Sugar Factory Brasserie
46 Gansevoort St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sugar Factory Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sugarfactory.com/new-york-citys-meatpacking-district-0#
- Phone: (212) 414-8700
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sugar Factory Brasserie
Sugar Factory American Brasserie's first East Coast location will open this Spring in New York City's famed Meatpacking District at 46 Gansevoort St. The 3,000-square-foot eatery will offer an intimate dining room and retail space, complete with the sweet shop's signature items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sugar Factory Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (180)hot spot (130)good for groups (122)vibrant bar scene (96)late-night find (91)great for lunch (88)kid-friendly (78)great for brunch (76)neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (60)romantic (42)great for outdoor dining (26)scenic view (15)notable wine list (8)Show More
- An amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014For my 21st birthday a group of friends and I planned out for a little over 6 months to go to the sugar factory to celebrate. We had the best waiter, his name is Doug. He exceeded all of our expectations with his outgoing personality and his awesome recommendations!! Doug definitely made my birthday awesome. The lollipop passion goblet was out of this world! I am coming back just for that. Over all, the night was spectacular and I will suggest this hotSpot to any one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Those 60 ounce drinks, the bomb , great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique sweetsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014It was like a kid in the candy store. Candy store upfront and bar to your right. Drinks were fun and exciting. Highly recommend the peace love and harmonie delicious soft rose taste plays with your taste buds. I just wish that all the drinks were available in different size to be able to experience. More. The Mac n chez poppers with the vodka sauce I believe were plump and moist definitely recommend them. The mai tai was good I've had better I would have preferred the peace love and harmonie in goblet size. Either way still interested in trying their other drinks. Blue cheese burger was scrumptious. Even though we were there for dinner breakfast looked on point. Dessert was memorable and surprisingly perfect for my liking. We ordered the cheesecake strawberry overload which was overload but done just right. (Not a big fan of strawberry desserts) I felt like it could have been a little more lighting. I like to be able to see what I'm eating. Server was bland and uninteresting. Small spot so don't mind being all upin eeveryone's space and conversations but our neighbors ended up being fun. Overall the experience was good for food great on desserts and drinks and ambiance and service could use improvement. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014This place is best reserved for drinks and dessets. Honestly, the food wasn't that good and my friend agreed. HOWEVER... the drinks were fantastic. Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar Factory ReviewQuinnie1Dined on 11/22/2014I was not pleased with the hostess. I called and asked if a reservation was required, I was told no, but when I got there I was informed that they were not accepting walk-ins and shown the door. I went outside and checked the site and saw it was a reservation for 5PM, it was 4:52PM. Why didn't the hostess just put us in for 5PM reservation why did she turn me away. That is bad service, but the waiter made up for the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful place but no spacejazzy1609Dined on 11/18/2014Great customer service , food and drinks are good however there is no space to move around very confine especially when you have a large partySpecial Features:
- Cramped, but Good FoodgskpbondDined on 11/15/2014The food here is pretty good, but wish the menu was a little larger. The milk shakes are phenomenal. I had the Bleu Cheeseburger with Bacon which was good, but the amount of cheese was a little overwhelming for my taste. The restaurant itself is extremely crowded, more for a younger crowd,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014First i will start by saying i was 15 minutes late & i will now say that i informed them of this beforehand due to the fact that i was stuck in traffic coming from long island. One of my friends arrived before me & was told the whole party had to be there in order to be seated, thats fair, & she was told not to worry they would save our table. I get there & give them my information & they say there will be about a 15 minute wait for the table, the place is so small so they dont have many tables & there were three large groups so the tables were pushed together. There is no waiting area besides the bar but since the place is small there weren't many seats at the bar either. Eventually i waited half an hour before i finally asked them after seeing a group who came in after me being seated & one girl said they were only seating people with reservations at which time i said i have a reservation so i don't understand & she started to stutter over her words a bit as though she was thinking up a lie so i just left it alone & decided if i wasn't seated soon i would leave because there was no point in making a reservation & them saying they would save the table when i had to wait an hour to be seated. That was just the beginning. The waitress was rude in the sense that she would ignore us & she would walk away before we could even ask her anything. When my friend asked her opinion on the drinks she just stared at her instead of saying she didnt want to answer if that was the case. The food was ok i had the bleu cheese bacon burger but personally i didnt enjoy it because it was actual bleu cheese & not the dressing which i expected so that was on me. But my red velvet cake was still frozen when she gave it to me but at that point i was ready to go so i ate it without complaint. The drink i got was the white gummies & i must say it was not as good as it looked but for $36 i made sure to drink it.Special Features:
- Small but mighty!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014I loved this experience. This place is definitely one that you could bring a group of friends to but it is perfect for a date or spur of the moment lunch/dinner with a friend. I did not have a clue how tiny this restaurant would be but my friend and I had a blast. If you are claustrophobic I wouldn't recommend this restaurant but it is young, fun and the drinks are great. WARNING: the goblet had 9 shots in it so beware if you are ordering one for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful PlaceYummyDined on 11/13/2014This was my first time at the Sugar Factory and it was with five other ladies. We loved the had the appetizers ( chicken fingers, popcorn shrimp, macaroni pops ) they was all good. We really wanted to try the drinks. Me, Tricia and Priscilla had the Lollipop drink and it was so good but i could not finish it. Sam, Qua, Tia had the Energy drink and they said they loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a await but.....KelcieDined on 11/12/2014The wait was was a bit long, despite having having a reservation, but once we were seated our server was very attentive. The place has a very clubby atmosphere which makes it fun - but it might not be for everyone. The smoking goblet got a little crazy and spilled all over the table (and my date) but it was all part of the fun. The food was excellent and the variety was pretty large. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Great place to take teens. The meatpacking district is very cool and there is a great deal to walk around and see, even at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesLaredivaDined on 11/10/2014We had lunch here for out 13 year olds first time in NYC. She is a sugar addict, lived the place, spent way too much money in the candy shop on Couture poos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I've been itching to go here for quite awhile and now I have! We were seated within minutes of our arrival for our reservation (table of 3). The only issue I had with the whole experience is that our table really should have been set for 4, given the amount of space needed for all our glasses and dishes. They had a very small 2 seater table next to us in the corner and tried 2 times (unsuccessfully) to sit people there. No one wants to climb over other diners to be crammed into a corner. They really should have let us combine the tables together and just lose out on 1 person - what's the big deal? Other than that, the food was great and the service was good for a busy Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pancakes everKLomaxDined on 11/6/2014This is a great little place in the Meat Packing District. We all enjoyed our food but one of us got pancakes (for dinner) and they were the best we've ever had. Desserts and milkshakes were great. They have really fun drinks that can be served regular or virgin for the kids. It's also a very nice area to walk around.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLove2dine2014Dined on 11/4/2014I came here with my boyfriend for our four year anniversary and we had an amazing time. It was both our first time coming here and the experience was amazing. The drinks were amazing, the food was really good, and the vibe inside was just fun. I would definitely go here again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2014This spot is a gem and I'd go again with friends I went with my family and they sung happy birthday to my 2 year old. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good place trendyGalaDined on 11/3/2014Like it all very unusual drinks very good for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Very nice for birthday brunchJMBR608Dined on 11/1/2014Had a great time at SFB this past Saturday. Reservations are hard to come by and the reason is not just the food. The place is on the small side, but it doesn't detract from the ambiance. It has a nice, fun, neighborhood feel. Worth a visit. Will come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !EmpiregirlDined on 11/1/2014I read so many mixed reviews about the resturant but I didn't let that stop me from experiencing for myself. One of the major things I kept seeing in reviews was the waiting time even with a reservation. I must say my experience was nothing short of memorable! My boyfriend and I had a 1:00am reservation on Halloween night, when we came Into the Bar it was packed! The hostesses were SO sweet and cheerful the moment we walked through the door even in the midst of the chaos. To make a long story short we were seated on time ( got there on 12:50am and was seated at 1:00) by 1:15 we each had our food ( which was great! I had a pasta my bf Had their burgers with fries) our waiter was very quick and attentive overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected a bit more .LexyDined on 10/27/2014To start, I have to say overall I had a good time. The drinks were good, the food was mediocre and the service was great. The place is small, so everyone's on too of each other, and that's one of the main things I did not care for about the place . I went on a Monday which is better than going on a Saturday because it's so packed it's hard to even stand next to another person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got to try it!CTlovesNYCDined on 10/25/2014Went with my husband for his birthday lunch but should have saved it for a girl's day . We wanted see dine alfresco but alcohol is not served outside so we opted for indoors. Tables are very close together and you're dining with the guests all around ....don't plan on a romantic setting or want to have a private conversation! The noise level was extremely high, people were trying to compensate by shouting....not good! Fun & delicious drinks, wait staff very nice. We had burgers for lunch which were made well & served hot! Wish we saved room for dessert.....maybe next time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME EXPERIENCEShaBDined on 10/24/2014My first time experience at The Sugar Factory was great! Me & four of my friends went for a ladies night out. We arrived about a half hour early & our reservation was honored in a timely manner! The staff was very energized & friendly!! The only thing that is a downside is the space. It's kind of small then I thought it'd be. But other then that, it's great vibes, great food, great drinks, & a great time! A bit pricey BUT we'll worth it! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectTarek831Dined on 10/24/2014Food's always amazing but the wait time even with reservations was almost an hour. Worth every minute as the food is consistently great but their ability to seat leaves something to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the drinks!Horizon426Dined on 10/23/2014All of the candy Flavors were fun and perfect for a girl's night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i didnt like this placepoopieDined on 10/23/2014We had a reservation at 9 didn't get seated till almost 1030. The drinks are made so strong u can't even drink them. It's so small and crowdedSpecial Features:
- JennDined on 10/20/2014My birthday this year was amazing .. this restaurant was a new experience and id definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday SpotJennDined on 10/20/2014It was everyone's birthday here! My night was truly special. I enjoyed the food, including the red velvet cake. The Jolly Rancher drink was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the happening birthday spotfendjDined on 10/19/2014Went for a friend's birthday... was serviced immediately...food was good ..as well as service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think about itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Reservations were a waste I still had to wait an hour since it's sooooo smallSpecial Features:
- Not what I expectedbb86Dined on 10/18/2014Looking at the pictures on the website, I was expecting something a lot better as far decor.Special Features:
- just a suggestionfoodieDined on 10/17/2014I think that sugar factory in NY needs to expand to fit more people and give diners space when eating. My friend and I were way to close to people who were trying to enjoy a nice date as well as the other way around. At times the noise level was obnoxious. Other than that, the drinks and food were amazing and service was prompt. I would definitely come back but maybe at a less busy time of daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAwesomeDined on 10/16/2014The drinks were awesome and the food was great. The bartenders were hot, friendly, and aimed to please. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionDamek0MascaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Everything was amazing. So much sugar. Going in the middle of the week is nice because it's a little quieter. It is cramped in there so don't bring anything bulky with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceMT12Dined on 10/15/2014Food was good but the drinks are just the BEST!! If you like sweet drinks this is the place for you! Plus the service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Went for my 22nd birthday and I couldn't be more happier! Watching the goblets being made and poured in front of me was so awesome and when went during happy hour which was wonderful. My only problem was the mamager that came in a shift change. The first one said we could keep my goblet due to bring my birthday and then the other said its used as a weapon so I can't have it but I could buy a new one for 20 bucks. Didn't make any sense but my boyfriend paid for it anyways and they got me a new one. All in all a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N8erDined on 10/14/2014Food was great. The goblets drinks are fun however you really don't taste any alcohol in them. They should be stronger epically since it cost 36. Overall great fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was goodSweetNikDined on 10/12/2014It's for the adults who refuses to grow up but great for children! It's a bit small but welcoming! The great place to get a turkey burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummykelliraegDined on 10/11/2014We had brunch and dessert. It was fabulous. The milkshake was a little thin. But our entrees were tasty and we had chocolate fondue which was to die for.Special Features:
- Great DrinksbirthdayDined on 10/10/2014I love the drinks and that's mostly why I go. It's a little noisy and the bar area is not big enough for the bar patrons so they spill over into the dining area making it impossible to hear without yelling. Good for partying but not a quiet romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.