Sub Zero Vodka Bar
308 N. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
Central West End
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sub Zero Vodka Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.subzerovodkabar.com/
- Phone: 3143671200
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sub Zero Vodka Bar
Sub Zero Vodka Bar is known for having the largest vodka selection in the country and offering sushi and New American Burger menus until last call nightly. Menu options include lamb, turkey, vegetarian and American Kobe beef burgers, a wide selection of traditional and non-traditional makimono, nigiri, and sashimi as well as an extensive martini and cocktail list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sub Zero Vodka Bar - Best Restaurants in Central West End ›
Sub Zero Vodka Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great SushiLoveNewOrleansDined on 8/30/2014Love the sushi....love to drink the Zentinis.....great diverse menu.Special Features:
- First Timer NotesCWEdinerDined on 7/19/2014My first visit to this neighborhood bar/restaurant. One of the few in the area on Open Table that could accomodate our group of 5 people on short notice. No surprise that the place was packed inside and out, which made the noise level more than "energetic." From other reviews I expected an extensive cocktail menu, but was mildly disappointed that food menu was limited to Sushi or Burgers (with a small number of additions in the appetizer / salad category). Veggie Tempura was excellent. My Thai BBQ burger was just okay. Sweet Potato Fries overdone. Still, I will go back for lunch or weeknight dinner though to sample some other offerings.Special Features:
- OutstandingCocoDined on 7/19/2014I love all of the vodka choices to choose from. Drinks are a little pricey, but you can expect that when you are going to a vodka bar. Food is great! I love their sushi! The Kung Fu Voo, Dynamite, and Buffalo Tuna Rolls are a few of my favorites. If you don't like sushi, they have great burgers and appetizers as well. Great atmosphere and great service!!! If you go the day of your birthday, you also get a free fifth of vodka. Can't get any better than that!!!Special Features:
- Fun and EcclecticjkwolffDined on 7/17/2014Options for outdoor dining and the inside is quite unique! Great vodka bar and nice sushi menu. Excellent burger choices including lamb burger.Special Features:
- Birthday at Sub ZeroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014The space is amazing, the drinks are incredible, the food is delicious and the service is outstanding. That was my second time at the bar and both of experiences were amazing. I highly recommend! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and great food!CWEfanDined on 7/14/2014There is something for everyone at SubZero. The sushi is amazing and the chefs are always very accommodating with special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as first visit thereMyHeavensDined on 7/12/2014Sushi rolls and too much rice around edges, and rice was also soggy and in a cake like format. Restaurant did not have enough menus available for guests at time of visit, and I had to share one menu with my friend. Service was otherwise excellent and friend seemed to enjoy his burgerSpecial Features:
- Bad veggie burgerVeggieOneDined on 7/3/2014A few years ago a restaurant critic, writing in Saint Louis magazine, claimed that SubZero had the best veggie burger in town. I'm a 25-year vegetarian and based on my experience of July 3, 2014, I know that is not true. It was the worst I have had. The patty was not tasty and the only added vegetable was slices of avocado. You gotta do better than that. Do your research: try the one at SweetArt in the city and others around. And your Build-A-Burger ingredients did not include any version of lettuce. Fresh dill would be a wonderful addition to any veggie burger! And got to have ripe tomato slices. Decisions re this should not be made by a carnivore! Your salads are EXCELLENT, however. And the service by John was outstanding.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4devilydeliciousDined on 6/27/2014Outstanding drinks. We especially loved the 4 pepper vodka. Sliders and sushi were very good. The salmon burger was ok. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful with selections.Special Features:
- SushiTasterVIPDined on 6/7/2014We met friends for a sushi dinner. The rolls are a bit pricey and not that large for the price, but the quality was good. We sat outside, which was nice.Special Features:
- Could've been better!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014I chose this place because I love sushi and the drinks. I had a birthday gathering there for about 25 9 people showed the place was not at all crowded and we couldn't understand why our waiter took so long getting drinks to us. Very nice place but service was really slow and bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the Sub Zero Vodka Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014This was my 2nd time visiting the vodka bar. I recommended it to one of my friends from out of town. We had a BLAST. My friend said he would love to visit the bar again next time he's in St. Louis. Music was great. Atmosphere was great. Food was great...and of course the drinks are ALWAYS great! Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening of Funluv2dineDined on 4/26/2014Would highly recommend using the private dining rooms downstairs at Sub Zero. The staff was excellent at accommodating our large group. Food was excellent and service was so great and so friendly!! Also the manager Jeremy was so attentive and flexible as our number in our party changed a couple times. We would definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location, Awesome Drink MenuEatnDrinkDined on 4/25/2014Really fun bar and restaurant. Great food, especially for foodies. I had the Lamb burger and it was delicious! Friends had sushi and loved it. HUGE cocktail list so if you like fun and unique drinks this is a great spot. Within walking distance of a lot of other locations, so nice to go for a walk and get a chocolate martini and the chocolate place (which I can't remember the name of but it is by a fountain). I would definitely go again. We got there early and there was a family with a child, and they had sports on tv, but it didn't feel like a sports bar AT ALL! We went for a girls night and had a blast! Also, Sub Zero called the day of the reservation to confirm, that was pretty awesome!Special Features:
- Dynamic Atmosphere + Solid ServiceBeccaJ8Dined on 4/11/2014Sub Zero called us to confirm our 7:00 reservation and I explained our timing situation; we were celebrating two birthdays and trying to make it to a concert on time. They were very accommodating, allowing us to add another person to our reservation and having the table available by 6:45. We arrived around 7:10 and the table was still reserved, although there was only one menu available. It was very loud and crowded (it was a peak dinner/bar time on a Friday night), but service was great considering. I was a little disappointed in my sushi but the sweet potato fries were awesome! And their drink selection is wonderful! I had a prosecco cocktail, someone got a beer, another got a mixed drink, plus they have the new dill pickle vodka.Special Features:
- Always - Constantly GoodStlAlDined on 4/8/2014One knows that their dinner will be great at Sub Zero Vodka Bar. Food, quality, service is top notch. Can't wait for warm weather to sit outside and enjoy not only the great food, weather, but the People Of The Area. Keep the great food coming....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBBinSTLVIPDined on 4/5/2014One of the few places you can get a GREAT burger AND good sushi. I got sushi this time. I got the Alaskan roll, which was delicious. I also got a spicy tuna hand roll, pretty good, not very spicy. It was more like just a tuna hand roll. They did have a problem with part of my order. I ordered Tobiko (Flying fish or Capelin roe) but they brought Ikura (Salmon roe). When I mentioned this to the guy that delivered my order (wasn't our waitress), he was confused and had no idea what I was talking about. A few seconds later, the waitress returned and immediately saw my plate, apologized and went to get it corrected. She did a great job, was attentive but not overly so. Drinks were kept flowing, great time.Special Features:
- Went for my birthday and loved it!birthdaygirlDined on 4/4/2014I had never been before but will definitely go again! We sat downstairs and I really liked that a) the tables weren't squished together b) it was a little quieter than upstairs so everyone in my group could hear each other and c) we had a TV right by our table. I was pleasantly surprised by the massive selection of martinis, cocktails, champagne infusions, and other drinks! Not only that, but I enjoyed every one that I tasted! The food was also wonderful. I had the Jamaican Jerk Burger and fried zucchini; it was cooked exactly as I ordered, portions were nice, and it tasted great. Although the prices overall are a little on the expensive side, everything was delicious. Our waitress was also very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual combination that works!BeauVIPDined on 3/29/2014Went for sushi and drinks. Awesome sushi, very well made signature cocktails and excellent service! Very busy when we arrived but service was excellent despite the crowd. Not a quiet place but highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We celebrated a birthday the night we went to eat here. They gave the birthday person a free bottle of vodka! Very nice touch. Food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for cocktails with friendsLizzbirdDined on 3/25/2014Nice meeting place before event at Peabody House. Parking was a challenge, so easier to pay the $6 parking in back of the restaurant instead of feed the meter. Food is good, but drink selections even better. I would like this place for HAPPY HOUR, but didn't see any special drink pricing, just food for happy hour. Fun place to enjoy with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're in the bar area,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014If you're in the bar area, the noice level is more then energetic it's just LOUD but the dining area is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Times and sushi too!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014A group of my family got together and decided to go to Sub Zero Vodka bar. Not knowing what we would find, it was a good choice. Great atmosphere and the drink menu is awesome! The sushi bar was unexpected (no I didn't look online for the menu). There was a food choice for everyone in our group. Cool place and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and drinks are alwaysInsurancegalDined on 3/15/2014Food and drinks are always awesome. Love this place and would recommend to anyone. Who can go wrong? Sushi and burgers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late-night DiningJCT830Dined on 3/7/2014Made reservations for late Friday night and we were seated right away. Our waitress was great and always made sure we were taken care of. There are two sides, one to sit down and eat and another side with a few bars. It was pretty busy, as expected for a Friday. The drinks were delicious and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushi and very interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014great sushi and very interesting drinks. We only had sushi, but the burgers coming out of the kitchens also looked delish. Our bartenders were exceptional and very helpful in finding a drink I would like. I tend to be picky. But our server at our table was obviously new. She forgot to refill our waters until we had to ask for it. She didnt know many drinks and forgot to put in half of our order. I would still go back because it was a fun place for my girlfriends bday celebration.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date spotDaleRigbyDined on 2/24/2014Was on a date and had a great experience. Vodka list was the biggest I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I had a reso at 830 and walked in at 8 to a perfect corner table by the window. Server was cute and friendly. Def will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it !!!!!!!!bellydancersforeverDined on 2/16/2014We love coming here staff is great manager Jennifer is amazing and all super friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold table by the doorHortsp15Dined on 2/15/2014Bad spot to sit so we walked out. Drunken fish is betterSpecial Features:
- Valentine's Day night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It was the second time that I used reservations to eat there. Both was for a special occasion for my wife. Each time we have went, we have enjoyed ourselves. It is a bit pricey or we would visit more often. The ambiance was great though the table was close to a cold window. Would definitely want the same table when the weather is warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First so so experience at SubZero.kjporter62Dined on 2/14/2014Maybe the problem was that it was Valentine's day plus my date's birthday. High expectations from a place we have enjoyed a lot in the past and recommended to many others. We had reservations but got put in the basement and were entirely by ourselves except for the attentive bartender....no ambience whatsoever, for the first half hour. We felt ostracized and just plain weird....not at all like a special celebration on a doubly special day. Would never go on a holiday again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimesdeniseDined on 2/1/2014SubZero Vodka Bar was amazing. I truly had s great celebrating my friend's birthday. Service was great, food was great, the atmosphere waa great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Solid RestaurantBillDined on 1/24/2014The sushi is always fresh and always delicious. The service is friendly and quick without feeling rushed. The hamburgers are great, though the black bean/corn veggie burger is a bit dry and flavorless. Also, do not use Valet Parking that is offered. We stood outside for almost 10 minutes waiting for someone to show up to retrieve our car. The wind chill was below zero. Finally I noticed one of the guys and they stood talking to a friend on the opposite side of the street. Save the money and park yourself. They really need to improve on the valet serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Gem!STLFoodieDined on 1/18/2014Sub Zero is my favorite spot to grab a great cocktail. The staff is delightful and will accommodate you any way they possibly can on a busy Saturday night! The Moscow Mule is a delightful classic drink to order. Served in the traditional copper mug, it can't be missed. I made a reservation via Open Table and they fit us in as early as they could as we finished our earlier dinner earlier than expected. The Oreo martini is also a must (though you really can't go wrong with any drink here! If you accidentally do pick a drink you don't like, they swap it out for you! A definite must try and still my fav!Special Features:
- Best sushi in midtownJimstlVIPDined on 1/18/2014Why hamburgers and sushi go together escapes me but here it makes sense. Young, high energy crowd. Don't bring your friends who like to be able to hear what you're saying. Just smile a lot and enjoy the scenery and the food. Seated promptly, served by attentive, friendly wait staff, reasonable pricing and big selection of unique rolls. Very good experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are not big sushi fanstennisVIPDined on 1/17/2014We are not big sushi fans but the sushi was very good and fresh. We are also not big "hard liquor" drinkers but it was fun to try a well made vodka beverage. This is a great place for a change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to bring friendscentraltableDined on 1/14/2014The place is a gem. The food and drinks were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great FoodBillDined on 1/14/2014Sub Zero was always our go-to-place for an amazing burger. The combinations in the build your own burger mount to hundreds of possibilities. But what now sets this place apart is their sushi. Best sushi I've had in St. Louis. The staff is friendly unlike some other placed in the CWE that have a bit of an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sushi and Vodka SelectionEdweberDined on 12/31/2013This is one of my favorite spots in St. Louis. Wonderful happy hour, great vodka selection, good service and sushi and burgers are fantastic! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time...Stonefox26Dined on 12/31/2013Went for NYE & had a wonderful time. Great food & drinks. Has been a favorite hot spot of mine for a few years. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.