373 Richmond Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://succotashri.com/
- Phone: 4012287222
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating with family and friends, or hosting a corporate event, Succotash's friendly and informed staff can accommodate all your Private Dining needs.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8557814337
A word from Succotash
Providence's newest and most desired brunch destination! Cafe, Bruncheonette & Bar with a Southern-style twist! Outdoor seating! Chef driven!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Succotash reviews from OpenTable diners
- mbidDined on 5/23/2014Good food, but terrible service. Our food took an hour and the waiter never even checked up on us, gave an explanation, or apologized.
- YummyVegan45GirlDined on 5/9/2014Read about this restaurant in the local paper. Being the only one in my family following a vegan lifestyle, it is often hard to find a restaurant that both my husband and I can find something to eat at. We found that place at Succotash. The food was very yummy, the waitstaff was friendly, helpful and the ambience was relaxing yet fun. We are excited to go back and try more of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Book Of Mormon mealShaneDined on 5/3/2014We had an early reservation, so it was not very busy. Our server was very attentive and timely with everything. The drinks and the food were extremely tasty. I feel as if the food prices are a bit high. Over half the bill was drinks, but a salad add chicken and a fried chicken sandwich should not be $40.00. I will go back for drinks and dinner in the future.Special Features:
- Leisurely LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2014First time at the restaurant, a little disappointed. The menu is limited. The noise level is equivalent to a dinner.Special Features:
- hopeful but let downAjmmdVIPDined on 3/26/2014after reading the review in ProJo I was hopeful for good Southern food but let down
- My experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014It was ok. The food wasnt that great, not alot of options on the menu either. It was pretty dead when i went, although it was dinner time. They just opened so that might be the reason. The service was gd workers there are very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Valentine's TreatmindeeDined on 2/14/2014Another fine dinner - we both ordered the specials - I had the salmon - my husband the pork - both perfectly seasoned and wonderful. This place really is a 'gem'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adventurous southern cuisineGingerDined on 1/28/2014I liked how the place played with traditional southern fare and created something new and fresh, Would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Brick chicken was delicious!!!MayraellenDined on 1/24/2014Brick chicken was delicious!!! Will definitely go back and get it again. Very cozy chic and cool beer selection. The warm sangria was not warm but a spiced winter sangria, again delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - Excellent Cocktails -So somindeeDined on 1/18/2014The catfish was perfectly cooked - fresh and light. The short ribs were melt in your mouth yummy. The polenta fries did not disappoint. The service was friendly. The only down side were the cocktails - just average - not great - not sure they are using top shelf as described. Will go back and probably stick to beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!FoodDivaVIPDined on 1/10/2014Unbeknownst to us, it was restaurant week, which was a wonderful surprise! It was our first time going to Succotash, and I had the opportunity to try several items! I thoroughly enjoyed the beef short rib over cheddar grits. I chose the Frickles which are fried dill pickles, couldn't have eaten that huge portion by myself, they were scrumptious! Cannot wait to try the brunch menu, if you haven't been, definitely give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went on a Friday night,debmDined on 1/10/2014We went on a Friday night, specifically because the special is Bourbon Flights. They were out of 2 of the bourbons on their list and a third one, they only had enough for 2 people. Altho there were very few people in the restaurant, our waitress was not very attentive. This was my 3d time there and will be my last. it's unfortunate, as it seemed to have a lot of potential . Every time I have been there, they were out of something significant on their menu.
- Succotash is Sufferin'LocalFellaDined on 1/8/2014Nice website, decent menu, attractive place - but the dinner experience was the pits. My group of about ten came for drinks, apps, a few entrees, and Trivia night. Trivia was canceled, because the place was mostly empty. I saw at least four waitstaff chatting, but the service was inattentive, uncoordinated, and just plain poor. $10 cocktails should be either delicious or strong - the three or four different drinks I tried were neither. We got an incorrect entrée and billed for soft drinks that never arrived. Several couples specifically asked for separate checks - they ignored us to combine and give themselves a generous gratuity. Then asked us to go through the receipt and tell *them* what we ordered, so they could "split" out the totals.
- Always almost rightCatherineprovVIPDined on 1/8/2014The service this time was great, was very nice and actually checked in and our food came out course by course. The sprouts and tasso ham with shrimp small plate is always good $9. This time we tried to $14 steak sandwich that wasnt edible. The sandwich looked as though it was thrown into the stale bread. I actually couldnt pick it up everything just fell out of the sandwich. The bread was so hard it couldnt really be pressed in to hold the ingredients. The bread seemed like restaurant depot quality. I know the lobster bendict is good here so I should have stuck with that. It seems micro managed here which for Providence doesnt work people like to see owners being involved. Look at Nicks. Gracies, Nuovo all owners are always whizzing around.
- Expensive diner foodLocalEngineerDined on 1/1/2014I love diner food,but theirs was way overpriced and not very good. The home fries tasted like just boiled potatoes. The pancake was undercooked. The fresh orange juice was very bitter. The coffee was served in half full paper soda cup that let it cool too quickly.
- wanted to give it 5 stars but...ajzfDined on 12/26/2013The menu is great, albeit a bit pricey. Taking the kids to breakfast and it was a $70 adventure. The food was lukewarm at best so I would recommend heating the plates before serving. It wasn't busy so it shouldn't have been the case of sitting in the window for too long. Loved the variety of breakfast choices I just wish the food was hotter and more affordable. Would like to take the hubby here but it's the last time I will take all the kids. Way too expensive for a family breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was adequate and servicepickyeaterDined on 11/23/2013food was adequate and service was very good.adequate food will not make it in the providence restaurant sceneI would recommend this to a friend.
- We meet with friends at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2013We meet with friends at least once per month. One person in the group picked this place. We all really enjoyed our evening, foods was great, service was great. Would I recommend this restaurant to others? II think anyone would enjoy their meal here!Special Features:
- Why I like SuccotashmelodypondDined on 11/16/2013I have been there for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner and never ordered the same thing twice. There is something for just about everyone, I am a fan of the Omelets, 13 Vegetable Ravioli, the Catfish, Salads and they make some of the best Sweet Potato Fries I have ever had . The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is mellow and fun, casual and warm with a cool vibe at the same time. Try the pumpkin spice martini or the wonderful peach bourbon old fashioned, either will warm you up nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Southern cooking in ProvidenceRob1764VIPDined on 11/14/2013Our visit was enjoyable.....We were seated promptly and our waitress was just wonderful. She was always smiley, she was attentive and very helpful regarding any questions we had. I had a mint lemonade martini...a bit sour for my taste, so I added some extra sugar... great.. My BF got the bourbon martini and he liked it very much. My BF had the chicken and waffles and it was very good. The batter was nicely seasoned and crispy. The waffle was a bit dry, but a good side for the fried chicken. It came with a nice side of watermelon pieces and sliced cucumbers. I had the sweet tea rubbed ribs with cajun rice. Very good. Nice tender, fall off the bone ribs with a spicy rice ( I eat spicy and this rice was very spicy!! but good and edible).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inspired food + reasonable pricespvdfoodloversDined on 11/10/2013we could not have enjoyed our food choices more on our first visit to succotash. this a great space for a urban cafe/bar/brunchery. our brunch? the egg white omelet , polenta sticks and the biscuits and gravy. the omelet was stuffed with fresh sautéed veggies and was mouth watering. next - polenta sticks - they were fine. the biscuits and gravy, now they were fantastic. i think the biscuits were toasted first which makes all the difference and the gravy was rich and totally worth the bazillion calories. but don't shy away - wow it's great! the service was enthusiastic. in short - a great new turn on a great old space. inspired menu and execution. we are excited to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencePLMBBDined on 11/8/2013We had a good experience. The food was good/average. The cocktails were good sized and well priced. Our server was very friendly and prompt. However, the hostess/manager kept coming over constantly and asking how things were, trying to start conversations with us while we were trying to dine (as a couple). The first time was appreciated when she asked us how everything was, but then she was a pest. And she was doing it to others dining as well. One pass at the cocktail service and then one visit mid-meal is enough for a check in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodFrankDined on 11/8/2013Had great time and food was fantastic. Tasty drinks as well. Menu was a kittle confusing with inclusion of all meals but no indication of what was available when except entrees are served after 2pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, will get better in timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2013Great atmosphere and easy parking. We didn't eat - the late menu really left something to be desired. But the drinks were good. And when you could get the staff's attention for a request (napkins, water, the bill etc) they were more than happy to help. I think it will get better over time. *We didn't eat there but are required by Open Table to rate the food. I went with a middle of the scale policy but please pay no mind to it. Again, we didn't eat there.*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong Drinks, Southern-style MenuTheGoodeOneVIPDined on 10/18/2013I had an amazing deal for Soccotash to get an appetizer, two entrees, and 2 drinks, so we decided to check the place out for dinner (I've heard great things about their breakfast too). The drinks are mostly bourbon centered, but there's a lot of different mixtures, and they were also very strong (which I like). I had the Pumpkin Cider Martini. For an appetizer, we got the Frickles (fried pickles), which were sooo good! Our entrees were the fried chicken and waffles and the Sweet Tea Rubbed Pork Ribs - both were delicious! I would definitely recommend going for a different menu and experience and will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service great food..CatherineprovVIPDined on 10/14/2013Never got our coffee until we had finished our meal... Our appetizer came out after our entree. Strange.. great food
- New place in townCatherineprovVIPDined on 10/6/2013as it's the new place In town and everyone wants to try it out. Bloody Mary this time with the added shrimp was about half the size it was before so it's not consistency they are looking for. Ordered my second drink and It never came. Service is awkward and lackluster .. I did see the owners walking around taking photos they should have asked how things were to tables. Staff needs some serious retraining we've had 3 different waitresses and all the same style. We will return bc it's in our neighborhood but please work on your staff and feed people drinks. It's brunchI would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is just terribleCatherineprovVIPDined on 9/29/2013There was 3 bartenders on so drinks should not have taken as long as they did. I heard the waitress telling the table next to us that the kitchen was buried so it would take a while. Strange. All hipster types working there who don't have much of work Desire. Kind of like oh sorry whatever attitude. With so many professional servers in providence how did they hire these people? So bad. Food was good but service needs a major re trainingI would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll admit, I didn't go inside,ponyDined on 9/29/2013I'll admit, I didn't go inside, but it was nice outdoor dining. Busy for brunch so it was good to have a reservation. Good Menu Options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping they work a little harderCatherineprovVIPDined on 9/28/2013It has so much potential. Really does the food is good almost great needs to work on some things. Firstly when ordering an app there should be time in between courses not have the food come out all at once. We basically didn't eat our app because all the food was already on the table and getting cold. The juice was good but for beets spinach and apple I was expecting a juice not a smoothie. The service is just terrible. Asked for share plates never got them. It was just too relaxed and everyone around was saying the same thing. Managers very nice. The food is good. The granola had 1 strawberry and 10 blueberries over a ton of yogurt. Lobster was good. Shrimp small plate was good but very very dry. Needed something else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service needs workNathanVIPDined on 9/14/2013Made the reservation and arrived 5 minutes early. Took them 20 minutes to seat us at a table outdoors that had been empty and set the entire time. Orders were taken and another 15 minutes passed before we were told they were actually out of both the items we ordered. Made another selection and about 30 minutes later the food arrived. Quality of the food was great and this place has promise, but they need to work on their organizational skills. The place was half empty but it seemed they were struggling to keep the tables served. Overall, great food if you have time but don't expect fast service.
- meh it was okay.chilechicDined on 9/14/2013Three friends and I went for brunch this past weekend; we were all first timers to Succotash. The place is cute and the vibe is good, they have some fun specialty drinks and a large menu. Our drinks took a very long time to arrive after we ordered--this happened with both rounds of drinks (and the place was not overly busy). I personally did not like my food. I am from the south and ordered biscuits & gravy and grits--the restaurant does not have a "southern" menu and I should have known better than to order what I did; it was not authentic and really not tasty. In all honesty however, my friends all enjoyed what they ordered. I would try this place again, but my first experience was...meh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JarryDined on 9/13/2013Succotash is a find! Great atmosphere, wonderful brunch and gluten free foods. My personal favorites were the French Toast Flambe (strawberries, bananas, grand marnier) and the turkey-artichoke sandwich. Service is good but the food comes out a little slow. Gives you time to just relax and enjoy I suppose. Great frickles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite Brunch spotSandraDined on 9/8/2013With brunch being one of our favorite meals, Succotash provides a great opportunity to enjoy all we love. Great food, love the setting and overall atmosphere is just right for whatever is desired. From breakfast to lunch items nothing has disappointed us. We love the fresh juices as well as the food. Cannot wait to try dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POTENTIAL GEMDmjokDined on 9/2/2013This place has great potential, food was wonderful, drinks were good. Thats about where it ends I noticed there were 4 servers on and only about 15 groups in the building as we entered We ordered eggs benedict, . 25 minutes to get out drinks. The busser had our ice coffee out in 3 minutes but the bar drinks took forever. Servers fighting with each other on the floor. GM or owner wouldn't help out. Food came and it had obviously been sitting in the window for a long time. Bill arrived and it was incorrect. THis place has great potential but a new staff is in order, except the bussers who were great and helpful.Special Features:
- Food was excellant but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2013Food was excellant but the service was horrible and it wasn't because they were short on staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oversalted food ruined the mealBriggsyVIPDined on 8/3/2013Succotash is more of a sandwich/burger/breakfast place but they do have some interesting meals on the menu like Fried Chicken and waffle with watermelon, which I ordered. The chicken was so salty I could barely eat the food. Three of us had the over salted chicken. Two other people could not eat their fries because they were so salty. Two out of 8 liked their meal in our party. Nice place and I hope they can correct the issues. I won't be going back again anytime soon. The server was very nice, but service was a bit lacking, especially since there were only three active tables in the entire restaurant. We had to keep asking for things and then had to wait. The server and staff were very nice however.Special Features:
- SuccotashRann482Dined on 8/2/2013My friend and I had dinner and drinks at Succotash for her birthday, and we loved it! The staff was very friendly.We ordered fried pickles for an appetizer, which were awesome! They had a lot of other great appetizer choices,too! The drinks were amazing!! Not being a beer drinker, was pleased to find many other options for me to choose from. I settled on the Blueberry mint lemonade, that is made with muddled fresh fruit and mint ..absolutely my favorite item of the night! We also ordered salads, which were both delicious and came with yummy homemade dressings. Everything at Succotash was local and very fresh. The produce that they used was top quality. We will definitely be dining there again..highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome...a must try!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013OMG the banana pancakes were probably the best pancakes i've ever had!!! there is something for everyone on the menu. we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.