Sugar Factory Brasserie
46 Gansevoort St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sugar Factory Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sugarfactory.com/new-york-citys-meatpacking-district-0#
- Phone: 2124148700x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sugar Factory Brasserie
Sugar Factory American Brasserie's first East Coast location will open this Spring in New York City's famed Meatpacking District at 46 Gansevoort St. The 3,000-square-foot eatery will offer an intimate dining room and retail space, complete with the sweet shop's signature items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sugar Factory Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (188)hot spot (137)good for groups (113)vibrant bar scene (91)great for lunch (90)late-night find (85)great for brunch (78)kid-friendly (74)neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (60)romantic (47)great for outdoor dining (31)scenic view (12)notable wine list (7)Show More
- just a suggestionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I think that sugar factory in NY needs to expand to fit more people and give diners space when eating. My friend and I were way to close to people who were trying to enjoy a nice date as well as the other way around. At times the noise level was obnoxious. Other than that, the drinks and food were amazing and service was prompt. I would definitely come back but maybe at a less busy time of daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The drinks were awesome and the food was great. The bartenders were hot, friendly, and aimed to please. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionDamek0MascaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Everything was amazing. So much sugar. Going in the middle of the week is nice because it's a little quieter. It is cramped in there so don't bring anything bulky with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Food was good but the drinks are just the BEST!! If you like sweet drinks this is the place for you! Plus the service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Went for my 22nd birthday and I couldn't be more happier! Watching the goblets being made and poured in front of me was so awesome and when went during happy hour which was wonderful. My only problem was the mamager that came in a shift change. The first one said we could keep my goblet due to bring my birthday and then the other said its used as a weapon so I can't have it but I could buy a new one for 20 bucks. Didn't make any sense but my boyfriend paid for it anyways and they got me a new one. All in all a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Food was great. The goblets drinks are fun however you really don't taste any alcohol in them. They should be stronger epically since it cost 36. Overall great fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was goodSweetNikDined on 10/12/2014It's for the adults who refuses to grow up but great for children! It's a bit small but welcoming! The great place to get a turkey burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummykelliraegDined on 10/11/2014We had brunch and dessert. It was fabulous. The milkshake was a little thin. But our entrees were tasty and we had chocolate fondue which was to die for.Special Features:
- Great DrinksbirthdayDined on 10/10/2014I love the drinks and that's mostly why I go. It's a little noisy and the bar area is not big enough for the bar patrons so they spill over into the dining area making it impossible to hear without yelling. Good for partying but not a quiet romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday eventIamJanisDined on 10/8/2014The drinks were awesome! That was the only best part. My red velvet cake taste pretty good. I love the surprised. But the food taste horrible. The only good think is the appetizer. Never again! Lol I will only go for the big drinks. Sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for getting wasted :-)FirsttimeFanDined on 10/6/2014Took my daughter and friends here for her 21 st birthday and she loved it! Would definitely recommend for kids(candy lovers)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dry food, poor service, a dud!mandmDined on 10/6/2014We were so excited for a birthday dinner here and were so disappointed when we got there. Place is very small, which is fine - this is NYC, but your neighboring patrons are inches away. There were kids parties right next to the bar. They couldn't put our drinks from the bar on our dinner tab, so we had to close out our check before we could be seated. Then we got served the driest steak and turkey burger you can imagine. I ordered a medium steak and this steak was severely over done.The worst part was a slice of red velvet cake that had clearly been frozen before and tasted as dry as crackers. Not to mention we had to flag down our waitress anytime we wanted service as she was not checking on us. BTW, $5 charge for the birthday sparkler.
- Perfect.foodmomDined on 10/4/2014We had a ton of fun! The drinks were all delicious and even though we were a large party, service was wonderful and the manager very accommodating. It's hard to find places like this in NY were even restaurants live the fast paced rushed life. Not here, I felt like I was in the south again with the great hospitality. This truly made my daughters birthday special.Special Features:
- amanda16Dined on 10/4/2014Very small place, so make reservations. Very nice staff and accommodating.Special Features:
- Good time but what happened?SocialladyDined on 9/30/2014Had a great time with friends. However, I made reservations on open table for 8 and when I got there they told me it was ony for 3. Thankfully enough it wasn't a busy night and they were able to accommodate us but what gives?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatanonymousDined on 9/29/2014Loved the setting of the restaurant food and drinks as well as the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitDulceDined on 9/27/2014The staff was horrible found a mosquito on my drink the wait with a reservation was longSpecial Features:
- excellent restaurant.MrcardDined on 9/27/2014Loved the restaurant, the service as exceptional and our server was very polite and helpful.I would recommend this restaurant to anybody, because it's wonderful and the drinks was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Run Birthday LunchluvnycVIPDined on 9/27/2014Took adults and 7 year olds. The King Kong sundae really rocked birthday girl's world and her friends. The service was really outstanding. Hostess and wait staff did a great job to make lunch smooth and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLadiesNightDined on 9/26/2014The place was nice. Was a little late being seated for our reservation, even though we arrived 20 minutes before. All was well, except for my friends tuna melt she did not enjoy! The drinks were awesome, the waiter was cool. We did not have to wait long for our food and drinks. Other than the place being tiny, we really did enjoy ourselves! Oh cant forget the lil candy display, lol nice! We had fun..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE SERVICE! !!trustmeDined on 9/25/2014Our waiter Gwen was so rude!!!!! It took her 15 minutes to even greet us. When she finally made it, she brought water and said "WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?" I was already upset thay she took so long getting to us. I told her I wasn't ready. She said "come get me when you are." ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! She decided to come back 20 minutes later I told her it was my sister's birthday, she said "oh ok, what did you want to eat?" By that time i adked to be moved to a different section away from GWEN! !! She made our experience very bad!!!! Totally messed my sisters birthday dinner up!Special Features:
- Great but small!Smilez24Dined on 9/24/2014Came here for my birthday and I enjoyed myself! The food was great, the drinks were amazing, the whole presentation was awesome. The downside tho, it's soo small! The place was packed on a Wednesday so my party and I were forced to sit at the bar. Which wasn't bad, still full menu there. I just wish this place was bigger. And next time around I know to share one of their huge drinks with a friend lol! (I had the lollipop one)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow.. That's all I have to say.sugar95Dined on 9/23/2014Wow! Just amazing. I took my mom here for her birthday it was both our first time and it was nothing but an amazing time. I can't even describe it but wow the people at the sugar factory really know what they're doing! Thanks for such a wonderful time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly SmallEdiggahDined on 9/23/2014So I heard about this place from a friend of a friend. Made reservations a month in advance. Arrived at the spot and it was small... Shockingly small. Went with it cause I made reservations. Sat... Ordered.... Drinks were 🔥🔥🔥🔥 FIRE and the food was on point. Service made up for the place being small as your server was very attentive to your needs. Recommended it while I was there to a group that was searching for a new spot and will be going back ASAP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did get my pointsbajansweetsDined on 9/22/2014Both times I visited they make u Wait more than an hour even if u have a reservation. Then the don't even check u inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceGigiDined on 9/21/2014Went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary. From the very beginning this place was amazing. The service was outstanding. As soon as we walked in we were greeted and were seated 10minutes after our arrival since we did arrive 20 minutes prior to our reservation time. The staff was very accommodating as we asked to be seated in a more private area. The waitress, Noel, was very sweet and attentive. She even placed a candle on our dessert to commemorate our anniversary. The food was good and the drinks were great. Overall, this was an amazing experience and we definitely look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Amazing!theatregirl14Dined on 9/21/2014The food and drinks were absolutely delicious! The Sugar Factory is great for a night out on the town. It's very noisy so if you're looking for an intimate quiet spot I do not recommend it but if you're looking for a great night out I highly suggest it! Service was great and all of the staff there is extremely friendly and accommodating. I'm definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Wow!findneshaDined on 9/20/2014My girls and I had a ball! We went there for their signature goblet drinks which did not disappoint. The food was great, the atmosphere was great and the service was even better. We had a 2:30 pm reservation but got there a little early and they were able to seat us right away. I will definitely be going back...soon!Special Features:
- Dont be fooled by their webby hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The drinks are not 60oz as advertised on their website. Definately only about 30 oz n its not even capable of getting you close enough to drunk. The food is okay, but very expensive, just stick to the signature burger you should be full for your $16. Wouldn't go back its so small and tight, no elbow room at all.Special Features:
- A Very Sweet Experience!moodyfoodyVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went to the Sugar Factory for dessert after seeing a Broadway show - around 11:00 PM on a Thursday. The place was still bustling. Although we were very tempted by the phenomenal looking drinks (expensive - built for sharing) in the giant goblets (fabulous colors - smoking - gummies and lollies pouring out), we opted to share one of the amazing sounding sundaes instead ... and it was truly amazing. This place is really adorable - with great attention to creativity, detail, and supreme service. What a fun experience!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar factory was funFunwithfriendsDined on 9/15/2014We had a small birthday celebration here and overall we all had a great time! My only complaint would be that they wouldn't seat us at our reserved table until our full party had arrived. Being that the place is really small we were at bit uncomfortable standing at the bar. Burgers were great as we're the really cool drinks! We will definitely be planning another trip soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lollipop goblet & buffalo sandwichChrisDined on 9/15/2014Man oh man. The buffalo chicken sandwich I had here was SLAMMING. The 60oz lollipop goblet was also very good! Great place will 100% be going again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBirthdayLoveDined on 9/14/2014I took my husband for his birthday to the Sugar Factory and we enjoyed the food. The only thing that I didn't like was I told our waiter it was my husbands birthday and I guess he forgot because they didn't come out to sing for him. Aside from that everything else was great. Would def go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar, come for birthdayslbovVIPDined on 9/14/2014Make sure to book a reservation because you will otherwise wait hours to get in. The cocktails are very creative and filled with candy deliciousness. If you are there for a birthday with a large group of people, I highly recommend ordering the "King Kong": 24 scoops of ice cream, cookie, lollipop and berry wonderland with giant sparklers. Would definitely go back for a celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablePerfectforBirthdaysDined on 9/13/2014I celebrated my 24th Birthday at the Sugar Factory on a Saturday night and I must say I enjoyed myself. The vibe was so great and the workers were so were so welcoming. Though its small I cant say I was uncomfortable. Even the man in the front (African) who checked IDs was very nice, he made us laugh while we were waiting for my whole party to arrive. I've heard terrible things about the Sugar Factory about the wait, the service, etc but I have to disagree with all the negativity. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Sugar Factory wasnt so Sweet!SophiaNicole1130Dined on 9/12/2014I made reservations and when I walked in the hostess was wonderful, she was beyond polite sat us doen and it was great. The place was absolutely adorable, then came the service. The waitress came, gave us the menu and rite away asked for us to order. We told her we just sat down, okay she left then came back. Took our orders, food came out.. And she never ever return to our table. I am to ask a bus boy for my check, refills, napkins, utensil etc. she was pleasant or friendly at all. The good wasnt great, the drinks were. The service suchs big time and i wouldnt recomment anyone there unless you're goin to be by the bar having drinks ONLY.Special Features:
- Great for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was one of the best birthdays I've had. Sugar factory has great food and even better drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinksTatsDined on 9/11/2014The martinis are great and so are the goblets. The shrimp and burger were to salty, the crepe was a lil tough. Our waiter was great, the music was good, and the seating is def a bit tight. Def Gona come back for the drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE SUGAR FACTORYMISSPRISSY89Dined on 9/10/2014THEY COULD MAKE IT BIGGER BECAUSE IT GETS VERY PACKED BUT OVERALL THE FOOD AND DRINKS ARE AMAZING A BIT PRICEY BUT I WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YO! let me tell you about this spotSBgotdasweettoothDined on 9/10/2014The food was great, wife loved the fries and shrimp appetizers. The drinks were superb, the quantity and quality as well. The entree was also delicious. The management was cool and friendly(shouting out Mike), and waitresses were equally friendly and gorgeous. The setting was very vibrant and colorful with the candy bar in the entrance,making the sugar factory able to activate any sweet tooth. Though the sugar factory was a night out well spent, I think areas to grow in are,working on priority seating for reservation makers and giving more spacious tables to accommodate meals for smaller parties. Another suggestion is more diverse music and maybe a bigger venue that has a dance area, so you can eat, drink and party all in one area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.