3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
STRIPSTEAK - Mandalay Bay - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mandalaybay.com/
- Phone: 7026327414x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Nightly
Bar and Lounge: 4pm Daily
Happy Hour: 4pm-6pm $4 Beers, $8 Well Drinks, bar food menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Gerald Chin
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seating:
Private Dining: up to 42 guests
Semi-Private Dining: up to 70 guests
Cocktail Receptions: up to 50 guests
Please contact Mandalay Bay Group Dining
at (702) 632-7447 or
- Private Party Contact: MB Group Dining 7026327447x
- Special Events: NIGHTLY HAPPY HOUR: 4pm to 6pm
$4 beers, $8 well drinks, bar food menu
STRIPSTEAK features a menu rife with imaginative interpretations of classic steakhouse favorites using state-of-the-art kitchen equipment. STRIPSTEAK offers a variety of beef options, including Certified Angus Beef and American Wagyu beef and is home to two wood-burning grills and six circulating, slow-poaching chambers. The signature slow-poaching method enhances flavor and tenderness by heating the meat at a low temperature, while the mesquite-smoked grills infuse cuts with a subtle smokiness.
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- What a Magnificent Treat!!DavidandBarbaraDined on 8/27/2014We truly enjoy a great steak and good glass of wine. STRIPSTEAK offers all that and more. The atmosphere, professionalism, friendly & helpful staff and food were excellent. We were most impressed by the service provided by Thomas. He immediately put us all at easy. He was knowledgeable and engaging and enhanced what was a truly remarkable evening. We were celebrating our Son's 21st birthday and Thomas made a point to ensure he was the center of attention. He made all of us feel special this night. If you are looking for a memorable experience, make reservations at STRIPSTEAK. We will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here. In one word, outstanding. When i made the reservation i mentioned it was our anniversary and asked for a quiet table. When we arrived, we were welcomed with "happy anniversary" and taken to a great quiet table. Our waiter was fantastic. I wish i remembered his name. The food was amazing. I had the american waygu filet and it was the best steak I've ever had. My wife had the halibut and loved it as well. Is it expensive? Absolutley. But you don't go to a place like this to eat on the cheap. I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Everything we tried was delicious. The ambiance was great, and for as good as it was the prices where super reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guys Weekend Steak ChoiceJoeBDined on 8/23/2014This was our choice for a guys weekend to LV. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Too Good!dare2dineDined on 8/23/2014Totally excellent from the single malt scothes, fabulous steaks, to the great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SelectionlovegreatfoodDined on 8/21/2014This is a great restaurant in Mandalay Bay, the food is delicious and a good variety from steaks, seafood, lamb. The service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it.PapaJaxDined on 8/21/2014We only visit once a year, but this is a must for each visit. Food is incredible. Amazing collection of Scotch. Our server was so nice. We wish we could remember his name to write management. He lived in Orlando. Moved back to Las Vegas 14 years ago????? He was warm and personable.
- customerVonkleinbergDined on 8/19/2014Superb food, especially my bone-in ribeye - -very attentive service, good atmosphere and lots of eye-candySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip SteakJJSYDined on 8/12/2014Everything was great except the price. $350 for two people for steak dinner is expensive even by Vegas standards.Special Features:
- Pretty good placeJustinDined on 8/6/2014I had the wedge, american vs. australian wagyu, and spinach soufflé. The wedge was standard wedge - nothing special here. The beef was outstanding. The soufflé was good but not amazing. Overall, I'd give this place a 4 of 5 stars. Given the competitiveness of the upper-end Vegas restaurants, the execution was not consistently creative and the prices are about 30% more than you'd expect to pay outside a casino. There are so many other places to try that while I'd recommend eating here once, I can't say I'll go back again instead of trying some place new.Special Features:
- Beyond WOWdecorate4uDined on 8/3/2014This was such a great steak restaurant!! I had the flank steak and it was so tender and juicy it melted in your mouth! The mac and cheese with truffle is sooo good!! The Begnei's for dessert and divineSpecial Features:
- GoodFoodieDined on 8/2/2014The food was good, some of the items, the caesar was sent back as it had a pungent overpowing anchovy scent. silverware was not replaced quickly, table maintenance was not up to standard, my children had to request refills several times. My crab tated salty on the first 2 bites, then better, even I was surprised by the $74.00 price tag, when I asked for "the story on the crab, that detail was not included and should have been, my birthday was forgotted about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Las Vegas steakhouseissyfoodieDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Stripsteak. The staff had signed a card for us which was waiting on our reserved table - nice touch! Our meal was great, just as it had been the first time we dined there. However, the service was a bit erratic in terms of the timing of food delivery. The pace started out just fine, but we were there for 90 minutes before our entrees were delivered. The noise level was pretty high so Stripsteak can't really qualify as a place for a romantic meal, but the food sure is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT IMPRESSED..VEGASPAULDined on 8/2/2014We arrived at exactly 7:30 PM for our 7:30 PM Reservation, I noticed a nice 2 person table fully cleared and available so I requested that spot, we watched 3 parties arrive after we had checked in and where seated before us, when I went up and questioned the Host, she stated that they where waiting for the table to be "set", I said really? it takes 15 minutes to put some napkins on the table? 5 minutes later we where seated, a 20 minute wait, I ordered a 7/7 Drink, when the drink arrived instantly it tasted horrible, I asked my waiter why this 7/7 tasted so bad, he stated that they do not use Coke products so 7 Up was not available so they used Siera Mist? I was never told that they where going to put Seagrams Seven with Siera Mist? FAIL !!
- Great Spot at MandalayBDub1Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent meal, fantastic service, great spot and superb decadent dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall!Hhanna1983Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing food, brilliant service bed more wines than you could want! A great restaurant. We paid £300 for a meal for 2 - included steaks, sides, wine & an aperitif on arrival. Overall would certainly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak!OkearnVIPDined on 7/23/2014You should try their steak and their famous truffle Mac and Cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.HornedFrogDined on 7/23/2014Service was excellent and requested details of it being our anniversary were great. Restaurant did great with special anniversary dessert and making it a special evening. My only disappointment was the food for the price. Portions were very small, yet the prices were high. Maybe living in Texas and having the best steak houses around me, the comparison might not be fair. The steak was good, but not great. The fish was good, but not great. The french fries for appetizer were great. I don't think of Vegas fine dining as being over priced like other places. However, I did feel the service was excellent so I was happy with the overall experience and the effort put forth. With the price they charge, the food should have been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!BusinessDinnerGuyDined on 7/21/2014My ribeye was one of the best I've had in a long time. Everyone agreed that their steak was delicious but stay away from the fish. One of our party was very disappointed with his fish being severely over cooked and hard as rubber . They offered to replace it but he didn't want to have to wait for a replacement so we shared food with him. They didn't take it off the bill though, so lesson learned...Special Features:
- NY Strip was disappointingBdub44Dined on 7/16/2014The duck fat fries were truly awesome. Unfortunately, that's only part of the story. My NY strip was tough, lacking in flavor, and was not worth the price paid. I've had much better NY strips at chain steak restaurants in the past. I would not return, or recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Steak and More!CraigHVIPDined on 7/12/2014Aside from the gimmicky iPad wine list, this Michael Mina steak restaurant at Mandalay Bay was simply excellent. From the raw oysters to both the Angus and Wagyu steak we had at our table, the dinner was superb. The sommelier did just what I asked: he surprised me with an excellent new wine I hadn't tried. The biggest surprise? Potatoes puree three ways. Almost as good as the steak! Definitely worth the visit.Special Features:
- Great FoodSilviaeVIPDined on 7/11/2014The service that we received was great. We were seated right away. The waiter was polite, very nice, and did an awesome job serving us. He checked on us several times before and during our meal. The food was delicious. We ordered several sides including potatoes au gratin, the mac & cheese, the jalapeño corn, the fried rice and asparagus. Our favorites were the mac & cheese and the jalapeño corn. Everyone's steak was to their liking. The desserts were fabulous. We shared the bignets, the bananas foster spring rolls, and the ice cream trio they were all delicious. We'll definitely return the next time we're in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Another Steakhousecarebear9577Dined on 7/10/2014STRIPSTEAK was just okay...yet another steakhouse. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable but the menu didn't really blow my socks off.I I've spent less money and had better as well as spend more money and had worse. With so many steakhouse options in Vegas, I probably wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Blake99Blake99Dined on 7/8/2014All the food we had was excellent! Sadly, however the service was poor. More specifically our waiter was awful! My foie gras arrived well after my main course. He was not particularly personable and his timing was off all night. I am fine with paying a lot of money for great food but expect that the service should balso be over the top great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinneryycfoodieDined on 7/8/2014Everything was great. Our waitress was personable but not over the top. She was knowledgeable and her suggestions were spot on without breaking our bank. Food was expensive for us (usually spending around $70 for a good dinner out, here we spent $250 including tip) but we knew the price point going in so it wasn't an issue. Food was incredible, came out quicker than we expected and was clearly taken to our table the moment it was ready. Great wine and cocktails (again expensive but very tasty). Overall not a single thing lacking. For anyone with our usual budget, a fantastic place for a special occasion. Get the Strawberry Dessert. It comes with pop rocks and is not only fun to eat but delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, Great serviceWillyDined on 7/7/2014I enjoy steak and found the enjoyment per dollar in the mid range for the prices charged at Strip Steak. Our server, Jason, was knowledgeable, attentive and a good guide around the menu and wine list. The side dishes were excellent and large enough to be shared and the presentation was very good. The deserts and coffee were very good and the service was at a good pace to provide an overall great experienceSpecial Features:
- Noisy, but great steakEllkaysssDined on 7/5/2014It is a steak house, and it is Vegas, but even so, a restaurant with ambitions like these for the food could really stand out in learning from the best in class and provide a more calm oasis. I would go there on my next visit, in spite of the noise level, because the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, worst serviceBB85Dined on 7/4/2014We had a reservation scheduled for 8:30. We showed up at 8:00 and we were assured that everything was running on time and that the hostess would come to get us from the bar when our table was ready. 8:30 came and the hostess had not come to check in. I went up to the hostess table to see if our table was ready and she instructed me to wait at the bar. We sat down 10-12:00 late and waited for water for 10:00. It took our server another 10:00 to just get our drink order. They are supposed to bring their signature 'fries' when you sit down at the table. These came 25:00 late. Even after our server took our drink order, she left our drinks on the bar for another 15:00. When the food finally came, it was awesome. Not worth the horrible service..
- Food and service excellentCabolewDined on 7/4/2014Really enjoyed dinner. My wife and I split the porterhouse. It's was cooked perfectly. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Stripsteak came highly recommended and had amazing reviews online. The waiter was very nice and pleasant. He helped pick out a wine with us and it was good. I order: The wedge salad, Filet Mignon and we shared two sides the mac & cheese and mushrooms. The salad was good. The Filet was tasteless. I had 3-4 bites and had to stop. I could not eat it. The mac & cheese was over cooked and the mushrooms stems were chewy. I could not actually chew the stems. When the waiter came to clear my plate he asked how the meal was I said "okay", he did no t seem phased by this. he cleared my plate and returned with the check. The food was definitely over priced. I would never return here or recommend this restaurant.
- Excellent Sums It Up WellZizzie78Dined on 7/3/2014If you have never been to Stripsteak, I highly recommend it. This was actually my third visit and each time has been just as good as the last. Everything there is absolutely delicious but I definitely would say to be sure to try the spinach soufflé. Besides the food being delicious, the staff was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 34th wedding anniversaryJaneDined on 7/3/2014It was nice that we were greeted with a Happy Anniversary and a card from staff was on the table but that is where the celebration part from the restaurant ended. I won through a silent auction the dinner although the waiter thought I was comped the dinner I was not. The food was well prepared and I loved the choices the menu offered but we were never given the specials for the evening. So I have no idea what those were. The service by the assistant staff was impeccable. I felt the music choices were not great but however that really did not matter. I like the Mandalay Bay as it is a comfortable atmosphere and so was the restaurant. Overall it was pleasant but not an awesome experience as I was hoping for.Special Features:
- Been BetterFoodieDined on 6/28/2014The service of the waiter was great, although the hostess could certain try to smile. After all she is the first person you meet before the dining experience. The waiter was fantastic, but the food was lack luster. They did remove bad food from the bill and offer a replacement. Great energy in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic Steaks & SidesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have been going to StipSTEAK during our annual Vegas trips for at least 4 years now. Always outstanding food and wine! When reserving on line this year I commented in the reservation that it was our wedding anniversary. There was a card on our table signed by the staff members and we were provided a free desert that had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on it. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Robert CromeansOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Another remarkable experience at Stripsteak at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas! The food is always delicious and the dining team is always on top of their game. 5 Star service and 5 star food, above and beyond expectation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedNotEasyToPleaseVIPDined on 6/27/2014Mediocre food a $800.00 dinner service excuse after excuse why our salads took 45 minutes while trying to entertain 2 two year olds why I called for the manager everything improved but the food crab legs were cold and the steaks were not nearly as good as so many other Las Vegas steak houses. Save your money or go to charley palmers steak house in the same hotel. Also we had a 6:00 reservation that the restaurant class to confirm and I called at 5:00 to confirm to make sure they had our kids seats and they said were all set for you but guess what when we arrived they told me they gave away our confirmed table and wait for us to set up another one. How about that ! $800.00 dinner. Forget about it.
- Fantastic Mealmichelle135Dined on 6/24/2014Our dining experience started with an iPad delivered to our table to select our drinks. Then we received three different kinds of fries with sauces to go with each of them. That was fun! The drinks were perfect, the dinner was absolutely delicious, and the service was excellent too. A nice night out!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in VegasNumber46Dined on 6/23/2014This is by far our favorite restaurant in Vegas. We always order the Tartar for an appetizer and have never been disappointed by any of the entrees we have ordered. The one we cannot seem to get enough of is the Rib Cap. It's so good you will want to order 2! Their specialty drinks are fantastic, so try one of those while you are there too. I love the open windows in the front so you can people watch while you eat, but it isn't distracting if you are looking for a romantic night out either.Special Features:
- sandiego2vegassandiego2vegasDined on 6/21/2014Stripsteak is my wife's favorite restaurant. We eat here every time we go to Vegas. She rarely eat red meat, but loves their Kobe filet. The food is great every time. I love a good steakhouse and this is one of the best I have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've ever had.LovettDined on 6/18/2014Our server took us thru the kitchen to show how the steaks are prepared over mesquite wood fire grillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.