Stripers - Kennebunkport
133 Ocean Avenue
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Stripers - Kennebunkport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stripersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2079673118x
- Hours of Operation:
Now open every day from 12 pm!
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 2pm
Monday through Saturday lunch until 2 pm
Dinner starts at 5 pm
Lounge menu available all day long!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gary Caron
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room with Fireplace for up to 32 people
- Private Party Contact: Vaida Labzintyte 2079675333x
- Special Events: Stripers Restaurant is available for special events. Please call 207-967-5333 or email email@example.com for more information.
A word from Stripers - Kennebunkport
Stripers features local seafood on the water with a sunset view of the river and ocean, private beach, and a waterside bar. Have a drink in one of our adirondack chairs on our lawn, or come inside for a great meal, with plenty of options for those who would prefer an alternative to seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Stripers - Kennebunkport - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
Stripers - Kennebunkport reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (49)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (24)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Over priced for the quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014Disappointed for the price. Food was OK. I had the vegetable omelet a bit small for 3 eggs. My 1 slice of toast was burned & cold. My husband's baked eggs were small and watery. I believe they were short 1 person so our waiter had to wait on the tables and make drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- GailVIPDined on 9/27/2014We are lucky to have such a fabulous restaurant in our neighborhood. The red fish dish is outstanding as is the Maine pork dish three ways.Special Features:
- Saturday 9/27trainerVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Striper's. We love the view, menu and creative cocktails. For some reason, we had to wait 10-15 minutes for our table even though it didn't appear busy. Service was good, very polite. One thing of note for me was that my husband's beer was served in a bottle with no offer of a glass. In a restaurant as nice, beer out of a bottle seems out of place. Our mian concern was the noise level. A larege party at the end of the room was so loud that it was uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Great view and serviceBGR113Dined on 9/26/2014The view is excellent but the food does not live up to it. The clam chowder was ok, but very runny. I had the seared scallops which were good, but not great. My wife ordered the steak which was dry and chewy. The experience was enjoyable for the view, but not the food.Special Features:
- PattyDined on 9/16/2014Was not disappointed at all. Oysters were great! Service was quite goodSpecial Features:
- The view is just terrificEaterVIPDined on 9/11/2014The place is so pretty with a gorgeous view of the water. My lobster roll for $20 was filled with big pieces of tasty lobster. The appetizers were expensive for the portion but enjoyable.
- Stripers is Consistently DeliciousJCT1VIPDined on 9/6/2014We dine at Stripers quite frequently, and it is still difficult to choose what to eat, because there are so many good choices. The menu has both small and large plates, with an entire section devoted to Maine's signature food, lobster. The service is always good, and the valet parking is so helpful during the busy seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love StripersGailVIPDined on 9/6/2014We live in town and try to get here a few times over the Summer. The food and cocktails are spectacular and the views stunning. Service is always fantastic too.Special Features:
- towniekDined on 9/6/2014Food was fabulous, servers very attentive and knowledgeable and the bartender is a true gem!Special Features:
- DisappointingKPortfanDined on 9/5/2014Average at best. In a town with many great options for dinner, we missed a chance at trying one by going to Striper's.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great view of the harbor and ocean, with wonderful sunsets.Special Features:
- Great locationLinnbutDined on 8/27/2014I have been coming to stripers for 4 summers now, it has never disappointed me. The food is great! The staff all very pleasant. If you go early you will need sunglasses until the sun sets,Special Features:
- Would not go backBMacPhersonDined on 8/19/2014We went to this restaurant last week. While the views are beautiful, that was about it. There were only 3 seated tables out on the deck and service was very slow, however he was very nice and was trying. We started with lobster spring rolls that were good, and grilled calamari that was cold and unmemorable. Next we had chowder that tasted as if it was watered down and Luke warm. We had a lobster tagliatelle which had nice flavor but was cold and tasted like it had been sitting there prepped for awhile. We also were served martins that were only half full. It is not an inexpensive restaurant and we were disappointed when we left. Would not go back.Special Features:
- dinnerfor2VIPDined on 8/16/2014It was the most disappointing meal I have had in the last ten years.
- EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014A must go-to place if you are in Kennebunkport. Delicious food, including fresh lobster and bouillabaise. Also, enjoy the excellent outdoor scenery on an Adirondack chair sipping a glass of wine while you are waiting for your table. You can potentially run into ex-Presidents here.Special Features:
- Beautiful location and that's all.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014This is a beautiful spot but everything else about this restaurant is a huge failure. The food came out cold. The Waiter could never be found. We had to ask twice for bread for the table. Every request from asking for more water to ordering a glass of wine was difficult. The only thing that was prompt about this experience was when we asked for the check...it was on our table instantly, before the table had even been cleared! The food was uninspired, though palatable. I would never recommend going here. There are plenty of much better choices in the area.
- Scenic ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Although we arrived early, it seemed they would only seat us outside until our reservation time. It was a bit on the chilly side so we decided to wait for a table available inside. We enjoyed our wine and the scenery outside for a bit. When we finally got called for our table, there was only 3 tables filled (including ours). I would go back, but I would be more persistent with the hostess about getting seated.Special Features:
- So relaxingZannzieDined on 8/7/2014We truly enjoyed Stripers. Before our reservation we ordered a glass of wine and sat in the Adirondacks on the lawn looking out to the ocean. We saw the sun set and the moon rise. The wine was extremely good. The ambience is so relaxing but far from casual everyday. It was special. The food very good. Our waiter a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and serviceDineandsunDined on 8/6/2014Very nice, food good, great view, wonderful staff,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodFoodie2VIPDined on 8/5/2014We always come back here and have never been disappointed. This time, we brought a friend from out of town and she also loved the setting and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014very disappointed with the visit to Strippers this year. Many bbtter places to dine in k bunk.Special Features:
- great viewmarkDined on 7/21/2014food was okay, the view is what we went for, but it was foggySpecial Features:
- Great place for a lovely mealMurtiDined on 7/19/2014Stripers is a great gem in Kennebunkport. The food was great and the view amazing especially if you go around sunset.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Not much to choose from the menu we had the fish and chips which was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyKcrabbyDined on 7/15/2014Beautiful view and elegant appointments. The food was very good, the service a bit spotty. Had to ask for bread "oh I think they are baking some more...". With all of the sleek furnishings there are no soft surfaces to dampen the noise which rose to a very high level. We noticed one table ask to be moved from the bar area where it was even noisier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly TerribleTravelingFoodieDined on 7/13/2014After reading many positive Open Table reviews, we headed to Stripers with high hopes for a delicious dinner. Unfortunately, this was one of the most disapponting meals we've shared as a family. The clam chowder consisted of unseasoned, seemingly straight from the carton, sweet cream and steamer NECKS. Listen, living in Newport Rhode Island we have tried countless varieties of clam chowder. Seeing huge black steamer necks floating in our soup was a new (and unappetizing) experience. We moved on to our main courses hoping they'd bring culinary redemption. We were wrong. My dad's burger was a brick. My husband's lobster tagliatelle was over-cooked (pasta disintegrating, lobster resembling a dog's chew toy), mom's dish was in edible. DO NOT GOSpecial Features:
- Great food, great viewtamg177Dined on 7/13/2014Meal was great as usual. Staff are always very helpful and attentive and you cannot beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in KennebunkportOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014Fine dining with a lovely view. The food is excellent, fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SceneFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014The lobster was great. The clam chowder was just okay. The lobster taco was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dddddVIPDined on 7/6/2014What a lovely evening, starting off with a glass of wine as we watched the sunset in the adirondack chairs along the water. Dinner on the porch was delicious. Clam Chowder was wonderful, not as thick as most & I loved that. So flavorful, packed with tender, soft clams. Swordfish & lobster roll entrees were terrific too. Salted caramel brownie sundae not to be missed. Small though, so maybe order 2!Special Features:
- Great Food and enjoyable brunchCarolVIPDined on 7/6/2014Took two visiting friends to brunch and between the food and the view I am sure they completely enjoyed it. The pancakes and egg dishes were well received.Special Features:
- Disappointed.CleoVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had heard good things and when we arrived and saw the gorgeous view on the outdoor patio we were very excited. However the service was very slow. It took a long time to order despite the restaurant not being very busy. When our food finally arrived, both entrees were cold and the eggs on my husband's lobster Benedict were overcooked. They made his again from scratch and the second time was better, but in my case they either just microwaved my lobster omelet and bacon or put it back in the oven - when the plate came back it was hot but dry, overcooked and unappetizing. I would have sent it back again but we were running late at that point I ate the toast and fruit and called it a day. Have a drink here for the view, skip the food.Special Features:
- Stripers, KennebunkporteatitupDined on 7/2/2014We were there during a thunderstorm, so unfortunately didn't get a chance to experience the indoor/outdoor vibe. Great view, nonetheless. The service was excellent, with knowledgeable staff. This restaurant has no problem with diners sharing dishes, and in fact, the menu rather encourages you to pick a few smaller dishes to share if you're not in the mood for an entrée. We did have entrees, the grilled swordfish was to die for, and the lobster tagliatelle was a light dish full of lobster and vegetables with a very flavorful broth. Looking forward to eating there again soon, maybe for lunch or Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view and nightWhiteyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed a nice night at Stripers that started with wine and appetizers on the lawn while admiring a great sunset on the first day of summer! Great grilled oysters as a starter. Our dinner was very nice and the service was pretty good. We will be back...next time for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotGailVIPDined on 6/21/2014We live near Stripers and never get tired of the seven dry or the wonderful food and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Romantic Dinner SpotbriozVIPDined on 6/16/2014We enjoyed the most wonderful dinner, all while watching a glorious sunset. We went there for my birthday, and it really couldn't have been more perfect. The service was top-notch and attentive, the food was sensational and the view of the sunset from our table was truly the highlight of the meal. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic dinner spot--we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014I chose this restaurant for the view. The sunset was fantastic and the walls are made of doors that can be opened to let in the breeze. The service was outstanding and the food delicious. There were so many interesting options on the menu I would have liked to visit 2-3 times during our stay. By far our best meal in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 167 reviews are from the Stripers - Kennebunkport reviews archive.
- food and view was excellentDianeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Food was great and beautiful setting Service was very slow all around Had to ask for a waitress and our checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anarmour36VIPDined on 5/23/2014What a great place! From the moment we walked in we felt special. The dining room was simply lovely with a fabulous view of the water. The menu was varied and interesting and the food was fabulous. This place definitely deserves a better rating than it has on Open Table.Special Features:
- sunday brunchmainediner6VIPDined on 5/11/2014We have had some wonderful dinners at Stripers, but our recent brunch experience was sub-par by comparison. Small menu, few choices. The setting never disappoints. Sitting outside for a pre-meal bloody mary, watching the boats go by was the perfect way to start the morning. The service was fair.. on two occasions the server had to be reminded of drinks/sides that had been ordered but not received. The star of the meals ordered was the banana french toast.. I would highly recommend it. The lobster benedict was good, but the hollandaise could have used some lemon (it would have been fine for a regular eggs benedict). Two in our party said that the clam chowder was very good, but that the consistency was too thin and more like a soup.Special Features: