Strip House in Livingston
550 West Mount Pleasant Ave at Westminster Hotel
Livingston, NJ 07039Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Strip House in Livingston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.striphousenewjersey.com/
- Phone: 9735480050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bill Zucosky
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-premise catering available.
- Entertainment: Strip House offers a $49 Prixe Fixe Dinner from 5:30PM to 7:30PM
Choice of Appetizer:
Strip House New England Clam Chowder, Classic Caesar Salad or Roast Gold Beets and Grilled Asparagus
Choice of Entree:
Petite Filet Mignon with Sautéed Broccoli with Garlic
Lobster Linguine with Lemon-Cream & Lobster Bordelaise
Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon with Braised Escarole, Stewed Lentils and Sun-dried Tomato Caper Vinaigrette
Profiteroles with Chocolate, Vanilla and Coffee Ice Creams,
Warm Chocolate Cobbler and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Special Events: Wine and Beef Dinner
Warm up the Winter with a Wine Dinner at Strip House at the Westminster Hotel with a five-course paired menu. This top-rated steakhouse is featuring the wines of Chimney Rock……The distinctive character of Chimney Rock's wines springs from a simple yet extraordinary foundation: The Stag's Leap District, Napa Valley's smallest and, arguably, most acclaimed sub-appellation. As a result, the wines are impeccably balanced, with full ripe fruit and silky tannins and most complementary to Chef Bill Zucosky’s Strip House menu. Wine Aficionado, Anne Hay, will be on hand to guide you through the flavor profiles.
$115 per person Inclusive 7PM
(Limited to 20 Guests)
For Reservations: 973-548-0050
A word from Strip House in Livingston
Strip House's innovative menu includes prime cuts of meat charred to perfection, signature side dishes such as truffle creamed spinach, goose fat potatoes, and the famed 24 Layer Chocolate Cake. A well balanced and expansive wine list is available. The striking red interior decorated with black and white images was designed by David Rockwell. Strip House has been named One Of The Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America by Maxim Magazine one of America’s Greatest Steakhouses by GQ Magazine, Awarded 2 Stars by the Newark Star Ledger and 3 Stars by Crain's New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strip House in Livingston reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)romantic (9)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not bad, not great eitherjdnjDined on 10/11/2014Food was good but not great - at the price point for the restaurant everything should be great. There are much better alternatives for the money.
- Good Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014The steaks were very good, the wait staff friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2014The decor was cool, the food was was good not great and the service was lacking. They are trying to be high end with the service but fell short. Everyone was nice and accommodating when you could find them.
- Avoid at ALL cost.jonweiswVIPDined on 10/8/2014Absolutely awful. Given the paucity of good steakhouses in N NJ, we have relied on Strip House often, despite marginal service and food. After last night however, we will not return. Portions are invariably meager and exorbitant, and the quality mediocre. The $50 steak was both cold and overcooked. Vegetable portions insulting. The manager finally attuned himself to the fact that we were unhappy, but rather than try to acknowledge the disparity between quality/quantity and price, he proceeded to challenge us and was over-the-top obnoxious and out of line. Incensed, I lost my appetite for the sizable remainder of what was left, and asked for the check so we could leave. Never, ever, again....and they just lost a regular, good customer.
- Don't slice my steak for me!ilovecookbooksDined on 10/7/2014The steaks are a very good product. Not sure why they need to slice the porterhouse for 2 - it got cold before u could touch it! The Stilton NY Strip was great but it too was sliced. The chocolate cake is worth sharing and the best value desert I have seen. At least 4 can share! Service could be better - a refill on the wine is crucial at a steak place and you should not have to ask twice or 3 times.Special Features:
- Fine dining in a hotelWanderingFoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2014The NY Strip is not to be missed if you are serious about steak!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blah!ApplecayDined on 9/18/2014The food was mediocre and overpriced. The only thing going fore this place is the ambiance.Special Features:
- Great - As usualjipsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Attentive service, great food and a wonderful ambiance. Great for personal or business dining.Special Features:
- Expected A Lot; DisappointedDDS3657Dined on 8/23/2014After reading many of the reviews and awards given, I expected great things from this restaurant. I was surprised to find only a few tables active during my visit, despite it being a Saturday night at 8:00pm. Food was much less than stellar; only average at best. Service was pleasant but "relaxed", as it seemed to be only the one waiter to take care of all the orders (the waiter took the orders; others brought the food to the table). The waiter seemed to be a little "too" knowledgable regarding the wine list, but it appeared as if he just memorized some key words for each bottle and had a difficult time taking the conversation further.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable nighttristeandlawrenceVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is our go to place for special occasions - service is exceptional without being intrusive. Only disappointment of the evening was the Gorgonzola fondue which was good but texture was a little off - pasty - salads, seafood, steaks and sides were all up to standard. The place is pricey but we leave each time feeling that the overall package is well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fell shortnorieggnogDined on 8/22/2014Strip house in Livingston was nothing like the NY version. Although the staff was friendly and the atmosphere was nice, the steak fell below expectations. The temperature was off - both my wife and I asked for medium rare and it came medium well. The Strip sauce tasted like BBQ sauce and the Bordelaise was not much better than A1. The ribeye looked small for the price and purported 22 ounces in size, and the creamed spinach and mash potatoes, total of 20 bucks, was about the same as Boston Market, but half the size. I will not return.Special Features:
- Strip house was excellentChe22Dined on 8/9/2014The strip house was very good. We started out with the sea scallop, crab cake, and the fondue for an appetizer. All the appetizers were delicious. We than had the strip steak bone in and a rib eye bone in. The steaks were very good and also cook to perfection. For dessert we had the chocolate cake which was excellent. My only problem with the restaurant is not having seafood available with your steak. A person like me like to have lobster tail or crab cake with my steak. At the strip house you just get steak and sides. But that my personal issues. Besides that the place was excellent. Also the sides were asparagus, cream corn, and sweet potatoes. Which were excellent as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreMandyDined on 7/12/2014I would expect better food for the price they charge. My steak came out cold and the fries were not good
- "You don't win friends with salad"shoulanchuDined on 6/28/2014We showed up very late on a Saturday for dinner - the kitchen was almost closed. I was certain the staff would be annoyed with us, but they were attentive and helpful throughout the meal. We were a little "boisterous" from an evening of beer tasting at Brew At The Zoo, but they were patient and fantastic with us despite the fact that we were punchy. The truffle creamed spinach was the hit of the night, as was the tomahawk rib eye - large and perfectly cooked. Decent wine and beer list, perfect for all budgets and moods. Definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a quintessential steakhouse experience out here in NJ.Special Features:
- The following 330 reviews are from the Strip House in Livingston reviews archive.
- Excellent!milan1980Dined on 6/15/2014The food was delicious and the waiter was outstanding. The foie gras left a little to be desired so try one portion before order more. The ambiance is somewhat of a cabaret or speakeasy. A nice change of scenery. I didnt care for their "macaron" which was assembled incorrectly so ended up being more of a kids meal sundae. Aside from that the steak was good as was the goose fat potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DiningTable4VIPDined on 6/9/2014Service was very good but the waiter was difficult to understand. The Blackened Swordfish was dry and no flavor. Guest expected a sauce. Salmon and tenderloin was very good as were the sides. For the price point, expect more in flavors and quality.
- steaks toughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014for 49.00 for a bone in sirloin I shouldnt have had to saw my meat..they gave me a sharper knife my sisters was tough as well... beet salad fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING PLACEBoogienights19Dined on 5/15/2014My 1st time here and it was amazing from the food to the service...the waitor was excellent and the manager....I cant wait to come back on my anniversary! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid SteakhouseSJPinNYCDined on 5/11/2014This was our 5th or 6th time at the Strip House, and it was solid as usual. My preference in the area continues to be Roots in Summit, but Strip House was dependable as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C- for service A+cake & spinachCriespirituDined on 4/25/2014We had high expectations coming here but it was ok. Our steaks came out first but it took a long while for the side dishes and sauces to come out. Not sure why - that was odd. So our chateubriand was getting cold. Our waiter was a C-. I asked for bernaise and was told there was none but then saw another table being given bernaise. That was another odd thing. Creamed spinach was very delicious. 24 layer chocolate cake though was awesome! Those 2 saved the meal.
- Poor customer service...FoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2014We were 2 adults and 2 children. They don't have a children's menu, so we got the large fillet mignon and 2 sides (yes, fries were one of them) for the boys to share. The 2 adults had our entrees each. We were charged "plate sharing" for the children. That too when the bill was $200, and you only had 2 other tables filled. Really - you'd rather get $7, than get our repeat business. We are never going back again. Any restaurant as cheap as that, doesn't deserve another visit.
- Won't go backKK1620Dined on 4/19/2014Steak had way too much pepper on it. Also was dry. No flavor except for the pepper.
- Excellent Againn2dsouthVIPDined on 4/13/2014Our experience was fabulous. We have dined here several times while staying in New Jersey and it has become our favorite place when we want a romantic dinner out. The service, wine list and the food are always top notch. We will continue to have a meal at the Strip House when we visit the Livingston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but not hotSusanDined on 4/12/2014Food was good but not hot enough and service was slow .Special Features:
- good business lunchacpdVIPDined on 4/9/2014Have been to this restaurant several times for dinner, most recently for a business lunch. Menu has enough options to satisfy an eclectic group, nice selection of wines by the glass. Prompt, professional service, good quality food typical of a higher end steakhouse. Much nicer than Ruth Cris'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Oustanding traditional American food -- steaks, salads, seafood, etc. Excellent service. Dinner is expensive but worth it. Lunch is moderately priced and is a great deal considering the high quality of the food & service.Special Features:
- Solid food & service, but priceyQshapeDined on 3/22/2014Dined here w/ a group of NYC foodies. Everything we ordered was very well-done & flavorful - loved the Oysters Rockefeller, Creamed Spinach & Beet Salad especially. The desserts were the only let-down (not up to the standard of the food, especially the warm brownie). The service was very good. Love the bar area - very old school cool. The only missteps ambiance-wise were the music (felt like a 90's club play list), the tiled floor in the dining room (banquet hall tacky), & the lay out of some of the outer tables (pushed up against the drafty windows & not cozy or private). We found the menu pricey - typical for a quality steak house I know- but it seems bc there a so few great restaurants in this area the good ones have elevated prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a minor issue with myRibmanDined on 3/22/2014I had a minor issue with my steak which was professionally and quickly taken care of.
- AMAZING STEAK!!NJoyFudDined on 3/22/2014I am a meat lover and this is definitely a great spot for steak!! Quiet enough to be a romantic spot but enough people at the bar to make it lively. Bar tenders and waitress were very nice and attentive. Will definitely be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- priceyKAREDined on 3/14/2014the food was delicious & the service was great but the prices of the food & drinks was very high, more like a New York restaurant than in the suburbs in New Jersey.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceBobADined on 3/8/2014From the moment we walked in the door the service went down hill rapidly. The hostess, I should say one of the two, was very rude, the bartenders was even worse. Her rudeness and overall miserable personality, was something that had to be experienced to believed. As for the waiter he made it seem as though he was to busy to spend any time at the table. Not once during dinner did he come back to the table and see if everything was ok or if we needed anything else. I made it a point to note that this was for my sons birthday when the reservation was made and my wife also made mention of it to the rude hostess who promptly dismissed her, as did the waiter who never acknowledged the birthday. There is more but the review is limited, don't go!
- excellent but very expensivefreddymannDined on 3/1/2014Everything was great about this place, but you have to pay for it. As long as you know what to expect, it's a great night of superb dining. Check out the menu on their website which includes prices. Everything is a la carte, so it really adds up. Great for a special occasion, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJCH104Dined on 2/22/2014Dined with some friends who were in from out of town. We were seated promptly. The service and food were excellent. My steak was done as requested and was delicious. The atmosphere is classy without being overdone. We have been here several times and I always leave impressed and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourGinaAdeDined on 2/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The rib steak with bone in was tasty. The dessert, brownie with hot fudge and ice cream, superb.Special Features:
- Great package deal! A+ food!yumyumyumDined on 2/14/2014We purchased the Valentine's Day package through the Westminster. The package came with a 100 dollar gift certificate to Strip House. We had filet mignon, scallops, a salad and two appetizers for $102.00. Deeeeelish! Comparable to Roots and Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service & Dry steaks!TMD06Dined on 2/14/2014The bar itself was crowded with people eating dinner! The bar area only had a small couch section for those not sitting at the bar - they need additional space for people to congregate. Waiter was horrible- always seemed to be looking away when talking to you, never made eye contact, would start walking away before we completed order. Worst service I have ever experienced. The food presentation was non-existent - A very dry/cold steak on a white plate and clove of roasted garlic. We tried Strip House twice and both times not worth the money. It is back to Ruth's Chris!
- Worst Valentine's Meal EverFoodieFunDined on 2/14/2014So just for full disclosure, this is my first time EVER reviewing a restaurant on Open Table. That being said, this steak house was the worst meal my husband and I have ever had at a high end restaurant. We went there for lunch and were the only couple there. Our steaks were just ok really. My husband ordered the Potatoes Romanoff, which is similar to an au gratin dish. Well it had a big black hair right on the top of it! You can imagine how upset we were at this. They made us another one (hair-free luckily), but the damage was done. Plus they still charged us for it! We could hear the waiter and the chef yelling at each other in the kitchen about the whole thing. Just a terrible experience and extremely unprofessional. Beware..Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceElkeDined on 2/11/2014I picked this restaurant to celebrate my anniversary with my guy and we had a great time. I was especially impressed with the beautiful presentation of the tomato and red onion appetizer. The porterhouse was cooked perfectly, and the asparagus and mushrooms were well seasoned. Brian, our waiter, was personable and pleasant. He was patient and helpful when answering my questions about menu items being gluten-free. The dramatic red decor makes for a romantic atmosphere. I can't wait for my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in NJ but Spotty ServiceFoodWineChickieVIPDined on 2/8/2014I still think Chef Bill and his staff put forth the best steaks in the state but on this visit, the service was pretty bad all around. From the bartender telling the host that "he shouldn't put up with it and should just quit" while three feet away from our party trying to enjoy a drink to the brand new (please tell me she was brand new) waitress who poured so much wine in the first two of six glasses that the last two folks didn't get wine, to the shabby, uncertain ways dishes were presented, it wasn't what I'd experienced in the past. Food - amazing. Experience - not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not my best experience hereGraciesMomDined on 2/1/2014The appetizers were limited. My husband was upset that they did not offer beef carpaccio as an appetizer. The scallops were good. They refused to cook my filet mignon to medium and I'm pregnant, so most of it went to my husband. DO NOT ORDER the banana tart for dessert. I think they really need to think about hiring a pastry chef with the prices they charge. It was a cookie with overripe bananas that they attrempted to carmelize and it didn't work out. It was also cold and they put a scoop of ice cream on top- that was the only good thing about it. For the price we paid, I was really disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.