Strip House Midtown
15 West 44th
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Strip House Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.striphouse.com/
- Phone: 2123365454x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunset: Monday - Friday, 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday, 5:00pm-10:00pm;
Thursday - Saturday, 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Vignola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: To inquire about booking for a party of 12 or more or planning an event Strip House Midtown, contact BR Guest Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Request event information online here:http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event
A word from Strip House Midtown
Strip House Midtown at 44th Street brings all the Strip House signatures to a brand new bi-level space for lunch, dinner and private dining. Visit the new NYC location for a classic cocktail at the bar, or a full steakhouse experience. Experience the combination of charred cuts perfectly paired with decadent sides, in a siren red interior where old world glamour meets modern style and sophistication. Named a top steakhouse by Zagat and awarded four stars by Forbes, the namesake cut isn’t the only thing to marvel upon...walls are adorned with original Studio Manasse prints of 1930s burlesque stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strip House Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (70)romantic (53)notable wine list (48)good for groups (48)great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sad - we left and ate at DB BistroAviEatsOutVIPDined on 8/27/2014I live close to the downtown version - this is nothing close to that one. We ate somewhere else...enough said. Air conditioner was not working fully and it was terrible on a hot summer day.
- Won't Be BackRudeWelcomeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very tired and old. Service was average and food nothing special, but expensive. Capitol Grille and Palm are far better.
- Very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Everything was excellent, but dinner for two for $460 even with the tip is a little much. It wasn't worth that much.Special Features:
- simple but high qualityBdubVIPDined on 8/23/2014A menu that will appeal to all as there are few sauces or gimmicks. Just simple high quality food. Be careful of the wine list as they have about a 350%-400% mark up over retail. Wine prices were so goofy high we held off and I know wine as I lived in Napa for 11 years.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceFoodJunkieDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was one of the rudest waiters I have ever had. He was condescending, over bearing and acted like we couldn't afford to be there. The food we finally did order was good but the service made the entire experience unenjoyable. We will never eat at a Strip House again. We can have good food and excellent customer service elsewhere.
- Striphouse does it againOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Another perfect visit to my favorite steakhouse. The ambiance was amazing as always, and the steaks were cooked exactly the way we ordered them. Bone in ribeye is the way to go, and the creamed spinach was on point yet again. Service is attentive and never pushy. Wine list also has some great choices and the staff is quick to recommend some hidden gems. This continues to be my steakhouse of choice for entertaining clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribeyeMikusDined on 8/19/2014Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food all around. While the food is priced "fairly" for a NYC steakhouse, the wine list is not. Its a shame you can enjoy the amazing steaks with a glass of wine without paying 5x retail. But such is NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for couplesLadydee718Dined on 8/17/2014Very good cocktails. Great food. Steak cooked to perfection, melts in your mouth. Fresh seafood. Yummy side dishes, hard to choose from. Servers are nice and friendly and assertive. I would go back there with my husband again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGennaroDined on 8/17/2014Great dinner for two . Good ambience And prfect service. Goodrum choise of foodSpecial Features:
- A great steak as usual!!winesnobDined on 8/15/2014The Striphouse is one of my all-time favorite steakhouses. This was my first time at the W. 44th location. I really liked the ambience & decor. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is our favorite spot for a great energetic lunch. The waiters are the best, make you feel important and do a great job of keeping things interesting. I would highly recommend going there.Special Features:
- bobrussianDined on 8/14/2014went after show, very friendly, service great, stake was outstanding, personnel competent. Would recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- will go back butlovetoeatVIPDined on 8/14/2014having asked how they cooked their meat and then asked for it pink not bloody, it came out grey...and was returned for a new one...my friends ate theirs while i picked away at the sides...once my steak came back it tasted incredible sadly no one offered to or thought to bring a one hot side ato accompany it...i wasnt going to wait anymore ..i ate cold sides with a great steak ...i will go back for the food ...service left soemthing to be desiredI would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge dissapointment-no more #1 4 meloveagoodmealDined on 8/14/2014The original SH was the only place I'd go for the best ribeye I've ever tasted. I went regularly for the most delicious steaks AND roast beef (out of this world). I also liked the more intimate atmosphere. My midtown restaurant wk lunch tasted like an average chain restaurant steak place. The filet mignon was tiny, tough, flavorless. The pate was both gritty and too oily. One positive was the new sundae which was outstanding. This is supposed to be one of the best steakhouses in the city, but at least the mid-town location was a big disappointment. Now I don't know if the old location has changed. I don't want to risk going at those prices. It had been well worth it. Now I need to find a new destination for ribeyes! Lost a loyal customer.
- Overall nice experienceLiveloveDined on 8/13/2014Service was great ambiance great...my steak, not so much. Ordered ny strip medium well...served medium, and tasted like it was Cooked in a pan full of butter. Wouldn't go back for the food. Nice atmosphere though....A for effort.Special Features:
- AppleVIPDined on 8/13/2014We thought the steak was good, the filet much meter than the strip steak. We came early, but the noise level is high after 7:30.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Love Strip House! Food, service and atmosphere is on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Restuarant Week SurpriseHappyhumanVIPDined on 8/12/2014For restaurant week the Strip House provided three options for each of the three courses. I made my selections and enjoyed my meal which included Tuna tartar, a Petit Filet, and ice cream sundae. I enjoyed the meal but did note like other reviews that the restaurant uses a lot of salt and pepper in its preparation including salt in the desert. That was fine for me but just wanted to let you know. The surprise came when I ask for the check. Guess I should have read the fine print cause everything I ordered had an additional supplemental charge. So my $25 restaurant week lunch came to $45.72 ($54.72 w/tip) which included a hot tea. Nevertheless the less the meal was enjoyable.
- Horrible Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014This steakhouse, if you want to call it that, was highly recommended by the on-duty manager at the hotel I was staying for the weekend. We went to the Strip House for a late dinner after seeing a Broadway show. I was terribly disappointed with the service and the food. We both ordered the ribeye which was too salty and appeared burned. My baked potato was cold and it was disappointing to learn that they only served the Porterhouse for two. I would not recommend this restaurant. This was the worst place for a steak.
- Interesting Restaurant Week ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014The interior of Strip House is very dated and looks a bit tacky with all the burlesque dancer photos, however, the food is on point. My co-workers and I came here for restaurant week and the highlights of the meal were definitely the steak and panna cotta.Special Features:
- Top NotchNycjennVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went for restaurant week and this place was fabulous. Great choices on the menu, wonderful service and delicious food. The tuna was divine and the filet was delicious. The signature sundae is a surprising mix of sweet and salty and worth saving room for!.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchblueberryDined on 8/8/2014The atmosphere and food was very nice. The waiters were courteous and helpful. Definitely a good place to relax and eat for a couple hours.Special Features:
- Came with family really nice lunchAccelloraDined on 8/7/2014Most steakhouses are not good for little kids. Here the waiter was very accommodating and paid extra attention to them. Great food and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful steakArielDined on 8/7/2014We like the way Strip House make steak. They use appropriate part of beef to bring us enjoyment! The desserts were also excellent.Special Features:
- Never disappointingBeaufred1Dined on 8/6/2014We love the west village location and this was our first visit to midtown. It was really delicious-not the special watermelon heirloom tomatoe though. That was disappointing. The noise level was really oppressive. Made me feel like an old person hard of hearing. Other than that the steaks were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip House on 44thdinedplentyVIPDined on 8/6/2014This place is a poor facsimile of the one on 12th Street. They were "phoning it in". Food was good, but service was rushed, like they were trying to flip the table in an hour if they could. Way too many children for a steak restaurant, particularly of that ilk, and the noise level was not exactly "energetic". . .it was downright loud and noisy. I would NOT go back there.
- When Dinner is Ambushed by DinCaptiv8dDined on 8/6/2014How does a mid- town steakhouse turn it's carefully prepared appetizers, steaks and wines into an experience not worthy of a repeat engagement? By letting the noise level escalate to such a level that even shouting at the server did not work to place an order. By jamming tables so close to each other that there was absolutely no way the guests could communicate without involving neighbors in the discussion. My suggestion: spend an evening dining at Keen's to learn how to run a class establishment, worth the very steep price tag.Special Features:
- AccommodatingHelpfulDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I ate there as part of a 47 anniversary celebration. The alcohol was pricier than I expected. The portions were larger than we usually eat but the wait staff was very accommodating and allowed us to share a single entree without embarrassment or extra charge. The steak was delicious and cooked just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Striphouse, MidtownAdrienneDined on 8/6/2014Very disappointing this year. We go twice a year for Restaurant Week. It was always one of our "best" picks. The staff were outstanding. The food fell short. I don't mind paying an $8 supplement for having "steak" but, I and my friends, are not Filet Mignon eaters. However, 6 of the 7 did choose it. We prefer sliced steak of any kind. The country pate was a bit hard and difficult to cut and eat. The veggie on the steak dish was miniscule and hard to recognize. The dessert was the only saving factor. Most of us had the Sundae which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way too much pepper on the steakCamilleVIPDined on 8/6/2014the steak has way too much pepper on it. it's really so so. won't come back for sure.
- Great food and Great ServiceFood4thoughtDined on 8/5/2014Have been here twice and the second time didn't disappoint either. Food is always delicious and consistent. Service is always welcoming. A great steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchBirdVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food was prepared perfectly; the portions were large and the service made everything betterSpecial Features:
- Good for work meetingsStephenDined on 8/4/2014The food here was good and they have a great attentive staff. My salmon was nothing special, but the tuna tartar and cheesecake were out of this world. I went with 2 friends but felt rushed when staff asked multiple times within a short span, if we were done with our food. On that note, I would suggest when having a business meeting since they try to move things along quickly. Not a place I would want to go if i'm trying to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Business LunchSabriNYCDined on 7/29/2014I love Strip House, but I'd never been for lunch. I decided to come for lunch with a client, who was in town. The food and service was exceptional, which is what I expected from previous evening experiences. We both ordered the 10 oz steak for lunch, which was cooked perfectly to the temperature we ordered- medium rare. While dining, both the server and manager checked in as soon as we began our meal to see that everything was satisfactory and that we were enjoying ourselves. The overall experience was great, and I'll be back again for lunch, and or course- dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing filet mignonupperwestsiderVIPDined on 7/28/2014This is now my favorite steak place. They are 3 for 3 as far as the filet mignon goes. Cooked perfectly and flavorful every time. And the sauteed mushrooms are so savory. My other colleagues also enjoyed the crab cakes and steak and tomato salad. And the shot of watermelon puree was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHappy13Dined on 7/27/2014Came here after seeing a show with my boyfriend. It was an amazing experience. I had read the reviews before deciding on the Strip House, it had so many great reviews, I couldn't resist trying it. The reviews are spot on, the food was amazing along with our waiter. I will defiantly come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good SteakJADACADined on 7/26/2014Very good steak. Very nice restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Epitome of HospitalitysaratogaknightDined on 7/26/2014From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated like family. This was our first time dining at Strip House; we are from the Syracuse area and travel to the city several times a year. We had attended the Bacon and Beer Classic held at Citi Field earlier that day, and made a last minute reservation based off of that experience. The server recommended the bacon appetizer, with the added selling point that it had taken first place in a "bacon competition" earlier that day. We smiled, and said we had attended that event, and had loved their tasting. From there, it just became surreal. Delicious appetizers and sides, as well as a mouth watering piece of cheesecake were placed in front of us, "with compliments". We will gladly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality experienceAccpDined on 7/25/2014Great ambience and fun adult theme, great food, and top-notch service. Great all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well....kristindivaDined on 7/24/2014So, we went during Restaurant Week, and we sort of got treated kind of poorly. When we just asked to eat from the Restaurant Week menu, our waiter sort of made "the face" a lot make when people come to dine on a prix fixe menu and don't order alcohol on top of it (I can't drink for health reasons.) Our waiter actually left on a break while we were eating, an extra item we ordered never arrived and coffee arrived after we were done with dessert. I'm disappointed, especially since my boyfriend raved about this place after taking a 20-person bachelor party there. I guess you have to come high rolling to be treated with respect.Special Features: