SuBi Japanese Restaurant
403 Madison Ave N
Bainbridge, WA 98110Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
SuBi Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sushibi.com/
- Phone: 2068557882
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from SuBi Japanese Restaurant
Fresh gourmet sushi rolls and fine Japanese dining in a stylish setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SuBi Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Vast Menu with O.K. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014Four friends went for dinner and easily booked through Open Table for 5:30 reservation. The menu is quite lengthy so we spent 10 minutes determing what to order. My Hawaiian Poke salad and vegetable tempura where good but not enticing enough to go back for dinner. The wings are not really spicey. Nice wine selection and my husband enjoyed his sake. My friends ordered grilled calamari which was unavailable after a 10 minute wait. I would rather have dinner at Doc's Marina or San Carlos.Special Features:
- mediocreReluctantDinerDined on 7/27/2014There are not many decent choices on Bainbridge Island. This restaurant, based on its mediocre food and high prices, would not survive in a larger market such as Seattle. However, if you are on the Island and want to eat something other than Mexican or Thai your options are limited. This place isn't horrible, it's just not great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Sushi is good. Great rolls. Service is hit and miss.Special Features:
- I Love SushiSteveRVIPDined on 6/19/2014The location of the restaurant is very unassuming...But make sure you go in and you will be transported to a Northwest style Japanese dining experience. The food was wonderful great selection of NW inspired selections. They happy hour menu from 8PM to 9PM is very good and about half the regular price too. I would definitely go back and bring friends...great surprise find.Special Features:
- IslandmDined on 6/15/2014The food was mediocre this time. The size of roll was so skinny compared to other rolls I had at other restaurants, I still felt hungry. Also I noticed that they cut back on complementary food such as miso soup. You have to pay for that now. Not a good sign.Special Features:
- Nice Little Japanese SpotLumadue74Dined on 6/5/2014This is where we had our final dinner of our vacation and it put a very nice little bow on the whole experience. The staff was friendly and the patrons mostly local. They have a wide variety of food on the menu. The couple of sushi rolls we got were very good and well priced. The restaurant is at the far side of downtown, but everything is so close on Bainbridge. We enjoyed the walk to and from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Japanese/KoreanMalice6Dined on 5/4/2014This local gem is becoming more popular because of consistently good food and service. Their sushi and sashimi are top-rate as is the tempura. There is a wide selection of Japanese and Korean style dishes including some very nice children's bento boxes. The sushi bar is as good as any in our region.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the SuBi Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great sushi, average steakChowhoundDined on 2/16/2014Bad calamari tempura, and steak tataki was dry and overcooked. Sushi was excellent as usual. Service was also impeccable as usual. Bad pop music in background....prefer authentic japanese music with my sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi on Bainbridge Island!SushiFanDined on 10/19/2013I have to say, having lived in Seattle for many years, I was skeptical about getting decent Sushi on Bainbridge Island. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the sushi and the very nice atmosphere at SuBi. The service is always impeccable. They are attentive without being disruptive, exceptionally polite. I have now eaten at SuBi probably around 30 times in the 4 years that I have lived on Bainbridge and I have always had a great experience at SuBi. We figured out recently that it is fairly kid friendly. (our kids are 6 and 8) So, we have been going even more often because our kids request it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Chefs need to smileBettyDined on 3/27/2013Sushi Chefs need to smile more.. but food is good!!!Special Features:
- The sushi was great... theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2012The sushi was great... the bento boxes were good, all in all not a bad restaurant.
- Nice space, ok foodNicolevDined on 9/2/2012Pretty space, nice service, interesting menu.......and rather unremarkable food. Nothing stood out, some of the sushi was just OK, the agadashi tofu was totally boring (one of my favorites!) They took good care of us and we had two squirmy kids along, but I would not go back for the sushi. The kids loved their bento boxes and the teriyaki and tonkatsu was good.Special Features: