Stumbling Goat Bar and Bistro
6722 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stumbling Goat Bar and Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stumblinggoatbistro.com/
- Phone: (206) 784-3535
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday, Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Sunday 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Joshua Theilen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Angie Heyer 206-784-3535 x
- Cross Street: 68th
- Public Transit: #5 Metro from downtown Seattle stops directly across the street from the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The neighborhood side streets supply ample parking but pay special attention to "No Parking" signs, the tow trucks are in full force during the evening.
A word from Stumbling Goat Bar and Bistro
The Stumbling Goat Bar and Bistro is a neighborhood restaurant that features seasonal ingredients from local growers, farms, and foragers. We offer a small but varied wine list as well as a full bar and innovative cocktail menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stumbling Goat Bar and Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (48)romantic (24)special occasion (24)notable wine list (10)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Delicious Dinner!jaydrelDined on 11/19/2014We came for Dine Around Seattle and every one of the 4 choices per course looked amazing! It was hard to choose. Then there were specials that also sounded delicious! I had Duck Confit, which was deliciously crispy, and my husband had the wild boar Bolognese, which was also quite good. There was a wine flight offered with the menu, which I chose, and each of the wines was great. This was one of the best Dine Around Seattle Restaurants that we had gone to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reconnected with a great restaurantDavidRVIPDined on 11/18/2014We now have Stumbling Goat on our list of favorites. The food was amazing and the service perfect. Stumbling Goat is high end dining experience in a neighborhood setting at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out with brotherCathieDined on 11/14/2014As always the food and cocktails were fantastic. Wait staff were attentive in a nice way. The specials were all interesting. Could have used a check in at dessert because my coffee was stone cold even when I asked for a warm up. Graciously was brought a new cup but was already done with the dessert course. Thanks and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu. Friendly service.LindaPDined on 11/14/2014As a party of 5, we tried a variety of items from the menu. We had both carnivores and vegetarians in our group - everyone was happy with their meals. They did a good job of leveraging seasonal ingredients, and all items were well prepared. Affordable wine list. Service was friendly and helpful. Welcoming neighborhood ambiance. We will be back.Special Features:
- Have a glass of wine and good conversationsfunsizedfoodieDined on 11/13/2014I love the feel of this restaurant. It's cozy and on the quieter side. You can have a great conversation over a glass of wine and be able to hear the others at your table without a problem. The food was good but I've enjoyed other Dine Around Seattle menus more. I ordered the mushroom risotto; it was creamy but at times the vinegar they added was a little strong for my taste. The cauliflower bisque was my favorite dish of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WseapolRomanticplacefordinnerDined on 11/12/2014Outstanding service, noise level got too load for conversations, food a little bland---a good average local place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014This is a favorite place for us. The food is excellent. Exceptionally prepared and locally sourced. The ambiance feels upscale, but not pretentious. In fact, the decor is warm and inviting. Our cocktails were excellent. But the best part is always the customer service, which is attentive but not smothering at all. Our waiter made excellent wine pairing suggestions and took great pains to explain menu items, especially for the add-ins that weren't on the menu. I cannot say enough wonderful things or gush enough to convey my absolute love for this wonderful neighborhood bistro. Side-note: The "noise-level" was quite low, but the button selection above won't accept anything other than all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Settingluv2eatDined on 11/8/2014I was happy with the Stumbling Goat. The food was good and the service was impeccable. I had a blackened cod filet which was wonderful. My wife had rabbit legs that were arguably even better. You'll pay the price for this good food and service (>$100 for two people with drinks), but I will go again. My only complaint was that the noise level was quite high to the point of impacting the conversation at my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesgoodlistenerDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I and another couple go to the Stumbling Goat at least every 2 months. I expect that we will increase our frequency after our last visit. We had one of our most enjoyable meals in Seattle in years. The cocktails there re terrific and the cooking is first-rate but not exotic. The service is friendly and knowledgeable. The often-changing specials are always a delight.Special Features:
- Excellent findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014From the attentive service to the well-prepared dishes, I will definitely make return visits.Special Features:
- DeliciousSamuelDined on 11/6/2014This was our first visit to the Stumbling Goat [a friend recommended it to us] but it won't be our last! Delicious food, fabulous service and a wonderful atmosphere...What more could a person ask for! Thanks Michael for taking such good care of us...we'll be back!Special Features:
- Disappointedxyj32Dined on 11/4/2014We went early in the week so it is understandable that it was a bit quiet. Overall I can see the place being nice if full. The food was ok. I had heard very good things but nothing was truly spectacular and on our visit each dish seemed to have an issue: under seasoned, poorly reduced sauce, vegetable that they were trying to get rid of, mushy tart, etc. Service was poor. The server was knowledgeable but gruff, seemed rushed, and at the end of our meal was more concerned with closing duties even though it wasn't even 9 yet. Only went once and early in the week, but still I expected much better.
- Phinney FavoriteZHawkVIPDined on 10/29/2014We've eaten here several times and it never fails to impress us. Great fresh ingredients and nice small restaurant ambiance. We feel fortunate to have a place like this within walking distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingbethDined on 10/26/2014Perfect place for a toddler free date night. The server Xavier was great. The restaurant week menu was fabulous. I had duck, and was heaven. Very good drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTiffanyDined on 10/26/2014Went with a group of 4 for restaurant week. We all tried a variety of the menu options and had drinks. The pomegranate basil drink is fantastic. Food was all good, starter salad just OK, but salads usually are. Waiter David was nice and informative, gave us his time and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went home hungryAgentCooperDined on 10/23/2014Service and ambiance were tops. Food was delicious, too, but the portions were disappointingly small. Only two scallops, really? Had to go home and have another meal. I don't expect, nor want, large portions when I dine, just adequate.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceLowellDined on 10/22/2014My daughter and I had a very good dining experience at Stumbling Goat Bar and Bistro. We showed up about 20 minutes early for our reservation and were seated immediately. The Restaurant Week offerings were varied and everything we had was very good, although not outstanding. I had choppino that had an abundance of seafood but not a lot of flavor. She had a wild boar bolognaise that was tasty. The service was really great, with multiple servers and bussers working as a team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet foodie Hidden GemFoodie24Dined on 10/21/2014The food and service was Amazing. We live on the eastside- we normally would not have ventured to Greenwood, but for restaurant week-we thought why not. SO glad we did! we shared the duck conflit- and the chanterelle risotto-- both were note worthy. The wine pairing they suggested with the courses was right on as well. The servers were excellent too- very attentive. The only issue was the noise level. Even the server had to squat down to hear us- and we had to almost yell to talk to each other. Maybe it was because it was restaurant week- and too many energetic people? I would definitely go back- maybe on a regular week- because I could tell it would be a very cozy and romantic setting, if it wasn't for all the noise.Special Features:
- Amazing TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Went here for the Restaurant Week and it was the best choice I have done this year. The wait staff was amazing and the food was just to die for. Will be happy to go back even outside of Restaurant Week just because it was that amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014This was the second time I have been to this joint. The first time was a great experience, food was great, waiter was knowledgeable, not too noisy. This time around, we had a 6:15 reservation and did not get our food until 7:55. From the time that we ordered our dinner (6:40) to the time we got it was well over an hour. Totally unacceptable. It was my mom's birthday dinner too. What a bummer, but we made the best of it. No mention by the wait staff of how late the food was. Didn't even register with them.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Stumbling Goat Bar and Bistro reviews archive.