Strip House Midtown
15 West 44th
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Strip House Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.striphouse.com/
- Phone: 2123365454x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunset: Monday - Friday, 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday, 5:00pm-10:00pm;
Thursday - Saturday, 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Vignola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: To inquire about booking for a party of 12 or more or planning an event Strip House Midtown, contact BR Guest Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request event information online here:http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event
A word from Strip House Midtown
Strip House Midtown at 44th Street brings all the Strip House signatures to a brand new bi-level space for lunch, dinner and private dining. Visit the new NYC location for a classic cocktail at the bar, or a full steakhouse experience. Experience the combination of charred cuts perfectly paired with decadent sides, in a siren red interior where old world glamour meets modern style and sophistication. Named a top steakhouse by Zagat and awarded four stars by Forbes, the namesake cut isn’t the only thing to marvel upon...walls are adorned with original Studio Manasse prints of 1930s burlesque stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strip House Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)fit for foodies (75)romantic (57)notable wine list (54)good for groups (52)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Wonderful steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Great find in the middle of mid-town Manhattan. Our party thought the steaks were the best seasoned ones we had had in NY. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING FINDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and the ambiance. A definite recommend and would defiantly return. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- mx22VIPDined on 9/11/2014I was disappointed in the service. the food was rather pricey..my first time there, maybe my lastSpecial Features:
- Meatlovers paradise....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The food was awesome. The meat is the best you can get on the planet.... I loved the atmosphere in that old striphouse...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Wine choices were outstanding thanks to Eugene ChoiI would recommend this to a friend.
- great after work sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2014Went on a Tuesday night and there was a great bar scene. Didn't have to wait too long for our table and the service was still perfect. As usual, all the steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were out of this world.
- Before TheaterSabriNYCDined on 9/9/2014This is always such an experience. I have been here three times so far, and I love it every time. The food is always cooked to perfection and the service is impeccable. We came here before a show on Tuesday evening. We didn't leave ourselves much time to eat and get seated, so I was a bit concerned, but they had our table ready and seated right away. Because we'd been there before, we knew what we wanted to eat, and before we knew it, drinks and appetizers were on the table. Every server, back waiter, or manager who walked by was attentive, but not invasive, to see if we needed anything. It was a great start to a memorable evening. I'll be back soon. Theater or not.Special Features:
- Best steak in NYC hands down!!!OdessaVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Strip House is simply the best steak in NYC, which also means it's the best anywhere! We have been eating here for years and it always delivers. Phenomenal food and service. Totally consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placePattyDined on 9/7/2014It was a very differente and nice experience in fact the decoration and ambience of the place. The food and prices are good and one of the so many good things its the great ubication and service that the place hasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysAnonymousDined on 9/6/2014Continues to be my favorite midtown steakhouse. Waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and made great recommendations. Long bone ribchop for two was excellent, and creamed spinach. Great wine choices by the glass as well. I'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great place - vibrant feelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Food and service was amazing. Our waiter Derek was fantastic! One of the best waiters I have had when coming to NYC.Special Features:
- One of the best steaks aroundCelt1959Dined on 9/2/2014From the time we entered to the time we left the experience was wonderful. Will go back againin a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Misguided wine listMarlianoDined on 8/30/2014The steaks were of good quality, but in the cooking process too much salt was used. I scraped off as much of the salt as possible, but would rather have had the opportunity to salt the steak myself. The reason I will not go back or will not recommend this establishment is due to the ostentatious wine list. The offerings were so expensive that we only ordered by-the-glass. Too bad for us as my wife and I are very frequent wine drinkers...but we're not foolish with our money. I imagine that whoever selected the wines probably doesn't have a mortgage, car notes, college expenses, etc. and probably shares an apartment with someone else. The exact profile of someone who couldn't afford to eat there, more or less order wine from that wine list!Special Features:
- a place you will return togenevaDined on 8/29/2014this place is great, has a very sexy cool ambiance/décor. service is excellent, and the food is better, all the steaks have a peppercorn rub that is fabulous. frequented many steakhouses in the city, this is one of the best by far.Special Features:
- Sad - we left and ate at DB BistroAviEatsOutVIPDined on 8/27/2014I live close to the downtown version - this is nothing close to that one. We ate somewhere else...enough said. Air conditioner was not working fully and it was terrible on a hot summer day.
- Won't Be BackRudeWelcomeVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very tired and old. Service was average and food nothing special, but expensive. Capitol Grille and Palm are far better.
- great timemelissaDined on 8/26/2014amazing time and experience food and wine was great!Special Features:
- Very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Everything was excellent, but dinner for two for $460 even with the tip is a little much. It wasn't worth that much.Special Features:
- simple but high qualityBdubVIPDined on 8/23/2014A menu that will appeal to all as there are few sauces or gimmicks. Just simple high quality food. Be careful of the wine list as they have about a 350%-400% mark up over retail. Wine prices were so goofy high we held off and I know wine as I lived in Napa for 11 years.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceFoodJunkieDined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was one of the rudest waiters I have ever had. He was condescending, over bearing and acted like we couldn't afford to be there. The food we finally did order was good but the service made the entire experience unenjoyable. We will never eat at a Strip House again. We can have good food and excellent customer service elsewhere.
- Striphouse does it againOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Another perfect visit to my favorite steakhouse. The ambiance was amazing as always, and the steaks were cooked exactly the way we ordered them. Bone in ribeye is the way to go, and the creamed spinach was on point yet again. Service is attentive and never pushy. Wine list also has some great choices and the staff is quick to recommend some hidden gems. This continues to be my steakhouse of choice for entertaining clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribeyeMikusDined on 8/19/2014Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food all around. While the food is priced "fairly" for a NYC steakhouse, the wine list is not. Its a shame you can enjoy the amazing steaks with a glass of wine without paying 5x retail. But such is NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for couplesLadydee718Dined on 8/17/2014Very good cocktails. Great food. Steak cooked to perfection, melts in your mouth. Fresh seafood. Yummy side dishes, hard to choose from. Servers are nice and friendly and assertive. I would go back there with my husband again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGennaroDined on 8/17/2014Great dinner for two . Good ambience And prfect service. Goodrum choise of foodSpecial Features:
- A great steak as usual!!winesnobDined on 8/15/2014The Striphouse is one of my all-time favorite steakhouses. This was my first time at the W. 44th location. I really liked the ambience & decor. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is our favorite spot for a great energetic lunch. The waiters are the best, make you feel important and do a great job of keeping things interesting. I would highly recommend going there.Special Features:
- bobrussianDined on 8/14/2014went after show, very friendly, service great, stake was outstanding, personnel competent. Would recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- will go back butlovetoeatVIPDined on 8/14/2014having asked how they cooked their meat and then asked for it pink not bloody, it came out grey...and was returned for a new one...my friends ate theirs while i picked away at the sides...once my steak came back it tasted incredible sadly no one offered to or thought to bring a one hot side ato accompany it...i wasnt going to wait anymore ..i ate cold sides with a great steak ...i will go back for the food ...service left soemthing to be desiredI would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge dissapointment-no more #1 4 meloveagoodmealDined on 8/14/2014The original SH was the only place I'd go for the best ribeye I've ever tasted. I went regularly for the most delicious steaks AND roast beef (out of this world). I also liked the more intimate atmosphere. My midtown restaurant wk lunch tasted like an average chain restaurant steak place. The filet mignon was tiny, tough, flavorless. The pate was both gritty and too oily. One positive was the new sundae which was outstanding. This is supposed to be one of the best steakhouses in the city, but at least the mid-town location was a big disappointment. Now I don't know if the old location has changed. I don't want to risk going at those prices. It had been well worth it. Now I need to find a new destination for ribeyes! Lost a loyal customer.
- Overall nice experienceLiveloveDined on 8/13/2014Service was great ambiance great...my steak, not so much. Ordered ny strip medium well...served medium, and tasted like it was Cooked in a pan full of butter. Wouldn't go back for the food. Nice atmosphere though....A for effort.Special Features:
- AppleVIPDined on 8/13/2014We thought the steak was good, the filet much meter than the strip steak. We came early, but the noise level is high after 7:30.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Love Strip House! Food, service and atmosphere is on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Restuarant Week SurpriseHappyhumanVIPDined on 8/12/2014For restaurant week the Strip House provided three options for each of the three courses. I made my selections and enjoyed my meal which included Tuna tartar, a Petit Filet, and ice cream sundae. I enjoyed the meal but did note like other reviews that the restaurant uses a lot of salt and pepper in its preparation including salt in the desert. That was fine for me but just wanted to let you know. The surprise came when I ask for the check. Guess I should have read the fine print cause everything I ordered had an additional supplemental charge. So my $25 restaurant week lunch came to $45.72 ($54.72 w/tip) which included a hot tea. Nevertheless the less the meal was enjoyable.
- AlexBVIPDined on 8/10/2014Good midtown steakhouse with good consistent food. Its claim to fame is its great selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Horrible Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014This steakhouse, if you want to call it that, was highly recommended by the on-duty manager at the hotel I was staying for the weekend. We went to the Strip House for a late dinner after seeing a Broadway show. I was terribly disappointed with the service and the food. We both ordered the ribeye which was too salty and appeared burned. My baked potato was cold and it was disappointing to learn that they only served the Porterhouse for two. I would not recommend this restaurant. This was the worst place for a steak.
- Interesting Restaurant Week ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014The interior of Strip House is very dated and looks a bit tacky with all the burlesque dancer photos, however, the food is on point. My co-workers and I came here for restaurant week and the highlights of the meal were definitely the steak and panna cotta.Special Features:
- Top NotchNycjennVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went for restaurant week and this place was fabulous. Great choices on the menu, wonderful service and delicious food. The tuna was divine and the filet was delicious. The signature sundae is a surprising mix of sweet and salty and worth saving room for!.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchblueberryDined on 8/8/2014The atmosphere and food was very nice. The waiters were courteous and helpful. Definitely a good place to relax and eat for a couple hours.Special Features:
- Came with family really nice lunchAccelloraDined on 8/7/2014Most steakhouses are not good for little kids. Here the waiter was very accommodating and paid extra attention to them. Great food and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful steakArielDined on 8/7/2014We like the way Strip House make steak. They use appropriate part of beef to bring us enjoyment! The desserts were also excellent.Special Features: