1 Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stregawaterfront.com/
- Phone: 6173453992x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm-11:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Firicano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire about our catering opportunities at email@example.com or call (617) 345-3992
- Special Events: Contact Fruittie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 737-0290.
- Cross Street: Northern Ave (GPS use 56 Northern Ave)
- Public Transit: MBTA Silver Line 1 or 2 to the Waterfront (free transfer from Red Line) and take to Courthouse station.
MBTA bus route 4
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is $10
Public Parking also available in the underground parking garage and other surrounding lots
A word from Strega Waterfront
Strega Waterfront at Fan Pier is now open, making this the second Strega in the Boston area, with the original being on Hanover Street in the North End. This new location features two fireplaces as well as three separate private dining rooms, a lounge, and a wine room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Strega Waterfront - Best Restaurants in South Boston ›
Strega Waterfront reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)notable wine list (135)fit for foodies (116)hot spot (102)romantic (98)scenic view (94)vibrant bar scene (87)great for outdoor dining (83)good for groups (73)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (38)late-night find (16)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Mixed bagWinthroptravelerDined on 9/28/2014Food is excellent, good portion size, great choice, wonderful flavors! Service was great, very attentive. Why I rate it down is for the TV's everywhere that makes it more like a very expensive sports bar. There is one room with a wall of wine bottles that is free from this, however everywhere else has this distraction. Contradicts the fine dining feel to the rest of the restaurant. Would not recommend for romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Just fabulousfoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014Had eaten here when Strega first opened. A few good meals, but noisy. We enjoy conversation; not the noise. One night the service was extremely slow and extremely noisy. We hadn't been back in a year and decided to give it another try. We asked for a quiet spot if possible. We were seated in the private party area open that night to diners. We had an amazing meal, fabulous service, the sound from that room was fine. This was a Saturday night - full. Great service, an incredible wine list, even for us admitted "wine snobs". The menu is very interesting. We eat out an average of 3 nights a week and live in the general neighborhood. I'm thrilled to put it back on our list. We look forward to our next meal at Strega.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% PerfectBBJustMeDined on 9/28/2014This was a wonderful place to celebrate our anniversary - the waiter picked a great wine for us, food was amazing and the warm September Sunday allowed us to sit outside and enjoy the view. I have enjoyed Strega in the North End and was looking foward to trying this location...I'm glad I did. I can't wait to go back and eat inside. Thank you all for making our dinner perfect. From the bread all the way to the cheesecake dessert everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the TopTC269Dined on 9/27/2014I guess it's the new hotspot in Boston. Celebrities & sports figures abound. Food and service were good. VERY NOISY..... A few drunks at the bar.... Been there.. Done that..... Onto the next spot......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Went to Straga Waterfront after the Red Sox/Yankee game on Saturday. We sat outside since the weather was so nice (high 70's). Food was great, appetizers are awsome and the sea bass was not only outstanding but the portion was great! Everyone from my 16 year old daughter to the other Dad's in the group loved the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The restaurant has amazing service and food, but if you are looking for a romantic or special occasion, don't sit in the main dining room. There were 6 TVs, with 4 of them playing movies. Not the type of setting I really wanted for an anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Waterfront and great foodBTBOSVIPDined on 9/24/2014Always a happening spot in Boston waterfront area, the food was very good and the service was outstanding. I can't wait to go back for Rosetta's meatballs ... some of the best I have had.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantLuv2dineoutDined on 9/22/2014Third time dining here and again fantastic food service & atmosphere We requested a table in a corner or against the window or wall and again are request was granted Everytime we have made a reservation our table was always ready even if we were very early The staff is always first classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service! Service! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing and the service was beyond excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MyBelleDined on 9/20/2014It was my first time, went with my boyfriend to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. Loved every minute of it, the food was excellent, the service was incredible & I absolutely love the decor (we were sat right under the Al Pacino/in front of the Sophia Loren paintings- two of my personal faves). Can't wait to go back, it was a bit pricey but worth every penny. Our server gave us a complimentary dessert at the end which made the whole night perfect, it was so sweet of him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in Boston SeaportfoodcriticVIPDined on 9/20/2014We arrived early and waited at the bar. Not enough space in bar area to wait, but everyone very nice. We were taken to our table which was next to transit area; our request for window/booth not acknowledged. Not enough room between neighboring tables. Servers could hardly serve. Good thing clients in nearby tables were all very nice. Our server Claudio was very helpful. We both had raviolis which were very tasteful. My husband had stuffed pork chops which he loved. I had sea bass which was very good.Special Features:
- Creme de la creme......laurie20Dined on 9/20/2014fabulous food....and a very impressive wine list!!!!Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014After reading some reviews, my boyfriend and I were kind of nervous about this place, but we had to give it a try. Luckily, we did because we had a great experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and was great at providing suggestions. We had one of the specials for an appetizer, it was calamari with shrimp and scallops in a balsamic reduction- I could've eaten a whole dish to myself. The stuffed veal chop was cook perfectly as well. My only complaint was the temperature. It was a bit chilly where we were sitting, but when I asked to have the air turned down a little, the waiter went right over to adjust. Overall, it was a great night out. Would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodRickDined on 9/19/2014Wife and I had an excellent dinner on a Friday night. Good location, good food, excellent service, and very good wine from a very good wine list. Park away from district and walk down along the harbor. Makes for an enjoyable night.Special Features:
- Great ambience. Decent food.ProfessorDined on 9/19/2014I had lunch here with a colleague who was in town.The restaurant is very close to the ICA. The location is excellent. The place is well-appointed, formal, and quiet. The prices at lunch were quite reasonable for this sort of ambience, and they tolerated our staying for a long time--the restaurant was not crowded. The food was fine--nothing to exclaim about but very decent and tasty. They accommodated our special requests--I am eating vegan and, after a false start, they were able to supply gnocchi without cheese. The Strega salad was very good, but the arugula could have been a bit fresher. The choice was excellent for this purpose and I would also recommend it for a group, but not for people looking for an outstanding food experience.Special Features:
- Strega waterfront – expected more.BostonlocalDined on 9/16/2014I expected more. The table was wobbly and they couldn't fix it. The food was not up to par for the price. It's a great location but not up to expectations. The service was decentSpecial Features:
- Memorable 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Waiter Claudio was fantastic! From his suggestions on wine, starters, entrees -the meal was fabulous from start to finish. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Young crowd. Loud.GrahamDined on 9/12/2014Okay food but we liked Bricco and Sorellina in the No End a lot better. We are a 65+ yr old group and too old for Strega Waterfront!Special Features:
- Excellant but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The food was wonderful, the wait staff excellent and although it is all good energy, it got so loud it was hard to hear my dinner companions as the restaurant reached capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsLuv2eatDined on 9/7/2014Food was excellent, the service was fantastic. the staff was extremely knowledgeable about the wines.Special Features:
- OutstandingRo113Dined on 9/7/2014We were a party of 8 celebrating 2 special birthdays. We started out with drinks in the lounge with some small plates. The waitress was wonderful. She was attentive without being in your face and very accommodating. When our table was ready we were seated and from drinks to appetizers to the main meal everything was perfect. There were no complaints from anyone in the party. A cake was ordered ahead of time (by Strega) and was brought out without having to ask. This is a keeper for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional ExperienceAmareilmareDined on 9/7/2014It was a thoroughly wonderful experience, beginning from the restaurant's call Sunday morning to reconfirm my reservation to having a celebratory drink at the bar to a delicious dinner served and entertained by our exceptional server Claudio. My date and I couldn't have asked for or expected a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim and JohnJohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is, by far, our favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JIMMYGGobblerDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter and bus boy were very attentive and personable. Excellent recommendations from menu Charming with ambiance. We were celebrating our 30th weddings anniversary and was surprised with a tiramasu desert complimentary from our waiter. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/5/2014Above average food and excellent service, overall a great night!Special Features:
- gmwatchDined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent. Service was impeccable. However, a line of TVs on the dining room wall are negatively distracting and deter from the ambience.Special Features:
- Strega WaterfrontharriettmarieDined on 9/5/2014We had a great experience. Our waiter, Anthony, was very attentive and the food was incredibly delicious. We will definitely be back for another special occasion in the future.Special Features:
- more refined plate presentationcheeseluverVIPDined on 9/5/2014Wanted to love it……but the presentation was mediocre and didn't seem worth the higher prices. My plate with the sides appeared cafeteria-style for this higher end restaurant, a plop of potatoes and two lukewarm beets. May be back for the great waterfront ambiance. . .but thus far not for the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMikeDined on 9/4/2014I have been to Strega Waterfront a few times now. The food is always excellent and it is a fun place to go. The bar and restaurant offer 2 different atmospheres. The bar is more noisy and fun. The restaurant can offer a more quiet fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!!GreatDined on 9/4/2014This was an amazing dining experience -very good food, cocktails, wine list and menu. We sat outside - and although pleasant was hoping for a better "waterfront" view. Service, choices and we were given dinner options early which made out out of town guests VERY happy!! Thanks Strega!Special Features:
- Excellent in all respectsCarolVIPDined on 9/2/2014From the friendly greeting, to the efficient, professional, and knowledgeable service from Ryan throughout the entire meal, our evening at Strega Waterfront was excellent. Four of us split 5 appetizers, one main dish, and 3 desserts. The highlights were two appetizers: the Grand Marnier scallops and the special for the evening which was figs in balsamic, very flavorful and attractively presented. The desserts--ricotta cheesecake, key lime pie, and warm chocolate cake, were each a nice size, beautifully presented, and delicious. The interior of the restaurant is very attractive and the view is of Boston Harbor at a little distance. Expensive but worth it, and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Poor Boringrosemary1Dined on 9/1/2014The food was poor and tasteless.presentation poor.The restaurant was boring.Lunch is not great experience
- Outstanding!BaroloDined on 8/31/2014The menu is fairly diverse with pasta dishes that can either be a first course or main entree, as well as seafood, veal and beef dishes. All courses were absolutely perfectly prepared and delicious. The service was very professional and efficient - - you were always well taken care of . . . .but you hardly noticed them (in a good way). The wine list is outstanding - -but frankly probably too long. I will DEFINITELY come back to Strega Waterfront again!Special Features:
- mrsfirechiefDined on 8/31/2014we both had steak and given Straga has a steak house we thought they might be good. However we were both dissapointed. Steaks had no taste and I had surf and turf and was also dissapointed with the lobster tail. stuffing also had no taste.Special Features:
- Luv2dineoutLuv2dineoutDined on 8/29/2014Went on restaurant week. Had to ask for special menu. Portions were VERY small and I do believe it was due to the special menu items. Regular menu items must be more substantial for price. Food was good but I felt as though they had to be brought to restaurant week kicking and screaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late summer lunchBockelDined on 8/29/2014I took 4 work colleges here for lunch and the experience was superb. The service was truly top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Strega in the Seaport is a very happening place. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovesDiningOutDined on 8/28/2014John- our wait person was fantastic- knowledgeable about the menu and with great suggestions. Our party of seven thoroughly enjoyed each courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSpecialnightoutDined on 8/25/2014Pork and appetizers were amazing! Extensive wine list. Definitely recommend the cured meat platter.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyreddDined on 8/24/2014Service was poor and the food was not worth the trip