Studio at Montage Laguna Beach
30801 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Studio at Montage Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.studiolagunabeach.com/
- Phone: (949) 715-6420
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Strong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: For the most cherished celebrations, only private dining will do. Montage Laguna Beach offers a variety of ways to combine the finest Southern California cuisine with an ambiance of complete comfort, privacy and impeccable service.
A word from Studio at Montage Laguna Beach
With a panoramic oceanfront location and modern French cuisine with California influences, Studio is the portrait of beachside indulgence. A refined and inventive menu reflects masterful attention to detail accented with an elegant, creative touch. Ocean breezes, panoramic views and lush landscapes create a refreshing sense of place at the water’s edge and a fitting backdrop for the shared enjoyment of fine food and wine. Menus include à la carte selections of starters, entrées, cheeses and desserts; and a six-course seasonal prix-fixe Chef’s Tasting Menu. The wine list includes more than 2,200 wine labels, an extensive menu of wines-by-the-glass and suggested wine pairings for each dish. Small plates are also offered at the communal table and the turn-of-the-century bar.Continued
Please note that Studio’s dress code does not permit shorts, tennis shoes, open-toed shoes, athletic or beach wear.
Please note that Studio’s dress code does not permit shorts, tennis shoes, open-toed shoes, athletic or beach wear.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Studio at Montage Laguna Beach - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Studio at Montage Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (68)scenic view (66)special occasion (66)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The Studio creates a magical experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014The studio at the montage is a first-class dining experience on every level. From the time you walk through the door to the time you leave there is not a better dining experience, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service fantastic! Food great! View outstanding!JimcaltiusVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is truly an experience to enjoy for a long time, the service is very special. The food is also wonderful though it didn't quite knock our socks off. I think the busier Studio is the better it is. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French foodSchaarkDined on 11/21/2014Great french food. Great wines. They grow half the meal in their backyard. You won't like everything but you will learn a little and be better for it. This is art, food and wine at it's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.JuanitaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Wonderful evening, great food, awesome service and xpectacular viewSpecial Features:
- Special occasionMVgalDined on 11/6/2014We dined at the Studio for a birthday celebration. The ambiance, setting, and views were spectacular. The food was amazing, and the service was impeccable. We highly recommend The Studio for any occasion.Special Features:
- Hard to beatTheGrandPooBaaVIPDined on 10/31/2014I have dined here twice and both experiences would rank in the top ten of my life. NY, Paris and many other locations come close but at the right time of day and the right time of year, the setting on the edge of the ocean is breathtaking. For foodies - exquisite. Service cannot be beat. If you are not an adventurous diner, save your $ for it is all about the quality. Yet my lady and I could not finish all that was offered and I am not a little person by any stretch of the imagination.Special Features:
- DisappointingOCLOCALVIPDined on 10/29/2014We went for my wife's birthday. Despite past experience, this one was very disappointing. We arrived a bit early for a cocktail and requested a certain table - the restaurant was quite empty - only to be told in a cold manner "… we only seat first come first served so I cannot guarantee a table…" even though we were standing there! She then concentrated on her computer in a very officious manner juggling who knows what. She is simply too self-important for the position and provided a very poor start. The venue is beautiful but the food was marginal: the starters were bland and my duck was over-cooked; no one asked why we did not eat it. The wine list extensive and the wait staff are excellent; they made the evening. I will not hurry back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/26/2014great service, nice menu, delicious food, love the indoor/outdoor diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buyer beware...sort ofoldwarriorDined on 10/26/2014You may think that this will be a BAD review because of the headline........but it's not. The food is terrific. Cal-French and similar but unique in it's own way to PATINA in Los Angeles. Depending on what is offered that particular night, you'd be hard pressed to find fault with either. But this is about STUDIO...let's stick with them. They have a few obvious advantages: a fantastic ocean view to set any kind of mood, the service is first rate. The bill can add up real quick when you include liquor which could be 25% to the bill. That's the BEWARE part.........otherwise worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impecable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014One of the best dinner experiences we have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanceAverageJoe52Dined on 10/25/2014From the stunning views of the Pacific to the amazing cuisine, Studio is an incredible experience all together. The staff was accommodating, attentive, friendly and informative. The patio overlooking the cliffs was perfect. Definitely going back for another occasion.Special Features:
- OutstandingEdlp49Dined on 9/26/2014The support wait staff was amazing. The two people from Vegas who served at the bar were very welcoming and personable. It was my husband's birthday and Chef Craig came to our table, what a wonderful touch! We could taste hints of herbs from their own gardens beside the restaurant. Top that off we incredible cliff and sea views! What's not to like!!Special Features:
- One of the BEST!JCarrollDined on 9/12/2014I am a self proclaimed foodie and have had some phenomenal meals at amazing establishments all over the world, but this definitely is in the top 3 of my best dining experiences ever. I highly recommend going at sunset and sitting outside. Every table outside has a gorgeous view of the pacific. Another strong recommendation is to do the tasting menu with wine pairings. Wine pairings are a must as they were the best I've ever encountered. Wonderful dining establishment; cannot sing it's praises enough! JCSpecial Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014From beginning to end, this was an eating experience to remember.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/3/2014The view from the patio is outstanding, that's the only reason I would go back there and maybe for the soufflé. I was disappointed with the food, it was very ordinary, the setting looks deceiving. I expected a gourmet meal... Not. My fish was prepared in a way that I would've made it better myself. Sorry. Not happy. Service was great!Special Features:
- A special experienceLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 9/3/2014We have dined at studio many times. We've never been disappointed in the creativity of the menu or the attention shown to us.Special Features:
- A spectacular dining experienceMrLadwackaderDined on 8/30/2014As first experiences at fine restaurants go, this one will be hard for us to beat. For our 30th anniversary, we had considered dining at Mastro's Ocean Club (one of our favorites in the Newport/Laguna area), but we wanted to try something new. Our service experience at the Montage was terrific, from the greeting we received from the valet, to all our interactions with the servers at Studio. Everyone performed at the top of their game, and the food, the signature cocktails, our wine and our desserts impressed us throughout. This was relaxed decadence, squared. In contrast to most restaurants with spectacular ocean views, Studio could be located in a windowless warehouse in downtown Los Angeles and still impress the most discerning diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentEaterVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always perfect, food exceptional, service impeccable! We always have our special occasion here!Special Features:
- Gorgeous Setting/Disappointing FoodfoodloverVIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything you would expect: elegant, beautiful, and romantic, with outrageous prices. Portions of dishes are ridiculously small, especially for the price. Pasta was gummy and chewy with 2 small pieces of stringy Dungeness crab. Service was overly solicitous yet inadequate--wait staff person said he'd move an umbrella so the sun wasn't in our eyes yet didn't return until the sun had set; glass of still water kept being refilled with sparkling water; timing of delivery of drinks and dishes was inconsistent...all in all, surprising given the stature/price of the place. Once is enough. Too bad, given the incomparable setting.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Fine dining with incredible detail and attention paid to entire experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were very excited to be celebrating our Three Year Anniversary at the Laguna Montage. It's was so beautiful right on the blue Pacific. We ate at two of the other restaurants at the Hotel and they were fabulous. Now we couldn't wait to go to the most expensive of the three. Boy was it. small portions and big prices. The food was good and very fancy but to leave there paying $500.00 for the two of us was a bit much! We did have a glass of an Italian wine that they had the nerve to charge $75.00/glass. Even embracing us over asking if we know the price, before ordering. We can read, but the wines by the glass were very few and very pricey to say the least. Would go back to Hotel, but not to the Studio, Restaurant.Special Features:
- Great except table/chair placementxoxorafVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went to The Studio for our anniversary celebration and had an absolutely outstanding meal...... the wine list was exceptional and the staff was great. The big drawback for not being able to give 5 stars was the fact that both staff and other guests kept bumping into the back of my chair all evening long even though I was pulled up to the table as close as I could get (too close to really be comfortable actually). Table placement in the restaurant needs to be addressed. I'm really sorry I didn't ask for a different table so I could have completely enjoyed the evening and celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fjb6OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I should have made the reservation early afternoon for the scenic views....my wife and I had a fantastic, wonderful and romantic date....the food was great and service was top rated..we will be back again for sure with friends....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We really enjoyed it- again. Its our special occaison location. Great and attentive service and really good food. Perfect combination. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is very good even though the portions are small. The service is excellent. I had only one complaint. I told the restaurant that I was entertaining VIP clients from out of town and I wanted a good table. I reiterated this when I arrived early at the restaurant and the hostess told me it was a good table. They proceeded to seat us in a distant room by ourselves, when we could've have had a nice table outside and/or a table with a sunset view.Special Features:
- wow, the bad reviews were right.RaiderfrankVIPDined on 8/16/2014disappointing to say the least. the waiter seemed annoyed by us from the time he asked if we wanted our wine opened. Maybe he was upset we brought our own wine. When our food was dropped off, the waiter came by as we were sticking the first bite in our mouth and asked if everything was ok-not how it is done. Unfortunately, by the time we discovered how bad the food was, the waiter was nowhere to be seen; and, didn't return accept to shove the desert menu in our faces. The gentleman clearing our table didn't even bat an eyelash when he was clearing my full plate and I remarked how much my dogs will love my dinner. the beef medallions were bland. Everyone else had the John Dory and remarked it tasted like frozen mahi mahi. buyer beware.
- Good, ButGerryCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great Service, good food, small portions, High pricesSpecial Features:
- Best Dinner Everl3houstonVIPDined on 8/16/2014If you are lucky enough to eat here you are already winning but if you can score an outside table looking at the ocean...wow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wow! This place is amazing! Let's leave it at that... I was especially impressed with the wine team's knowledge and hospitality.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 8/14/2014OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO GO FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS - FANTASTIC SETTING AND THE AMBIANACE IS SUPERBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, ambianceNedaVIPDined on 8/12/2014I was very pleased with experience. They were attentive and paid attention to details.Special Features:
- OMG - The best!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 8/10/2014It was the most wonderful dining experiences we have ever had.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerSouthOCDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I came here to celebrate our anniversary and had the tasting menu. Our experience was wonderful, the food was fabulous, the pairings inspired and adventurous, the service attentive, and the view of the coast line while the sunset was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service, dark roomPercyDined on 7/31/2014Loved Studio. Prix Fixe menu is a revelation! Wonderful meal and service, but much too dark I. The dinning room. Made it difficult to enjoy the wonderful views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!EnJoyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Once again we enjoyed an amazing evening at The Studio...we dined al fresco with the setting sun and Pacific Ocean as our backdrop while experiencing culinary perfection under the watchful eye of an expert waitstaff (attentive yet never obtrusive). Absolutely one of the best restaurants in North America!Special Features:
- The following 437 reviews are from the Studio at Montage Laguna Beach reviews archive.
- Always Amazing!asdfVIPDined on 7/26/2014We go to the Studio a few times a year for special occasions, and always wonder why we don't go there more often. We went for an early dinner on a sunny day, and the views as always were spectacular. Service is the best in Orange County - attentive but not obtrusive, and extremely detailed in knowledge and timing. And the food is incredible. Had the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairings, which is worth it just for the sommelier's descriptions of the wines. Did I mention the view?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LagunaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/25/2014Studio is always on our list when we travel to Laguna Beach. Never disappointed. Some meals better than others but that's probably the selections we make...we always leave with a sense of well-being.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Everything was excellent food, ambience, service. I would strongly recommend for a great dinner on the water. Only snag was when waiter told us they called ahead to valet and valet didn't get the message.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great nightTheGrandPooBaaVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had an outside table an hour before sunset and stayed an hour after. The food and wine selections were superb. Dining doesn't get any better than this anywhere we have been in the world.Special Features:
- ImpecableBeforeBalletDined on 7/19/2014Everything was wonderful. Everyone was knowledgeably. Great view. Worth the expense.Special Features: