Sugar Factory Brasserie
46 Gansevoort St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sugar Factory Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sugarfactory.com/new-york-citys-meatpacking-district-0#
- Phone: 2124148700x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sugar Factory Brasserie
Sugar Factory American Brasserie's first East Coast location will open this Spring in New York City's famed Meatpacking District at 46 Gansevoort St. The 3,000-square-foot eatery will offer an intimate dining room and retail space, complete with the sweet shop's signature items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sugar Factory Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (195)hot spot (143)good for groups (120)late-night find (97)great for lunch (94)vibrant bar scene (88)great for brunch (87)kid-friendly (79)neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (58)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (34)scenic view (13)notable wine list (6)Show More
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Loved the setting of the restaurant food and drinks as well as the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitDulceDined on 9/27/2014The staff was horrible found a mosquito on my drink the wait with a reservation was longSpecial Features:
- excellent restaurant.MrcardDined on 9/27/2014Loved the restaurant, the service as exceptional and our server was very polite and helpful.I would recommend this restaurant to anybody, because it's wonderful and the drinks was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Run Birthday LunchluvnycVIPDined on 9/27/2014Took adults and 7 year olds. The King Kong sundae really rocked birthday girl's world and her friends. The service was really outstanding. Hostess and wait staff did a great job to make lunch smooth and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLadiesNightDined on 9/26/2014The place was nice. Was a little late being seated for our reservation, even though we arrived 20 minutes before. All was well, except for my friends tuna melt she did not enjoy! The drinks were awesome, the waiter was cool. We did not have to wait long for our food and drinks. Other than the place being tiny, we really did enjoy ourselves! Oh cant forget the lil candy display, lol nice! We had fun..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE SERVICE! !!trustmeDined on 9/25/2014Our waiter Gwen was so rude!!!!! It took her 15 minutes to even greet us. When she finally made it, she brought water and said "WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?" I was already upset thay she took so long getting to us. I told her I wasn't ready. She said "come get me when you are." ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! She decided to come back 20 minutes later I told her it was my sister's birthday, she said "oh ok, what did you want to eat?" By that time i adked to be moved to a different section away from GWEN! !! She made our experience very bad!!!! Totally messed my sisters birthday dinner up!Special Features:
- Great but small!Smilez24Dined on 9/24/2014Came here for my birthday and I enjoyed myself! The food was great, the drinks were amazing, the whole presentation was awesome. The downside tho, it's soo small! The place was packed on a Wednesday so my party and I were forced to sit at the bar. Which wasn't bad, still full menu there. I just wish this place was bigger. And next time around I know to share one of their huge drinks with a friend lol! (I had the lollipop one)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow.. That's all I have to say.sugar95Dined on 9/23/2014Wow! Just amazing. I took my mom here for her birthday it was both our first time and it was nothing but an amazing time. I can't even describe it but wow the people at the sugar factory really know what they're doing! Thanks for such a wonderful time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly SmallEdiggahDined on 9/23/2014So I heard about this place from a friend of a friend. Made reservations a month in advance. Arrived at the spot and it was small... Shockingly small. Went with it cause I made reservations. Sat... Ordered.... Drinks were 🔥🔥🔥🔥 FIRE and the food was on point. Service made up for the place being small as your server was very attentive to your needs. Recommended it while I was there to a group that was searching for a new spot and will be going back ASAP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did get my pointsbajansweetsDined on 9/22/2014Both times I visited they make u Wait more than an hour even if u have a reservation. Then the don't even check u inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceGigiDined on 9/21/2014Went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary. From the very beginning this place was amazing. The service was outstanding. As soon as we walked in we were greeted and were seated 10minutes after our arrival since we did arrive 20 minutes prior to our reservation time. The staff was very accommodating as we asked to be seated in a more private area. The waitress, Noel, was very sweet and attentive. She even placed a candle on our dessert to commemorate our anniversary. The food was good and the drinks were great. Overall, this was an amazing experience and we definitely look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Amazing!theatregirl14Dined on 9/21/2014The food and drinks were absolutely delicious! The Sugar Factory is great for a night out on the town. It's very noisy so if you're looking for an intimate quiet spot I do not recommend it but if you're looking for a great night out I highly suggest it! Service was great and all of the staff there is extremely friendly and accommodating. I'm definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Wow!findneshaDined on 9/20/2014My girls and I had a ball! We went there for their signature goblet drinks which did not disappoint. The food was great, the atmosphere was great and the service was even better. We had a 2:30 pm reservation but got there a little early and they were able to seat us right away. I will definitely be going back...soon!Special Features:
- Dont be fooled by their webby hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The drinks are not 60oz as advertised on their website. Definately only about 30 oz n its not even capable of getting you close enough to drunk. The food is okay, but very expensive, just stick to the signature burger you should be full for your $16. Wouldn't go back its so small and tight, no elbow room at all.Special Features:
- A Very Sweet Experience!moodyfoodyVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went to the Sugar Factory for dessert after seeing a Broadway show - around 11:00 PM on a Thursday. The place was still bustling. Although we were very tempted by the phenomenal looking drinks (expensive - built for sharing) in the giant goblets (fabulous colors - smoking - gummies and lollies pouring out), we opted to share one of the amazing sounding sundaes instead ... and it was truly amazing. This place is really adorable - with great attention to creativity, detail, and supreme service. What a fun experience!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar factory was funFunwithfriendsDined on 9/15/2014We had a small birthday celebration here and overall we all had a great time! My only complaint would be that they wouldn't seat us at our reserved table until our full party had arrived. Being that the place is really small we were at bit uncomfortable standing at the bar. Burgers were great as we're the really cool drinks! We will definitely be planning another trip soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lollipop goblet & buffalo sandwichChrisDined on 9/15/2014Man oh man. The buffalo chicken sandwich I had here was SLAMMING. The 60oz lollipop goblet was also very good! Great place will 100% be going again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBirthdayLoveDined on 9/14/2014I took my husband for his birthday to the Sugar Factory and we enjoyed the food. The only thing that I didn't like was I told our waiter it was my husbands birthday and I guess he forgot because they didn't come out to sing for him. Aside from that everything else was great. Would def go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar, come for birthdayslbovVIPDined on 9/14/2014Make sure to book a reservation because you will otherwise wait hours to get in. The cocktails are very creative and filled with candy deliciousness. If you are there for a birthday with a large group of people, I highly recommend ordering the "King Kong": 24 scoops of ice cream, cookie, lollipop and berry wonderland with giant sparklers. Would definitely go back for a celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablePerfectforBirthdaysDined on 9/13/2014I celebrated my 24th Birthday at the Sugar Factory on a Saturday night and I must say I enjoyed myself. The vibe was so great and the workers were so were so welcoming. Though its small I cant say I was uncomfortable. Even the man in the front (African) who checked IDs was very nice, he made us laugh while we were waiting for my whole party to arrive. I've heard terrible things about the Sugar Factory about the wait, the service, etc but I have to disagree with all the negativity. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Sugar Factory wasnt so Sweet!SophiaNicole1130Dined on 9/12/2014I made reservations and when I walked in the hostess was wonderful, she was beyond polite sat us doen and it was great. The place was absolutely adorable, then came the service. The waitress came, gave us the menu and rite away asked for us to order. We told her we just sat down, okay she left then came back. Took our orders, food came out.. And she never ever return to our table. I am to ask a bus boy for my check, refills, napkins, utensil etc. she was pleasant or friendly at all. The good wasnt great, the drinks were. The service suchs big time and i wouldnt recomment anyone there unless you're goin to be by the bar having drinks ONLY.Special Features:
- Great for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was one of the best birthdays I've had. Sugar factory has great food and even better drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinksTatsDined on 9/11/2014The martinis are great and so are the goblets. The shrimp and burger were to salty, the crepe was a lil tough. Our waiter was great, the music was good, and the seating is def a bit tight. Def Gona come back for the drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE SUGAR FACTORYMISSPRISSY89Dined on 9/10/2014THEY COULD MAKE IT BIGGER BECAUSE IT GETS VERY PACKED BUT OVERALL THE FOOD AND DRINKS ARE AMAZING A BIT PRICEY BUT I WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YO! let me tell you about this spotSBgotdasweettoothDined on 9/10/2014The food was great, wife loved the fries and shrimp appetizers. The drinks were superb, the quantity and quality as well. The entree was also delicious. The management was cool and friendly(shouting out Mike), and waitresses were equally friendly and gorgeous. The setting was very vibrant and colorful with the candy bar in the entrance,making the sugar factory able to activate any sweet tooth. Though the sugar factory was a night out well spent, I think areas to grow in are,working on priority seating for reservation makers and giving more spacious tables to accommodate meals for smaller parties. Another suggestion is more diverse music and maybe a bigger venue that has a dance area, so you can eat, drink and party all in one area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoNieceahDined on 9/7/2014I cant even begin to describe the experience I had here. I came here with my best friend to celebrate our friendship anniversary. The place is a bit small but it didn't bother me or her. The service was on point, quick, and amazing. The waiter keep making sure we were okay and that the food was good. The drinks are to die for. The sugar factory is definitely not cheap with their liquor to say the least. One of the 60 oz drinks gives you a little buzz. The candy in the drinks is a nice detail. The music is extremely up beat and modern, the music actually makes you want to party. It is a little expensive but it is worth it. I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking to have a fun date or to have a good time with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightPunkpebbleDined on 9/7/2014Let me start off by saying the service was excellent, the waiters were very friendly and kind. The food was just as good and the drinks were incredible, definitely something to try when you go. Whether it's a milkshake or a goblet they make in front of you, it tastes amazing. I went to celebrate a birthday and the experience was one to remember. I'll definitely go there again and get sweets from the candy bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Schedule for sugar factoryblacakaricanDined on 9/6/2014Overall restaurant was great, dry ice drink experience, food was good. But definitely come for either the drinks or the deserts. Also, and most importantly MAKE SURE you have a reservation before even thinking about coming. (This may mean 2wks+ prior planning). Although I went with a 4pm reservation booked a week in advance (evening times must be booked earlier) our party of 2's time was limited to 1 hour or to move to another location after being seated due to them needing the space. It's a small restaurant. But def worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, drinks excellentDevineDined on 9/3/2014I really liked the signature drink you guys had to offer, the food wasn't the best though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrittDined on 9/3/2014The food was okay, very american style food. The drinks were great and a lot of fun! Go during happy hour! Buy one get one goblet! Fun to try, I would probably have diabetes if I had them more then on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingAWESOMEDined on 9/2/2014I had always looked forward to going to the Sugar factory but once there, I wasn't quite satisfied. The seating was just too close to each other. The signiture burger was delicious but the banana split crepe was what I was looking forward to & it wasn't as great as I had thought it would be. The brownie was bland as was the crepe itself. The only thing that was good was the bananas since it was caramized. The mocha macchiato wasn't all that either except for it looking pretty. I guess I'll try other things if I ever go back next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Fun menu, fun concept. Only had dessert, which was good. Music a bit too loud and the back half of the dining room where we sat was not clean at all.Special Features:
- Cute but small1tryand1tryonlyDined on 9/1/2014I was quite shocked to see how small sugar factory was. Hard to get comfortable with someone always trying to get by. The goblets are the main reason we went there and we're not disappointed. Tasty and cute. Even though I had a burger, the breakfast looked amazing. My cousin had the pancakes and they melted in you mouth. Cute place, definitely make a reservation you could be waiting forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this!HungryHippoDined on 8/31/2014The food is pretty good but the drinks is what makes this place even more awesome.Special Features:
- great serviceVeganMomHispanicDined on 8/30/2014I have been wanting to go for a while, and my experience there was just awesome. The service from Chris (our waiter) was perfect. The food was great (I got the veggie burger) and the drinks were absolutely stunning. Thank you Sugar FactorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay...cityyDined on 8/29/2014Its way too crowded and loud.you bump into everyone and you cant get around without asking everyone to move their chairs in. If they are big? You stuck. The drinks explode sometimes and splatter everywhere. But the drinks are very good. Dont go on a busy weekend. I def. Think they need to make this place bigger.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good foodRonLDined on 8/29/2014The only negative is the lack of room. They cram in a lot of people. They prepared everything just right. The passion punch was a silly indulgence and was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointed6Dined on 8/29/2014When we arrived we got seated immediately and sat there for 25 minutes and No waiter(s) came to our table. We got up and left!!
- SWEET 16!Yummy1Dined on 8/28/2014We celebrated my daughters Sweet 16 at SUGAR FACTORY NYC and the experience was one that she will never forget. The service and attention to detail was excellent. Maro, party coordinator, Chris, manager and the service team were outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for drinks1sttimegoerDined on 8/27/2014This place overall is great for they drinks and the food is good too. They only problem is all this money they make they really need to expand. The restaurant it self is way too small and they get a lot of business. I shouldn't have to book my event months in advance to get the time slot I want. If they have more space(possibly a upstairs) the place would b better. Otherwise I still love the restaurant food and definitely they drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.