36840 Detroit Road
Avon, OH 44011Neighborhood:
Avon / Avon Lake
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stripsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (440) 934-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 3:00pm daily
Happy Hour 3-6 (at the bar only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Larson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Strip Steakhouse
Locally owned and operated, Strip is the hottest new restaurant in Avon. We are located in the Olde Avon Village on Detroit Road in the historic Ewers Barn. We offer an innovative menu using only the highest quality ingredients, featuring USDA prime aged beef for its superior flavor and tenderness. Come in, unwind and have an enjoyable evening with friends and family. Try one of our juicy, mouthwatering steaks, have a drink at the bar, or savor one of our decadent desserts. Whatever the occasion, Strip makes for a truly enjoyable evening out. Guests requiring disabled seating are asked to request lower level dining at the time of reservationContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Strip Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Avon / Avon Lake ›
Strip Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (150)romantic (110)fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (88)hot spot (53)notable wine list (50)good for groups (50)great for outdoor dining (30)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (14)scenic view (12)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- very exquisite and delicious!sophiaDined on 11/21/2014I was very impressed with strip. They were very welcoming, knowledgeable, and helpful. The food was delicious! I loved the steak, very juicy flavorful and filling. I enjoyed the atmosphere . Everything was perfect, I'm definitely coming back to try every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip Steak house is a destination locationTonyWDined on 11/21/2014A great atmosphere and terrific steak! If you are looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Concert PerfectionClayBuckVIPDined on 11/15/2014We made early reservations in order to get to a downtown concert on time. We told our server, Deana (nickname Tiny) that we needed to be out of Strip at about 7:00. She timed things perfectly and we enjoyed cocktails, the Dinner-for-Two special including desert and were on the road right on time. The food was great and the atmosphere was perfect on a early winter night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3dinersDined on 11/9/2014Celebrating our son's 24th birthday at The Strip. We enjoyed soup and spinach salads before our main course of steaks. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not worth what we spentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Overpriced for the food quality. It wasn't worth the amount of money we spentSpecial Features:
- ExceptionalfoodfoodDined on 11/7/2014This was our first time at Strip Steak house and the experience was truly amazing. From the drink list to the food menu I was truly impressed. The food was beyond deliscious and everything was just perfect. My fiance is a big steak person & he ordered the special of the night which was a 32 oz ribeye marble steak and he was in heaven! We are coming back all the time and with family and friends!Special Features:
- Love Strip!Luv2winendineDined on 11/7/2014I have been to Strip a half dozen times & absolutely love it every time. From the soups & salads to the desserts, everything is fabulous! It is fine dining without the pretentiousness you may find at other restaurants. Strip has an elegant ambiance. They have a great wine list that is priced reasonably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post meeting dinner at StripLeslieB3Dined on 11/6/2014I believe the simple syrup was left out of our Moscow Mule. It was not at all like the ones we had this past summer. They gladly exchanged it. The food and service was excellent as usual...this is why we always pick Strip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceSpecialPlaceDined on 11/6/2014Strip Steakhouse presents great food in a beautiful & unique atmosphere.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY!!JoeyDined on 11/6/2014The Strip Steakhouse is absolutely one of my favorite restaurants. I love the interior, especially the upstairs. The staff is very friendly and the service is outstanding. The food is well-prepared, delicious, and beautifully presented. Plus, it's in my own backyard of Avon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another home run at StripDonaldVIPDined on 11/1/2014Entertained some friends from out of town . We were greeted warmly and taken to our table for our reservation. The server Sarah was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable of the menu and made some very good suggestions on the specials and wine list . Our meals were 5 star and our guests loved there experience at Strip . A great evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveLuv2dineDined on 11/1/2014Very nice place. Good food and excellent service. Much pricier than I had anticipated.Special Features:
- First timer, we will return!FoodieDined on 10/31/2014After hearing a lot about Strip, we visited recently. The restaurant is difficult to see from the road so be sure to use your navigation software. Excellent food starting with the pretzels and peanut butter butter. No, that's not a typo....it's peanut butter butter. For entrees we had the pork chop and filet with lobster tail. The pork chop was delicious and the mashed potatoes were perfect. The filet melted in your mouth but lacked real steak flavor. The scalloped potatoes looked delicious but had too much rosemary. That was unfortunate! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic birthday dinnerSla727Dined on 10/31/2014Took my husband for his birthday this year (our first time there) and it was wonderful! I had the filet, it was the best steak I've ever had. My husband got the porterhouse and it was the first time in a long time he couldn't finish a meal! We chose spinach and lobster risotto as our sides. The risotto was another favorite! At the end of the meal they brought my husband a cake, we took it home but it was very good the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Luv2dine2Dined on 10/28/2014The 2 filet special is such a great deal, and there's plenty of leftovers. The steaks were cooked to perfection! Our server was friendly and very attentive. Wine selection was very good. The menu is varied, and the vegetables are fresh. You can tell that they care about the quality here. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Perfect for a double date. Had a great time and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I see potentialLuckyStarsDined on 10/22/2014Everything was absolutely fantastic from the atmosphere, appetizers, to the sides, except for the quality of the cut of meat we got! 3 of us all got the cowboy (ribeye) and all of us got a substantial amount of gristle. For being a $39.00 steak, this was very disappointing. The waitress apologized and said she'd mention it to the manager, but he never came. I had a pile the size of half a baseball of chewed up, inedible gristle. With that being said, the steaks were seasoned and cooked to perfection, so maybe it was a fluke. It would've been nice to get a formal apology from the manager and maybe a round of drinks, instead of just being ignored. I've had many steaks in my day and that cut of meat didn't seem like a good one at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The food was great! The waitress Sarah was the best pleasing us with her knowledge and sweetness. The lighting was perfect also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceExcellentDined on 10/18/2014Our server was excellent. She helped us will all aspects of our meal. Would definitely recommend. My only complaint would be that we felt the manager was breathing down her neck. Other than that i highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- FantasticRandyDined on 10/18/2014Great food! Steaks that melt in your mouth cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Best steakhouse around! Great food and service every time we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent as always. Service was excellent as well - our server was knowledgeable and friendly. The manager checks with all the guests, too. We have been going to The Strip since it opened and the quality has never waivered - it's OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/11/2014Always have such a great experience at Strip, it's one of our favorite local restaurants. The food is always consistent and service is impeccable. It was such a nice, relaxed evening and we really enjoyed celebrating our anniversary here. They really make you feel special and it's worth every penny!Special Features:
- Strip DeliteLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Our dinner at the Strip Steakhouse was outstanding. The service was top notch and atmosphere pleasing for a fine food spot. The menu had many excellent choices and then the specials were an added bonus. The prices are not cheap, but you get what you pay for, simply awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Excellent service(Mike)SteaklovrDined on 10/11/2014First time at the Strip for our anniversary! Food was incredible and our Server, Mike, was top notch!! I will highly recommend this place to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAntillesDined on 10/9/2014Went here for our anniversary. The food was awesome and our server was very knowledgeable of everything on the menu. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the mac and cheese was the best we'd ever had. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointing.DavidDined on 10/7/2014Both steaks and side were cold. Had to send both meals back. 2nd time around, steaks were just ok and potato was undercooked. Sorry, but I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for great food, but that comes with a higher standard that is expected. The staff was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- JJLJDined on 10/5/2014Excellent food excellent service. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Serviceg8fudDined on 10/3/2014Food is always great here and service is always top notch. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Fantastic from start to finishsarahbellemsmomDined on 10/3/2014We were seated upstairs promptly for our 7:15 reservation. The table was quiet but a little too dark for our tastes. We asked to move to another table near the open loft and were accommodated. Appetizers were great (lobster temptations and chorizo-stuffed poblanos). Steaks were cooked to perfection. Wine was great. Our waitress was very accommodating but I would encourage management to train their wait staff to have some knowledge of the wine list so they can make appropriate recommendations. Luckily we had "wine people" in our group who knew exactly what to choose. Dessert was great as well. It was only my second trip to Strip but I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experience!bdavis1210Dined on 10/3/2014My boyfriend and I decided to try Strip after a co-worker recommended it to both of us. Our server was great and since it was our first time here she recommended going with a steak and saving specials for the next time we visited. I'm glad we decided to take her advice, we started with the lobster bisque soup which was to die for! They really don't skim out of the lobster meat, it was packed full and had great flavor! Our entrees were cooked to perfection, I ordered the 6oz filet and my boyfriend had the big daddy (porterhouse). Their sides come family style but we're yummy! We also added a 10 oz lobster tail to a steak, which topped it all off perfectly! If your looking for a unique and tasty experience try strip, you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steak by any other name...Hula123Dined on 10/2/2014Another great experience at STRIP! Sometimes it just makes sense to stay with a place you know will always take care of you. The bartenders make the most unique drink combinations and the servers are always eager to let you know what’s new on the menu. On this particular night, the chef was once again trying out some new recipes and wondered if my table would be interested in giving them a try. Yes, please! I wish I could remember the name of the appetizer we were served, but I will never forget the taste. Buttery goodness. It was out of this world. My cowboy steak was cooked to perfection but I was kicking myself later for not ordering the garlic smashed potatoes to go with it. I saw them at an adjacent table and they looked so good!Special Features:
- wonderful dinner!jmac12Dined on 9/27/2014We LOVE Strip! Food was outstanding! Our server, Joe, was great...knew the menu and made great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningRandyDined on 9/26/2014Our server was excellent, food was out of this world!! Steaks that just melt in your mouth! Good size portions. Very nice ambiance!Special Features:
- Great experienceGreatNightOutDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic evening at Strip. Server was very friendly and helpful without dominating and our steaks were delicious. The portions of the sides were huge and could easily be shared by four. The owner was gracious and created a wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a Steakhouse!AVLFoodieDined on 9/24/2014My husband loved his steak although I don't eat meat & got The Mist - the tuna was cooked perfectly but the sides were terrible - the vegetable dumplings were all dough & the basmati rice tasted like day old Chinese rice & the fish was served on a log of goat cheese, which was not in the menu description. It said it came w/ a piña colada sauce that was non-existent. I just thought it to be an odd pairing - the sides, seared tuna on an earthy pasty goat cheese! I love goat cheese just not with tuna. My husband did enjoy the steak, although he said Delmonicos was still #1. Fish tacos were average, a little skimpy. Risotto was creamy & we only ate a quarter of it. The service was great but I think Strip is a bit overrated. $102 w/ 2 drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The meal that we had at Strip Steakhouse was possibly the best meal that we have every experienced. The steaks were absolutely perfect and the sides were delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- great as alwaysluvmywife37Dined on 9/21/2014Loved the entire meal and service was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICDonaldVIPDined on 9/20/2014Reservation on a busy Saturday night. We were greeted warmly and took us to our reserved table with no wait. We ordered the special appetizer ( Lobster Cakes and that were fantastic. Our server Charlie explained the specials very well and had in depth knowledge of the menu and wine selections. We had a wonderful dinner and evening at Strip.. We plan on going back real soon.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Place, Undercooked FoodLady53Dined on 9/20/20149/20th at 8pm, superb ambiance for a nice 1st date. Waiting by the bar, chunky furniture should be narrower, and ditch the fake wall fireplaces, and the setting will be spot on!! Lobster bisque, wonderful - lots of lobster! Whiskey glazed pork chop was huge, and delicious! I asked for medium well, was told medium was recommended for this cut So glad I insisted on medium well - perfect! But the description had my guy think medium best for his 10oz steak, he ended up leaving a fair hunk of really pink meat on the plate, eating only the edges. Will now say our baked potato was not fully cooked; it's so simple I'm surprised they got that wrong. Server Michelle was sweet, she got a 40% tip! We will give one more try but I prefer Cabin Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.