Studio at Montage Laguna Beach
30801 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Studio at Montage Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.studiolagunabeach.com/
- Phone: 9497156420x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Strong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: For the most cherished celebrations, only private dining will do. Montage Laguna Beach offers a variety of ways to combine the finest Southern California cuisine with an ambiance of complete comfort, privacy and impeccable service.
A word from Studio at Montage Laguna Beach
With a panoramic oceanfront location and modern French cuisine with California influences, Studio is the portrait of beachside indulgence. A refined and inventive menu reflects masterful attention to detail accented with an elegant, creative touch. Ocean breezes, panoramic views and lush landscapes create a refreshing sense of place at the water’s edge and a fitting backdrop for the shared enjoyment of fine food and wine. Menus include à la carte selections of starters, entrées, cheeses and desserts; and a six-course seasonal prix-fixe Chef’s Tasting Menu. The wine list includes more than 2,200 wine labels, an extensive menu of wines-by-the-glass and suggested wine pairings for each dish. Small plates are also offered at the communal table and the turn-of-the-century bar.Continued
Please note that Studio’s dress code does not permit shorts, tennis shoes, open-toed shoes, athletic or beach wear.
Please note that Studio’s dress code does not permit shorts, tennis shoes, open-toed shoes, athletic or beach wear.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Studio at Montage Laguna Beach - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Studio at Montage Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (89)romantic (88)special occasion (88)great for outdoor dining (64)notable wine list (64)fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (10)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014From beginning to end, this was an eating experience to remember.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/3/2014The view from the patio is outstanding, that's the only reason I would go back there and maybe for the soufflé. I was disappointed with the food, it was very ordinary, the setting looks deceiving. I expected a gourmet meal... Not. My fish was prepared in a way that I would've made it better myself. Sorry. Not happy. Service was great!Special Features:
- A special experienceLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/3/2014We have dined at studio many times. We've never been disappointed in the creativity of the menu or the attention shown to us.Special Features:
- A spectacular dining experienceMrLadwackaderDined on 8/30/2014As first experiences at fine restaurants go, this one will be hard for us to beat. For our 30th anniversary, we had considered dining at Mastro's Ocean Club (one of our favorites in the Newport/Laguna area), but we wanted to try something new. Our service experience at the Montage was terrific, from the greeting we received from the valet, to all our interactions with the servers at Studio. Everyone performed at the top of their game, and the food, the signature cocktails, our wine and our desserts impressed us throughout. This was relaxed decadence, squared. In contrast to most restaurants with spectacular ocean views, Studio could be located in a windowless warehouse in downtown Los Angeles and still impress the most discerning diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentEaterVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always perfect, food exceptional, service impeccable! We always have our special occasion here!Special Features:
- Gorgeous Setting/Disappointing FoodfoodloverVIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything you would expect: elegant, beautiful, and romantic, with outrageous prices. Portions of dishes are ridiculously small, especially for the price. Pasta was gummy and chewy with 2 small pieces of stringy Dungeness crab. Service was overly solicitous yet inadequate--wait staff person said he'd move an umbrella so the sun wasn't in our eyes yet didn't return until the sun had set; glass of still water kept being refilled with sparkling water; timing of delivery of drinks and dishes was inconsistent...all in all, surprising given the stature/price of the place. Once is enough. Too bad, given the incomparable setting.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Fine dining with incredible detail and attention paid to entire experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were very excited to be celebrating our Three Year Anniversary at the Laguna Montage. It's was so beautiful right on the blue Pacific. We ate at two of the other restaurants at the Hotel and they were fabulous. Now we couldn't wait to go to the most expensive of the three. Boy was it. small portions and big prices. The food was good and very fancy but to leave there paying $500.00 for the two of us was a bit much! We did have a glass of an Italian wine that they had the nerve to charge $75.00/glass. Even embracing us over asking if we know the price, before ordering. We can read, but the wines by the glass were very few and very pricey to say the least. Would go back to Hotel, but not to the Studio, Restaurant.Special Features:
- Great except table/chair placementxoxorafVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to The Studio for our anniversary celebration and had an absolutely outstanding meal...... the wine list was exceptional and the staff was great. The big drawback for not being able to give 5 stars was the fact that both staff and other guests kept bumping into the back of my chair all evening long even though I was pulled up to the table as close as I could get (too close to really be comfortable actually). Table placement in the restaurant needs to be addressed. I'm really sorry I didn't ask for a different table so I could have completely enjoyed the evening and celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fjb6OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I should have made the reservation early afternoon for the scenic views....my wife and I had a fantastic, wonderful and romantic date....the food was great and service was top rated..we will be back again for sure with friends....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We really enjoyed it- again. Its our special occaison location. Great and attentive service and really good food. Perfect combination. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is very good even though the portions are small. The service is excellent. I had only one complaint. I told the restaurant that I was entertaining VIP clients from out of town and I wanted a good table. I reiterated this when I arrived early at the restaurant and the hostess told me it was a good table. They proceeded to seat us in a distant room by ourselves, when we could've have had a nice table outside and/or a table with a sunset view.Special Features:
- wow, the bad reviews were right.RaiderfrankVIPDined on 8/16/2014disappointing to say the least. the waiter seemed annoyed by us from the time he asked if we wanted our wine opened. Maybe he was upset we brought our own wine. When our food was dropped off, the waiter came by as we were sticking the first bite in our mouth and asked if everything was ok-not how it is done. Unfortunately, by the time we discovered how bad the food was, the waiter was nowhere to be seen; and, didn't return accept to shove the desert menu in our faces. The gentleman clearing our table didn't even bat an eyelash when he was clearing my full plate and I remarked how much my dogs will love my dinner. the beef medallions were bland. Everyone else had the John Dory and remarked it tasted like frozen mahi mahi. buyer beware.
- Good, ButGerryCDined on 8/16/2014Great Service, good food, small portions, High pricesSpecial Features:
- Best Dinner Everl3houstonVIPDined on 8/16/2014If you are lucky enough to eat here you are already winning but if you can score an outside table looking at the ocean...wow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wow! This place is amazing! Let's leave it at that... I was especially impressed with the wine team's knowledge and hospitality.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 8/14/2014OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO GO FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS - FANTASTIC SETTING AND THE AMBIANACE IS SUPERBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, ambianceNedaVIPDined on 8/12/2014I was very pleased with experience. They were attentive and paid attention to details.Special Features:
- OMG - The best!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/10/2014It was the most wonderful dining experiences we have ever had.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerSouthOCDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I came here to celebrate our anniversary and had the tasting menu. Our experience was wonderful, the food was fabulous, the pairings inspired and adventurous, the service attentive, and the view of the coast line while the sunset was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service, dark roomPercyDined on 7/31/2014Loved Studio. Prix Fixe menu is a revelation! Wonderful meal and service, but much too dark I. The dinning room. Made it difficult to enjoy the wonderful views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!EnJoyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Once again we enjoyed an amazing evening at The Studio...we dined al fresco with the setting sun and Pacific Ocean as our backdrop while experiencing culinary perfection under the watchful eye of an expert waitstaff (attentive yet never obtrusive). Absolutely one of the best restaurants in North America!Special Features:
- Lovely dinner!moniquevDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary, and had our 6 year old daughter in tow. They were so gracious and welcoming towards her (which you don't usually see at fine dining restaurants), I couldn't have asked for better. From the stuffed animal they presented her, to letting her design her own ice cream sundae in the kitchen. She enjoyed herself, which allowed us to be relaxed and enjoy as well. We enjoyed our dinner very much - sunset view, right by the water, gorgeous resort. The food was very good, but I have to say we were mostly impressed by the treatment we received, and the service...very gracious staff. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!asdfVIPDined on 7/26/2014We go to the Studio a few times a year for special occasions, and always wonder why we don't go there more often. We went for an early dinner on a sunny day, and the views as always were spectacular. Service is the best in Orange County - attentive but not obtrusive, and extremely detailed in knowledge and timing. And the food is incredible. Had the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairings, which is worth it just for the sommelier's descriptions of the wines. Did I mention the view?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LagunaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/25/2014Studio is always on our list when we travel to Laguna Beach. Never disappointed. Some meals better than others but that's probably the selections we make...we always leave with a sense of well-being.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Everything was excellent food, ambience, service. I would strongly recommend for a great dinner on the water. Only snag was when waiter told us they called ahead to valet and valet didn't get the message.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great nightTheGrandPooBaaDined on 7/23/2014We had an outside table an hour before sunset and stayed an hour after. The food and wine selections were superb. Dining doesn't get any better than this anywhere we have been in the world.Special Features:
- ImpecableBeforeBalletDined on 7/19/2014Everything was wonderful. Everyone was knowledgeably. Great view. Worth the expense.Special Features:
- Bridefor40yearsBridefor40yearsDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at The Studio. We were seated at a table on the terrace just as the sun set, stunning view! . We were never rushed, spent 2 1/2 hours over dinner. I had the beef tenderloin which melted in my mouth. My groom had the duck which he said was equally delicious. After our meal, they brought out a small dessert with Best Wishes on our Anniversary inscribed in chocolate. We were also sent home with two bottles of the Ice Tea my groom had raved about and a loaf of the most delicious cinnamon bread I'd ever had. But wait, it gets better. The valet had our car waiting and on the front seat were 2 Montage hats and a chilled bottle of champagne! The Studio will be an annual anniversary tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montage - The StudioSunnydaysDined on 7/19/2014I celebrated my birthday on Saturday at The Studio... it was absolutely wonderful... spectacular service, delicious food, fabulous view and just everything was so perfect. I have not been in two years and I just love that place... Can't wait for another special occasion to go again!! Top notch and first class all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findLoridDined on 7/17/2014This was my husband's birthday and we decided to splurge on the tasting menu with wine pairings. The pairings were PERFECT and the food was amazing. Portions were a perfect size so that we were satisfied but not full. It is expensive but so is a steak house and this was definitely food that I'd never try to make myself. Each course was unique and very special. The staff are super attentive, articulate and well informed. The sommelier and Roger specifically were delightful!Special Features:
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014They seated us at a very nice table with a great view and than came up to us and said they had a better table with a better view and it wasn't a better view and it was in a warmer area. I have never had that done to me beforeSpecial Features:
- Amazing ambiance, food lacking.westcoastDined on 7/8/2014I ate at the Studio with a party of 6. The location, view, and ambiance are outstanding at this restaurant. The service is also very good. However, as the night progressed, the attention paid to us by our waiters progressively declined. Because the evening started out with such excellent service, it was particularly noticeable when we were left alone for extended periods of time. The endive salad and scallops were a highlight of my meal. The salad was about as close to perfect as you could get. The cocktails were also excellent. However, the swordfish main course was over cooked on the outside and undercooked within. Though beautiful to look at, it was otherwise mediocre, which was disappointing after two excellent appetizers.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience overall!AmberzdelightsDined on 7/6/2014This place is hard to beat! The setting, food, and service are out of this world and worth every penny and the drive from LA. Marnie was outstanding! If you are faint of heart and unwilling to spend 100 plus per person, this is not the place for you. The sunset was amazing. Take your time, have drinks in the lounge in the lobby before dinner and sit in front of the fire pit afterwards. Very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014the setting is spectacular and the service inpecable. The food started out promising with a nice gazpachio, and a delicious shashimi. moving to the third course, a pasta with dungeness crab, a note of disapointment. The crab was not as fresh tasting or as flavorful as was expected. the souce was delicate and suitable however. Main course disappointed. The halibut was slightly overcooked and dry. The sorel sauce was excellant, however, but not enough to overcome the dryness of the fish. a $55 entre should be perfect. all in all it was a very enjoyable evening and there service was exceptional, but for a meal in this price range, i am sorry to say, Studio slightly missed the mark.Special Features:
- Awesome Anniversary!TonyDined on 7/3/2014We have enjoyed celebrating our anniversary at Studio for the past five years, in addition to other special occasions. The food is always beautiful to look at and delicious to taste, the service is unmatched, and a more breathtaking view cannot be found! The desserts of Vanilla Roasted Pineapple and Warm Berry Tart topped off an already wonderful meal. We continue coming back because we know we will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- horrible and rude table.next to usOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Was so excited to bring my girlfriend to the studio. The entire evening was ruined by a table of 8 business people who were loud and rude. The guys were telling rude jokes got louder as the evening progressed. Staff did nothing to calm them down as their bill was 4 times bigger than mine. Will skip this resort for any further reservations in the future. Wasted $500 and ruined our entire night.
- Perfect once againEmmaDined on 7/2/2014Another outstanding dinner at the Studio. This time we brought friends to share the special experience. We enjoyed older vintage wines that we had not had in years, the food and service were exceptional as always. It was delightful to be able to chat without a lot of noise and enjoy the perfect sunset.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary CelebrationSujataDined on 6/29/2014The Montage is a wonderful place for anniversary celebrations. All tables indoors and outdoors have a beautiful view. The restaurant interior is beautiful. The waiters are very knowledgeable about the menu items. Food was fantastic! I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection.We wish we had discovered this place many years ago. We are coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceBigDaddyDined on 6/28/2014We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at the Studio, and received the best attention / service, with great food, in a beautiful setting.Special Features: