3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
STRIPSTEAK - Mandalay Bay - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mandalaybay.com/
- Phone: 7026327414x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Nightly
Bar and Lounge: 4pm Daily
Happy Hour: 4pm-6pm $4 Beers, $8 Well Drinks, bar food menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Gerald Chin
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seating:
Private Dining: up to 42 guests
Semi-Private Dining: up to 70 guests
Cocktail Receptions: up to 50 guests
Please contact Mandalay Bay Group Dining
at (702) 632-7447 or
- Private Party Contact: MB Group Dining 7026327447x
- Special Events: NIGHTLY HAPPY HOUR: 4pm to 6pm
$4 beers, $8 well drinks, bar food menu
STRIPSTEAK features a menu rife with imaginative interpretations of classic steakhouse favorites using state-of-the-art kitchen equipment. STRIPSTEAK offers a variety of beef options, including Certified Angus Beef and American Wagyu beef and is home to two wood-burning grills and six circulating, slow-poaching chambers. The signature slow-poaching method enhances flavor and tenderness by heating the meat at a low temperature, while the mesquite-smoked grills infuse cuts with a subtle smokiness.
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant is finished with 100 percent hard finishes so all of the noise reverberates. You cannot have a conversation across the table without yelling. The food was just average. There is no real reason to go there twice. Oh well, the wine was very good.Special Features:
- Stripsteak, the Experience!CraigD007Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant was busy and full of life. The food was made to perfection and oh so delicious. The staff was attentive, accommodating, professional and thoroughly wonderful. Our waiter Joseph was spectacular. He was very communicative. He made our night very special. The other members were also very nice. I will be visiting this location again and would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone I know. Great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JfTravelerDined on 9/21/2014Service was great from the time we were met by the hostess and throughout the meal . Outstanding wine list and a very help Sommelier. Very typical steak house with wide selection of a la carte side dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was awesome!IlovegreatdiningDined on 9/20/2014The steak melts in your mouth! Everything we ordered was terrific along with the service and ambience! Very pricey but worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceandocpaDined on 9/19/2014Had dinner there on a Friday night with 3 buddies. Everything was great. Food, Service, Atmosphere were all excellent. Everything you would expect at a Vegas steak house. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Whenever we visit vegas we always go to stripsteak. This is only once per year on average, but it's always a good experience. This was our 2nd visit this year ..the waiter remembered us, wherever sat and even what we are last visit. That added to the excellent food. We had just arrived from a trip to Alaska, our server even mentioned this to our some lure who was Alaskan, opening up conversation and maintaining the caring friendly impression of the whole staff. We will be back!Special Features:
- SoHumboldtDined on 9/18/2014went with three co-workers, all with varied tastes. Appetizers were thought to be the least successful (foie gras dumpling was somewhat flavorless and over cooked, and the sauce had little flavor; lobster fritter was fairly monotone in taste, mostly smoky bacon), the house fries would have been perfect on their own... Main courses were 3 different steaks. All were very, very good, and cooked perfectly, and one king crab leg dinner - too soft and oddly mushy, which was rapidly traded for a rib cap. Three sides were all fairly successful (creamed spinach, Brussels sprouts, potato gratin) though a bit heavily salted for my taste. Beignets with three sauces were shared and enjoyed. Would go again. Very, very expensive. Excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent steak....preparation was perfect. Server was enthusiastic and cute!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceDAVEDined on 9/9/2014Had a great time there. Had surf and turf and it was the best I had on this trip! Had the Cesar salad and it was top notch. Service was fast and friendly! Its a Michael Mina place which is also a selling point in my mind!Special Features:
- great all aroundMaleks1Dined on 9/6/2014great menu overall. 8Oz wagyu filet was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticphuketpabloDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding service, o.k. winelist (I say o.k. as many of the whites on the list are vintages beginning to get a bit elderly, 2011's......huh?), but really,really fantastic food. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014We came on a quiet night (mid-week) and were comfortably seated in a semi-private section at the back of the restaurant. The wait staff was great with us, from prompt service to great wine recommendations. We obviously came for steaks and were not disappointed. They were perfectly cooked (rare and medium-rare). The experience was great overall and we had a great night.Special Features:
- overdoneMHSTDined on 9/1/2014I am sure that when Mina is there it is wonderful. However, our meal was well done, not medium rare as ordered. Sides were far too salty. Better choices for dinner are out there.
- You have to try the friesOgreen32Dined on 8/31/2014Outside of amazing entrees, the fries that they bring out are amazing. They're cooked in duck fat and have 3 different dipping sauces. It was a great way to start the meal. My wife and I went here before going to see Michael Jackson one and they made sure they got us our food in a timely manner so that we could make the show. I would gladly return to this place again. It's worth a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnersouthbayDined on 8/30/20144 adults and 4 teenagers. Excellent service and fun ambiance. Food was very good as one would expect for top end steak house. Filet better than NY, which surprised me. For special event would recommend, but a little pricey for typical dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious summer prix fixe menuFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014The heirloom tomatoes with crispy guanciale and basil puree was a very good appetizer. The main lobster fritters and the instant bacon (pork belly) was delicious. The stripsteak and lobster claw was a good surf & turf combo. The stripsteak had lots of flavor and is on the fattier side, which I like. The strawberry shortcake had a unique twist with pop rocks candy. The mascarpone cheesecake was not too dense and refreshing.Special Features:
- Amazing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/30/2014Staff went above and beyond. Meal was amazing. Staff was very kind. I highly recommend. We will return on our next trip!Special Features:
- Excellent!KatdwoodDined on 8/30/2014Went here for our special fancy dinner during our trip and it was excellent from beginning to end. We had the tasting menu, which included NY Stripsteak and Maine Lobster, and I also had the Angus Strip. Both amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Steak was very thin (less than half inch thick) and not very good.
- Wagyu not so greatLivetoeatDined on 8/29/2014I took my partner here for his birthday dinner because he wanted steak and we were staying at Mandalay. He ordered the australian vs american Wagyu and I have to admit I was really upset to find out the next day that he didn't enjoy it and it made him feel ill. The service was great and I can compare it to the best service we have experienced in Hawaii. I don't know what to say about if I would recommend this or not.
- Outstanding Meal s=tart to finishjerrycdVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything at StripSteak was 5 star from the way we were greeted to the suggestions made and the subsequent service provided by the staff. The lobster pot stickers, foi gras prepared two ways, truffle mash and petite filet made for an incredible, decedent and truly memorable special occasion meal for our group. We will absolutely dine at StripSteak on our next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:
- What a Magnificent Treat!!DavidandBarbaraDined on 8/27/2014We truly enjoy a great steak and good glass of wine. STRIPSTEAK offers all that and more. The atmosphere, professionalism, friendly & helpful staff and food were excellent. We were most impressed by the service provided by Thomas. He immediately put us all at easy. He was knowledgeable and engaging and enhanced what was a truly remarkable evening. We were celebrating our Son's 21st birthday and Thomas made a point to ensure he was the center of attention. He made all of us feel special this night. If you are looking for a memorable experience, make reservations at STRIPSTEAK. We will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakRonandAlisonDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here. In one word, outstanding. When i made the reservation i mentioned it was our anniversary and asked for a quiet table. When we arrived, we were welcomed with "happy anniversary" and taken to a great quiet table. Our waiter was fantastic. I wish i remembered his name. The food was amazing. I had the american waygu filet and it was the best steak I've ever had. My wife had the halibut and loved it as well. Is it expensive? Absolutley. But you don't go to a place like this to eat on the cheap. I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Steak!spork921Dined on 8/23/2014Everything we tried was delicious. The ambiance was great, and for as good as it was the prices where super reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Noisy, not RomaticHappyDinersDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent, as was the service on a busy evening before a concert at House of Blues. However, the location of the restaurant and the way the seating was arranged made it much more casual - and overly noisy - than romantic for a nice evening out. I was disappointed.
- Guys Weekend Steak ChoiceJoeBDined on 8/23/2014This was our choice for a guys weekend to LV. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Too Good!dare2dineDined on 8/23/2014Totally excellent from the single malt scothes, fabulous steaks, to the great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SelectionlovegreatfoodDined on 8/21/2014This is a great restaurant in Mandalay Bay, the food is delicious and a good variety from steaks, seafood, lamb. The service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it.PapaJaxDined on 8/21/2014We only visit once a year, but this is a must for each visit. Food is incredible. Amazing collection of Scotch. Our server was so nice. We wish we could remember his name to write management. He lived in Orlando. Moved back to Las Vegas 14 years ago????? He was warm and personable.
- customerVonkleinbergDined on 8/19/2014Superb food, especially my bone-in ribeye - -very attentive service, good atmosphere and lots of eye-candySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip SteakJJSYDined on 8/12/2014Everything was great except the price. $350 for two people for steak dinner is expensive even by Vegas standards.Special Features:
- DeliciousrockyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Had a great dining experience here. I had the wood grilled salmon that was excellent. The french fries cooked in duck fat that they give you are really good too. Would recommend if your staying at Mandalay Bay.Special Features:
- Pretty good placeJustinDined on 8/6/2014I had the wedge, american vs. australian wagyu, and spinach soufflé. The wedge was standard wedge - nothing special here. The beef was outstanding. The soufflé was good but not amazing. Overall, I'd give this place a 4 of 5 stars. Given the competitiveness of the upper-end Vegas restaurants, the execution was not consistently creative and the prices are about 30% more than you'd expect to pay outside a casino. There are so many other places to try that while I'd recommend eating here once, I can't say I'll go back again instead of trying some place new.Special Features:
- Beyond WOWdecorate4uDined on 8/3/2014This was such a great steak restaurant!! I had the flank steak and it was so tender and juicy it melted in your mouth! The mac and cheese with truffle is sooo good!! The Begnei's for dessert and divineSpecial Features:
- GoodFoodieDined on 8/2/2014The food was good, some of the items, the caesar was sent back as it had a pungent overpowing anchovy scent. silverware was not replaced quickly, table maintenance was not up to standard, my children had to request refills several times. My crab tated salty on the first 2 bites, then better, even I was surprised by the $74.00 price tag, when I asked for "the story on the crab, that detail was not included and should have been, my birthday was forgotted about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Las Vegas steakhouseissyfoodieDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Stripsteak. The staff had signed a card for us which was waiting on our reserved table - nice touch! Our meal was great, just as it had been the first time we dined there. However, the service was a bit erratic in terms of the timing of food delivery. The pace started out just fine, but we were there for 90 minutes before our entrees were delivered. The noise level was pretty high so Stripsteak can't really qualify as a place for a romantic meal, but the food sure is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT IMPRESSED..VEGASPAULDined on 8/2/2014We arrived at exactly 7:30 PM for our 7:30 PM Reservation, I noticed a nice 2 person table fully cleared and available so I requested that spot, we watched 3 parties arrive after we had checked in and where seated before us, when I went up and questioned the Host, she stated that they where waiting for the table to be "set", I said really? it takes 15 minutes to put some napkins on the table? 5 minutes later we where seated, a 20 minute wait, I ordered a 7/7 Drink, when the drink arrived instantly it tasted horrible, I asked my waiter why this 7/7 tasted so bad, he stated that they do not use Coke products so 7 Up was not available so they used Siera Mist? I was never told that they where going to put Seagrams Seven with Siera Mist? FAIL !!
- Great Spot at MandalayBDub1Dined on 8/1/2014Excellent meal, fantastic service, great spot and superb decadent dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall!Hhanna1983Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing food, brilliant service bed more wines than you could want! A great restaurant. We paid £300 for a meal for 2 - included steaks, sides, wine & an aperitif on arrival. Overall would certainly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak!OkearnVIPDined on 7/23/2014You should try their steak and their famous truffle Mac and Cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.