Stroubes Seafood and Steak
107 Third Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Stroubes Seafood and Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stroubes.com/
- Phone: 2254482830
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Scott Varnedoe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Stroubes Seafood and Steak
Upscale down south dining. Casual dining with open window view of downtown. Beautiful bar setting accompanied with a relaxing lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stroubes Seafood and Steak - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Stroubes Seafood and Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (36)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (13)scenic view (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wife's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Brought my wife and her mother for dinner and had a great time. The food was fabulous as well as the cocktails. The crab and corn gnocchi was excellent. Over all a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding customer service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was the day of our anniversary. I would like to thank the server for the exceptional service. The employee was outstanding in the way she delivered our meal and service. She was also very professional and personable with my dining experience. Thank you so much! It was an experience I will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vickispur1Dined on 9/4/2014Great place and atmosphere. Loved waiter. Food entirely too salty! Did not return but just slid it over to the side. I was told this by previous customers but we like salt so we came anyway. Very disappointed with only that. The food was cooked perfectly and great service- just not able to eat. Will not come back until something can change.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I do like Stroubes, and will go back. All of our entrees were excellent. My only complaint-the starter Stroubes salad was way overworked, and incredibly salty. The only disappointment in an otherwise very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Stroube's declineBadbutchDined on 8/29/2014We have been there before to dine and the food and service was excellent---wonderful experience. This time it was different. The server seemed confused about our order. One of our party ordered ribs and we were told that they were out ( we had an early reservation ). We asked if she could be sure and she returned and said that had one left which we ordered. The server came back at least once to verify our order. When the food arrived it was okay but not nearly as good as our previous visits. Even my dirty Vodka Martini was okay. For the price of the food it was not up to par as before.Special Features:
- Dependable for Fine DiningCheckThisOutDined on 8/29/2014Stroube's always has terrific food and offers a contemporary, upscale decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Competent, but not stellar. The kitchen isn't blazing exciting trails but it does what it does well enough. You won't get a bad meal here, but you won't get a great one either. Still, it's one of the stronger kitchens in downtown Baton Rouge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014This was my first visit to Stroubes. I had heard good things, so I had high expectations. While the food and service were fine, it was disappointing, because it was definitely not to the standard reflected by their prices. I expected more of a fine dining experience at those rates.
- Downtown has come a long way!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Great dinner. The redfish special and the Grouper dish were outstanding. Enjoyed sitting by the windows and people watching. Nice beer choices.Special Features:
- Stroubes always deliversVipFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Stroubes always delivers a great evening. We enjoy seeing what downtown has become. stroubes is a great cornerstone for dining in downtown Baton RougeSpecial Features:
- Overall Very Nice EveningRMS225Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I chose Stroube's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our reserved table was ready when we arrived. Our server was attentive and knew the menu well, making great suggestions. The food was delicious and arrived quickly. It was a very enjoyable evening, in every way. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wonderfulBoxerFiveDined on 8/21/2014A little expensive but food was prepared perfectly, service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Only OkayAlyar1Dined on 8/18/2014The sides are delish but the entree (meat) not so much. For that price I would go to Ruth Chris or Flemings for the meat. For cheaper I would consider Bonefish or The Rum House. It wasn't as exciting as I had hoped.Special Features:
- Memorable MealMKateDined on 8/16/2014The service and food was excellent. Had the pork belly appetizer for a starter and it was great. The fish special was one of the best fish entrée I've had in a long time. Unfortunately didn't have room for dessert but I won't make that mistake again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environmentluvtodineDined on 8/15/2014Great environment. The food was really good. We did have a group next to us that was somewhat loud but otherwise the environment, service, and food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at StroubesWyattDined on 8/14/2014A wonderful evening- all around! You guys made of feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsCarolVIPDined on 8/11/2014We took a friend from Denver to dinner on a week night, and Striube's did not disappoint. One of the most consistent and enjoyable restaurants in the City.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Baton RougeYowzaDined on 8/11/2014This is my 4th visit to Stroubes and once again, the food and service were amazing. The salmon was delish and I especially liked the Seghesio wine. $12 is a great price for that too? This is a beautiful restaurant and I will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Very niceRfalgoutDined on 8/8/2014The duck and andouille egg roll appetizer was delicious, then had the turtle soup and Stoubes salad, both very good. The ribeye steak we had was cooked perfectly. It was a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentmomoDined on 7/29/2014We go there often but choose two different dishes. Pasta dish too spicy and ribs were over cooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014Great spot downtown across from the town square. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- enjoyedTazdogVIPDined on 7/25/2014This has been one of the best places I have ate this year so far! and we eat out a lot. great menu severs very good spaced food out nice really enjoyable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, location, locationPortofinoVIPDined on 7/25/2014Picked it because we needed to be in that area for the evening. Service attentive. Limited wine options. Food acceptable but did not stand out. In season Produce should have been fresher for a July meal. Probably will not go back.
- wonderful experienceluv2dineDined on 7/19/2014My first time there, service was great, food excellent & our server was really wonderful n handling our needs. Looking forward to visiting the restaurant again. DMitri WilliamsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, WILL BE BACK!!LashkVIPDined on 7/18/2014This place had awesome food and the atmosphere was very nice. We went there using 225 vouchers and now we're sold. We will definitely be going back. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBirthdayDinnerDined on 7/15/2014....our waiter Matthew was very attentive without being over-attentive! I tried the pork ribs for the first time and they were so very tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A retreat for TwoMyXpressionDined on 7/11/2014We shared our 22nd Anniversary dinner together in a cozy booth. Wine, starters, entree and service just at the appropriate moments. Thanks Stroube's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Friendly Staff, great food, never had a bad meal here. Service was wonderful - bar tender Nick great guy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extreme DisappointmentwallyDined on 6/24/2014Stroubes is conveniently located and has been widely praised. My wife, a friend and I ordered from the Summer Lunch menu. We had the shrimp remoulade, the duck and berry salad and pan-fried catfish with okra and parmesan cream, and promptly returned the remoulade and the salad, which were simply inedible. The shrimp were tough, fibrous and tasteless, served with a thin sauce that in no way resembled a remoulade. The duck meat seemed to be scraped from duck backs and neck that had boiled for hours at the bottom of a stock pot. It was nicely presented on baby spinach and adorned with fresh berries, then covered with a bitter, strangely flavored dressing. The catfish was attractive and well prepared. Maybe we should have ordered steaks.
- Way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Very loud. Food was average at best. Except for the delicious bread pudding. Very little privacy due to table arrangements.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Dinner before a show at Manship. Service was very good. Delicious corn, crab, & brie bisque & chargrilled mahi mahi. Will definitely return.
- Enjoyable ExperiencePickleDined on 6/18/2014We were simply wanting to try a new place and were very pleased. Our waitress was very attentive and had excellent knowledge of the menu items. The menu had several unusual dishes that I dont know if I would have tried them if not for her suggestions. The choices she recommended were outstanding for everything. The Stroube Roll Appetizer is a must...Delicious and tasty! Staff were very accomodating and willing to satisfy every customer. If I had to find any negatives it was that the wine selection was not very abundant in the varieties that I favor and prices were a little over the top on the entrees and wine. I would recommend this place for a nice relaxing or romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014Had lunch there and everything was spot on. I will be back next Wednesday to try the daily lunch special of Chicken and Waffles. Again thank you to the staff for making copies for me.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful atmosphere, incredible food, surprisingly large portions. Awesome experience.Special Features:
- Great Place for a mealSteakmanDined on 6/14/2014The service and ambience were outstanding! I had the 6 ounce filet cooked medium with a side of the best creamed spinach I have ever eaten. I am a steakhouse junkie and I guarantee that the creamed spinach was the best I've eaten. The steak was cooked to perfection and my blue cheese wedge with carmelized onions was outstanding. My wife had the southern fried chicken and she did not like the main part of the dish. The chicken seemed like it was pre-cooked, however, the okra and andouille sausage sauce that accompanied the dish was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Turtle SoupLSUcomestiblerVIPDined on 6/13/2014My turtle soup was outstanding! My wife had the corn and crab bisque and it was excellent as well. The entrees was really good but nothing spectacular. Service was good. But the mixed drinks were not made very well.Special Features:
- Pre miss USA dinnerVipFoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great start to a great evening downtown. Referred by our hotel seated promptly. A little loud due to the crowd but not their fault. Great job.Special Features:
- A good restaurant for any occasionJajingDined on 6/4/2014My wife and I treated my staff to dinner. The food was well presented, well flavored and enabled everyone to have a enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food, excellent service!supadave3Dined on 5/31/2014My girlfriend and I dined at Stroubes for a special date night. We made reservations for 7:00 on a Saturday night and were seated upon arrival. The server was immediately at our table offering cocktails. We instead ordered a very reasonably priced btl of Pinot. At the suggestion of the server, we had the Stroube Roll for an app and it was fantastic. We had the duck and the redfish special for entrees and both were amazing and very generous portions. As stuffed as we were, we heard how delicious the bread pudding was so we had to order it and it was by far the best bread pudding I've ever tasted. The manager delivered the dessert and ensured our visit was perfect. Stroubes knocked it out the park and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCajunEagleDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I truly enjoyed our dinner. The Red Fish was perfectly cooked, and the service was wonderful. We have been talking about that meal for days, now, and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 466 reviews are from the Stroubes Seafood and Steak reviews archive.