1 Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stregawaterfront.com/
- Phone: 6173453992x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm-11:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Firicano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire about our catering opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 345-3992
- Special Events: Contact Fruittie at email@example.com or call (617) 737-0290.
- Cross Street: Northern Ave (GPS use 56 Northern Ave)
- Public Transit: MBTA Silver Line 1 or 2 to the Waterfront (free transfer from Red Line) and take to Courthouse station.
MBTA bus route 4
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is $10
Public Parking also available in the underground parking garage and other surrounding lots
A word from Strega Waterfront
Strega Waterfront at Fan Pier is now open, making this the second Strega in the Boston area, with the original being on Hanover Street in the North End. This new location features two fireplaces as well as three separate private dining rooms, a lounge, and a wine room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Strega Waterfront - Best Restaurants in South Boston ›
Strega Waterfront reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)notable wine list (128)hot spot (102)scenic view (95)romantic (92)fit for foodies (91)vibrant bar scene (88)great for outdoor dining (71)good for groups (67)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (18)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014John- our wait person was fantastic- knowledgeable about the menu and with great suggestions. Our party of seven thoroughly enjoyed each courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Pork and appetizers were amazing! Extensive wine list. Definitely recommend the cured meat platter.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyreddDined on 8/24/2014Service was poor and the food was not worth the trip
- great resturantmwojoVIPDined on 8/22/2014had an enjoyable meal even though it was restaurant week bartenders were very accommodating will be back to try regular menu although very expensive waiting for the new Strega to open in Park Plaza which will be wonderful!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding food, service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was very relaxing a glass of wine before dinner and appetizer, outstanding service and elegant surroundings. We will be returning soon. Vibrant, waterfront view.Special Features:
- Elegant Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Strega Waterfront is a chic restaurant with. Italian comfort food. Relative value for that up and coming part of Boston. Right next to the ICA, Strega is a great place for lunch before an afternoon on the waterfront. Great service and lovely ambiance add to the enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing servicesouthieoenophilesDined on 8/21/2014After having a fantastic (5 star) experience here about a year ago, we returned with friends only to be extremely disappointed in the service. Long wait to place drink order, poor spacing between courses, and incorrect orders mean it will be a while before we return given the numerous other great dining options in the Seaport District. For the price, we expect much more stellar service than we received this time at Strega Waterfront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014My husband and I dined here during restaurant week. When the server finally came our table, he never introduced himself, simply started telling us the specials. He never even mentioned the special tasting menu that was being offered. When he came back to take our order, we had to ask for the tasting menu. I find it interesting that instead of showcasing the tasting menu, they hid it, making it feel like you were cheap for ordering from it. From this menu,the meatball and eggplant appetizers were great. For dinner, I had the chicken and my husband had the risotto. Both were okay. You would think that the items on a tasting menu would represent some of the best dishes. If these were the best, I will pass on going again.
- Stress Waterfront... topsRosedognyeDined on 8/21/2014Great spot. Active bar scene, nice ambience. Barely had to wait for our reservation. Service was excellent. Nice mix of seafood and Italian food on menu with nice wine list. Food was very well prepared. Next visit we'll take advantage of outdoor seating area. Great place for a fun evening or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014My friend and I had a delightful lunch. We had a great outdoor table, the food, including the olive bread and olive oil, was very good and the service was efficient and not obtrusive. Unfortunately, they ran out of the tiramisu but the lemon sorbet was excellent and the portion was very generous.Special Features:
- food not-so-greatanntomDined on 8/20/2014Disappointing. Appetizer calamari very tough. Entree clams & pasta: clams too tough to eat, linguini not even yet al dente ; cacciatore chicken dry. Strega salad very good, desserts good.
- What a place !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014It was our one year Anaversary so we chose Strega for dinner since we we're staying right around the corner .. We arrived a little early so we sat at the bar and the bartender came right over and took our order she was very friendly and offered me a taste of the Sangria which was Fantastic after a drink at the bar we took our table and the waiter was right there to take our order . I had the Lamb Chops and my wife had the Surf n turf both were awesome I have to say !!! The waiter brought out a piece of chocolate cake for us to have that was a nice gesture but the cake was so so .. I look forward to going back soon !!! Thanks Strega had a great night !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good but...BrianDDined on 8/19/2014We booked a reservation for our anniversary as we eat here for special occasions. We normally leave feeling as though it is the greatest place to eat. No so much this time. Upon checking in, the maître d' was on the phone for a period of time, making us wait. To me, customers in front of you is more important than ones on the phone. My wife's sea bass (very large piece) was gummy and not cooked through. Waiter took it, and when he came back, more than half the piece was gone- kind of annoying if you ask me. There was a large function going on in a nearby room, and the door was not closed, making the restaurant too noisy for our liking. The food was good, and the waiter was good, it just wasn't it's normal greatness like I expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated a special occasion at Strega Waterfront and would highly recommend it to everyone, the food, service and ambiance was amazing!Special Features:
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 8/17/2014We greatly enjoyed our dinner at Strega Waterfront. It's ideal to have a fine Italian restaurant in a Waterfront spot, now that Anthony's Pier 4 has closed down. The decor inside is like no other, very upscale, modern, and classy. The menu has countless gems on it. Our newest discovery would be the meatballs. True perfection as they were tender and not harshly seasoned. We highly recommend Isaac as one of our favorite servers, you can't go wrong with him !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Service was great. Food was nothing fancy, just okay, especially given the high price.Special Features:
- Strega not for Restaurant WeekEdDogueVIPDined on 8/17/2014We ate at Strega's for Restaurant Week. When we sat down, we had to ask for the special menu - boding ill for what was to come. This is a case of a very good restaurant selling cheap pre-cooked food for restaurant week patrons. Small rollatini (basically a chunk of eggplant parm) and uninspired seafood risotto. Very disappointing. Cross it off your list for restaurant week!
- Attention to allergiesGunnerDined on 8/17/2014We made our server aware of a severe food allergy and we were assured that none of the food we ordered contained the allergin. Unfortunately all ingredients were not checked resulting in a hospital visit. We enjoyed the food, however, the allergic reaction put a damper on our evening. Other restaurants we have visited were more than attentive in checking ingredients to ensure that a reaction would not happen...Strega failed in this aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Fun Bar staff, great drink, and the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Great food, but you pay for it.appetite4lifeDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I chose this restaurant for our anniversary because many of the reviews were great. We arrived on time and were seated promptly. We chose to sit outside because it was unreasonably loud inside. Nightclub loud. We had to yell to be heard. Our table outside was wonderful and the view of the harbor was great. We started of with the mussels appetizer and the calamari appetizer. Both were cooked to perfection. For entrees my wife chose the Fettuccini Strega and I chose the lobster mac'n'cheese. Both of us loved our food. After looking at the wine list my wife asked for a glass of Amarone, but it was only available by the bottle. After we decided not to get the bottle, the waiter became cold, detached, and a little condescending.Special Features:
- Nice but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Location, decor, and vibe was nice but food was just ok. I expected more. I mind paying for a full package, but it was lacking. Our server warned us that the food would take a while and he was right. They atleast have us a lovely desert plate on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014calamari was overcooked as appetizer and in special of the nite.Special Features:
- Great business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Our group took a visiting co-worker from Australia to lunch. Strega didn't disappoint. They made a special for the table with Buffalo mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil, and prosciutto de Parma that was fantastic. I had the meatball as well. It's about the size of a baseball accompanied by a ball of ricotta to match. The scallops were cooked perfectly. Others at the table had the lobster ravioli, the salmon special, or the lobster mac and cheese. No one was disappointed. At Strega, you have to expect the waiters to sell actively. Roll with it and have some fun and you'll have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had another delightful experience at Strega. The special seafood appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- Very good, very priceyBMackDined on 8/3/2014Great wine list. Priced 10%-20% higher than most comparable restaurants though. Apps were fantastic, dinners good but always ask the price on the specials. We didn't unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Perhaps because we ate late and the focus was more on the bar scene than the dining experience by 9-10 pm but the food was less than stellar....heavy gnochi, cut of steak not exceptional, risotto mushrooms needed to be cut up..large wine list but needs updating as multiple bottles were not available...also, too pricey...overall not impressed.Special Features:
- yankee doodle dandyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/2/2014seated promptly at requested time to a specific area requested waiter mike was terrific and phil the host very amiable food very good...and....entertaining to have a few of the Yankees at next table including a gracious Derek J... great nite for out groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Massive portions of great food! Service was goid too. All the TV's are a little distracting though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience and locationjakarnDined on 8/1/2014We arrived half an hour before our reservation and were seated within minutes. Cocktails were fantastic, food was perfect, and they insisted on comping dessert after a minor mix up with one of the entrees, which was immediately corrected. We stayed for three hours, partly because of the time it took to receive food between courses, but I wasn't in any rush to leave. I couldn't have asked for better service, and I'll definitely be a repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I were spending the day in Boston and going to the Red Sox game at night. We had heard of Strega many times so we decided to try their Waterfront location for lunch. Beautiful decor and very comfortable! We didn't have wine but the wine list was incredible. We both enjoyed the cocktails we chose. Meals were perfectly cooked and nicely presented. We had a very nice lunch for a price that was pleasantly reasonable! Drinks aren't cheap but then again, they never are!! Now we want to try the other Strega restaurants!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very civilized lunchRicardodelvinoDined on 8/1/2014Friday lunch - 4 friends - enjoying a pleasant morning together. Lunch at Strega Waterfont complemented the goods feelings we were all enjoying. Food, service and general surroundings were all excellent. Wines by the glass with good choices even with grape varietals. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great!DiscoDined on 7/31/2014Overall, the food was good but not great! I ordered a seafood dish with pasta. It had a lot if calamari which were very tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014The restaurant is visually pleasing and the service was terrific. For the price, I thought that the food was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, terrible serviceSteak2thefaceDined on 7/30/2014The food was delicious, but my husband I will not be back. We were appalled by the service. Our table was not ready and then every aspect of the ordering process took forever. At the end we sat waiting for the check for 15 minutes with no food or drinks. This would have been ok if the waiter was remotely apologetic, but he was rude. I guess you have to be in the family that owns Strega or a celebrity or something for them to treat you with any respect. The female staff all wear the tiniest skin tight dresses (I wonder how their hiring process works? haha) but that was not a real issue, just seemed tacky. We spent at least $250 on a special dinner and felt our mere presence annoyed our waiter, who apparently had better things to do.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotTerriDined on 7/29/2014Went for lunch, reviewed based on that only. Outside seating is the way to go, if possible. Great ambience.Special Features:
- TableauDined on 7/27/2014The food was outstanding and so was the service! The wine list was very impressive and our whole group thoroughly enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary dinnerRealEstateLadyDined on 7/26/2014First off this is one of the only restaurants that I can remember booking with Open Table that actually read the request, where I mentioned it was our Anniversary. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary, seated in a nice quieter spot and waited on impeccably by the waiter named Natale .Great food, best service and a free desert again to celebrate our Anniversary. Thanks again for the great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for birthday dinnercheriDined on 7/25/2014Went there for a birthday dinner with boyfriend. Not disappointed at all. Enjoyed the evening very much. ClassySpecial Features:
- Not a Top Chef Quality Risotto!princessengDined on 7/24/2014First time dining at Strega or their waterfront location so was expecting something special from the reviews. Was meeting a friend that I hadn't seen in almost 30 years that was in town at the Westin so it was the perfect meeting spot. We were never rushed, but then again, the place was empty on a Thursday afternoon. I had the parmesan encrusted cod with pea and pancetta risotto. Cod was great, crispy outside, flaky and moist inside. Risotto, no. It was good, but it was rice with peas and pancetta. Please tell me how an Italian restaurant does not know how to make Risotto? "Please pack your knives and go." She had the Sea Bass special. I think she liked it, but was surprised by the price. Be aware, lunch specials, dinner prices!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationlavilo1Dined on 7/23/2014Strega was a perfect to have a birthday dinner.Great selection of wines, appetizers and entrees. I would be amiss if I didn't mention the great people watching venue. We will definitely return.Special Features: