everyone and you cant get around without asking everyone to move their chairs in. If they are big? You stuck. The drinks explode sometimes and splatter everywhere. But the drinks are very good. Dont go on a busy weekend. I def. Think they need to make this place bigger.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/29/2014The only negative is the lack of room. They cram in a lot of people. They prepared everything just right. The passion punch was a silly indulgence and was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014When we arrived we got seated immediately and sat there for 25 minutes and No waiter(s) came to our table. We got up and left!!
- SWEET 16!Yummy1Dined on 8/28/2014We celebrated my daughters Sweet 16 at SUGAR FACTORY NYC and the experience was one that she will never forget. The service and attention to detail was excellent. Maro, party coordinator, Chris, manager and the service team were outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar factory reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The sugar factory is an amazing place to get the most unusual and fun drinks! The only bad part is the restaurant is tiny and even if you have a reservation you wait almost an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun time... but cut to shortOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I made a surprise late night reservation for my boyfriend and I, which turned out great. The location was rather small which was expected. The service was quick and efficient. Only down fall was we weren't warned of last call. So we only drank one drink. Leaving us feeling slightly jiped on the full experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I made a reservation for 4 and when my group arrived they had to stand outside reading the menus until I arrived. When we were being seated, the hostess thought it was a party of 5 and didn't want to let us sit until she realized she was counting herself in the party. It took a very very long time to be served or attended to. The food was boring and not that good and the drinks weren't what I envisioned for the hype going on about this place. We went during happy hour because my friend called to inquire about specials and they told her it was buy one drink get one free. When we asked for our second drink out server stayed it was actually half off goblets. Very dissappointed in the workers of the place. Not a happy customer.Special Features:
- SharkbaitDined on 8/24/2014Very accommodating staff, the hostess was very nice, and our server was great as well. Fun ambience, just super small. We sat outside and our table was at a pretty steep angle and everything was kind of leaning and sliding off. Plus they can't serve any alcoholic beverages in the outdoor seating area, but neighboring restaurants could. This seemed confusing and I think they should definitely change that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugary Sweet EveningSucker4Candy999Dined on 8/23/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at the sugar factory. I felt like a big kid when I walked in and saw the huge drums of candy. The bar was colorfully graced with drinks of all flavors! My drinks for the evening were lemon-head martini, blow pop martini and a passion punch goblet. Everything was insanely delicious. I felt like i had walked into a candy factor/ club dream that i never wanted to wake up from! Our server, Armando was the absolute best. He made our evening fantastic and unforgettable! Love the sugar factory and love Armando! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Drinks and Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I ordered the Ocean Blue which is a goblet styled drink decorated with blue shark gummy candies and dry ice to add smoke. I was very impressed by the presentation of my drink as well as the taste. The bartender I had was great and she worked quickly making many more drinks similar to mine. I ordered Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo for dinner and it was AMAZING! I would definitely return, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool and high energyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014It is TINY in here so make sure that you book. The service is quick and very friendly. The food is delicious and very well presented (but nothing very fancy) although I would have preferred some further description on the menus. Some of the cocktails neglected to explain what was in them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 5th anniversaryBratfaceDined on 8/23/2014We live in CT, but saw this place online. It is small in size and you are elbow to elbow, but that's the way it is. I enjoyed myself. The place is nice looking inside and out and my only no no is the woman's bathroom was like a sauna,so expect that. Food and drinks were great. Try the mac n cheese pops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BirthdaySugarSaturdayDined on 8/23/2014Sugar Factory is full of life. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. The waiter was very attentive and was a sweetheart all around. The seating area is very close and confine. I felt that my neighbor next to me, was also engaged in my conversation. The food is okay. The drinks are phenomenal and I can see why they would pay the price they ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasentRen2in2herselfDined on 8/23/2014Sugar Factory was ok even with reservation we still waited 30 mins for a table and they forgot to put in a food order so one of my guest was late on recieving her food They did deduct her food off the bill cause of late arrival ... Overall Nice Spot I will give them a second chance in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar RushSugarRushDined on 8/22/2014Just about everything was amazing, just a few glitches with the waitress, and my food wasn't anything to rave about. But all in all the drinks were the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overload!KaygeeDined on 8/22/2014Overall, it was a great experience at the Sugar Factory! Food was good and the goblets/ sweets were GREAT! It was sort of crowded, but that just shows how popular you guys are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar but not too sweetCsi220Dined on 8/22/2014It is quite smaller than expected. The ambiance not great aside from the drinks.. It was a decent night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeRerica22Dined on 8/21/2014I celebrated bringing in my 21st birthday at Sugsr Factory and it was great. Mike was hilarious and my waiter John was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibesSF11Dined on 8/21/2014Sugar Factory was full of good vibes! The music was great and it was a fun atmosphere. Definitely a hot spot and pricey but a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had a great time! Music choice was amazing although it was a little to loud. I couldn't hear my friends, we had to shout a lot. The food was amazing. Our drinks were amazing. It was a little small for my taste. Not good for large groups. Maybe 4 people at most. We had a reservation for 8pm and we were seated at 8pm. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would go back. Awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going there againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014It was too small, The food was not good, the only good thing was the German chocolate martini, the waiter hardly came over to the table to ask if we needed anything.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, memorable mealHaggs391Dined on 8/19/2014Title says it all. Friendly service. Good food (entrees aren't gourmet, but good, nonetheless). Exciting drink options (that literally bubble and smoke) and excellent dessert. Will be back. *Note: Small restaurant, close proximity seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I wanted to go to the Sugar Factory for so long and finally got the chance to go for my 22nd birthday, and it was amazing. To the music, to the atmosphere, to our waiter, It definitely worth the money and one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I would definitely be going back to the one in NY and hopefully make my way to the one in Las Vegas. LOVE YOU SUGAR FACTORY!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big food little spaceBFelicianoDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant itself is very small but portions of food and drinks are both worth the money spent. Smoking drinks and massive desserts were definitely the highlight of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!Lucky17Dined on 8/17/2014I definitely would go again! Food and drinks were so hood and we got free shots just for moving tables!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious! Drink was yummy... Fondue was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Xchriistinax3Dined on 8/15/2014Awesome time. Awesome drinks. Very friendly waiters/waitresses, managers and hostesses. A bit crowded but deff worth checking outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereLuv2dineDined on 8/13/2014A bit small but overall it's a nice place. Food was good drinks were excellent. I definitely will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillFamilyof5Dined on 8/12/2014We were not made aware of the menu that offered a appetizer , meal & candy - we ordered everything a la carte & then had to buy candy - when I told the hostess she basically said too bad !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEH.burgerloverDined on 8/11/2014I was initially excited to have my birthday dinner at the Sugar Factory after all the vibrant, fun-looking pictures I had seen online, but upon arrival I was almost immediately let down. There were so many flies hovering around the dining area that I was unable to sit comfortably without swatting every 5 minutes or so. Not to mention we were seated in a tiny corner. My server must have been new/having a bad day because my friend saw her around the back shaking her head with an attitude after we had kindly asked her to return a milkshake that we didn't like. The food was just OK. I would not return to Sugar Factory to eat, but their goblets and martinis are appealing enough to enjoy at happy hour after work or something of that nature.Special Features:
- Chris2468Dined on 8/11/2014I thought the place was nice food was good staff was very nice and friendly but the drinks we're very expensive I came with 8 kids for birthday party I couldn't buy everybody there own drink to expensive so we bought 2 drinks and everybody shared I would defiantly come back again if I was in the area for lunch but no drinks !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The drinks was amazing... The services was terrific .. That was the best service I had at a restaurant everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeNotImpressedATallDined on 8/10/2014Had late reservations, the music is loud (not good for an intimate date) but the music was good. The drinks are amazing ! Its the type of place to go for drinks and desserts. They had a lot of birthdays and they came out with a candle burning dessert every 10mins. Convinced me enough to have my birthday there ! The food was okay, but the appetizers were good ! The waitress rarely came in to check on us but the manager caught it and asked us if we needed anything. I would come back again only for drinks and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLeleeDined on 8/10/2014I went with some friends to celebrate my birthday; it was very dark being that it's called sugar factory I was thinking bright fun ambiance. Very small place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts were amazing!CindyCDined on 8/10/2014I enjoyed The Sugar Factory but their website makes the place appear much larger than it actually is. A typical NY eatery with tables way too close together. Ask for a seat in the back which is a bit quieter and roomier. The noise level is more than energetic. Between the repetitive Katy Perry songs and the bad acoustics it is a LOUD place. Small bar area and even smaller candy/gift shop area. It's an occasion place which is why we celebrated my birthday there. The food was good, the desserts excellent and of course, we indulged in a 60 oz. goblet of sugar water which made us all shake as we came down from our sugar "high". Fun place for kids and pretty cool for adults, too. Way overpriced as are most NY hotspots. Fun night though.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEccurcio81Dined on 8/10/2014love this place! food was really good, and the Martinis oh laaaa laaaa delicious! :) def coming back! wish it was little bit bigger! but awesome place and drinks!Special Features:
- Perfect Date Spot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014This was the perfect date spot. The ambience was perfect. The food and drinks were amazing. And, of course, dessert was superb. This place was definitely a keeper. I will be back for my lollipop refill lol!Special Features:
- OMG....Talk About a Tight Squeeze!SilisticDined on 8/9/2014First off - there are almost always birthdays going on in here, and it takes honestly about 2 weeks to get a reservation on weekends.The place isn't tiny, don't get me wrong. But for the amount of people they try to fit in there? There's hardly any breathing room. Food wasn't exceptional but it is tasty. I, personally, had the Bleu Cheese Bacon Cheeseburger (It's on Brioche bread), and it was great. Their "smoking" goblets are overrated as well, packed up with ice and their fizzy formula on the bottom, but those go down great too. I suggest the drink with the lollipops, so you get a little more money worth of your $36 drink. Either way, the place makes for a great time, hoping you have something to talk about while you wait for your food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Horrible food, expensive bad tasting drinks, you basically pay to have a cube of dry ice put in to make it smoke a little, poor service and just an overall waste of money.
- Small place not enough roomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014We made reservations and still had to wait it's nothing what people make it out to be. The food is mediocre but the drinks are amazing. There were a no seats so we ate at the bar. Never again!