3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
STRIPSTEAK - Mandalay Bay - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mandalaybay.com/
- Phone: 7026327414
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Nightly
Bar and Lounge: 4pm Daily
Happy Hour: 4pm-6pm $4 Beers, $8 Well Drinks, bar food menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Gerald Chin
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seating:
Private Dining: up to 42 guests
Semi-Private Dining: up to 70 guests
Cocktail Receptions: up to 50 guests
Please contact Mandalay Bay Group Dining
at (702) 632-7447 or
- Private Party Contact: MB Group Dining 7026327447x
- Special Events: NIGHTLY HAPPY HOUR: 4pm to 6pm
$4 beers, $8 well drinks, bar food menu
STRIPSTEAK features a menu rife with imaginative interpretations of classic steakhouse favorites using state-of-the-art kitchen equipment. STRIPSTEAK offers a variety of beef options, including Certified Angus Beef and American Wagyu beef and is home to two wood-burning grills and six circulating, slow-poaching chambers. The signature slow-poaching method enhances flavor and tenderness by heating the meat at a low temperature, while the mesquite-smoked grills infuse cuts with a subtle smokiness.
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Nothing Great HereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our reservation was 30 minutes late. The hostess was very overwhelmed with the number of people there and our service was pretty poor. We sat at our table for at least 15 minutes before anyone came over. Our waitress forgot drinks we ordered. Overall it was way too expensive for the experience, service and quality. Would not go back or recommend.Special Features:
- Dining OutDanaXDined on 10/12/2014I heard that this was a great dining option at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas and that I needed to check it out. The food and service was amazing. I highly recommend the Mac and Cheese as well as the delicious Hanger Steak. The Steak was cooked just right and had amazing flavor. My only issue with this restaurant is the noise level. I am not sure if it is the space that echoes or just the volume of dining guests but you can barely hear your table companions. Other than the noise volume the experience was great and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak in Mandalay BaywestsidemomVIPDined on 10/11/2014The trio of fries they serve at the beginning of the meal to every table (instead of bread) is what sold me! The bar tender made an excellent old-fashioned. Wine list was great. Started with the kale salad, which was one of the best kale salads I've ever had, and then ordered the Angus filet mignon. Everything was excellent and I'd definitely recommend it to someone looking for a great meal in Mandalay Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowDined on 10/9/2014Our order took much too long to be served. My steak was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealVpintiDined on 10/9/2014Very nice food presentation taste was very good with a nice assortment of entreesSpecial Features:
- Business DinnereaterouterDined on 10/8/2014Took important clients to Stripsteak- It did not disappoint. The 10oz filets were cooked with expert skill. We all commented that we could not do this at home! Apps were unique and interesting. Wine was excellent. At dinner during conventions the noise level is high, so those hard of hearing should consider options.Special Features:
- Excellent diningMikeDined on 10/6/2014Our group went here based on several Open Table reviews. We were not disappointed. When we realized the chef also had the steak house at Billagio, we knew it was going fro be great. Steaks cooked perfectly, side dishes enough to share. The flat iron was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014This was the first time my husband and I visited this restaurant, outstanding. We both had a Waygu beef amazing, drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestSteakloverdbspDined on 10/3/2014I've been to pretty much every top steakhouse in the US. Peter Lugar's, DelFrisco's, Metropolitan, Capital Grille, Jimmy Kelly's, Bern's, Smith &'Wollensky, Ruth Chris, Keen, Sparks, etc. even to the real churassco's in Rio. Plus many many more. This place was the best ever. Not even close by any standards, this place breaks the mold. From the perfectly fried fries that came complimentary instead of bread, to a wedge salad that was better than most, to a terrific wine list, to impeccable service, that would be enough. Then comes to the steak, best I've ever had. This place is the absolute bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Food was outstanding! The steaks were the best we've ever had!Special Features:
- CfoodloverVIPDined on 9/30/2014Food was excellent but service was painfully slow. We had an early reservation and there was not many tables but it took forever.
- A HitTheDinerVIPDined on 9/30/2014We've dined at StripSteak 4 or 5 times. Never been disappointed. The Trio of French Fries are exceptional as an appetizer (complimentary). Steaks perfectly cooked. Nothing but good things to say.Special Features:
- A Vegas favorite...TracyVIPDined on 9/30/2014We just love StripSteak! Even though I'm not a big red meat eater, I get a few of their small plates, the variety is amazing, and it's a meal that I look forward to enjoying every time we're out. Glenn, our server, was so friendly and welcoming. He has taken care of us in previous visits, and always remembers us. It's such a great feeling to be remembered and acknowledged in a city like Vegas, where turnover is constant. From the duck fat fries (yes...duck. fat. fries.) at the beginning, to a specialty cocktail at the end, you're going to have fun and enjoy every bite! Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Great Steak, Sides and Service!MandMDined on 9/28/2014My sisters and I visited Strip Steak on a recommendation from my son who has been there twice. We loved everything about the place! The service was very friendly and helpful at suggestions for food and wine! Because we wanted to try more than one side and salad, they even plated the food into three servings for us which is well beyond what was expected! The steak 16 oz. bone in ribeye was melt in your mouth delicious! We loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyfoodforthoughtDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant is finished with 100 percent hard finishes so all of the noise reverberates. You cannot have a conversation across the table without yelling. The food was just average. There is no real reason to go there twice. Oh well, the wine was very good.Special Features:
- Best Steak EverWorthThePriceDined on 9/24/2014We return to this restaurant everytime we stay at the Mandalay. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stripsteak, the Experience!CraigD007Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant was busy and full of life. The food was made to perfection and oh so delicious. The staff was attentive, accommodating, professional and thoroughly wonderful. Our waiter Joseph was spectacular. He was very communicative. He made our night very special. The other members were also very nice. I will be visiting this location again and would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone I know. Great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JfTravelerDined on 9/21/2014Service was great from the time we were met by the hostess and throughout the meal . Outstanding wine list and a very help Sommelier. Very typical steak house with wide selection of a la carte side dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was awesome!IlovegreatdiningDined on 9/20/2014The steak melts in your mouth! Everything we ordered was terrific along with the service and ambience! Very pricey but worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceandocpaDined on 9/19/2014Had dinner there on a Friday night with 3 buddies. Everything was great. Food, Service, Atmosphere were all excellent. Everything you would expect at a Vegas steak house. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Whenever we visit vegas we always go to stripsteak. This is only once per year on average, but it's always a good experience. This was our 2nd visit this year ..the waiter remembered us, wherever sat and even what we are last visit. That added to the excellent food. We had just arrived from a trip to Alaska, our server even mentioned this to our some lure who was Alaskan, opening up conversation and maintaining the caring friendly impression of the whole staff. We will be back!Special Features:
- SoHumboldtDined on 9/18/2014went with three co-workers, all with varied tastes. Appetizers were thought to be the least successful (foie gras dumpling was somewhat flavorless and over cooked, and the sauce had little flavor; lobster fritter was fairly monotone in taste, mostly smoky bacon), the house fries would have been perfect on their own... Main courses were 3 different steaks. All were very, very good, and cooked perfectly, and one king crab leg dinner - too soft and oddly mushy, which was rapidly traded for a rib cap. Three sides were all fairly successful (creamed spinach, Brussels sprouts, potato gratin) though a bit heavily salted for my taste. Beignets with three sauces were shared and enjoyed. Would go again. Very, very expensive. Excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent steak....preparation was perfect. Server was enthusiastic and cute!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceDAVEDined on 9/9/2014Had a great time there. Had surf and turf and it was the best I had on this trip! Had the Cesar salad and it was top notch. Service was fast and friendly! Its a Michael Mina place which is also a selling point in my mind!Special Features:
- great all aroundMaleks1Dined on 9/6/2014great menu overall. 8Oz wagyu filet was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticphuketpabloDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding service, o.k. winelist (I say o.k. as many of the whites on the list are vintages beginning to get a bit elderly, 2011's......huh?), but really,really fantastic food. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014We came on a quiet night (mid-week) and were comfortably seated in a semi-private section at the back of the restaurant. The wait staff was great with us, from prompt service to great wine recommendations. We obviously came for steaks and were not disappointed. They were perfectly cooked (rare and medium-rare). The experience was great overall and we had a great night.Special Features:
- overdoneMHSTDined on 9/1/2014I am sure that when Mina is there it is wonderful. However, our meal was well done, not medium rare as ordered. Sides were far too salty. Better choices for dinner are out there.
- You have to try the friesOgreen32Dined on 8/31/2014Outside of amazing entrees, the fries that they bring out are amazing. They're cooked in duck fat and have 3 different dipping sauces. It was a great way to start the meal. My wife and I went here before going to see Michael Jackson one and they made sure they got us our food in a timely manner so that we could make the show. I would gladly return to this place again. It's worth a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnersouthbayDined on 8/30/20144 adults and 4 teenagers. Excellent service and fun ambiance. Food was very good as one would expect for top end steak house. Filet better than NY, which surprised me. For special event would recommend, but a little pricey for typical dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious summer prix fixe menuFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014The heirloom tomatoes with crispy guanciale and basil puree was a very good appetizer. The main lobster fritters and the instant bacon (pork belly) was delicious. The stripsteak and lobster claw was a good surf & turf combo. The stripsteak had lots of flavor and is on the fattier side, which I like. The strawberry shortcake had a unique twist with pop rocks candy. The mascarpone cheesecake was not too dense and refreshing.Special Features:
- Amazing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/30/2014Staff went above and beyond. Meal was amazing. Staff was very kind. I highly recommend. We will return on our next trip!Special Features:
- Excellent!KatdwoodDined on 8/30/2014Went here for our special fancy dinner during our trip and it was excellent from beginning to end. We had the tasting menu, which included NY Stripsteak and Maine Lobster, and I also had the Angus Strip. Both amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Steak was very thin (less than half inch thick) and not very good.
- Wagyu not so greatLivetoeatDined on 8/29/2014I took my partner here for his birthday dinner because he wanted steak and we were staying at Mandalay. He ordered the australian vs american Wagyu and I have to admit I was really upset to find out the next day that he didn't enjoy it and it made him feel ill. The service was great and I can compare it to the best service we have experienced in Hawaii. I don't know what to say about if I would recommend this or not.
- Outstanding Meal s=tart to finishjerrycdVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything at StripSteak was 5 star from the way we were greeted to the suggestions made and the subsequent service provided by the staff. The lobster pot stickers, foi gras prepared two ways, truffle mash and petite filet made for an incredible, decedent and truly memorable special occasion meal for our group. We will absolutely dine at StripSteak on our next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:
- What a Magnificent Treat!!DavidandBarbaraDined on 8/27/2014We truly enjoy a great steak and good glass of wine. STRIPSTEAK offers all that and more. The atmosphere, professionalism, friendly & helpful staff and food were excellent. We were most impressed by the service provided by Thomas. He immediately put us all at easy. He was knowledgeable and engaging and enhanced what was a truly remarkable evening. We were celebrating our Son's 21st birthday and Thomas made a point to ensure he was the center of attention. He made all of us feel special this night. If you are looking for a memorable experience, make reservations at STRIPSTEAK. We will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakRonandAlisonDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here. In one word, outstanding. When i made the reservation i mentioned it was our anniversary and asked for a quiet table. When we arrived, we were welcomed with "happy anniversary" and taken to a great quiet table. Our waiter was fantastic. I wish i remembered his name. The food was amazing. I had the american waygu filet and it was the best steak I've ever had. My wife had the halibut and loved it as well. Is it expensive? Absolutley. But you don't go to a place like this to eat on the cheap. I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Steak!spork921Dined on 8/23/2014Everything we tried was delicious. The ambiance was great, and for as good as it was the prices where super reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Noisy, not RomaticHappyDinersDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent, as was the service on a busy evening before a concert at House of Blues. However, the location of the restaurant and the way the seating was arranged made it much more casual - and overly noisy - than romantic for a nice evening out. I was disappointed.