Stuzzi - Richmond
1 North Belmont Street
Richmond, VA 23221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Stuzzi - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stuzzirichmond.com/
- Phone: (804) 308-3294
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Stuzzi - Richmond
Naples is the birthplace of pizza, and Neapolitan pizza captures the pure essence of this simple and delicious Italian food. True Neopolitan pizza (or D.O.C. pizza, which stands for 'Denominazione di Origine Controllata') is so pure, there are only a handful of restaurants in the US to make it! Stuzzi creates that authentic product. Our wood fired oven was hand built, on site, to exacting standards. The oven's unique "beehive" design allows the temperature to be maintained at a blistering 1000+ degrees Fahrenheit -- hot enough to turn raw dough, tomatoes, cheese and basil into a blistering bubbling pizza in about sixty seconds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Stuzzi - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Stuzzi - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A Neighborhood Niche RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/22/2014All of the food is of the finest quality, only the best ingredients are used to prepare the food, menu varies according to season, service is outstanding, and food arrives rather promptly - depending on how busy the restaurant is. All of the pizzas are baked in a wood fired oven which give a unique flavor and texture. Encourage the kids to watch the pizzas being baked. Price is moderate but fair. Make a reservation or you may be waiting longer than expected because of the size of the restaurant and its scrumptious, delicious, and sufficient food. Remember, you dine at Stuzzi's and the staff will make you feel welcome but never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MartyDined on 11/22/2014Will be returning to try each pizza offered! Had the forte & salami sorpressa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best authentic pizza in townRichmondRoseDined on 11/15/2014If you're bored with the "American pizza" of thick crust, too much cheese, too much of, well, everything...then Stuzzi is where you need to go to reset your pizza palette. Once you enjoy the fresh, authentic ingredients and healthful portion sizes, you won't go back to the chain-pizza you grew up with. The personal flair offered by the intimate, energetic dining setting and the family-feel you get from Peter are also reasons why you'll make Stuzzi your go-to pizza place. The lunch specials are excellent for a quick lunch-break bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappinting experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/9/2014We've enjoyed many meals at Stuzzi over the years but something was very off this past weekend. Our party ordered a mozzarella appetizer special that we never. I ordered pasta while my friends ordered pizzas. The pizza arrived pretty quickly but my pasta (and the appetizer) had not arrived before the pizza was finished. We finally gave up, paid our bill and left. Our waitress was nice but avoided eye contact and never apologized or explained what was going on. We are sad to feel the need to leave this review but it's unlikely that we will return to Stuzzi.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and servicec3nexusDined on 11/8/2014We have been to Stuzzi several times before, usually good. Love their pizza. This time we had exceptional service from a very attentive server. The margarita pizza, arugula salad, spaghetti puttanesca and ravioli were all outstanding. My favorite is the spaghetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LisalandDined on 11/6/2014Since dining at the restaurant last week I ordered a pizza for delivery. Both meals were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it.IlovecitiesDined on 10/24/2014The City of Richmond is a pretty o.k. place, but would not be nearly as cool without Stuzzi. We would love to see you expand your alfresco dining area. Less parking, more tables!Special Features:
- Nighly FindLoveFoodDined on 9/25/2014We went out for a Thursday night dinner and tried Stuzzi. The pizza was great and a great night find. The owner came by and chatted with us which was nice. Great late night find.Special Features:
- How was Stuzzi? Not great.RichmondDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here before and decided to bring the family along this time. Not one of us had a decent meal. The cheese on the white pizza tasted as if it was spoiled. The kids had the spaghetti and meatballs which was, frankly, inedible. The meatballs tasted frozen. And the special - a rigatoni with a spicy red sauce - had the consistency of paste. We were really disappointed to have had such a bad experience considering it has been so great in the past. Have to wonder what's going on over there. One dish being bad I can understand....but all 6?? Not good.
- Carytown gemJSKMVKDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a very quiet lunch with a dear friend. Love the arugula salad and gluten free pizza. Gluten free cheesecake is to die for!Special Features:
- The following 224 reviews are from the Stuzzi - Richmond reviews archive.
- Stuzzi's is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Great they now take reservations. Food is always exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodkannloweVIPDined on 7/8/2014Haven't been to Stuzzi in years after a huge mishap with my reservations. Pizza was good, service was great and looking forward to going back again soon.Special Features:
- Another great experiencejrorvaVIPDined on 7/3/2014We've been to Stuzzi's several times over the last couple of years. It's become a go to place for me and my family. On our last visit, our table wasn't free due to some long lingering patrons and Mr. Caserta offered to buy the other patrons a drink at the bar. This freed up our table and allowed for many happy customers. Well done.Special Features:
- Great foodSupertDined on 7/2/2014Food was great end enjoyed the selections. A little noisy but the food was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyGwaltneyDined on 6/6/2014Calamari oregenata did not match menu description, was not " oregenato " and was inedible with a funky smell. The pizza forte was soggy on the bottom. My ravioli were OK but needed more sauce. The waitress was irritating. The zeppole were delicious. The meal was surprisingly expensive. I was sorry we didn't go to MZ or even Carrabbas.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The food was very good, however the restaurant was dirty and not a comfortable place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodAndrocles48VIPDined on 5/17/2014We have never been disappointed here. The staff is efficient and the food is delicious. My new favorite is the eggplant parmagian. My brother-in-law is a New Yorker from Italian descent and he was extremely skeptical going in. He had the veal saltimbocca and the mozzarella carozza. As he looked at the incredible pizza oven and read about the pizza making process, he expressed regraet that we hadn't ordered a pizza appetizer. He left the restaurant surprised and delighted; as we knew he would.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014Took 2 friends that had never been to Stuzzis before. Service was great, the food was great, and overall had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was excellent -- except the cheesecake -- it was dry.
- Great PatioMomdaylunchDined on 5/11/2014We had Mothers Day Lunch here. No crowds to deal with, yet the place was busy. Patio had umbrella to provide shade. Vert relaxing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuzzi's is good foodBigRedFredDined on 5/10/2014You want good Italian food? Come here. We had a law school grad party and ordered every conceivable type of dish. All were great. One of our guests is Italian, and he raved about the food. Pizza is thin crust but is perfect; not too crisp or doughy. Gnocchis were out of this world. And don't get me started on their special ice cream dessert. Not for ambiance, and the manager can get a bit grumpy if you linger a long time. But I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightLove2dineDined on 4/21/2014Upon arriving to the restaurant the owner approached my husband,and sat us in a cozy corner together. The food was great, ambience was nice, and we also took a picture Infront of the bar. I would recommend this restaurant to any foodie or romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingtimberVIPDined on 4/19/2014Really disappointing experience on a few levels- Pizza came out cold and soggy, server was average (at best), I had changed our reservation # earlier in the morning and received confirmation from Open table, however when I got to the restaurant they still had a reservation for a smaller party and sat us in a very cramped, uncomfortable manner. I did not address these issues with the server or management (who routinely comes around to each table, which is awesome!). We were in a larger group and had a time constraint- simply didn't want to make an issue of the lackluster food and service at the time.Special Features:
- No longer any goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/18/2014Pizza was cold and soggy; had to sit in a cheap folding chair because they overbooked; confused reservation. Richmond is still a backwater when it comes to good restaurants.
- Most Authentic Neapolitan PizzaDAVERDined on 4/11/2014As best we know Stuzzi is the only restaurant in Richmond that serves authentic Neapolitan pizza...certified as "Vero" pizza for those in the know. Their staff is friendly and helpful, and their prices are very reasonable, too. A most do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014Had heard good things about Stuzzis... Food so so, inside temperature FREEZING, noise and music deafening. Just disappointed!
- Group Movie Night at the ByrdSnowmanDined on 4/5/2014We are a party of 6 and were going to the 7:15 PM movie at the Byrd. We wanted to eat dinner before and preferred it to be somewhere close. One of the party needs gluten free and they had this on their menu. I was not real happy after making a reservation for 6 that they put us at a table for four and added a chair on each end of the table. We are talking 6 adults and not all that small, but would have liked a little breathing/elbow room at our table. I felt cramped and wasn't very comfortable. When we arrived there was only one other group in the restaurant and when we left it wasn't even 2/3's full. I don't think we will go there again real soon. On a positive note, everyone was happy with their pizza's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza ever !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014I love everything about this place! Fresh ingredients, the very thin and tasty dough, very friendly staff and a personal touch makes all the difference. We will come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place but pizza was not goodproftravelerVIPDined on 3/18/2014They have a nice bar and pizza oven, but 1000 degree oven and the pizza was not even close to hot. My only guess is the guy they had cooking the pizza does not know how to cook in that type pizza oven and was not rotating spots in the oven for the pizza. Cheese wasn't even hot. Arugula salad with Parmesan was great and Saw a few pasta dishes delivered to the table next to us, they looked good!
- PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014The Pizza was very good except it had sit a little too long before being served and was cool in the middleSpecial Features:
- very good - not greatNotMyFirstRodeoDined on 3/15/2014If I had known that Stuzzi is owned/operated by the original Pasta Luna guy, I would have known exactly what to expect. If I could combine the sauce and fresh mozz from Stuzzi with the crust at Tazza, I would have the perfect pizza. Pasta was quite good but not the best in town. Wine list had pretty good quality at very fair prices. And of course, the owner coming around talking to every table is just like the old days. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved the food!!!Carlagirl711Dined on 3/15/2014Absolutely loved the food!!! Only problem was that I was seated very close to other people with little privacy, but the food is so good it is worth it. Evidently everyone thinks so and that is why it is so busy!! I always enjoy my visit!Special Features:
- Don't bring a group of more than 8OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014You will get poor service - half of your group gets to eat while the other half watches. And if you complain, don't expect an apology. Instead you get a grumpy owner with excuses about the pizza oven's small capacity -only the part of the group waiting ordered pasta 30 mins after the rest of the group ordered because of the worst waitress on the planet
- Amazing PizzaMemberx23Dined on 3/14/2014The wait staff started our night off great. Very friendly and accomodating. I didn't have much luck with my first drink but I had not problem getting a replacement. By far, the best part of the night was that Vodka Sauce pizza. Absolutely devine. I recommend Stuzzi's for a great pizza. We were the last to leave the restaurant, but we didn't feel rushed and the manager chatted with us about our experience. Loved it.Special Features:
- My coworker and I went thereMeMyselfandIDined on 3/13/2014My coworker and I went there after work to have a nice dinner and just sit together and spend some time. The service and food was very good, but the prices are very high.
- True italian pizza? HARDLY......SadLOVINGRVADININGDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I chose to give Stuzzi's another shot as past experiences came up short. We had decent salad, good calamari and awful pizza. In the past we found it soggy. Much to our disappointment, not only was it soggy, it was cold, and I do mean cold. The crust and ingredients were all cold. The waitress offered to have it heated up. We were disappointed that it was going to be "heated" up but waited quietly. After a long wait, she delivered the same pizza to us, cut up, soggy, not looking too appetizing. We attempted to eat it but one bite was enough. Round two, cold and soggy. The waitress delivered a small styrofoam box, not a pizza box to take the wreck home. No thanks. It left no hope and was actually very unappetizing.
- Good food and funBirdieDined on 3/7/2014What a fun spot and great menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza!fxygal14Dined on 3/6/2014Went there for a co-worker's birthday lunch who is gluten-intolerant and absolutely loved it! The regular pizzas were deliciously flavored and the mini was a perfect personal pizza size. My co-worker said the gluten-free crust was surprisingly good. Service was fast for the large group size during lunch and everyone received their orders on time. Overall, will be returning for dinner with my spouse. Definitely recommend as a delicious pizza spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuzzi is pretty good pizza.AngelinaDined on 3/1/2014Stuzzi is pretty good pizza. It's not THE best in Richmond. The crust is pretty soggy under a little too much sauce. The meatballs were better than the pizza and if I my eardrums weren't blown out from the ridiculously loud club music blasting during our entire meal, I might give it another try. The biggest downfall is that they do not honor reservations. We made a reservation on open table at 8PM and were not seated until 8:50 and did not eat a bite of food until around 9:15. The whole place just seemed disorganized, unprofessional, and very, very cramped. Our waitress had absolutely ZERO personality or friendliness despite our remaining friendliness even after standing for almost an hour beyond our reservation time.Special Features:
- Food Great but way too crowded!ChrisDined on 3/1/2014As always the food was delicious! Pizzas are great and worth the wait. The desserts are amazing. My only complaint was that too many people were seated at once and I was continuously bumped by waiters and customers. The noise level was extremely high and we couldn't carry on a conversation at all. I would suggest that the owners consider enlarging the space for indoor dining. I know more peope would come if the space were larger!Special Features: