1400 Eureka Road
Roseville, CA 95661Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://suede-blue.com/
- Phone: 916-782-5525
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Only: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brian Hawkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The finest savory seafood and steaks in Roseville. We offer a wide selection of mouthwatering entrees including lobster, fresh fish, hand cut prime new York’s, prime rib, filet mignon, shellfish and lamb in a warm inviting American decor, with vaulted ceilings and casual atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Jolyn Hughes 9167825525
A word from Suede Blue
Suede Blue is the finest steaks matched with the freshest seafood. All of our steaks are served with your choice of potato. We also feature Berkshire Pork chops, Australian Rack of lamb to local free range chicken. Then we move into the Blue section of our menu featuring the famous Seafood tower with Lobster, shrimp, oysters and Snow Crab. In addition every night we feature 4 fresh fish dishes with items like Hawaiian Swordfish, Sea bass, Ahi Tuna and many more. Chef Brian Hawkins explores the vendors for the freshest fish on the market. No meal is complete without a Chocolate Lava Cake or home made Crème Brulee with one of your favorite ports or after dinner drinks. Don't miss the Saphire lounge for a cocktail before or after dinner with happy hour Monday - Friday from 3-7pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Suede Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Yummy!mimimama46Dined on 7/12/2014Fabulous food,service, presentation,and general ambience. Don't know what those negative reviews are all about. Manager even came out to talk to us. Rib eye steak to die for, very big. You will enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/8/2014Our table of two was the only table at noon, at 12:30 there were a few more tables. It was just about empty. Food was fair and service was slow. We will not return.Special Features:
- sweetnelDined on 7/1/2014Our waiter was very nice but was not at all effecient. I had checked online for a restaurant that serves australian lobster tail and online menu said they did but they didn't. I asked the waiter about it and he said they only serve Maine lobster from Alaska ( kinda made me wonder )and they only had one of those( again kinda made me wonder). I asked if I ordered it could it please be broiled and he said certainly but it was steamed and tastless. Wanted a frozen margarita but he said they don't have a blender so I settled for on the rocks and it took 20 minutes to get it . Had to ask for bread and butter.I expected much better food and service . A hundred and twenty bucks for 2 people ain't cheap.
- Loved the food and ambienceNellieDined on 6/15/2014Would definitely return great find - we really enjoyed ourselves - the food was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of our favoritesNateVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day. My wife had the sirloin special and I had the porterhouse special. Both cuts of meat were cooked to perfection. Homero G. was our waiter and did a great job. Strange they had to use an old fashion credit card slip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the ice teaMergerGuyVIPDined on 6/13/2014I conduct business luncheons here on a regular basis and since all parties will be going back to work, ice tea is a staple for the lunch drink. I about fell out of my seat when Jake told me that they didn't have any ice tea. Has anyone ever heard of that???
- The following 659 reviews are from the Suede Blue reviews archive.
- best filet mignonalexDined on 5/31/2014had the filet pasta and the suede blue. both were delicious! definitely coming back.Special Features:
- DonaldisdiningDined on 5/28/2014It was our anniversary and they made it very special! We haven't been there for a while and now it is on our list to go again next week for my birthday! I love the old style service from start to finish! I felt like we had actually been somewhere! We eat out all the time, but I can't say "Man, that was really nice", we have only just gotten a lunch or meal out! This is a place that you would be proud to take a special friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwelming ...SeansRobotsVIPDined on 5/20/2014Based on the website / physical decor / menu, i was looking forward to an excellent steak dinner (especially since the subtitle includes 'fine meat') but after terribly slow service and a less than stellar steak, i left disappointed by the overall experience.
- Nice place for a special night out!RudyTDined on 5/18/2014It was a very quiet Sunday evening after mothrer's Day weekend, but we enjoyed the a great meal at Suede Blue after all of the crowds. The service was attentive and the food was great for the price. My swordfish was delicious and beautifully presented and my wife's ahi was perfect and also a delight to look at. The beet salad we shared was very good and finishing the evening with a chocolate genache cake and raspberry sauce could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DebacleSpinFoodieDined on 5/11/2014First the hostess could not find my reservation. We were seated and the server told us that he would have water and bread sent. He never came back and asked us if we wanted anything to drink. We had to ask for water each time we drain out glasses. We ate of bread for 45 minutes until the lobster mac and cheese appetizer came out luke warm at best and it was totally unseasoned. After an hour our food came out, the plates were warm but three of the four meals were cold. My daughter's fries were hot but totally overcooked. I asked to speak with the manager but he/she never came. The server took the food back and brought it back warm which was better but not great. At the end of the meal the server asked is he could buy us desert - I passed.
- Poor service,foodUpsetDined on 5/11/2014I had a rev.at 5;30 on May 11. As a party of 3 we arrived at 5;20,were seated right away. We were offered drinks,bread came but on dish to put the bread on.We then had to ask for silver ware.We placed our order and were served at about 6;30.There was one order of sea bass,great.One order of prime rib,half fat.One order of rib eye which was cold tough.We had it boxed and gave it to our dogs. We asked for our bill and it was about 10 min.later the bill came,another 5min. to pay. C.W.GrrenSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Making the reservation online was easy and convenient. We were seated immediately, and our server was prompt to take our drink and food orders. The half-order of Strawberry salad was cold, and very good. Our entree was reasonalbly warm, and attractively presented. The vegetables were supposed to be mixed, but I got two green beans, a lot of onions, and no carrots at all. My spouse had carrots, 3 or 4 green beans, and no onions at all. It was all sauted...barely. I like crisp vegetables, but these were pretty raw. The filet was to be cooked to medium rare...it was a little redder than I expected, but was still very tender and tastey. The balsamic reduction on the mashed potatoes was execellent. Strawberry shortcake dessert was fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Our first time at Suede Blue for a last minute reservation for Mother's Day Brunch--everything was lovely. Service by everyone was very friendly and quick. My husband appreciated being able to order from the regular menu while our mother and myself loved the brunch offering. The food was quite tasty and not skimpy served in an elegant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring plenty of cashStrangeDined on 5/10/2014They don't accept all major credit cards. This seems unusual for a fine dinning establishment. I complained and wanted to speak to a manager. I was told that the manager was at their sister store. Very strange.
- One of our favoritesmstefanDined on 4/25/2014The first time we dined at Suede Blue we feel in love with it. The food is consistently outstanding and the wait staff is attentive and pleasant. The dining area is private and romantic but can also be set up to accommodate larger parties. The small outdoor patio has a few tables for dining. It also has chairs, sofas and coffee tables to provide a nice and intimate lounge atmosphere when local jazz artists and duos perform on weekend evenings. Dinner on the patio followed by a a glass of wine or two while enjoying wonderful quiet live jazz artists at Suede Blue is our local choice for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DinnerJkrich49Dined on 4/25/2014We made a quick reservation on a Friday night.The back dining room was quiet. Nice white linen booth. We both had filet & lobster cooked was cooked perfect, though the bleu cheese crust on the filet was gooey, but easily removed. The wine list was pricey, but an order by the glass comes in a small carafe enough for 2 glasses.The bar is really loud on Friday nights, maybe a TGIF crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very CloseTime2dineDined on 4/17/2014First off, the "star" system that OpenTable puts out is not the same as the one the New York Times uses. There are no real solid four star restaurants in the Sacramento area, but there are some real excellent ones, and Blue Sued is one of them. In New York, or Los Angeles Blue Sued would be a solid three star restaurant; and that's excellent. The Prime Rib was was top quality, as well as the au gratin potatoes. The one thing that keeps Blue sued from breaking from the three star level is that I could, and have, made everything I had at home. The price reflects that; moderately high prices for high quality food. Well worth it. The service was good, but maybe the staff could have been a little better informed about the menu.Special Features:
- We had a great time. We werePureparadiseDined on 4/12/2014We had a great time. We were there got my bday dinner had a wonderful and prompt waitress. My food was perfect to my satisfaction. I will return to dine here again.Special Features:
- Love it.JadeVIPDined on 4/4/2014One of our favorite resturants. Treated like family.Special Features:
- creative food pairingsjulesDined on 3/31/2014never lets you down-food is always hot and fantastic-prices are high, but well worth it-ambience is spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So GoodDebbyDined on 3/23/2014I took my husband to a birthday dinner with my daughter and her family. We were seated immediately. However, we did get any service for 5 minutes. Then we finally got water, but no server yet. About 10 min later finally, the server came and made excuses for there not being enough help. Our order was taken. We waited 40 minutes. And when then food arrived it was served to one person, then we waited and another dish came out and waited and so on, it took five times for the server to bring the food. Maybe it was an off night, but it was not an experience I would want to repeat.
- Special Occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014I Was very pleased with the food, especially the Brie and the whipped mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceTeamDennisDined on 3/8/2014Our service was poor, had to wait a long time for our app. We never seen our waiter, just the bus boy, who pretty much handled everything at our table. Order cake and pie slices and had to wait about 30 mins until we were served. Wouldn't recommend this place to anybody. Over priced for average food.
- Everyone LOVED their mealsBelleDined on 3/8/2014There were 4 people in our party and we all ordered different things. My husband had the Prime Ribe and said it was the best he'd every had. Our friends had Filet and Prawns stuffed with Crab and had the same comment. I ordered the Salmon and it was outstanding. The service was excellent also. Will return again.Special Features:
- Food good, service fairjujubeezDined on 3/5/2014I took my boyfriend to Suede Blue for his birthday. Food was good; his rib eye was perfectly cooked and very tender. My sea bass was covered in a sweet sauce that totally overwhelmed the taste of the fish, although it was perfectly cooked and a substantial portion. After I ordered a glass of wine, the waiter never asked my boyfriend if he wanted anything to drink. I had to prompt the waiter that boyfriend would like a coke. I put comments on my reservation that this was a birthday celebration believing that the restaurant would be aware and perhaps acknowledged this occasion. We did order dessert, but waiter never mentioned the birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately it was a completeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Unfortunately it was a complete diappointment. Service was horriable. My husband sat with his plate in front of him for 15 min while they forgot me food. An all around back experience. Do not go here if you want a relaxing date night.
- Crusted salmon was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/25/2014Crusted salmon was excellent. Our server was courteous and knowledgeable. Tables had clean white linen and private booths. No bread was served.Special Features:
- Missed by a MileOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014Our expectations were for a romantic dinner for two, a fine bottle of wine, steak and seafood. What we got was a wine list that was out-of-date; of the three bottles selected, none were the vintage listed on the list; a ’09 Cab was requested, and a ’11 was brought to the table (twice). The front end of the restaurant was very young and inexperienced, but very willing to please. During our dinner, four wait staff proceeded to build a table for 10 in the middle of the dinner area, and set a noisy group of eight in the middle of the room; an area where 6 couples were dinning peacefully; unforgivable. The food was excellent and very professionally prepared, but again the experience was deflated by the lack of luster wait staff reaching over the
- Memorable eveningBHicksDined on 2/22/2014Suede Blue is meant for small groups. We had a group of six and they only had accomidations for 2, 4 and 8. It was a bit awkward but we managed. The manager and waiter were superb! Food was excellent although the shrimp bisque was more of a gravy that bisque. Everyone who had steak enjoyed their dinners and those of us with fish thoroughly enjoyed ours. Ambiance was attractive and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suede Blue is a place to pursue!!love2eatatspecialplacesDined on 2/17/2014Had a wonderful 58th Anniversary dinner and cocktails there, would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at best.WineguyDined on 2/16/2014Nice space but disappointing meal. Deconstructed wedge salad was uninspired and looked like it was plated by a five year old. Steaks were not seasoned and peppercorn sauce lacked flavor. Au gratin potatoes were Way too cheesy and the Hollandaise on the asparagus was broken, all sign of a lazy or unsupervised kitchen staff. Dessert was cold on inside, burned on outside, again a sign of kitchen staff that doesn't care.
- NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Worst experience ever! Do not waste your time, money, or energy on this place! Crush 29 is the better out of the 2 restaurants in this company.
- REDICULOUSLY POOR SERVICEsocializerDined on 2/15/2014Only two sets of silverware for 4, No salt and pepper, did not know what winery wines listed on their menu came from, served baked potato with no sour cream (though ordered). Served Steak with no steak sauce. Never came to ask how it was, or if we needed anything. We had to flag them down . Sent steak to pack in a doggy bag and it was never returned to the table. Allowed empty drinks and water glasses to sit for a long time. Dessert menu came with "we're out of the two best things on the menu". Took way too long to bring food. Even after the manager was notified, they never even tried to offer a comp to try to make it right. It was like it was no big deal. The staff at this place needs some serious customer service training.
- Cozy SwankMott342Dined on 2/15/2014I loved the feel here. Suede Blue manages to be a bit swanky while still remaining cozy. Very nice atmosphere and ambiance.Special Features:
- Considering that Valentine'sRobsDined on 2/15/2014Considering that Valentine's day was the night before our reservation and the restaurant was out of a couple of things, the staff handled that beautifully. We had a lovely appi, wonderful entree's and great drinks. We were very happy with the service, the staff is very warm and inviting. The food was not only pretty to look at but delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Bad!!!!outtohavefunDined on 2/14/2014What a calamity!! No one knows what's going on....we never got our appetizer after waiting over an hour - we Never got our salad after waiting an hour..(no bread either)..then finally our dinner arrived. Of course, when we ordered we told the waitress that we would like to enjoy our salad before our entree was brought out --- she said that was no problem. Then she came to the table to ask how our dinner was. She was completely oblivious to the fact that we had not been served our salad!! It was unbelievable....we told her how disappointed we were in the service. So here comes the manager.He makes so many excuses..told us the service was bad because they are college students not career people.BOTTOM LINE -DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!
- Huge DisappointmentChuckDined on 2/14/2014This was supposed to be a nice Valentine Celebration was disastrous! The service was totally lacking. This is Valentine Day, you need to figure out that it is going to be busy!!! Our waiter was ridiculously unable to handle just basic stuff. No bread, salad arrived with the meal and water glasses left unfilled. I saw the restaurant manager come into our dinner room and deal with two tables that were not happy and I can see why. I should have asked for him too. The food was decent, but the service ruined the entire experience. This restaurant is $$$, but the service is not on par. I cannot reccommend.
- Valentines Day Massacre relivedkahunaebDined on 2/14/2014Terrible hostess service - FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE SOOO IMPORTANT - ended up with my wife and I leaving the restaurant without even trying the food. MAnager was apologetic, but there is no way I would ever give this restaurant another chance to disappoint me again, no chance of going back period. Fortunately, High Steaks at Thunder Valley came to the rescue and our first Valentines Day as a married couple was not ruined!
- Valentine'sluv2golfDined on 2/14/2014We always go to Suede Blue with special friends on Valentines Day and other special occasions. Enjoy the restaurant, nice staff, great food, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.