Stripers - Kennebunkport
133 Ocean Avenue
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Stripers - Kennebunkport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stripersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2079673118x
- Hours of Operation:
Now open every day from 12 pm!
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 2pm
Monday through Saturday lunch until 2 pm
Dinner starts at 5 pm
Lounge menu available all day long!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gary Caron
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room with Fireplace for up to 32 people
- Private Party Contact: Vaida Labzintyte 2079675333x
- Special Events: Stripers Restaurant is available for special events. Please call 207-967-5333 or email email@example.com for more information.
A word from Stripers - Kennebunkport
Stripers features local seafood on the water with a sunset view of the river and ocean, private beach, and a waterside bar. Have a drink in one of our adirondack chairs on our lawn, or come inside for a great meal, with plenty of options for those who would prefer an alternative to seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stripers - Kennebunkport - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
Stripers - Kennebunkport reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (22)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- dinnerfor2Dined on 8/16/2014It was the most disappointing meal I have had in the last ten years.
- EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014A must go-to place if you are in Kennebunkport. Delicious food, including fresh lobster and bouillabaise. Also, enjoy the excellent outdoor scenery on an Adirondack chair sipping a glass of wine while you are waiting for your table. You can potentially run into ex-Presidents here.Special Features:
- Beautiful location and that's all.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014This is a beautiful spot but everything else about this restaurant is a huge failure. The food came out cold. The Waiter could never be found. We had to ask twice for bread for the table. Every request from asking for more water to ordering a glass of wine was difficult. The only thing that was prompt about this experience was when we asked for the check...it was on our table instantly, before the table had even been cleared! The food was uninspired, though palatable. I would never recommend going here. There are plenty of much better choices in the area.
- Scenic ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Although we arrived early, it seemed they would only seat us outside until our reservation time. It was a bit on the chilly side so we decided to wait for a table available inside. We enjoyed our wine and the scenery outside for a bit. When we finally got called for our table, there was only 3 tables filled (including ours). I would go back, but I would be more persistent with the hostess about getting seated.Special Features:
- So relaxingZannzieDined on 8/7/2014We truly enjoyed Stripers. Before our reservation we ordered a glass of wine and sat in the Adirondacks on the lawn looking out to the ocean. We saw the sun set and the moon rise. The wine was extremely good. The ambience is so relaxing but far from casual everyday. It was special. The food very good. Our waiter a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and serviceDineandsunDined on 8/6/2014Very nice, food good, great view, wonderful staff,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodFoodie2VIPDined on 8/5/2014We always come back here and have never been disappointed. This time, we brought a friend from out of town and she also loved the setting and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014very disappointed with the visit to Strippers this year. Many bbtter places to dine in k bunk.Special Features:
- great viewmarkDined on 7/21/2014food was okay, the view is what we went for, but it was foggySpecial Features:
- Great place for a lovely mealMurtiDined on 7/19/2014Stripers is a great gem in Kennebunkport. The food was great and the view amazing especially if you go around sunset.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Not much to choose from the menu we had the fish and chips which was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyKcrabbyDined on 7/15/2014Beautiful view and elegant appointments. The food was very good, the service a bit spotty. Had to ask for bread "oh I think they are baking some more...". With all of the sleek furnishings there are no soft surfaces to dampen the noise which rose to a very high level. We noticed one table ask to be moved from the bar area where it was even noisier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly TerribleTravelingFoodieDined on 7/13/2014After reading many positive Open Table reviews, we headed to Stripers with high hopes for a delicious dinner. Unfortunately, this was one of the most disapponting meals we've shared as a family. The clam chowder consisted of unseasoned, seemingly straight from the carton, sweet cream and steamer NECKS. Listen, living in Newport Rhode Island we have tried countless varieties of clam chowder. Seeing huge black steamer necks floating in our soup was a new (and unappetizing) experience. We moved on to our main courses hoping they'd bring culinary redemption. We were wrong. My dad's burger was a brick. My husband's lobster tagliatelle was over-cooked (pasta disintegrating, lobster resembling a dog's chew toy), mom's dish was in edible. DO NOT GOSpecial Features:
- Great food, great viewtamg177Dined on 7/13/2014Meal was great as usual. Staff are always very helpful and attentive and you cannot beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in KennebunkportOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014Fine dining with a lovely view. The food is excellent, fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SceneFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014The lobster was great. The clam chowder was just okay. The lobster taco was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dddddVIPDined on 7/6/2014What a lovely evening, starting off with a glass of wine as we watched the sunset in the adirondack chairs along the water. Dinner on the porch was delicious. Clam Chowder was wonderful, not as thick as most & I loved that. So flavorful, packed with tender, soft clams. Swordfish & lobster roll entrees were terrific too. Salted caramel brownie sundae not to be missed. Small though, so maybe order 2!Special Features:
- Great Food and enjoyable brunchCarolVIPDined on 7/6/2014Took two visiting friends to brunch and between the food and the view I am sure they completely enjoyed it. The pancakes and egg dishes were well received.Special Features:
- Disappointed.CleoVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had heard good things and when we arrived and saw the gorgeous view on the outdoor patio we were very excited. However the service was very slow. It took a long time to order despite the restaurant not being very busy. When our food finally arrived, both entrees were cold and the eggs on my husband's lobster Benedict were overcooked. They made his again from scratch and the second time was better, but in my case they either just microwaved my lobster omelet and bacon or put it back in the oven - when the plate came back it was hot but dry, overcooked and unappetizing. I would have sent it back again but we were running late at that point I ate the toast and fruit and called it a day. Have a drink here for the view, skip the food.Special Features:
- Stripers, KennebunkporteatitupDined on 7/2/2014We were there during a thunderstorm, so unfortunately didn't get a chance to experience the indoor/outdoor vibe. Great view, nonetheless. The service was excellent, with knowledgeable staff. This restaurant has no problem with diners sharing dishes, and in fact, the menu rather encourages you to pick a few smaller dishes to share if you're not in the mood for an entrée. We did have entrees, the grilled swordfish was to die for, and the lobster tagliatelle was a light dish full of lobster and vegetables with a very flavorful broth. Looking forward to eating there again soon, maybe for lunch or Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view and nightWhiteyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed a nice night at Stripers that started with wine and appetizers on the lawn while admiring a great sunset on the first day of summer! Great grilled oysters as a starter. Our dinner was very nice and the service was pretty good. We will be back...next time for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotGailVIPDined on 6/21/2014We live near Stripers and never get tired of the seven dry or the wonderful food and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Romantic Dinner SpotbriozVIPDined on 6/16/2014We enjoyed the most wonderful dinner, all while watching a glorious sunset. We went there for my birthday, and it really couldn't have been more perfect. The service was top-notch and attentive, the food was sensational and the view of the sunset from our table was truly the highlight of the meal. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic dinner spot--we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014I chose this restaurant for the view. The sunset was fantastic and the walls are made of doors that can be opened to let in the breeze. The service was outstanding and the food delicious. There were so many interesting options on the menu I would have liked to visit 2-3 times during our stay. By far our best meal in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and view was excellentDianeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Food was great and beautiful setting Service was very slow all around Had to ask for a waitress and our checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anarmour36VIPDined on 5/23/2014What a great place! From the moment we walked in we felt special. The dining room was simply lovely with a fabulous view of the water. The menu was varied and interesting and the food was fabulous. This place definitely deserves a better rating than it has on Open Table.Special Features:
- sunday brunchmainediner6VIPDined on 5/11/2014We have had some wonderful dinners at Stripers, but our recent brunch experience was sub-par by comparison. Small menu, few choices. The setting never disappoints. Sitting outside for a pre-meal bloody mary, watching the boats go by was the perfect way to start the morning. The service was fair.. on two occasions the server had to be reminded of drinks/sides that had been ordered but not received. The star of the meals ordered was the banana french toast.. I would highly recommend it. The lobster benedict was good, but the hollandaise could have used some lemon (it would have been fine for a regular eggs benedict). Two in our party said that the clam chowder was very good, but that the consistency was too thin and more like a soup.Special Features:
- The following 164 reviews are from the Stripers - Kennebunkport reviews archive.
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The drinks are terrific (try "angry girlfriend" if you like spicy!), the service is outstanding, and the food is very good. I had the lobster omelet and my partner enjoyed "a real British" fish and chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong place,Wrong timeWadeschoiceVIPDined on 12/7/2013Always give a restaurant 2 chances. We limited our success greatly by going to a summer friendly spot on a cold early Dec. day. The staff was first rate (friendly and attentive). The decor this day was best described as sparse. You need some degree of cozy on a winter day. I'm afraid to say the food was less than average. The lobster roll was bland and the meat cut so neatly in squares it reminded me of that "mystery fish". The slaw served with it was horrible to me, but would maybe be acceptable to others. The combo pork/ham sandwich was dry and almost inedible. My friend who usually eats everything left half. The tacos didn't cause any complaint but neither did they get any raves. Stripers is a mid-summer place. We will try again.Special Features:
- great foodArthurDined on 10/11/2013We had an excellent meal...good service,good food and a good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well...blahDisappointedDined on 9/30/2013We were told this was an upscale restaurant. Even for the area, its not. Food was blah, everything was blah. Server was good but had a hard time being attentive as she was spread out too thin for the number of diners. It was adequate at best.Special Features:
- A wonderful overall experience..mainediner6VIPDined on 9/14/2013A wonderful overall experience.. Arrived early and sat outside having drinks before dinner. The view alone was worth the trip. Dinner and dessert were both very good.. lobster carbonara was very good but was not as hot or creamy as I would have liked, probably sat a little too long in the kitchen before coming out to the table. The maple caramel creme was was fantastic and I would highly recommend. Service was very good, tables are spaced out well and provided a for quiet, romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!JohnDined on 9/2/2013The whole experience of dining in Maine is captured here in one night. We keep coming back to this wonderful restaurant time and time again. Wood grilled lobsters a real nice trademark along with their martini salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yes, BUTEdwardDined on 8/30/2013Stripers was reasonably crowded but they separated tables too far for the waitress, leaving a less than stellar opportunity for the waitress to perform. most food was good, but 1 dish had to be returned. 2 of the 3 before dinner drinks also had to be returned for not following instructions. the meals that were not returned we really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service & views!NNNNVIPDined on 8/30/2013This is an exceptional spot at sunset. The food is consistently good, the staff is well trained and friendly and the views at sunset are spectacular! Yeah I know its the East Cast and we should be talking about sun rise, not sun set, but is"s Maine!Special Features:
- Quintessential New England OutdoorFLLdinerVIPDined on 8/25/2013Beautiful location. Beautiful views. Food to match. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A spectacular experience!LeominsterVIPDined on 8/18/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Stripers! The food was succullent, from the salad to the main course. Too full to sample the deserts. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was "just right"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Everything was "just right" - food, service, atmosphere and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!JohnDined on 8/13/2013Most enjoyable experience we ever had! Menu had nice variety that was prepared perfectly. Don't miss the martini salad, staff is super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer special occasionallergyeaterVIPDined on 8/12/2013Wonderful dining experience! Restaurant is beautiful inside with an amazing view. Don't miss the sunset! Service could not be better. Nice wine list. Small but seasonal and fresh menu. Would have been nice to have more of a mix of patrons. Diners appeared to be in their 80's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.