36840 Detroit Road
Avon, OH 44011Neighborhood:
Avon / Avon Lake
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stripsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 440-934-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 3:00pm daily
Happy Hour 3-6 (at the bar only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Larson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Strip Steakhouse
Locally owned and operated, Strip is the hottest new restaurant in Avon. We are located in the Olde Avon Village on Detroit Road in the historic Ewers Barn. We offer an innovative menu using only the highest quality ingredients, featuring USDA prime aged beef for its superior flavor and tenderness. Come in, unwind and have an enjoyable evening with friends and family. Try one of our juicy, mouthwatering steaks, have a drink at the bar, or savor one of our decadent desserts. Whatever the occasion, Strip makes for a truly enjoyable evening out. Guests requiring disabled seating are asked to request lower level dining at the time of reservationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Strip Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Avon / Avon Lake ›
Strip Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)romantic (108)neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (44)hot spot (42)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (15)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/11/2014Always have such a great experience at Strip, it's one of our favorite local restaurants. The food is always consistent and service is impeccable. It was such a nice, relaxed evening and we really enjoyed celebrating our anniversary here. They really make you feel special and it's worth every penny!Special Features:
- Strip DeliteLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Our dinner at the Strip Steakhouse was outstanding. The service was top notch and atmosphere pleasing for a fine food spot. The menu had many excellent choices and then the specials were an added bonus. The prices are not cheap, but you get what you pay for, simply awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Excellent service(Mike)SteaklovrDined on 10/11/2014First time at the Strip for our anniversary! Food was incredible and our Server, Mike, was top notch!! I will highly recommend this place to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointing.DavidDined on 10/7/2014Both steaks and side were cold. Had to send both meals back. 2nd time around, steaks were just ok and potato was undercooked. Sorry, but I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for great food, but that comes with a higher standard that is expected. The staff was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- JJLJDined on 10/5/2014Excellent food excellent service. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Serviceg8fudDined on 10/3/2014Food is always great here and service is always top notch. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Fantastic from start to finishsarahbellemsmomDined on 10/3/2014We were seated upstairs promptly for our 7:15 reservation. The table was quiet but a little too dark for our tastes. We asked to move to another table near the open loft and were accommodated. Appetizers were great (lobster temptations and chorizo-stuffed poblanos). Steaks were cooked to perfection. Wine was great. Our waitress was very accommodating but I would encourage management to train their wait staff to have some knowledge of the wine list so they can make appropriate recommendations. Luckily we had "wine people" in our group who knew exactly what to choose. Dessert was great as well. It was only my second trip to Strip but I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experience!bdavis1210Dined on 10/3/2014My boyfriend and I decided to try Strip after a co-worker recommended it to both of us. Our server was great and since it was our first time here she recommended going with a steak and saving specials for the next time we visited. I'm glad we decided to take her advice, we started with the lobster bisque soup which was to die for! They really don't skim out of the lobster meat, it was packed full and had great flavor! Our entrees were cooked to perfection, I ordered the 6oz filet and my boyfriend had the big daddy (porterhouse). Their sides come family style but we're yummy! We also added a 10 oz lobster tail to a steak, which topped it all off perfectly! If your looking for a unique and tasty experience try strip, you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak by any other name...Hula123Dined on 10/2/2014Another great experience at STRIP! Sometimes it just makes sense to stay with a place you know will always take care of you. The bartenders make the most unique drink combinations and the servers are always eager to let you know what’s new on the menu. On this particular night, the chef was once again trying out some new recipes and wondered if my table would be interested in giving them a try. Yes, please! I wish I could remember the name of the appetizer we were served, but I will never forget the taste. Buttery goodness. It was out of this world. My cowboy steak was cooked to perfection but I was kicking myself later for not ordering the garlic smashed potatoes to go with it. I saw them at an adjacent table and they looked so good!Special Features:
- wonderful dinner!jmac12Dined on 9/27/2014We LOVE Strip! Food was outstanding! Our server, Joe, was great...knew the menu and made great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningRandyDined on 9/26/2014Our server was excellent, food was out of this world!! Steaks that just melt in your mouth! Good size portions. Very nice ambiance!Special Features:
- Great experienceGreatNightOutDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic evening at Strip. Server was very friendly and helpful without dominating and our steaks were delicious. The portions of the sides were huge and could easily be shared by four. The owner was gracious and created a wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a Steakhouse!AVLFoodieDined on 9/24/2014My husband loved his steak although I don't eat meat & got The Mist - the tuna was cooked perfectly but the sides were terrible - the vegetable dumplings were all dough & the basmati rice tasted like day old Chinese rice & the fish was served on a log of goat cheese, which was not in the menu description. It said it came w/ a piña colada sauce that was non-existent. I just thought it to be an odd pairing - the sides, seared tuna on an earthy pasty goat cheese! I love goat cheese just not with tuna. My husband did enjoy the steak, although he said Delmonicos was still #1. Fish tacos were average, a little skimpy. Risotto was creamy & we only ate a quarter of it. The service was great but I think Strip is a bit overrated. $102 w/ 2 drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The meal that we had at Strip Steakhouse was possibly the best meal that we have every experienced. The steaks were absolutely perfect and the sides were delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- great as alwaysluvmywife37Dined on 9/21/2014Loved the entire meal and service was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICDonaldVIPDined on 9/20/2014Reservation on a busy Saturday night. We were greeted warmly and took us to our reserved table with no wait. We ordered the special appetizer ( Lobster Cakes and that were fantastic. Our server Charlie explained the specials very well and had in depth knowledge of the menu and wine selections. We had a wonderful dinner and evening at Strip.. We plan on going back real soon.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Place, Undercooked FoodLady53Dined on 9/20/20149/20th at 8pm, superb ambiance for a nice 1st date. Waiting by the bar, chunky furniture should be narrower, and ditch the fake wall fireplaces, and the setting will be spot on!! Lobster bisque, wonderful - lots of lobster! Whiskey glazed pork chop was huge, and delicious! I asked for medium well, was told medium was recommended for this cut So glad I insisted on medium well - perfect! But the description had my guy think medium best for his 10oz steak, he ended up leaving a fair hunk of really pink meat on the plate, eating only the edges. Will now say our baked potato was not fully cooked; it's so simple I'm surprised they got that wrong. Server Michelle was sweet, she got a 40% tip! We will give one more try but I prefer Cabin Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak I ever had.tessannDined on 9/20/2014This was the second time I've eaten at the Strip. Everything was excellent from the appetizer-dessert. It was by far the best steak I ever had, taste, tenderness, it simply melted in your mouth. I simply can't say enough about this place if you haven't tried it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Excellent service.. Maybe consider some more gluten free itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSLRGDined on 9/16/2014The service and food were impeccable in all aspects of our visit. Two people in our party have difficult and significant food allergies and the staff accommodated those needs with perfectly. I will certainly recommend The Strip to my friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksClevelandguyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went for a friends birthday and both of us had the Filet. We had it cooked "Boilermaker" style which is actually the preparation for their Boilermaker Ribeye....it has brown sugar and irish whiskey and blackened seasoning. They have special butters to add to the steak and sauces. Try the Apple Bacon butter on the steak and the Orange BBQ sauce for dipping steak fries. Tasty. Can't tell you when I've had a better steak in Cleveland area. It was a slow Sunday early evening. Mike was server and did a great job. Jambalaya for a side was excellent, along with steak fries.Special Features:
- Special OccassionDonaldVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had some guests that were in from out of town and decided to take them to Strip. One of our guests was hearing impaired so we had requested a table upstairs against a wall where the acoustics would be better. I had arranged that with the Manager ( Charlie ) when I made the reservation. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and taken to our table which was exactly what we had requested. The food and service were impeccable as we had a wonderful evening and our guests loved the experience. Strip is one of the best restaurants in the Cleveland area and I have high praise for another great evening. Bravo !!!Special Features:
- Only complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We ordered the lobster bearnaise on top of our filets. It was delicious but so overpriced! We were very surprised (and disappointed) when our bill showed $10 for each filet! Wow! I realize it was an upgrade from the free sauce but still... $20?Special Features:
- The BestAwesomeDined on 9/12/2014THis dining experience was the best I have ever had in Lorain County. THere were eight people in our party, while celebrating my daughters Birthday. Our waitress was perfect. Every drink, salad, appetizer, main entree was delivered to the right person at the the right time. Our food was done perfectly and which is hard to have hot food for eight people. We had more fun sharing tastes of one another's food and everything was perfect. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- PattiCDined on 9/10/2014Took friends there for the first time. Too chilly for patio so requested upstairs table with Michelle. She provided her usual impeccable service. Friend tried clambake special and thoroughly enjoyed. My Stripper steak was done to perfection. We really had a great evening.Special Features:
- Best filet everClevelandguyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Dinner with friends and the food was great. 12 ounce filet blackened with a brown sugar and whiskey rub was best steak I have had. Summer salad, jambalaya and steak fries all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & servicehappygal1Dined on 9/5/2014My friend and I had a wonderful experience at Strip Steakhouse. the service was great and the food was very good. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- DinnerRRReviewsDined on 9/5/2014Service was impeccable! Our waiter, Michael, discovered we were first time visitors and took lots of time to explain the menu in great detail. He was very patient, unhurried, and sincerely interested in making sure all our questions were answered. The "Stripper Steak" was definitely above average. I strongly recommend that, when you dine at The Strip, you ask for Michael for your waiter. He's the best server I can remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodtheanimationDined on 9/4/2014The menu is rather pricey, but you get exactly what you pay for. Everything we had was amazing and unique! We will definitely be returning for our next celebration of a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumluvgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014Great time with my husband. Food was good but my husband's steak was under cooked and mine was over cooked. The loaded potatoes were drenched in butter. Overall it was a good meal and great atmospher. Would come back to see if it was a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RareNiteOutDined on 8/31/2014Wagyu steak is unbelievably good! The filet melts in your mouth. We also love the salads and pretzel bread! We love this place and have celebrated our anniversary here 3 years in a row!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!KCohDined on 8/24/2014This local steak house continues to exceed my expectations. This trip was a birthday celebration and everyone left the table satisfied, full, and eager for the next time we would be back.Special Features:
- Great steaks and chops!!ChappoDined on 8/24/2014Our service was excellent. All of the beef and pork entrees were delicious and prepared exactly how they were ordered. One person in our party ordered a seafood special that presented as a not so elegant stew like consistency over rice. While the dish didn't taste bad, it really didn't taste good either. The guest was clearly disappointed in his meal, especially for the amount of money it cost but didn't complain as he didn't want to make a scene at this special event. We celebrated a birthday and the guest of honor was presented with a complimentary cake that was delicious...Overall we recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Steak and lamb very fatty. We were very disappointed!Special Features:
- excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Terrific food, ambiance and service! Staff was helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael the server was/is supurb.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Love the restraunt, I see us revisiting several more times this year. We have already referred family to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love love love!foodie4lifeDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I go to Strip whenever we have the chance! The shareable sides are all fantastic and the steaks are to die for. I love that there's always something interesting on the menu. And the service has been outstanding every time we go. We've gotten several friends into strip and now it's their go to place for anniversary's, birthdays or just whenever we all get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDonaldVIPDined on 8/20/2014We entertained some out of town friends at STRIP and they thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu has options for all but known for its steaks. Our waiter explained the menu well and everyone enjoyed there meals. Strip is by far one of the best restaurants in the Cleveland area and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!JyanoskaDined on 8/20/2014We had a Birthday Celebration at Strip and the meal was fantastic! I love everything about this place, the barn, the food and the drinks! Thanks for a great Birthday Experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great service. Great food. Great ambiance . Always good time . Highly recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.