Sugar Factory Brasserie
46 Gansevoort St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sugar Factory Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sugarfactory.com/new-york-citys-meatpacking-district-0#
- Phone: 2124148700x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sugar Factory Brasserie
Sugar Factory American Brasserie's first East Coast location will open this Spring in New York City's famed Meatpacking District at 46 Gansevoort St. The 3,000-square-foot eatery will offer an intimate dining room and retail space, complete with the sweet shop's signature items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sugar Factory Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
311 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (196)hot spot (146)good for groups (118)late-night find (102)vibrant bar scene (96)great for lunch (91)great for brunch (88)kid-friendly (74)neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (55)romantic (48)great for outdoor dining (32)scenic view (12)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Sugar factory was funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We had a small birthday celebration here and overall we all had a great time! My only complaint would be that they wouldn't seat us at our reserved table until our full party had arrived. Being that the place is really small we were at bit uncomfortable standing at the bar. Burgers were great as we're the really cool drinks! We will definitely be planning another trip soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lollipop goblet & buffalo sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Man oh man. The buffalo chicken sandwich I had here was SLAMMING. The 60oz lollipop goblet was also very good! Great place will 100% be going again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBirthdayLoveDined on 9/14/2014I took my husband for his birthday to the Sugar Factory and we enjoyed the food. The only thing that I didn't like was I told our waiter it was my husbands birthday and I guess he forgot because they didn't come out to sing for him. Aside from that everything else was great. Would def go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar, come for birthdayslbovVIPDined on 9/14/2014Make sure to book a reservation because you will otherwise wait hours to get in. The cocktails are very creative and filled with candy deliciousness. If you are there for a birthday with a large group of people, I highly recommend ordering the "King Kong": 24 scoops of ice cream, cookie, lollipop and berry wonderland with giant sparklers. Would definitely go back for a celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablePerfectforBirthdaysDined on 9/13/2014I celebrated my 24th Birthday at the Sugar Factory on a Saturday night and I must say I enjoyed myself. The vibe was so great and the workers were so were so welcoming. Though its small I cant say I was uncomfortable. Even the man in the front (African) who checked IDs was very nice, he made us laugh while we were waiting for my whole party to arrive. I've heard terrible things about the Sugar Factory about the wait, the service, etc but I have to disagree with all the negativity. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Sugar Factory wasnt so Sweet!SophiaNicole1130Dined on 9/12/2014I made reservations and when I walked in the hostess was wonderful, she was beyond polite sat us doen and it was great. The place was absolutely adorable, then came the service. The waitress came, gave us the menu and rite away asked for us to order. We told her we just sat down, okay she left then came back. Took our orders, food came out.. And she never ever return to our table. I am to ask a bus boy for my check, refills, napkins, utensil etc. she was pleasant or friendly at all. The good wasnt great, the drinks were. The service suchs big time and i wouldnt recomment anyone there unless you're goin to be by the bar having drinks ONLY.Special Features:
- Great for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was one of the best birthdays I've had. Sugar factory has great food and even better drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinksTatsDined on 9/11/2014The martinis are great and so are the goblets. The shrimp and burger were to salty, the crepe was a lil tough. Our waiter was great, the music was good, and the seating is def a bit tight. Def Gona come back for the drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE SUGAR FACTORYMISSPRISSY89Dined on 9/10/2014THEY COULD MAKE IT BIGGER BECAUSE IT GETS VERY PACKED BUT OVERALL THE FOOD AND DRINKS ARE AMAZING A BIT PRICEY BUT I WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoNieceahDined on 9/7/2014I cant even begin to describe the experience I had here. I came here with my best friend to celebrate our friendship anniversary. The place is a bit small but it didn't bother me or her. The service was on point, quick, and amazing. The waiter keep making sure we were okay and that the food was good. The drinks are to die for. The sugar factory is definitely not cheap with their liquor to say the least. One of the 60 oz drinks gives you a little buzz. The candy in the drinks is a nice detail. The music is extremely up beat and modern, the music actually makes you want to party. It is a little expensive but it is worth it. I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking to have a fun date or to have a good time with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightPunkpebbleDined on 9/7/2014Let me start off by saying the service was excellent, the waiters were very friendly and kind. The food was just as good and the drinks were incredible, definitely something to try when you go. Whether it's a milkshake or a goblet they make in front of you, it tastes amazing. I went to celebrate a birthday and the experience was one to remember. I'll definitely go there again and get sweets from the candy bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Schedule for sugar factoryblacakaricanDined on 9/6/2014Overall restaurant was great, dry ice drink experience, food was good. But definitely come for either the drinks or the deserts. Also, and most importantly MAKE SURE you have a reservation before even thinking about coming. (This may mean 2wks+ prior planning). Although I went with a 4pm reservation booked a week in advance (evening times must be booked earlier) our party of 2's time was limited to 1 hour or to move to another location after being seated due to them needing the space. It's a small restaurant. But def worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, drinks excellentDevineDined on 9/3/2014I really liked the signature drink you guys had to offer, the food wasn't the best though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrittDined on 9/3/2014The food was okay, very american style food. The drinks were great and a lot of fun! Go during happy hour! Buy one get one goblet! Fun to try, I would probably have diabetes if I had them more then on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingAWESOMEDined on 9/2/2014I had always looked forward to going to the Sugar factory but once there, I wasn't quite satisfied. The seating was just too close to each other. The signiture burger was delicious but the banana split crepe was what I was looking forward to & it wasn't as great as I had thought it would be. The brownie was bland as was the crepe itself. The only thing that was good was the bananas since it was caramized. The mocha macchiato wasn't all that either except for it looking pretty. I guess I'll try other things if I ever go back next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Fun menu, fun concept. Only had dessert, which was good. Music a bit too loud and the back half of the dining room where we sat was not clean at all.Special Features:
- Cute but small1tryand1tryonlyDined on 9/1/2014I was quite shocked to see how small sugar factory was. Hard to get comfortable with someone always trying to get by. The goblets are the main reason we went there and we're not disappointed. Tasty and cute. Even though I had a burger, the breakfast looked amazing. My cousin had the pancakes and they melted in you mouth. Cute place, definitely make a reservation you could be waiting forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this!HungryHippoDined on 8/31/2014The food is pretty good but the drinks is what makes this place even more awesome.Special Features:
- great serviceVeganMomHispanicDined on 8/30/2014I have been wanting to go for a while, and my experience there was just awesome. The service from Chris (our waiter) was perfect. The food was great (I got the veggie burger) and the drinks were absolutely stunning. Thank you Sugar FactorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay...cityyDined on 8/29/2014Its way too crowded and loud.you bump into everyone and you cant get around without asking everyone to move their chairs in. If they are big? You stuck. The drinks explode sometimes and splatter everywhere. But the drinks are very good. Dont go on a busy weekend. I def. Think they need to make this place bigger.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good foodRonLDined on 8/29/2014The only negative is the lack of room. They cram in a lot of people. They prepared everything just right. The passion punch was a silly indulgence and was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointed6Dined on 8/29/2014When we arrived we got seated immediately and sat there for 25 minutes and No waiter(s) came to our table. We got up and left!!
- SWEET 16!Yummy1Dined on 8/28/2014We celebrated my daughters Sweet 16 at SUGAR FACTORY NYC and the experience was one that she will never forget. The service and attention to detail was excellent. Maro, party coordinator, Chris, manager and the service team were outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for drinks1sttimegoerDined on 8/27/2014This place overall is great for they drinks and the food is good too. They only problem is all this money they make they really need to expand. The restaurant it self is way too small and they get a lot of business. I shouldn't have to book my event months in advance to get the time slot I want. If they have more space(possibly a upstairs) the place would b better. Otherwise I still love the restaurant food and definitely they drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar factory reviewTinyDined on 8/26/2014The sugar factory is an amazing place to get the most unusual and fun drinks! The only bad part is the restaurant is tiny and even if you have a reservation you wait almost an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun time... but cut to shortrxstrDined on 8/25/2014I made a surprise late night reservation for my boyfriend and I, which turned out great. The location was rather small which was expected. The service was quick and efficient. Only down fall was we weren't warned of last call. So we only drank one drink. Leaving us feeling slightly jiped on the full experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceFoodfoodfoodDined on 8/25/2014I made a reservation for 4 and when my group arrived they had to stand outside reading the menus until I arrived. When we were being seated, the hostess thought it was a party of 5 and didn't want to let us sit until she realized she was counting herself in the party. It took a very very long time to be served or attended to. The food was boring and not that good and the drinks weren't what I envisioned for the hype going on about this place. We went during happy hour because my friend called to inquire about specials and they told her it was buy one drink get one free. When we asked for our second drink out server stayed it was actually half off goblets. Very dissappointed in the workers of the place. Not a happy customer.Special Features:
- SharkbaitDined on 8/24/2014Very accommodating staff, the hostess was very nice, and our server was great as well. Fun ambience, just super small. We sat outside and our table was at a pretty steep angle and everything was kind of leaning and sliding off. Plus they can't serve any alcoholic beverages in the outdoor seating area, but neighboring restaurants could. This seemed confusing and I think they should definitely change that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugary Sweet EveningSucker4Candy999Dined on 8/23/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at the sugar factory. I felt like a big kid when I walked in and saw the huge drums of candy. The bar was colorfully graced with drinks of all flavors! My drinks for the evening were lemon-head martini, blow pop martini and a passion punch goblet. Everything was insanely delicious. I felt like i had walked into a candy factor/ club dream that i never wanted to wake up from! Our server, Armando was the absolute best. He made our evening fantastic and unforgettable! Love the sugar factory and love Armando! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Drinks and Food!TimaBEatsDined on 8/23/2014I ordered the Ocean Blue which is a goblet styled drink decorated with blue shark gummy candies and dry ice to add smoke. I was very impressed by the presentation of my drink as well as the taste. The bartender I had was great and she worked quickly making many more drinks similar to mine. I ordered Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo for dinner and it was AMAZING! I would definitely return, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool and high energyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014It is TINY in here so make sure that you book. The service is quick and very friendly. The food is delicious and very well presented (but nothing very fancy) although I would have preferred some further description on the menus. Some of the cocktails neglected to explain what was in them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 5th anniversaryBratfaceDined on 8/23/2014We live in CT, but saw this place online. It is small in size and you are elbow to elbow, but that's the way it is. I enjoyed myself. The place is nice looking inside and out and my only no no is the woman's bathroom was like a sauna,so expect that. Food and drinks were great. Try the mac n cheese pops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BirthdaySugarSaturdayDined on 8/23/2014Sugar Factory is full of life. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. The waiter was very attentive and was a sweetheart all around. The seating area is very close and confine. I felt that my neighbor next to me, was also engaged in my conversation. The food is okay. The drinks are phenomenal and I can see why they would pay the price they ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasentRen2in2herselfDined on 8/23/2014Sugar Factory was ok even with reservation we still waited 30 mins for a table and they forgot to put in a food order so one of my guest was late on recieving her food They did deduct her food off the bill cause of late arrival ... Overall Nice Spot I will give them a second chance in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar RushSugarRushDined on 8/22/2014Just about everything was amazing, just a few glitches with the waitress, and my food wasn't anything to rave about. But all in all the drinks were the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overload!KaygeeDined on 8/22/2014Overall, it was a great experience at the Sugar Factory! Food was good and the goblets/ sweets were GREAT! It was sort of crowded, but that just shows how popular you guys are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar but not too sweetCsi220Dined on 8/22/2014It is quite smaller than expected. The ambiance not great aside from the drinks.. It was a decent night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeRerica22Dined on 8/21/2014I celebrated bringing in my 21st birthday at Sugsr Factory and it was great. Mike was hilarious and my waiter John was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibesSF11Dined on 8/21/2014Sugar Factory was full of good vibes! The music was great and it was a fun atmosphere. Definitely a hot spot and pricey but a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had a great time! Music choice was amazing although it was a little to loud. I couldn't hear my friends, we had to shout a lot. The food was amazing. Our drinks were amazing. It was a little small for my taste. Not good for large groups. Maybe 4 people at most. We had a reservation for 8pm and we were seated at 8pm. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would go back. Awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.