Strip House Key West
1435 Simonton Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Strip House Key West
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.striphousekeywest.com/
- Phone: 3052959669x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - Sunset; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Van Schaick
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Strip House now offers a Sunset Prix Fixe Menu from 5:30PM to 7:15PM
Choice of Appetizer: Strip House Conch Chowder, Classic Caesar Salad
or Mixed Baby Greens
Petite Filet Mignon with Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic,
Lobster Linguine with Lemon-Cream & Lobster Bordelaise or
Pan Seared Florida Grouper with Haricot Vert, Artichoke Chips, Two Tomato Vinaigrettes
Dessert: Profiteroles with Chocolate, Vanilla and Coffee Ice Creams, Chocolate Sauce or Warm Chocolate Cobbler.
A word from Strip House Key West
Strip House is located at the Reach Resort in Key West, the only Caribbean island in the United States. Expansive windows overlook the Gulf and Outdoor Dining on the terrace is available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Strip House's innovative menu includes prime cuts of meat charred to perfection, signature side dishes such as truffle creamed spinach, goose fat potatoes, and the famed 24 Layer Chocolate Cake. A well balanced and expansive wine list is available. The striking red interior decorated with black and white seductive images of women in various forms was designed by David Rockwell. Strip House has been named One Of The Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America by Maxim Magazine and one of America's Greatest Steakhouses by GQ MagazineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strip House Key West reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (13)special occasion (12)scenic view (12)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Steaky-wakey, mmmmmm, delicious!4zaAzureDined on 9/16/2014Had dinner here and it was very, very good. Appetizers were ample and beautifully prepared and presented. Steaks were cooked to perfection and the meat was very high quality. Side dishes were also ample, although our green beans were a tad undercooked; not a deal breaker as I prefer mine crisp. Chocolate layer-cake had an intense, rich flavor but was not sweet. Overall, I would not hesitate to go back and, by the way, the pricing was fair-not cheap but a good quality dinner and night out. And a tip of our hat to our waiter Casey, thanks for you professionalism! PS I was dinning out of season so your experience may vary.Special Features:
- My Wedding ReceptionAMarleyDined on 9/9/2014My family and I ate at the Strip House after getting married on Smathers Beach. It was incredible. Every dish just melted in our mouths! The service was also exceptional. 5 stars all around.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!DiningDivaDined on 8/16/2014Three of us were priviledged to dine at Strip House. All three ordered something different. All meals were outstanding! Melt in your mouth goodness. A bit pricey but worth every penny, we will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- good food, great atmospherejdjnVIPDined on 8/8/2014We dined here on a Friday night with another local couple. We've been before, many years ago, and were underwhelmed. We sat outside on a beautiful full moon night. Food is abundant and we had no complaints. we are "foodies" so were somewhat underwhelmed at the flavors, you're typical steak house potatoes and spinach. My friend and I had the scallops and the boys had a steak and fish. No complaints but no omgs either. Service was friendly and professional. The setting on the beach and the ocean cannot be beat though, even for those of us who live on the island. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerNknftzDined on 8/2/2014Calamari was best we've experienced. Filet was just okay. Dined outdoors, lovely views and ambiance. Very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!RefineryVIPDined on 7/5/2014We loved it! Strip House in New York is a regular spot for us, so we thought we'd try the Key West version. We sat at the corner table looking out at the Gulf of Mexico. It was a beautiful evening, the service was excellent & the food was tropical versions of our New York faves. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatPris86Dined on 7/4/2014We only dined here because we heard we could sit oceanside and watch the fourth of July fireworks. I'm from Florida and frequently visit Key West so I know all about "Island Time," but this experience had to be one of the worst. For a high-end restaurant our food took well over an hour to be served and the restaurant wasn't even that busy. The food was mediocre at best. If you want an oceanfront outdoor setting I'd recommend going to Latitudes in Sunset Key. It's a 3, minute ferry ride from the Westin key West and the food is phenomenal with just a beautiful of a setting, if not better!Special Features:
- Normally, we love the Strip HouseJoJoBeanDined on 7/4/2014We celebrate July 4th every year here. There is a magnificent view of the fireworks, and the food/service have always been outstanding. This year, however, it was painful. The view and table were fantastic; our waitress was charming, BUT we arrived at 7:30 and didn't receive our dinner until after 10 pm!! First they didn't have the champagne we ordered (that took 20 minutes); appetizers arrived in an OK amount of time. And then we waited and waited and waited for our main courses. This is an expensive restaurant, so we fully expected some sign of regret -- perhaps a free dessert, but nothing! We asked for free corkage for our 2 wines; they finally conceded one $15 corkage. It's going to be very hard to come back again.Special Features:
- Perfect SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014We had the best service, and our food was prepared and cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DinnerehwpeDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary with a quiet wonderful dinner at your establishment on our last evening in Key West this past Fathers Day (6/15/2014). We so enjoyed the incredible food, service (Patricia) and the ambiance. It was exactly what we were looking for on our romantic getaway. We didn't want to leave (the Keys or your restaurant), and we ended up being the last patrons of the evening. I would highly recommend to everyone, and we will certainly be back on our next visit to Key West.Special Features:
- Great steak place !MBellDined on 5/30/2014Had the chance to eat here and it was awesome ! The food was superb and so was the service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenKMMMDined on 5/25/2014I can't say enough about how great the food, service and atmosphere was!!! It was AWESOME! Eat here - you will love it! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Strip House Key West reviews archive.
- Great service right on the waterKatieVIPDined on 5/24/2014The seating outside on the deck overlooking the pier and ocean was beautiful! This has a great location and was such a nice spot to watch the sun set. The service was very professional and attentive. Our waiter, Kelly, seemed to be very knowledgeable. He even recommended a second choice wine to my husband. The menu is set up with family style shared sides, however the portions are much too large for two people. I wish that they offered half portioned sides for smaller parties. We shared the mushrooms (delicious but could feed 4-8 people easily!) and the potato ramonoff (I loved this but the hubs did not care for it much. This could be shared by 4 nicely). For entrees, the NY Strip and the special black grouper did not disappoint.Special Features:
- New York style in Key WestManhattanDined on 5/22/2014I love the 2 Strip houses in Manhattan. I knew my husband & I would love it in key west too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak w/ ocean view7hom7homVIPDined on 5/6/2014Sat outside on a comfortably dry Tuesday night. Had the special: 8oz NY came with a side. Cooked correctly, medium rare, and presliced. I was permitted to sample three sauces. House Sauce would work better as an excellent cocktail sauce for shellfish; not so much for steak. Bearnaise was above average and not overpowering. Stilton Cheese Sauce was excellent. Even if you don't like bleu cheese, and I don't, give it a try as the bleu used is less pungeunt and more delicate than most. I also recommend the Creme Brulee topped with a nicely flash roasted pineapple chunk. Waitress was unbusy and struck the great balance of chatting with this solo diner and letting him enjoy his meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Pleasurerhw500VIPDined on 4/10/2014My wife and I live in Miami and we drive down to Key West for some R andR twice a year. The Strip House is always our first choice. The steak is the best you will experience anywhere and the view can't be matched. It truly is the Perfect Meal.Special Features:
- Strip House unable to cook steakdisappointedDined on 3/31/2014The side dishes were delicious - Mac and cheese, steamed broccoli and baked potatoes were superb. Filets were over cooked. We sent one back for medium rare and 20 minutes later it still had not been served. They seemed surprised I did not want it after the rest of my party had finished eating. Whole meal should have been free but no such graciousness to be found here.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014Out for a spical occasion and decided to try somewere new. Our whole experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warning Rare means RareMichelleDined on 3/15/2014Mixed review here.....the blue point oysters were fabulous! All the sides and deserts amazing! The steaks are great quality but don't Oder rare or medium rare because the steaks come out raw! We even sent ours back and they still came back slightly seared and raw on the inside. So, if you really mean pink not red (raw).....have the discussion with your waiter before hand. I would go back but, all I can think of is that raw meat! The tuna tar tar is marvelous! Service is good.Special Features:
- Good But Not Worth the PriceMrte62Dined on 3/14/2014The food was good and the view on the water was great. We were there on a Friday during Lent so seafood was in order. Everything was fresh and the service was attentive but was way overpriced.Special Features:
- BIG DisappointmentBigGuyDined on 3/4/2014Looking for a great steakhouse. Menu pricing average for excellent steakhouse fare. Food did not meet expectations. VERY average. Decor was very nice. Ocean view was perfect. Paying for the ambience and view. Service was good, but not remarkable. Would never go back.Special Features:
- Strip house stinksRereVIPDined on 2/16/2014We booked a noon reservation n hostess was snotty to us when we arrived n informed us they don't take reservations for lunch. Then we were seated and sat and sat no server came but the busboy was all over serving us he brought us water and took our drink order. When the waiter finally decided to attend to us he very rudely informed us that we gave our order to the busboy and then he took our lunch orders and we never saw him again. We had to ask the busboy to get our check and refills on the water. For the exhorbitant prices they charge this was a terrible choice for lunchSpecial Features:
- Great steaks!DanaVIPDined on 1/21/2014This is a steak house- other entrees did not measure up. But it was the best steak I have ever had! Nice wine list, a little pricey, but intimate and quiet, which is hard to find in Key West. Nice ocean view from many tables.Special Features:
- Just okTJPWDined on 1/5/2014Restaurant was almost empty but the waiter still forgot to put in our appetizer and my daughter's steak came out very rare versus medium. When we sent it back it still was medium rare at best. We expected more from this restaurant given the lack of other patrons that night and the prices.Special Features:
- At the top of fav restaurants.KCJacDined on 12/31/2013Amazing! There were 4 in our party and everyone said it was one of their favorite meals of all time. You could cut your filet mignon with a fork and the grouper was amazing. The twice-baked side was so delicious we ordered a second! My daughter said the wedge salad's stilton vinaigrette was incredible. Kelly was our server and he was the best! The perfect amount of attention & spot on advice for food and wine recs. Will definitely return when we visit Key West again! And next time we will try and save room for dessert! One footnote, there are semi-nude pics of women from the 1920's (?) on the walls if thinking of bringing children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!KMMMDined on 12/31/2013LOVED it here. Great meal, great service and very cool décor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef can't cookOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/28/2013On a Saturday night dinner out with the vacationing family - nice but in-experienced waiter brought the fried callamari appetizer that we were told they are known for, limp and soaking in oil. Sent that back Daughters steak was sent back twice as it was rare - they couldn't produce a medium-well piece of meat Truley a waste of time and money
- Food was pretty good but...TouristDined on 12/24/2013Found this restaurant had reservations available for Xmas eve. During the first few days of our vacation we asked a few local bartenders in Key West what they thought and they all said it was good, so we figured we'd be happy. So for starters I had the blue cheese wedge, it was pretty good, my wife had the lobster bisque and she liked it allot. For entrees I had the bone in rib eye it was just not very flavorful. My wife had the 8oz filet mignon and said the same thing. Maybe we're spoiled being from NY, but I could not recommend this restaurant for steak and we would try something else next time (maybe Prime) We sat inside and the ambience was nice (maybe a bit dark but we didn't mind), décor was nice and overall it was fairly quiet.Special Features:
- Strip houseShannonDined on 11/28/2013We went on Thankdgiving and it appeared they were short staffed. The staff working were very busy and tried hard to be available. We wanted to eat inside there were many tables we were given the run around but were eventually seated inside. I would not go again on a holidaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night!JenniDined on 11/21/2013Had our first night out in key west here. Dinner was delicious, and our server, Luther, was awesome. He was attentive and sweet and made sure our evening was enjoyable. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialx2KWx35Dined on 11/8/2013Our dining experience started off with a friendly hostess greeting & seating us at a special table. Our waiter came right over, took our cocktail order, & we chose the tuna tartar as our appetizer. It was excellent, very different We both ordered the filet mignon. Excellent, relaxing, we were really enjoying our anniversary! We shared different sides, everything was so good! The red wine was excellent. The manager stopped by to say hello, & offered us a desert.So nice, we split the chocolate cake!! OH MY!! It was outrageous!!! We could not finish it!!! We will definitely be back, & before our next Anniversary! We do a lot of fine dining here in Key West, & would recommend The Strip House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular food Spectacular viewrhw500VIPDined on 10/30/2013Every year my wife and I travel down to Key West for some R and R. Throughout the years we have developed a very refined list of restaurants, The Strip House is at the top of that list. The finest steak, the finest service all with an ocean view under the stars. It does not get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2013It was our first time at Strip after coming to KW for years The outdoor deck is amazing. The inside dining room was nice as well with good views too. We were hopeful for a great dining experience since Strip is part of the Waldorf Astoria. We were not disappointed My partner and I had sat enjoying the view as we sipped our wine. The steaks are incredible. We also had a crab stuffed lobster tail that was exquisite. We saved room for dessert because the server told us how good they are. He didn't disappoint. The key lime pie is silky smooth and tart. My partner had the caramelized banana tart. Both were delicious. We left after 2 hours of having a wonderful meal while enjoying looking out at the Atlantic. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 50thJeffBillDined on 8/6/2013Took my partner to Strip House for dinner on his 50th birthday. From the start he was greeted with a warm happy wish. The staff was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Are meal was served in a timely manner. The food was excellent, and not over priced for the quality. I would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealDJnMaryDined on 7/10/2013Steaks were cooked perfectly and the service was outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time dining hereALM419Dined on 6/16/2013We went here to celebrate our wedding anniversary in April... & loved it. So we decided to go again for Father's Day. It was amazing again. The atmosphere is breath-taking & you have to sit on the patio facing the Atlantic Ocean. Food is amazing & the wait staff are also amazing as well. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it has gotten so much betterwarrenDined on 5/5/2013We live 3 blocks from this steak house. When it opened we went 10 or 11 times and the service was very bad the help did not care and the food was good but not great. Move ahead a couple years later. We have dined here 4 times in the last month and we were amazed how wonderful it is now. The food is excellent the staff is very caring and helpful. The drinks are great and priced very well and the view is the best on the island. When this was Shula's we ate there 4 times a week and I believe you have reached and exceeded Shula's. We are telling all of our friends about the change. Congrads to the manger and the staff for coming up to the plate and making this one of the best in Key West ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and seafood inRonKVIPDined on 4/22/2013Great steaks and seafood in a friendly environment with a great view of the Atlantic ocean. Located on the property of The Reach Hotel. You'll enjoy this experience.Special Features:
- Strip House ImpressesKWfoodieVIPDined on 4/3/2013Our dinner at Strip House was knock down AWESOME! Our server, Jesse, was very attentive, made great suggestions and made the overall dining experience memorable for our group of 5. The food was insanely good - my husband who is a true foodie - thought it was the best steak he has had in years. The chef at Strip House can prepare a steak Black and Blue (or Pittsburgh style) like no other. Other dishes that were exquisite include the scallops, tuna tartar, wedge salad and oysters. All of the sides dishes and sauces were also perfection. If you are in Key West and want the best steak house experience on the Island, visit the Strip House. Take it from us Key West locals, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Help was loud and inattentiveDancerDined on 3/30/2013We were disappointed in our visit to this restaurant. It did not live up to the high cost. The wait staff, busboys and waiters we're standing around talking loudly with in sight. There were only 2 families in the dining room at they could not even keep our water filled. The decor looks like a bordella with red wallpaper walls and numerous pictures of naked women. Fillet was overcooked and the waiter did not check back with us to check on our food or if we needed something. Don't waste your money on this restaurant.Special Features: