3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
STRIPSTEAK - Mandalay Bay - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mandalaybay.com/
- Phone: (702) 632-7414
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Nightly
Bar and Lounge: 4pm Daily
Happy Hour: 4pm-6pm $4 Beers, $8 Well Drinks, bar food menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Gerald Chin
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seating:
Private Dining: up to 42 guests
Semi-Private Dining: up to 70 guests
Cocktail Receptions: up to 50 guests
Please contact Mandalay Bay Group Dining
at (702) 632-7447 or
- Private Party Contact: MB Group Dining 7026327447x
- Special Events: NIGHTLY HAPPY HOUR: 4pm to 6pm
$4 beers, $8 well drinks, bar food menu
STRIPSTEAK features a menu rife with imaginative interpretations of classic steakhouse favorites using state-of-the-art kitchen equipment. STRIPSTEAK offers a variety of beef options, including Certified Angus Beef and American Wagyu beef and is home to two wood-burning grills and six circulating, slow-poaching chambers. The signature slow-poaching method enhances flavor and tenderness by heating the meat at a low temperature, while the mesquite-smoked grills infuse cuts with a subtle smokiness.
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Hands down the best meal of my life...... and loved that i went on my honeymoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip Steak is always a winner.akashawnthomasVIPDined on 11/24/2014Have been many times and it never disappoints. Thanks to a great team and to the chef for an amazing amuse bouche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmmmshoopDined on 11/23/2014I'm a food snob,and I absolutely loved the wagyu beef. Everything else was good but not particularly memorable. And I know it's Vegas, but it seemed expensive for what you got.
- Everything Great But The SteakFilipinoFoodieVIPDined on 11/20/2014Appetizer (Instant Bacon) was amazing, dessert (chocolate hazelnut) was superb, but the steak was kinda yucky. They poach it in oil before putting it on the grill, and it arrived still dripping in oil. I don't like the preparation at all. So you're paying top-notch Las Vegas Strip prices for steak that just isn't great, or even all that good. Also, the Scotch menu, which was my ulterior motive for going to StripSteak, is VERY pricey. By the way, our server was the best. But in the end you go to a steakhouse for the steak, which is why I'll never go back to StripSteak.
- Great recommendation0manDined on 11/17/2014Food was great, starting with the fries instead of bread. Service good, no issues. Just very very expensive. Would be good to have a smaller filet option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night....but not as good as possibleTjGonzoDined on 11/14/2014Came here with my wife for my birthday while in Vegas. Made our reservations a month or more ahead and were taken to a table closest to the bus station and sitting on a sofa that is way too low for comfortable dining unless you are 6'6". Asked to me moved to a normal table and we were right away. the reason this bothered me is a couple without a reservation walked up ahead of us and were given what to me appeared to be a nice table from the start. so that remedied on to the food. Butternut squash soup was wonderful, the 3 Beet salad looked beautiful but was a bit underwhelming on flavor. I had the 8 oz Wagyu ribeye and my wife ordered the Angus Tenderloin. Both were cooked perfectly and the tenderloin was as to be expected tender and delicious. My steak was delicious but was not nearly as tender as I expected of a Wagyu steak. Not bad just not any better than any Choice or Prime steak for $20 less. Trio of Pureed Potatoes were excellent. I found the dessert menu lacking so we passed. Server was excellent. While I did enjoy my meal as did my wife it just fell a little short of expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoSavedaveDined on 11/11/2014The service and food were first class, maybe a bit noisy for a romantic DinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great atmosphereKim7Dined on 11/10/2014Wow, the bar was set high. We started with the instant bacon appetizer...a little too fatty for my taste, but was still amazing, especially the presentation as a bowl of smoke was lifted off it as it was served. I got the Kobe filet with foie gras, hubby got the ribeye...both were out if this world. Sides were truly spectacular...we got the broccolini and also the mushrooms. Great manhattan as well. Awesome place, definitely will return and recommend to all who go to Vegas, will become a regular of ours! Did not have any service issues, everyone was available/responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Strip Steak I remember...ChrisVIPDined on 11/9/2014First, we (used to) LOVE Strip Steak. We were really disappointed on this visit. It was a Sunday night, but it was pretty busy. The waitress was friendly, but then disappeared. We were stuck at the mercy of the neighboring tables waitress. She was pleasant, but we were not her table so the service was sub-par. However, the real bummer was the food. I have very high expectations for Strip Steak based on our past experience. This time though - the steaks were way over cooked. The glorious mac and cheese? Bland and dry this time. The broccolini - delivered raw, send back, then returned burnt. Finally, the desserts were just not good. If you're expecting wow, it was more of a "meh..." Hopefully this was just a bad night.
- Not what I thoughtCincyChrisDined on 11/9/2014We like a good steakhouse and always go to one of the highest rated (by AAA standards) during our annual visit to Las Vegas. I have to say that I have not been too impressed with many of them for one reason or another. They probably all ranked good or better, but most have underwhelmed us. Strip Steak was no exception. The food just did not live up to expectation, especially the Angus strip which we ordered. It was definitely well below acceptable. On the other hand, the pork belly appetizer, chef's special french fries introduction, and the au gratin potatoes were outstanding. Sadly, just another overpriced Las Vegas restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Great experience! Went with a group of 5, excellent service, steak that melts in your mouth, vast wine list....what's not to love?Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014Steaks were cooked to perfection. Excellent cocktails. Perfectly paced serviceSpecial Features:
- Very disappointing endingdoctorEDined on 11/8/2014Overall food was very good to excellent. The oysters tasted fresh out of the ocean, and our steaks (New York Strip and Filet Mignon) were cooked to perfection. The sommelier was right on the mark keeping our wine glasses replenished. Unfortunately, once our entree was served we fell off the Server's radar. Our water glasses dried up, and our dinner plates sat after our dinner was finished. Bussing finally removed them, and we were given a dessert menu. We were left unattended for a prolonged period again. When the waiter showed we were out of time and asked for the check. There was no attempt to make up for the poor finish, nor an apology. It has been a long time (years) since I left a 15% gratuity in an Upscale Restaurant.
- Great splurge for great steak!GoodLifeFoodDined on 11/7/2014Be prepared to pay but the food is worth it! The 30 oz porterhouse was perfect to share with 2 others. Especially since you will want to try the appetizers like the Maine lobster fritters. And don't forget the 3 kinds of fries with accompanying sauces that come to the table ahead! The creamed spinach was divine and the mac and cheese is now my all time fave. The wine selection is huge with wines from $50 to who knows? We saw a few in the $600 to $800 range (yikes but hey it's Vegas!). The service was great! Everyone seems happy to work there. Casual or dressy you will fit in and the staff makes you feel welcome. I would definitely return! I now want to try Michael Mina's other locations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad servicePjvtoochDined on 11/4/2014We had a group of 8. Nobody approached our table for over 20 minutes. We waived somebody down who sent over a manager to take our order. The manager didn't appear to have a clue on what to do and tried to force us to order our entrees first. We advised her we prefer to order drinks, wine, and apps before we order entrees. This seemed to anger the manager. She took our appetizer order and walked away without talking to anyone. About 5 minutes later our server came by to gret our table and take drink orders. She advised us to get 2 of every side. Turned out to be a complete waste as we only ate 1 of every side. Took 2 1/2 hours to have dinner. Our steaks were on the cold side, but nobody complained because we just wanted out of the place.
- Great PlaceWzrd0311Dined on 11/3/2014Food and service was amazing as always. We have been several times and will continue to go back!!Special Features:
- Service not caringPatriciaDined on 10/31/2014We told the hostess when we were seated that we were making the hotel show at 7:00. We arrived at 5:30. We had appetizer and dinner and was late for show. Appetizer came timely but the dinner (no special instructions) took forever. We reminded server of show and she replied don't worry. Still nothing. One of our party finished quickly and ordered coffee. She came back in a few minutes to say she just put a pot on. Are you kidding me in such a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- always great.NovaEaterDined on 10/29/2014always great and will continue to be annual pilgrimage for me. i don't like much about Vegas any more, but this is one of the things i do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable StekJeffDined on 10/28/2014I arranged a group dinner for 9, with 3 of the 9 visiting from Germany. We were all blown away by the quality of the steaks we were served. We also enjoyed the Belgian beer selections. The noise level was pretty high, but this was understandable given its open Mandalay Bay location.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Best overall dining experience. Steaks are awesome, sides are perfect, and dessert is heavenly! Tried the beignets and New Orleans should be embarassed.Special Features:
- Not worth to be called a steakhousePabloPatronDined on 10/24/2014We went here for a dinner with a party of 9. We had Wabyu Steak in all different kinds. Rib eye, filet, special of the day for $170, also had the strip steak. All steaks were absolutely horrible. Especially the one for $170 was not worth anything. A total disappointment. Definitely won't go there again.Special Features:
- My prefered restaurant in VegasjpherreraDined on 10/23/2014Don't miss the A5 Japanese Kobe beef, the Rib Cap cut and tartare are really magnificent! ...the french fries are unique, please try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PelicanPelicanVIPDined on 10/23/2014Steak was not worth the price. Much better at Gibson's or Morton's
- Too little food for the priceStillHungryDined on 10/22/2014With over the top pricing for their steaks, you'd expect a nice size portion of meat on your plate. Not at Stripsteak! I ordered the lamb and what came out was four small cubes of meat. However perfectly favored and cooked, this was an appetizer portion for $42.00! For dessert, The Apple Crisp gets $18.00. This is not my idea of dropping good money for a good meal.Special Features:
- Awesome team dinnerAquaman01Dined on 10/21/2014what an excellent place, staff and environment! awesome service and food!Special Features:
- Delicious!Katef00dDined on 10/20/2014Will definitely be back next time I'm in town. Food was delicious, the pear martini was amazing, and we had great service. Pricey, but definitely worth it for a great steak dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't read the wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We had a large party that loves wine. We had 5 of our party attempt to choose the wine, not one of us could not get the I Pad wine list to function so we could appropriately review the list in order to choose the wine. After all 5 Type A's gave up, we requested the wine steward. It really removed the fun of choosing the wine. Until they changed this I would not return.Special Features:
- Best steak in Vegas!Gus1Dined on 10/20/2014The wagyu rib cap is the best steak money can buy. The service is always excellent and te food is unbeatable. I had crab springrolls and they were crisp on the outside, peppery and lemony in the filling. The amuse of duck fries is always a hit. Wrapping it up, great food, great service and a mugs for anyone who claims to like steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Great Herefoodreview123Dined on 10/18/2014Our reservation was 30 minutes late. The hostess was very overwhelmed with the number of people there and our service was pretty poor. We sat at our table for at least 15 minutes before anyone came over. Our waitress forgot drinks we ordered. Overall it was way too expensive for the experience, service and quality. Would not go back or recommend.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerbigdaddysdinnerDined on 10/18/2014it was my dads birthday my parents really enjoyed the food the service was above average.Special Features:
- Dining OutDanaXDined on 10/12/2014I heard that this was a great dining option at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas and that I needed to check it out. The food and service was amazing. I highly recommend the Mac and Cheese as well as the delicious Hanger Steak. The Steak was cooked just right and had amazing flavor. My only issue with this restaurant is the noise level. I am not sure if it is the space that echoes or just the volume of dining guests but you can barely hear your table companions. Other than the noise volume the experience was great and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak in Mandalay BaywestsidemomVIPDined on 10/11/2014The trio of fries they serve at the beginning of the meal to every table (instead of bread) is what sold me! The bar tender made an excellent old-fashioned. Wine list was great. Started with the kale salad, which was one of the best kale salads I've ever had, and then ordered the Angus filet mignon. Everything was excellent and I'd definitely recommend it to someone looking for a great meal in Mandalay Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowDined on 10/9/2014Our order took much too long to be served. My steak was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealVpintiDined on 10/9/2014Very nice food presentation taste was very good with a nice assortment of entreesSpecial Features:
- Business DinnereaterouterDined on 10/8/2014Took important clients to Stripsteak- It did not disappoint. The 10oz filets were cooked with expert skill. We all commented that we could not do this at home! Apps were unique and interesting. Wine was excellent. At dinner during conventions the noise level is high, so those hard of hearing should consider options.Special Features:
- Excellent diningMikeDined on 10/6/2014Our group went here based on several Open Table reviews. We were not disappointed. When we realized the chef also had the steak house at Billagio, we knew it was going fro be great. Steaks cooked perfectly, side dishes enough to share. The flat iron was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014This was the first time my husband and I visited this restaurant, outstanding. We both had a Waygu beef amazing, drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestSteakloverdbspDined on 10/3/2014I've been to pretty much every top steakhouse in the US. Peter Lugar's, DelFrisco's, Metropolitan, Capital Grille, Jimmy Kelly's, Bern's, Smith &'Wollensky, Ruth Chris, Keen, Sparks, etc. even to the real churassco's in Rio. Plus many many more. This place was the best ever. Not even close by any standards, this place breaks the mold. From the perfectly fried fries that came complimentary instead of bread, to a wedge salad that was better than most, to a terrific wine list, to impeccable service, that would be enough. Then comes to the steak, best I've ever had. This place is the absolute bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Food was outstanding! The steaks were the best we've ever had!Special Features:
- CfoodloverVIPDined on 9/30/2014Food was excellent but service was painfully slow. We had an early reservation and there was not many tables but it took forever.