Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge
114 Harrison St
Cocoa, FL 32922Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sublimesangria.com/
- Phone: 3216322700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: We are a great location for office parties, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal/baby showers and any other special event.
A word from Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge
Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge is located in Cocoa Village. With an emphasis on Sangria drinks and a tapas menu including American traditional food. We will feature daily specials, open late on Friday/Saturday, with drink specials everyday. Friday and Saturday will feature themed nights. With Saturday being Service Industry Night. A great location for office parties, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal/baby showers and any other special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge - Best Restaurants in Cocoa Beach ›
Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- AverageBigfoodieDined on 10/18/2014The food was of average taste and quality. I would give it a three but for the price I expect much better food. I will say the sangria was pretty good, I would go back for a drink if I was on the area.Special Features:
- OKDNDined on 10/12/2014The food is good. Beef empanadas is very tasty. Sangria is amassing. Vill be backSpecial Features:
- First experience at Sublime...PtycksDined on 10/10/2014What started out as a night of trying something out new ended in wishing I had went to the regular Maybe because it was Friday night service was extremely slow? Atmosphere was nice, live music added to the experience although a little loud for table conversation throughout the meal. The server tried but may have ha stop many tables. It was a 15 min wait for drinks. Another 15 minutes before order was taken then 1 meal came out not throughly cooked. The chef came to the table & tried to appease and made a burger instead but was delivered after everyone else at the table had finished. Again another 15 min wait to ask for dessert possibly and 15 min wait to get bill. Don't think we will visit again anytine in the near future.
- Not impressed...Eager2tryDined on 8/30/2014We were eager to try out this place. First-time visit was disappointing. Tapas were good; Sangria just ordinary, nothing special. We entered the place eager to explore and were met with a hostess who couldn't crack a smile if you tickled her. The server was detached and didn't check on us after the tapas arrived; felt detached. Our first two menu choices were not available. Perhaps we caught Sublime on an off day. May try it one more time to give it a fair shake but not in a hurry to return.
- AlexisDined on 8/23/2014As a frequent guest at this establishment, we always makes reservations way ahead of time. We specifically asked for a table on the second deck overlooking the place, with a view of the band. We were celebrating a birthday with 10 people. The woman named Lauren I believe, said to us no problem. She even called two days before the date to confirm our reservation. Well, when we arrived her attitude was so sad too bad, we are putting you somewhere else and if you don't like it, not my problem. I assume she gave our table to a friend or someone she knew and we were screwed. We were in shock with her attitude. They put us in a corner like young children. The Server was always difficult to track down, and our drinks were served warm. Never again.
- never got to the fooddisappointedDined on 8/16/2014had a reservation, but they tried to put us directly in front of the band. was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too loud. left, underwhelmed.Special Features:
- A bit noisy for my tastesglee3dDined on 8/16/2014Food was OK, not really a Tapas restaurant in the true sense. Foosd was tasty, and well presented, if ill timed.
- Great hidden gemIndystarrDined on 8/3/2014We went on a Sunday, at lunch time, so their tapas were only $5. The service was good, the food was excellent. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!momof3boyzDined on 8/1/2014We are in love with Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge! They had an excellent happy hour. I got the Sangria Flight, 3 decently sized sangrias. My husband and I shared the buffalo wontons, and bruschetta flatbread. Both were amazing. Our server was prompt, friendly and the food came out MUCH quicker than we expected. Overall, it was PERFECT! Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Decent atmosphere - okay food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The atmosphere was more lively than any I've seen around here, and the service was great. However, the jazz band was a little too loud since I couldn't hear across the table. The food had decent flavor, but lacks something.Special Features:
- Love the uniqueness!suziequbeeDined on 7/18/2014Good food, awesome sangria and always a special going on. I went with my friends and we will definitely make this a regular place. I love the corner comfy couch areas! A good variety of food and good prices. I especially love the uniqueness of the fact that it was an old bank way back when. I also have to say I loved Debbie and her jazz band that played that night. She was terrific!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Everything was amazing. Do yourself a favor and start with a pitcher of sangria that sounds best to you, only $8. My fiance and I both ordered burgers which were CRAZY good. If you get the massive texas burger, you shall have leftovers, unless you are a beast of a human. I absolutely loved this place ad definitely would consider going again. It's one of the cheaper dining options in Cocoa Village and was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs and LowsianjfranklinVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went to Sublime on July 4th before the fireworks and wanted to make sure we didn't have an issue getting a table so made reservations here. The entrance and restaurant has a great old town feel with the overlooking balconies and tables over the main dining room. The sangria was great and the sampler to be able to try more than one at a time was even better. The food however left a bit to be desired. While the buffalo won ton appetizer was tasty, we ordered the seafood mac n cheese and found the cheese to be very bland and a very not so fresh seafood taste/aroma. If you have ever had Capital Grille's lobster mac n cheese, not much could compare. Overall a good time and great drinks and would probably give it another goSpecial Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Sublime Restaurant and Sangria Lounge reviews archive.
- A fun evening.Luv2eatDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our evening because we went there to hear the Mason Margut jazz quartet. They were excellent. It was our first time. We sat upstairs on the balcony overlooking the floor. The tables were very small. Our server, Jadyne, was very good, and the food was good, but not exceptional. I had the traditional red wine sangria. The sampler would have been a better buy.
- A Local TreasureCloudchaserDined on 6/15/2014What a treat! My wife and I had a late lunch. I had the Juicy Lucy Burger and she had the Navajo Salad w/ chicken. The food was prepared as requested and very tasty. Service was a little slow and the manager provided us with a free appetizer while waiting. Well worth the wait. It was mid-afternoon and very quiet. I’m sure it is hopping with live jazz scheduled. The waitstaff and management were very attentive. We’ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising vacation findjmk7Dined on 6/14/2014On family vacation, we discovered an unusual restaurant. The waiter knew the background of the historic building housing the restaurant. We were debating whether the building had been a courthouse or a hotel, the waiter not only told us it had been a bank, but showed us where the bank safe was located. The food and drinks were awesome, but for family dining it was tad loud to carry on a conversation with live music. Though we were smart to request upstairs dining, we were literally shouting our conversation. Otherwise, it has great food and incredible ambiance.Special Features:
- Mas4Dined on 5/31/2014Food and music was great! Loved the atmosphere server was good but entree and soup came out at same timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Delicious food (including gluten free selections), great service (thanks Lauren!), and smooth latin jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime is Sublime!ScottIrishDined on 4/26/2014Love, love, love this new find! I enjoyed one of the Tapas - grilled veggies on jasmine rice and a bowl of roasted red pepper tomato soup. Everyone else enjoyed their meals also. Price is right, now too expensive. The Sangria is to die for!! We had the traditional red Sangria. They had live music and it was great. Nice place to meet with friends or have a romantic twosome meal. Close to our home, so we will be returing again. Can't wait.Special Features:
- Ernie SouthernMattDined on 4/11/2014Ernie did an amazing job playing the delta blues. He was very friendly and genuine. Would recommend booking him again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music was cool, SANGRIAS were GREATPat17KaplanDined on 3/29/2014Nice place, good atmosphere, friendly helpful staff. Cool Jazz music, food is good enough for bar food but the multiple Sangria concoctions they made were just GREAT... I've tried 3 different ones so far & I liked them all, lol! If you like Sangria try the Sampler (or two!)Special Features:
- More than I expected!martinis2die4Dined on 3/15/2014I was searching for someplace different to go as a birthday treat for my best friend. She and I love to try different places so I figured this would be a good one to try. Turned out to be a great spot! We could hear the smooth jazz before we even approached the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a two-story establishment and then the hostess, knowing we were there to celebrate a birthday, took us upstairs to 2-seater balcony table that overlooked the main restaurant area. It was awesome! The sangria was refreshing, the food was exceptional....no additional seasoning required! Then we topped it off with chocolate martinis that were to die for! A bunch of my friends, myself included, are going this weekend!Special Features:
- fabulous...lmw5Dined on 3/15/2014The restaurant has a nice flow, the food is OUTSTANDING and the wait staff are top notch. They have the best sangria I have ever tasted. Everyone should try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night spot in cocoaDonhoDined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the entertainment and the food. a very attentive wait staff. The jazz group was outstanding and the open mike after the first set was a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsMoonReviewDined on 2/15/2014The music at Sublime is great and it's a fun atmosphere. Four of us ate there last Saturday and all agreed that our waiter must have been really stoned (or possibly brand new, or possibly brand new and really stoned.) In any event, the service was actually laughable. Food was good and a nice selection.Special Features:
- Our first time with Tapas.AngelVIPDined on 2/15/2014Our first time with Tapas. Delicious foods but this delightful restaurant is located inside a vintage bank. Artistic expression was amazing. Awesome dining experience. Brought us to old historical town we had never discovered before. Thanks again to Open Table for this gem of a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over bookedNicknicholsDined on 2/14/2014After spending $80 roundtrip on a cab only to have our table giving away and we were stuck on a small cocktail table (my reservation was made 3 weeks in advanced). We were then given a very uncomfortable cocktail table and then moved to an equally bad spot in the bar and then after 20 min of no menu and watching another couple walk out (it was valentine day). We decided to cut our losses and go around the corner and have pizza. Maybe you should have a manager running your seating when you over book your restaurant. I have no idea how the food is and i will never find out. As a life long professional in this business i felt uncomfortable and will not go back.
- A much needed spot in Cocoa VillageRobertDined on 2/14/2014Sublime occupies the old bank location in Cocoa Village around the corner from the Village Playhouse across the street from Ryan's Pizza. It is a much needed contrast of dining options needed in the Cocoa Village area. The food is good, it is a fusion style of tapas restaurant which means it is not focused strictly on the European type of cuisine. It is a safe choice for beginners of trying the tapas concept, without getting into the type of menu where the food maybe too exotic for them to want to try. The wine list is simple as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sangria, pass on the foodGatorDined on 2/14/2014We decided to visit Sublime for valentines day. We made a reservation for a table and discovered when we arrived we reserved a couch. The couch actually worked out fine but beware when you use open table at sublime you may not be seated at a table. The main reason to go to Sublime wish for Sangria. It was creative and tasty. We order Tapas and we were very disappointed. Most things on the menu we greasy and lacked taste. Ambience was great. Sublime is an old bank. Good place to sit an enjoy a drink before or after dinner. The night we were there they had live music. Just don't plan to eat there.Special Features:
- Not really Sublime...JBJBVIPDined on 2/14/2014I hate to give negative reviews, but... I made a reservation for 530 on Valentine's Day a week in advance. The menu looked great online and when I called to ask if we could bring champagne the guy was very courteous. When we arrived, the hostess tried to sit us at a hightop table with barstools. Like something in a bowling alley. Finally, we got a decent table (with no table covering and silverware wrapped in a paper napkin) and ordered some sangria, which was very good. Our server, Brittany was awesome. We ordered 3 rounds of tapas, none of which was particularly good, although the portions were huge for tapas. My advice- rethink your menu. Use better ingredients, smaller portions. Get some proper napkins. Reduce the breading.
- Something a Little DifferentNicStatesDined on 1/24/2014I've been to this restaurant twice. The first time they had live jazz which was great but much to loud. If they do that again, turn down the amplifier!! The second time they had background jazz music playing at a much more acceptable level - didn't have to yell at each other across the table. We have only eaten the tapas which is very good and fun. Good to try different dishes. We have also opted to have the 3 mini sangrias, which is also fun as you can try different mixtures. They are also not that mini!! We enjoy it and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PickbillybobDined on 1/21/2014We are from Palm City, FL. When we are in the Cocoa area, we make it our business to have a sublime meal at Sublime. The service is excellent and the food is great, without exception. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Ambiance with a Great FoodFastWithAForkDined on 1/16/2014A beautiful restaurant in he heart of Cocoa Village. Two-level seatng provides for balcony tables overlooking the main floor. The service was exceptional on both of my visits. I had the Desperado Burger which was great, and unlike any presentation I have ever had. All the portions were large/filling. The Sangria sampler was a great addition. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findbillybobDined on 1/5/2014We were looking for a restaurant in Cocoa, FL. We were happy to find this quaint restaurant, in this quaint town. The food and service were both excellent. It is located in a converted bank building. We'll be back many times again.Special Features:
- Interesting Old Bank BuildingRocketMomDined on 12/25/2013Interesting structure located in an old old bank. Lovely and great menu. Take a walk thru Cocoa Village before or afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPepepr2Dined on 12/25/2013Sublime and Sangria Bar is a great find. My husband and I recently moved to the area and we have been hard pressed to find good quality food. However, after having several positive experiences at Sublime, we have added it to our list of restaurants to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest Reviewtapa2loveDined on 12/20/2013I tried to write this as a private note, but the computer setup wouldn't let me. Perhaps we were expecting too much, since we were big fans of Lea's Bistro. We miss them, so were hoping to find another great tapas bar. We tried about 20 different tapas and were disappointed in every one of them. The roasted pepper soup was bland, too tomato-ey. The fried green tomatoes were tasteless, even with the sauce. The stuffed peppers were uninteresting. The wontons were good but greasy. I can't even remember the other choices, but the one good thing was the grilled cheese sandwich on the children's menu. The six of us had a great time and our waitress was nice, but the food needs to be improved. We hope with a few improvements you will succeed.
- Good Food & Price, Slow ServiceTangoDined on 11/23/2013This could be a really outstanding restaurant for the Village with some minor tweaking. The food and drinks are very good as well as the price. The server staff needs improving. With a packed place I could understand slow service, but it wasn't packed. In fact, there were servers standing around a bit. We will keep going for now, but improvement needs to happen soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new CV spotVBGirlDined on 11/9/2013First of all, Made reservation and that was messed up...seated at a table for 4 and there was 5 of us. Menu placed and only received one drink menu. Took a long time for wait staff. Drinks were served, however 1 guest was told that a certain sangria had run out, plz order another type and then a few minutes later, the original order was brought???? A few types of tapas were order, one out of four was tolerable. Prices were a little high for tapas for what was received. May venture out to this establishment again, but only for Sangria....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday Night!PaulaBDined on 11/9/2013We went to Sublime with three other friends to see Jazz last Saturday night. When we arrived, I found out there was going to be a limited menu due to the expected crowd. We were a little disappointed as we were looking forward to one of their delicious burgers but thoroughly enjoyed the food we ordered. I have to say the Catfish Fingers that my husband ordered were outstanding and not something that I ever would have normally tried. Yum! Everything was delicious, the music was wonderful, and our server did a great job. We all enjoyed a great evening out at Sublime!Special Features: