36840 Detroit Road
Avon, OH 44011Neighborhood:
Avon / Avon Lake
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stripsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 440-934-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 3:00pm daily
Happy Hour 3-6 (at the bar only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Larson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Strip Steakhouse
Locally owned and operated, Strip is the hottest new restaurant in Avon. We are located in the Olde Avon Village on Detroit Road in the historic Ewers Barn. We offer an innovative menu using only the highest quality ingredients, featuring USDA prime aged beef for its superior flavor and tenderness. Come in, unwind and have an enjoyable evening with friends and family. Try one of our juicy, mouthwatering steaks, have a drink at the bar, or savor one of our decadent desserts. Whatever the occasion, Strip makes for a truly enjoyable evening out. Guests requiring disabled seating are asked to request lower level dining at the time of reservationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Strip Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Avon / Avon Lake ›
Strip Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (100)neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (33)notable wine list (33)scenic view (25)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (12)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- yumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great time with my husband. Food was good but my husband's steak was under cooked and mine was over cooked. The loaded potatoes were drenched in butter. Overall it was a good meal and great atmospher. Would come back to see if it was a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and chops!!ChappoDined on 8/24/2014Our service was excellent. All of the beef and pork entrees were delicious and prepared exactly how they were ordered. One person in our party ordered a seafood special that presented as a not so elegant stew like consistency over rice. While the dish didn't taste bad, it really didn't taste good either. The guest was clearly disappointed in his meal, especially for the amount of money it cost but didn't complain as he didn't want to make a scene at this special event. We celebrated a birthday and the guest of honor was presented with a complimentary cake that was delicious...Overall we recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Steak and lamb very fatty. We were very disappointed!Special Features:
- excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Terrific food, ambiance and service! Staff was helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael the server was/is supurb.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Love the restraunt, I see us revisiting several more times this year. We have already referred family to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love love love!foodie4lifeDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I go to Strip whenever we have the chance! The shareable sides are all fantastic and the steaks are to die for. I love that there's always something interesting on the menu. And the service has been outstanding every time we go. We've gotten several friends into strip and now it's their go to place for anniversary's, birthdays or just whenever we all get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDonaldVIPDined on 8/20/2014We entertained some out of town friends at STRIP and they thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu has options for all but known for its steaks. Our waiter explained the menu well and everyone enjoyed there meals. Strip is by far one of the best restaurants in the Cleveland area and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!JyanoskaDined on 8/20/2014We had a Birthday Celebration at Strip and the meal was fantastic! I love everything about this place, the barn, the food and the drinks! Thanks for a great Birthday Experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great service. Great food. Great ambiance . Always good time . Highly recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was, hands down, the best steak I've ever had! Although I indicated "moderate" for noise level, it was because our table was near the kitchen. Othewise fantastic environment. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent, the waitress did an excellent job but I think had too many tables to service, but the noise level was very high, could not hear very well the person sitting opposite you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kklndfDined on 8/15/2014Excellent stakes. Great special occasion place. The dinner for two is a great way to go and you will not leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayUpsetDined on 8/14/2014Scalloped potatoes very salty and I was upset that I asked for my dessert to be packed up and only got half of my dessert. I'm just wondering what happened to the rest of it. Would rather ask for containersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rockyDined on 8/14/2014first time there and i highly recommend this restaurant... we were absolutely impressed with the ambience and the food is to die for.. our server Joe was wonderful. we will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steakhouse!!HappyCamperDined on 8/13/2014I am very particular about steak - buyin Angus prime or when possible good marbled grass fed prime. This restaurant is a gem where they delivered a great steak each and every time that we visited! The service is excellent - even the manager stops by tables. Had a great time!! I have been to Ruth's Chris (2) as well as Hyde Park - disappointed each time (poor quality and/or preparation). Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIVA THE STRIPfood4thoughtDined on 8/12/2014I have lived in the City of Avon for over 11 years. There is no other restaurant within Cleveland or even the Greater Cleveland area that can compare with superb menu, fantastically menu of wines and beers and service within this restaurant. Our waiter who was truly exception was Vincent! I have traveled all over the world, but cannot compare the my recent dinning with any other restaurant. Ron has generously given the entire community a first class place to dine and celebrate! I have suggested THE STRIP to my dentist, Dr. Paul Schwartz, who is only a short distant away for his seasonal staff party. BRAVO Ron and staff!!!!!Special Features:
- WonderfulDonaldVIPDined on 8/12/2014Went to Strip to celebrate my birtday with a friend . We were warly welcomed and seated promptly for our reservation. The food and ambiance are great . I go to strip on a frequent basis and enjoy it everytime.Special Features:
- A great experience as usual!ChiccaDined on 8/10/2014We love to celebrate any special occasion at Strip! The scalloped potatoes are to dye for! And the meat is delicious, of courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful !!familydinnerDined on 8/9/2014The story behind our dining at Strip,,,,, My father passed away in February, my best friend was like a daughter to him and before he passed he told us that he wanted her inheritance to be taken to the best steakhouse , have a big steak, a martini, and shrimp cocktail ( unfortunately that wasn't on menu) The food was delish !!! The cocktails were made to perfection. Thank you for making this dinner memorable !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kelly6789Dined on 8/9/2014Sara our server was spot on with service. Our meal ( dinner ) was cooked exactly as requestedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant for entertaining and dining. The food is excellent as is the service. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I highly recommend the Strip as a great Cleveland area restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerRobertDined on 8/7/2014Many menu items to chose from. Nice list of specials. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ecewDined on 8/3/2014Fabulous flavorful food; fabulous presentation; Gina was a terrific, enthusiastic server; portions were huge; lot's of take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsDiningKiniDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our friend's recent marriage, and oh what a treat! We anticipated the dinner for quite some time, and were not disappointed. Our server Joe was excellent, the food was in abundance and was delicious! Would most definitely recommend to anyone wanting to go somewhere special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happygal1Dined on 7/29/2014I have never been disappointed with a meal here. Service is friendly and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to remember.RockdiscDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I went to The Strip Steakhouse for our 25th wedding anniversary, from the moment we got there to the moment we left the entire expierence was memorable. The bartenders Josh and Megan were awesome. Our food was outstanding. The service by our server Sarah was attentive and impeccable. We couldn't have had a better time. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and all my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerDatenightdinerDined on 7/27/2014We had a fabulous anniversary dinner here recently. My husband and I ordered cocktails, wine, an appetizer, and the date night for 2 (2 soups or salads, 2 filets, 2 sides, and 1 dessert). I had the soup of the day (chicken leek - very yummy and I loved the adorable bowl it came in) and my husband had the salad which he enjoyed. We both ordered our filets medium. Mine came out a true medium but my husband's was cooked more to medium well. He decided to eat it instead of sending it back and he said it was still excellent. They sides were enormous! Don't doubt them when they say the sides easily feed 2-3 people. The ambiance was wonderful, perfect for a date night. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foot is outstandingly deliciousMimiDined on 7/27/2014This is the best kept secret in Avon. The steak just melts in your mouth, and the portions are stupendous. We had the "dinner for two" which is more than enough food for two people. Also, my father had the Stripper steak and also said it just melted in your mouth and it was the best steak he's had in a long time. We were so glad that our second experience at Strip did not disappoint us at all. They also threw in a birthday cake for my father's 77th birthday. He was very happy, as were we.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceJeremyDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I have been exploring the food scene throughout the Greater Cleveland area for years now, and Strip Steakhouse is easily in our top 3 dining experiences. Great selection and variety of entrees, we got the 32oz bone-in waygu ribeye tomahawk steak to share. What sets it apart from the other top 3 restaurants is the amazingly reasonable pricing of their menu. We instantly recommended Strip to all of our friends and family, and plan on revisiting VERY soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeawesomeplaceDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time at Strip.. Will definatly be back, fabulous food and the service was awesome..Everyone was so nice...I had the fillet, best I have ever had, cooked perfect.. Thanks so much!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChasDined on 7/24/2014This was our second visit to Strip and it was just as good or better than our first visit. The atmosphere of the main dining room on the second floor is outstanding. The exposed beams and posts of the Barn structure always relaxes me. The food was delicious. I highly suggest the tater tot appetizer and the creamed corn side dish. My "stripper" steak was prepared exactly as ordered and was excellent. The side dishes say they feed two people but could easily feed four. I guess that is one of the perks of dining here. We love to leave with a little extra to take home and enjoy the next day. Our server was very knowledgeable and quite friendly with a positive attitude. Great all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding.....luvmywife37Dined on 7/24/2014Best steaks in the area!!! Food is great in every way and service is very. Setting is old barn and it is incredible inside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!KatieDined on 7/24/2014I had another excellent experience at Strip! My friend and I went to Strip for dinner. We had great service and the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!gracie76Dined on 7/24/2014Me and my wife went for our 15th anniversary and left Very Happy! My bone in ribeye was amazing and my said said the same about her fillet. The sides were big and delicious and my wife got the smores desert that she loved too. Wish I could afford to eat there everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The barn restoredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014It was good the restaurant calls to mention the steps , since it was 15-20 steps to get to the main part of the restaurant. It is a lovely old barn that has been restored. The food was excellent. We will definitely return. We were seated at a table, initially, but a family came in with a child that was still young enough to sit in a high chair. The baby was screaming and or crying, the parents did not attempt to calm the child. We asked for a table change. The. Hostess was very gracious and re- seated us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!BirthdayDinnerDined on 7/18/2014Our server Mike was great! He made the experience that more memorable. I let them know when I made the reservation that it was my fiancées birthday and we got a small cake, which could have fed 4-6 people! The food was the best! The steak just melts in your mouth and the sides say they feed 2 people but they can feed more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Pretty pricey for the drinks which weren't very strong!! Steaks are great but we're only coming back for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014everything was very, ver good - EXCEPT - you changed the spinach - THE SAUTEED SPINACH IS MUCH, MUCH BETTER MEAT & POTATOES WERE EXCELLENT - SALAD WAS VERY GOOD GO BACK TO THE OTHER SPINACH!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rgtchoice1Dined on 7/3/2014Great 2 for 1 steak dinner deal - comes with salad or soup, 2 small filets, 2 large sides and desert! Great meal - lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014A friend told us how much he liked this restaurant and has dined there several times, so we were looking forward to trying it. The atmosphere is great, and appeared to be a popular place, but we were underwhelmed with the taste of our meals-- especially in light of the price. The food just wasn't that flavorful. The one thing that WAS really great were the warm pretzel breadsticks! Maybe the meals we ordered just weren't as good as some of the other menu offerings, but we live too far away to give this restaurant a second try. Neat looking place though.