Strip House in Houston
1200 McKinney St
Houston, TX 77001Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Strip House in Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.striphousehouston.com/
- Phone: 7136596000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Ruben Ocampo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Strip House has three private dining rooms that reflect the ambiance of the main dining room. Two can accommodate groups up to 50 each the third can accommodate up to 100 people. The rooms are equipped with plasma screens, pc connections and wireless internet access.
- Private Party Contact: Annette Kelly 7136596000
- Special Events: Join Us For Houston Restaurant Week
Benifiting Houston Food Bank
August 1-31, 2012
Lunch $20 pp.
Restaurant will donate $3 to the Houston Food Bank for each lunch sold.
Dinner $35 pp.
Restaurant will donate $5 to the Houston Food Bank for each dinner sold.
A word from Strip House in Houston
Strip House is located in downtown Houston within walking distance to the Convention Center, Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park. Strip House's innovative menu includes prime cuts of meat charred to perfection, signature side dishes such as truffle creamed spinach, goose fat potatoes, and the famed 24 Layer Chocolate Cake. A well balanced and expansive wine list is available. The striking red interior decorated with black and white seductive images of women in various forms was designed by David Rockwell. Strip House has been named as "Best Steak in the Best of City Search Houston 2010, named One Of The Top Ten Best Steakhouses in America by Maxim Magazine and one of America’s Greatest Steakhouses by GQ Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Strip House in Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
- The service was incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2012The service was incredibly slow! We waited 40 minutes for our lunch to be served.
- Lunch meeting in a privateMartyDined on 7/23/2012Lunch meeting in a private room. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Expressly DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2012Express lunch was just that - Express. The server staff rushed us through as quickly as possible, apparently looking to flip tables as quickly as possible. The food was better then average, but not much better than decent. Great atmosphere for a business lunch.Special Features:
- food was good but serviceMissieVIPDined on 7/16/2012food was good but service was very slow and it was not crowded at all. Not a happening steak house anymore.
- The food is delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2012The food is delicious. The atmosphere is very romantic. Great place to take a loved one for a special occassion!Special Features:
- It was fabulous! The ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012It was fabulous! The ambiance was relaxing with a dash of fun.Special Features:
- The food is good but not great.JennDined on 6/9/2012The food is good but not great. It doesn't stand up to other restaurants at this same price point. There are better steakhouses in downtown Houston.
- I went for my first date andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2012I went for my first date and loved it. The atmosphere was spectacular the service was great and the food awesome. Will be going back to enjoy the dining experience again. Thank you BrianSpecial Features:
- Gotta Strip, House that is.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012I have been twice and will return again! Everything about this restaurant is perfect!Special Features:
- Have dined here for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012Have dined here for lunch several times. The food and service are always great. Decor (small pics of nude women) may put off some female patrons. Not a place for kids.Special Features:
- The seafood plateau was delishOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2012The seafood plateau was delish as was the beet salad. The steaks are always amazing especially with the roasted garlic. My husband and I love this place. It's not the best restaurant I have ever been to which is why I didn't rate everything with 5 stars but very good indeed.Special Features:
- Everything was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2012Everything was great. The only notable negative was it was chilly in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, nice quiet FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Good food, nice quiet Friday night. All the works gone and night crown was light.Special Features:
- Stripped ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2012Good food, mediocre value. Just not as good as I had hoped for, or expected... Disappointed even more after getting the bill. Service was great all around.Special Features:
- The a/c could have been turnedssiegelDined on 5/12/2012The a/c could have been turned up slightly, it was a little warm in the man room.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2012Our food was good but the service was the worst we've ever had. We've always had excellent service here but that night's server left us wondering if we'll go back.Special Features:
- We went to the Strip HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2012We went to the Strip House for Administrative Professional Day and the best items were the chicken fried steak and the cheese cake.Special Features:
- Steak was over cooked, dryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012Steak was over cooked, dry and very peppery they did correct it for me but their steaks are season with lots of pepper.Special Features:
- Just don't get the nudity.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Just don't get the nudity. Nice place great food but who can risk taking clients there?
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2012This was a great place to reconnect with friends I had not seen in a year. The wait staff was very helpful and attentive. I will be back!Special Features:
- Not as good as we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012We ate late on a Friday night and there was almost no one else there. Though the setting was nice, it felt dead due to the lack of people. The food was nice, but nothing special.
- Think twice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012Horrible ambiance, bad food, and terrible service. Way over priced for what you get from a supposedly 4 star restaurant. Service was slow and the restaurant was dead for a Friday night at 8pm. Slow as in only 4 other tables with couples at them. Would not recommend for anyone in the Houston area and defiantly find another place if you are visiting from out of town.
- Place was pretty much emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2012Place was pretty much empty since it was Good Friday (Lent)Special Features:
- Outback Steakhouse is WAY better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2012I was there on a business lunch and ordered the Express lunch for $24. This was supposed to include a salad, entree and dessert. I got all that was promised but not the quality i would expect with a $24 price tag. The salad consisted of mixed greens on a small dish, nothing else (no tomatoes, croutons, nuts, fruits, NOTHING), the entree was a plan chicken breast on a dish with ALOT of black pepper on it. No presentation, literally just a chicken breast thrown on a dish. The dessert was a chocolate something with ice cream. The ice cream portion was smaller than a packet of sugar, literally! I would expect alot more for $24. Outback steakhouse which is not on the level of Striphouse is way more enjoyable. Oh! and the service? 1 star.
- Food and service were good.TxStarDined on 3/21/2012Food and service were good. Burlesque theme is a neat ambiance. Tuna was cooked perfectly but could have been more flavorful. Creamed corn was the best I have ever had.
- Houstons Best Dining ExperienceAuburn80Dined on 3/21/2012Consistently one of the best restaurant experiences in Houston. Great for clients, friends or a special occasion. The Strip House will not disappoint.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2012This restaurant was absolutely amazing! The food was beyond this world! My steak honestly melted in my mouth! This restaurant is a must try!!! I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Adam was a fantastic server.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2012Adam was a fantastic server. We were very pleased with everything.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good...theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2012The food was pretty good...the 14-layer chocolate cake was GREAT!Special Features:
- delicious and wonderful atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2012delicious and wonderful atmosphere. a little priceySpecial Features:
- Great Place for Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2012I would recommend for a business lunch. The Fillet was succulent. The sides were great. Wonderful Atmosphere and excellent service.Special Features:
- Decor is not enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/6/2012Knowing that the decor had nude ladies did not deter me, but was not necessarily a plus. I tried it because I wanted to try the food. Mostly men (maybe 75% male groups with a smattering of couples). The food was adequate but not very good. The lobster bisque had a very tough wanton thing in it and not much lobster.The onion rings were very skinny and tasty, but the Goose-fat fried potoato mound, a house speciality, was almost inedible. The creme brule was thin to the point of watery. Our main course of beef medalions with crab and sauce was tasty and appropriately sized. If someone wanted to take me, I would not say no, but would not plan it again. I think some would go for the decor, but not me.
- The environment was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012The environment was great for either a group or a special date night. The menu is nice because it is not overwhelming with so many choices yet there is balanced variety. We start with an off the menu item - yummy rockefellar oysters. The rest of the meal continued to be just as enjoyable and tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent food. AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012Excellent food. Attentive (but not overbearing) service. Decor is tongue-in-cheek burlesque, which can be a little odd if that is not something you like. Prices are pretty much what you would expect from a steakhouse, i.e., expensive and a la carte. That's right, you just paid $10 for an iceberg salad. That's steakhouse pricing. However, the wine prices are excessive, even for a steakhouse. I noticed a number of wines that were marked up nearly 5X retail--far too much in any context. One notable example was the 2008 Catena Malbec. One can find a bottle around $18-20, retail. Strip House listed it at $101. That is the sort of thing that will keep me away from a restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding NY Strip Steak.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Outstanding NY Strip Steak. Aspargus and corn sides also excellent.Special Features:
- Chateaubriand was phenomenal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2012Chateaubriand was phenomenal. One of my favorites in Houston.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2012Food was excellent and so was the service -- but I had to get up and track someone down to have water glasses refilled after we completed our dessert. We must have sat at the table for 20-30 minutes and no one stopped by to refill glasses.Special Features:
- The Strip House had been recommendeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The Strip House had been recommended by friends. It was very pleasant. The service was most notable. We enjoyed our meal selections. Everything was well prepared and hot. Timeing was excellent and we did not feel rushed. I would definately recommend it.
- This is my wife's favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/25/2012This is my wife's favorite for Anniversary, etc. The ambiance is fantastic and service was impeccable. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- I have enjoyed the Strip HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2012I have enjoyed the Strip House every time I've been. The food is consistantly great, the service is great and the atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features: