Strip House Midtown
15 West 44th
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Strip House Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.striphouse.com/
- Phone: 2123365454x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunset: Monday - Friday, 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday, 5:00pm-10:00pm;
Thursday - Saturday, 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Vignola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: To inquire about booking for a party of 12 or more or planning an event Strip House Midtown, contact BR Guest Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request event information online here:http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event
A word from Strip House Midtown
Strip House Midtown at 44th Street brings all the Strip House signatures to a brand new bi-level space for lunch, dinner and private dining. Visit the new NYC location for a classic cocktail at the bar, or a full steakhouse experience. Experience the combination of charred cuts perfectly paired with decadent sides, in a siren red interior where old world glamour meets modern style and sophistication. Named a top steakhouse by Zagat and awarded four stars by Forbes, the namesake cut isn’t the only thing to marvel upon...walls are adorned with original Studio Manasse prints of 1930s burlesque stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strip House Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (64)notable wine list (60)romantic (55)great for lunch (45)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (12)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Perfect Pace and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We had a great dinner that was paced very well. Service and staff were exceptional. Thanks You!!Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Was there last night and got blown off my feet! The service was really good, the food was increadible and the staff was handsome! Just loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014had a great booth in the back of the restaurant . Colorful waiter. Great service. Our steaks were great. They even brought a piece of cheesecake, since we had a "hefty" bar tab!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014From the second we sat down we were amazed with the wonderful staff. Our seafood tower was awesome and our steaks cooked perfectly! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal!Jadehig524Dined on 10/25/2014Took my parents here for dinner before a 9pm show and immediately upon entering we were greeted and catered to it a manner befitting the decor and the pricing by all of the staff present. The waiter asked if we had a show to catch and guided us through our meal in the brusk, unapologetic and insightful manner of a true, classic steak house server. The steak was exquisite but it was the sides that blew me away. Not one was average, they were all incredible, especially the creamed corn, spinach and special potatoes. This was a true occasion and more than made up for the disappointing experience we had when we went to Keens last time they were in town. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great MealRichDined on 10/25/2014Service for this top end NY restaurant was a little below par and a little rushed. Other than that, it would have been a five star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ótimo steakBrasileleDined on 10/24/2014Comi uma carne excelente por indicação da casa, um Ribeye. Não deixem de experimentar o creme de espinafre.Special Features:
- A bit underwhelmingwineslutVIPDined on 10/22/2014Not sure what all the hype is about. Steak quality was disappointing. Sides lacked any "wow' factor Servers were quite attentive.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Very enjoyable - both bar & Dining. Would have liked to see a couple of smaller steak items, most items larger than enjoyable for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food..great serviceRBKDDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was awesome and service was great. Very patient and informative and service was impeccable. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Nana2threeDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful experience! Great food--filet was cooked perfectly with a wonderful flavor. Excellent service, very attentive staff. Delicious desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakhouseEdwardJDined on 10/17/2014We had a great lunch at Strip House. I had been to the downtown location, but I think I like this a bit more. Service was great, all food exactly as you would likeSpecial Features:
- AmazingJam77Dined on 10/15/2014It was the best steak I have ever eaten. I strongly recommend this restaurant. It is not cheap though.Special Features:
- Service outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014The waiters, the hosts and even the bus boys were sooooooo accommodating and so nice. They had our to go bag waiting for us at the front as well. Very very cool scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!Top 5 places I've been toPixiek89Dined on 10/14/2014I made dinner reservations here to celebrate my boyfriends 30th birthday. I wanted it to be very special and have an amazing meal. I was so happy to say that I got just that. As soon as we walked in we were greeted and sat down immediately. The staff was so so nice and friendly and very attentive. They took our order very quickly and brought out the food in a timely manner. The food was spectacular. I ordered the salmon with beet sauce and my boyfriend ordered the 16oz Ny strip. Both dishes were amazing. We ordered the goose fat potatoes and garlic string beans as sides which were also very delicious.The dessert was delicious. They had a huge wine selection. Overall everything was wonderful. I Will come again for sure and recommened it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with Familyfederalist25VIPDined on 10/14/2014Went to dinner to celebrate my brother's birthday and enjoyed a wonderful meal. All the appetizers and steaks were fantastic and the wine choices by the glass were superb. This is my second visit to the restaurant and it did not disappoint. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client lunchClientlunchDined on 10/14/2014It was an important lunch and the service/food/experience could not have been better. The restaurant is a gem, and perfecft in my eyes for quiet client lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishVIPDined on 10/9/2014Food was great, I had a bone in filet--was the best I ever had. Service was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overratedMediamanDined on 10/9/2014Recently visited the restaurant with a party of five. Service was almost comical. One roll for five people. We asked for more and it took 20 minutes for one more roll to be delivered. We had to ask the waiter to come back and pour an actual glass of wine rather than a shot glass of wine. My steak was definitely reheated. Dry inside and lacking any flavor. Sides were good. The chocolate cake, much heralded, was served too cold to have much taste. And the bill, with one of the least expensive bottles of wine, was $650 before tip. Many, many, many better places to go for dinner!Special Features:
- steakmanDined on 10/7/2014The restaurant was extremely noisy. The food was fair at best and very expensive . The service was very good. Much better steak restaurants in the city!!!Special Features:
- Great foodGreggKDined on 10/3/2014Whenever we. One to New York, the Strip House is on our must do list. Love the 8oz filet perfect for ladies and cooked perfectly. We also had the goose lard potato AH-MAY-ZING and we love the creamed spinach. Very nice, great staff!Special Features:
- Strip Bacon Salad is HeavenNancyDined on 10/3/2014I can't say it enough the Strip Bacon Salad is Heaven. You just have to try it to understand how awesome it is.Special Features:
- VERY NICE PLACECarlosDined on 10/1/2014The service location and ambiance makes this place excellent for a special dinner, very good food as well.Special Features:
- Slightly underwhelmedLkn2dineNYCDined on 9/30/2014Wanted to try for restaurant week but never made it so figured it would be ok to check out a steak place - what could go wrong? The service was great, wine delicious but the appetizer (caprese) was terrible. The Mozarella was ice cold (like hard in the center frozen tasting) and very bland as was the tomato that was nowhere near being ripe. Needless to say it left a bad taste in my mouth - pun intended. We sent it back and the next one was the same -I was assured the mozzarella was made at the restaurant but at that point I was very disappointed. However, the steak stole the show along with the specilay strip potatoes and broccolini. The brownie dessert was divine. Noted NOT to order caprese...choose some thing else! It was a lively crowd!Special Features:
- We had a fantastic evening!AmbvDined on 9/28/2014Our first time in this place and it was impressive. Lovely and inviting decor; waiter was patient and professional; service was great; Porterhouse was to our liking and it was really delicious; Ceasar salad was ok; Side dishes were ok; Fabulous desserts. Overall, we had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to a great nightgaddzillaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a great meal with friends who were in from out of town. The price was high, but the value we got for our money was well-worth it. The only thing to watch out for is getting sat upstairs - the ceilings are very low, which makes the room noisier than downstairs. But the meal and the service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good SteakJonLikesSteakDined on 9/26/2014I found out about this place as I was searching for a good steak during my first visit to NYC. I had the New York Strip and it was AWESOME! I have no idea what the chef does to it, but it has a very unique flavour, and is highly recommended for anyone who wants a nice juicy steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!LibrarianDiva1Dined on 9/20/2014Have been here many times over the years and both the service and the food are excellent. This place is a wonderful treat for me and my boyfriend when we want to indulge in top quality food and drinks. Wait staff are very knowledgeable about the menu and make great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Especially with their Cajun rub. It's off the menu but they'll always make it and it's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/17/2014Service was good. Food was great! Don't miss out on the brownie dessert.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014I've never had even a mediocre meal there. Great as always.Special Features:
- Wonderful steaksWineloverDined on 9/15/2014Great find in the middle of mid-town Manhattan. Our party thought the steaks were the best seasoned ones we had had in NY. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING FINDGOODTOGODined on 9/13/2014Pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and the ambiance. A definite recommend and would defiantly return. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- excellentNicoDined on 9/13/2014I went out dinner with my husband last Saturday. Food ,service are nice. Fillet , strip are delicious. Beautiful shrimp cocktail ,so I'd like to recommend you it.Special Features:
- Classic steaks & great atmosphereCarolLDined on 9/12/2014Our first visit to the midtown Strip House and we enjoyed the quieter atmosphere even more than their Greenwich Village restaurant. As expected the steaks were perfectly prepared and simply delicious, as were our sides of roasted corn casserole and mushrooms. My beet carpaccio salad was beautifully presented but the beets were so thin the taste was diminished, so I can't recommend that one as I think there are better starters. Our server, Jessica (?) and her assistants, were perfectly friendly, timely, and gracious. We highly recommend the Strip House and prefer it to all other steakhouses we've tried in NYC. If you are looking for a beautifully prepared, exceptional steak and traditional accompaniments, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- mx22VIPDined on 9/11/2014I was disappointed in the service. the food was rather pricey..my first time there, maybe my lastSpecial Features:
- Meatlovers paradise....BlombergDined on 9/10/2014The food was awesome. The meat is the best you can get on the planet.... I loved the atmosphere in that old striphouse...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Wine choices were outstanding thanks to Eugene ChoiI would recommend this to a friend.
- great after work sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2014Went on a Tuesday night and there was a great bar scene. Didn't have to wait too long for our table and the service was still perfect. As usual, all the steaks were cooked to perfection and the sides were out of this world.
- Before TheaterSabriNYCDined on 9/9/2014This is always such an experience. I have been here three times so far, and I love it every time. The food is always cooked to perfection and the service is impeccable. We came here before a show on Tuesday evening. We didn't leave ourselves much time to eat and get seated, so I was a bit concerned, but they had our table ready and seated right away. Because we'd been there before, we knew what we wanted to eat, and before we knew it, drinks and appetizers were on the table. Every server, back waiter, or manager who walked by was attentive, but not invasive, to see if we needed anything. It was a great start to a memorable evening. I'll be back soon. Theater or not.Special Features: