36840 Detroit Road
Avon, OH 44011Neighborhood:
Avon / Avon Lake
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stripsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 440-934-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 3:00pm daily
Happy Hour 3-6 (at the bar only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Larson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Strip Steakhouse
Locally owned and operated, Strip is the hottest new restaurant in Avon. We are located in the Olde Avon Village on Detroit Road in the historic Ewers Barn. We offer an innovative menu using only the highest quality ingredients, featuring USDA prime aged beef for its superior flavor and tenderness. Come in, unwind and have an enjoyable evening with friends and family. Try one of our juicy, mouthwatering steaks, have a drink at the bar, or savor one of our decadent desserts. Whatever the occasion, Strip makes for a truly enjoyable evening out. Guests requiring disabled seating are asked to request lower level dining at the time of reservationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Strip Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Avon / Avon Lake ›
Strip Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)romantic (100)fit for foodies (70)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (40)notable wine list (35)hot spot (34)scenic view (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- FANTASTICDonaldVIPDined on 9/20/2014Reservation on a busy Saturday night. We were greeted warmly and took us to our reserved table with no wait. We ordered the special appetizer ( Lobster Cakes and that were fantastic. Our server Charlie explained the specials very well and had in depth knowledge of the menu and wine selections. We had a wonderful dinner and evening at Strip.. We plan on going back real soon.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Place, Undercooked FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/20149/20th at 8pm, superb ambiance for a nice 1st date. Waiting by the bar, chunky furniture should be narrower, and ditch the fake wall fireplaces, and the setting will be spot on!! Lobster bisque, wonderful - lots of lobster! Whiskey glazed pork chop was huge, and delicious! I asked for medium well, was told medium was recommended for this cut So glad I insisted on medium well - perfect! But the description had my guy think medium best for his 10oz steak, he ended up leaving a fair hunk of really pink meat on the plate, eating only the edges. Will now say our baked potato was not fully cooked; it's so simple I'm surprised they got that wrong. Server Michelle was sweet, she got a 40% tip! We will give one more try but I prefer Cabin Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak I ever had.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This was the second time I've eaten at the Strip. Everything was excellent from the appetizer-dessert. It was by far the best steak I ever had, taste, tenderness, it simply melted in your mouth. I simply can't say enough about this place if you haven't tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Excellent service.. Maybe consider some more gluten free itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSLRGDined on 9/16/2014The service and food were impeccable in all aspects of our visit. Two people in our party have difficult and significant food allergies and the staff accommodated those needs with perfectly. I will certainly recommend The Strip to my friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksClevelandguyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went for a friends birthday and both of us had the Filet. We had it cooked "Boilermaker" style which is actually the preparation for their Boilermaker Ribeye....it has brown sugar and irish whiskey and blackened seasoning. They have special butters to add to the steak and sauces. Try the Apple Bacon butter on the steak and the Orange BBQ sauce for dipping steak fries. Tasty. Can't tell you when I've had a better steak in Cleveland area. It was a slow Sunday early evening. Mike was server and did a great job. Jambalaya for a side was excellent, along with steak fries.Special Features:
- Special OccassionDonaldVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had some guests that were in from out of town and decided to take them to Strip. One of our guests was hearing impaired so we had requested a table upstairs against a wall where the acoustics would be better. I had arranged that with the Manager ( Charlie ) when I made the reservation. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and taken to our table which was exactly what we had requested. The food and service were impeccable as we had a wonderful evening and our guests loved the experience. Strip is one of the best restaurants in the Cleveland area and I have high praise for another great evening. Bravo !!!Special Features:
- Only complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We ordered the lobster bearnaise on top of our filets. It was delicious but so overpriced! We were very surprised (and disappointed) when our bill showed $10 for each filet! Wow! I realize it was an upgrade from the free sauce but still... $20?Special Features:
- The BestAwesomeDined on 9/12/2014THis dining experience was the best I have ever had in Lorain County. THere were eight people in our party, while celebrating my daughters Birthday. Our waitress was perfect. Every drink, salad, appetizer, main entree was delivered to the right person at the the right time. Our food was done perfectly and which is hard to have hot food for eight people. We had more fun sharing tastes of one another's food and everything was perfect. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- PattiCDined on 9/10/2014Took friends there for the first time. Too chilly for patio so requested upstairs table with Michelle. She provided her usual impeccable service. Friend tried clambake special and thoroughly enjoyed. My Stripper steak was done to perfection. We really had a great evening.Special Features:
- Best filet everClevelandguyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Dinner with friends and the food was great. 12 ounce filet blackened with a brown sugar and whiskey rub was best steak I have had. Summer salad, jambalaya and steak fries all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & servicehappygal1Dined on 9/5/2014My friend and I had a wonderful experience at Strip Steakhouse. the service was great and the food was very good. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- DinnerRRReviewsDined on 9/5/2014Service was impeccable! Our waiter, Michael, discovered we were first time visitors and took lots of time to explain the menu in great detail. He was very patient, unhurried, and sincerely interested in making sure all our questions were answered. The "Stripper Steak" was definitely above average. I strongly recommend that, when you dine at The Strip, you ask for Michael for your waiter. He's the best server I can remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodtheanimationDined on 9/4/2014The menu is rather pricey, but you get exactly what you pay for. Everything we had was amazing and unique! We will definitely be returning for our next celebration of a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumluvgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014Great time with my husband. Food was good but my husband's steak was under cooked and mine was over cooked. The loaded potatoes were drenched in butter. Overall it was a good meal and great atmospher. Would come back to see if it was a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RareNiteOutDined on 8/31/2014Wagyu steak is unbelievably good! The filet melts in your mouth. We also love the salads and pretzel bread! We love this place and have celebrated our anniversary here 3 years in a row!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and chops!!ChappoDined on 8/24/2014Our service was excellent. All of the beef and pork entrees were delicious and prepared exactly how they were ordered. One person in our party ordered a seafood special that presented as a not so elegant stew like consistency over rice. While the dish didn't taste bad, it really didn't taste good either. The guest was clearly disappointed in his meal, especially for the amount of money it cost but didn't complain as he didn't want to make a scene at this special event. We celebrated a birthday and the guest of honor was presented with a complimentary cake that was delicious...Overall we recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Steak and lamb very fatty. We were very disappointed!Special Features:
- excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Terrific food, ambiance and service! Staff was helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael the server was/is supurb.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Love the restraunt, I see us revisiting several more times this year. We have already referred family to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love love love!foodie4lifeDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I go to Strip whenever we have the chance! The shareable sides are all fantastic and the steaks are to die for. I love that there's always something interesting on the menu. And the service has been outstanding every time we go. We've gotten several friends into strip and now it's their go to place for anniversary's, birthdays or just whenever we all get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDonaldVIPDined on 8/20/2014We entertained some out of town friends at STRIP and they thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu has options for all but known for its steaks. Our waiter explained the menu well and everyone enjoyed there meals. Strip is by far one of the best restaurants in the Cleveland area and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!JyanoskaDined on 8/20/2014We had a Birthday Celebration at Strip and the meal was fantastic! I love everything about this place, the barn, the food and the drinks! Thanks for a great Birthday Experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great service. Great food. Great ambiance . Always good time . Highly recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was, hands down, the best steak I've ever had! Although I indicated "moderate" for noise level, it was because our table was near the kitchen. Othewise fantastic environment. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent, the waitress did an excellent job but I think had too many tables to service, but the noise level was very high, could not hear very well the person sitting opposite you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kklndfDined on 8/15/2014Excellent stakes. Great special occasion place. The dinner for two is a great way to go and you will not leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayUpsetDined on 8/14/2014Scalloped potatoes very salty and I was upset that I asked for my dessert to be packed up and only got half of my dessert. I'm just wondering what happened to the rest of it. Would rather ask for containersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rockyDined on 8/14/2014first time there and i highly recommend this restaurant... we were absolutely impressed with the ambience and the food is to die for.. our server Joe was wonderful. we will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steakhouse!!HappyCamperDined on 8/13/2014I am very particular about steak - buyin Angus prime or when possible good marbled grass fed prime. This restaurant is a gem where they delivered a great steak each and every time that we visited! The service is excellent - even the manager stops by tables. Had a great time!! I have been to Ruth's Chris (2) as well as Hyde Park - disappointed each time (poor quality and/or preparation). Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIVA THE STRIPfood4thoughtDined on 8/12/2014I have lived in the City of Avon for over 11 years. There is no other restaurant within Cleveland or even the Greater Cleveland area that can compare with superb menu, fantastically menu of wines and beers and service within this restaurant. Our waiter who was truly exception was Vincent! I have traveled all over the world, but cannot compare the my recent dinning with any other restaurant. Ron has generously given the entire community a first class place to dine and celebrate! I have suggested THE STRIP to my dentist, Dr. Paul Schwartz, who is only a short distant away for his seasonal staff party. BRAVO Ron and staff!!!!!Special Features:
- WonderfulDonaldVIPDined on 8/12/2014Went to Strip to celebrate my birtday with a friend . We were warly welcomed and seated promptly for our reservation. The food and ambiance are great . I go to strip on a frequent basis and enjoy it everytime.Special Features:
- A great experience as usual!ChiccaDined on 8/10/2014We love to celebrate any special occasion at Strip! The scalloped potatoes are to dye for! And the meat is delicious, of courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful !!familydinnerDined on 8/9/2014The story behind our dining at Strip,,,,, My father passed away in February, my best friend was like a daughter to him and before he passed he told us that he wanted her inheritance to be taken to the best steakhouse , have a big steak, a martini, and shrimp cocktail ( unfortunately that wasn't on menu) The food was delish !!! The cocktails were made to perfection. Thank you for making this dinner memorable !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kelly6789Dined on 8/9/2014Sara our server was spot on with service. Our meal ( dinner ) was cooked exactly as requestedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant for entertaining and dining. The food is excellent as is the service. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I highly recommend the Strip as a great Cleveland area restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerRobertDined on 8/7/2014Many menu items to chose from. Nice list of specials. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ecewDined on 8/3/2014Fabulous flavorful food; fabulous presentation; Gina was a terrific, enthusiastic server; portions were huge; lot's of take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsDiningKiniDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our friend's recent marriage, and oh what a treat! We anticipated the dinner for quite some time, and were not disappointed. Our server Joe was excellent, the food was in abundance and was delicious! Would most definitely recommend to anyone wanting to go somewhere special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happygal1Dined on 7/29/2014I have never been disappointed with a meal here. Service is friendly and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.