1 Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stregawaterfront.com/
- Phone: 6173453992x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm-11:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Firicano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire about our catering opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 345-3992
- Special Events: Contact Fruittie at email@example.com or call (617) 737-0290.
- Cross Street: Northern Ave (GPS use 56 Northern Ave)
- Public Transit: MBTA Silver Line 1 or 2 to the Waterfront (free transfer from Red Line) and take to Courthouse station.
MBTA bus route 4
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is $10
Public Parking also available in the underground parking garage and other surrounding lots
A word from Strega Waterfront
Strega Waterfront at Fan Pier is now open, making this the second Strega in the Boston area, with the original being on Hanover Street in the North End. This new location features two fireplaces as well as three separate private dining rooms, a lounge, and a wine room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Strega Waterfront - Best Restaurants in South Boston ›
Strega Waterfront reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)notable wine list (126)fit for foodies (108)hot spot (97)romantic (90)scenic view (83)vibrant bar scene (82)good for groups (77)great for outdoor dining (74)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (35)late-night find (19)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The service was on point and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014overrrated and overpriced. odd experiences with wait staff. cocktail waitress very nice but overly friendly and did not take the hint twice to let us alone with out of town guests. very chatty. waiter hovered then became annoyed with our friend who needed help with lobster claw, announcing he is allergic to shellfish and whisking away the piece of lobster. awkward. we think he regretted that too late. i am very sensitive to allergy concerns, but this made us all uncomfortable. strega highly recommended. it was good but not great and we all felt the prices reflect the high rent district and not the food. would not return or recommend. next time in comaparison to the over the top incredible dinner at del frisco, surprising disappointment .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014We went for our anniversary. We waited a long time before our waiter came to tell us the specials. It was very loud that night. We couldn't even talk to each other. We have been there a few times and had a better experience. Not sure if we will go again.Special Features:
- Lunch at Strega WaterfrontSarahDined on 10/13/2014I've been to Strega Waterfront a number of times for both lunch and dinner, and it's always a great experience from the food to the service. This time, I was taking my mom out to lunch for her birthday. I had requested that they do something special for her birthday ahead of time if possible, and we were surprised a beautiful tiramisu! They added a candle and our waiter sang a little 'Happy birthday bella' tune - she absolutely loved it! The pasta pomodoro with meatball and chicken BLT tasted fresh and delicious. The caprese salad desperately needed some basil, but the fresh mozzarella was perfect. The service is always top notch, with the exception of the very snooty hostesses who work dinner service. Overall, I'll always recommend Strega!Special Features:
- Great restaurantEnriqueVIPDined on 10/12/2014Is a very nice place. Very good ambience and extraordinary foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quihappypaletDined on 10/12/2014Noise level was very loud - I wouldn't call it energetic. My request to have a slightly chilled bottle of wine was brought to the table as soon as we sat down. It was a very nice selection.Special Features:
- Great!KarenbarbaraDined on 10/10/2014Awesome as usual!! Food and service great. I tell everyone about Strega!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time GREAT mealFoodReviewerDined on 10/10/2014Definitely one of the greatest meals I've ever had in my life, Came for a special anniversary dinner, and Strega exceeded my expectations. Meals were amazing, and good size portions. Try to save room for dessert as it was just as good. Memorable night~highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strega waterfrontOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I decided to take my boyfriend to strega for his birthday the other night. It was amazing. Out server was very nice and great at making sure we were being taking care of. The booth we were given was awesome! The only thing was my tortellinis were a bit undercooked :( but I didn't make a fuss about it. I just ate them. The strega sangria is amazing! They brought him out a small desert cake on the house & sung happy birthday! :) overall it was a great experience. We each had a sangria had one appetizer big enough for both of us & each had a meal total was about $110.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun as alwaysCynSVIPDined on 10/7/2014food above average; new menue could be expanded, waitstaff is superb. They are truly what make this restaurant so special. Our server was Michael, and he was great.Special Features:
- Party of 9OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Strega Waterfront did a wonderful job accompanying our party of 9, celebrating my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Our waiter said he could put in for nearly any meal and sure enough spaghetti and meatballs as well as just plain mac & cheese were available, even if not listed on the menu. My parents were given a complimentary chocolate cake dessert to celebrate, which was great. The entire staff we encountered were very kind and patient. It was a wonderful night for all of us. Thank you!Special Features:
- GingersnapDined on 10/5/2014Booked reservations for 6 a/c special friends from California, not seen in 25 years, in town briefly, and wanted to eat at one of my favorite restaurants. Knew you would not disappoint. We all loved the food and service, and I think we closed the place. It was a wonderful evening all around. A few weeks ago, my son from St Louis in town and wanted a recommendation for himself and 2 business associates, and Strega was my first choice for them. They all loved it. I knew that they would. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteDMD1VIPDined on 10/4/2014I am never disappointed with Strega In Jan 2007 we were spending all our time at Spaulding Rehab with our son. After an especially trying day we wandered down to Hanover St and walked into Strega. We realized if wasn't even open and turned to leave. The staff seemed to sense something was wrong and stopped us. They seated us and we didn't even order they just said we'll make you something wonderful. From that day on Strega had a place in my heart. Have to give a shout out to our server Claude on our most recent visit He is spot on and he made the evening a night to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choicefrogetteDined on 10/2/2014This was a great choice for our business dinner. Top notch and attentive service, huge wine list, and wonderful food. Try the pineapple grilled shrimp to start. Food was so good we were tasting off each other's plates.Special Features:
- Almost OrdinaryJonathanMDined on 9/30/2014Had a business lunch after having eaten dinner here a few times before. While the service and decor are very nice the food was at best, ordinary. The calimari was quite chewy while our cod and salmon entrees were dry and overcooked. There are now numerous other choices in the area that offer similar or better value and good ambiance.
- Mixed bagWinthroptravelerDined on 9/28/2014Food is excellent, good portion size, great choice, wonderful flavors! Service was great, very attentive. Why I rate it down is for the TV's everywhere that makes it more like a very expensive sports bar. There is one room with a wall of wine bottles that is free from this, however everywhere else has this distraction. Contradicts the fine dining feel to the rest of the restaurant. Would not recommend for romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Just fabulousfoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014Had eaten here when Strega first opened. A few good meals, but noisy. We enjoy conversation; not the noise. One night the service was extremely slow and extremely noisy. We hadn't been back in a year and decided to give it another try. We asked for a quiet spot if possible. We were seated in the private party area open that night to diners. We had an amazing meal, fabulous service, the sound from that room was fine. This was a Saturday night - full. Great service, an incredible wine list, even for us admitted "wine snobs". The menu is very interesting. We eat out an average of 3 nights a week and live in the general neighborhood. I'm thrilled to put it back on our list. We look forward to our next meal at Strega.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% PerfectBBJustMeDined on 9/28/2014This was a wonderful place to celebrate our anniversary - the waiter picked a great wine for us, food was amazing and the warm September Sunday allowed us to sit outside and enjoy the view. I have enjoyed Strega in the North End and was looking foward to trying this location...I'm glad I did. I can't wait to go back and eat inside. Thank you all for making our dinner perfect. From the bread all the way to the cheesecake dessert everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the TopTC269Dined on 9/27/2014I guess it's the new hotspot in Boston. Celebrities & sports figures abound. Food and service were good. VERY NOISY..... A few drunks at the bar.... Been there.. Done that..... Onto the next spot......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Went to Straga Waterfront after the Red Sox/Yankee game on Saturday. We sat outside since the weather was so nice (high 70's). Food was great, appetizers are awsome and the sea bass was not only outstanding but the portion was great! Everyone from my 16 year old daughter to the other Dad's in the group loved the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The restaurant has amazing service and food, but if you are looking for a romantic or special occasion, don't sit in the main dining room. There were 6 TVs, with 4 of them playing movies. Not the type of setting I really wanted for an anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Waterfront and great foodBTBOSVIPDined on 9/24/2014Always a happening spot in Boston waterfront area, the food was very good and the service was outstanding. I can't wait to go back for Rosetta's meatballs ... some of the best I have had.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantLuv2dineoutDined on 9/22/2014Third time dining here and again fantastic food service & atmosphere We requested a table in a corner or against the window or wall and again are request was granted Everytime we have made a reservation our table was always ready even if we were very early The staff is always first classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service! Service! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing and the service was beyond excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MyBelleDined on 9/20/2014It was my first time, went with my boyfriend to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. Loved every minute of it, the food was excellent, the service was incredible & I absolutely love the decor (we were sat right under the Al Pacino/in front of the Sophia Loren paintings- two of my personal faves). Can't wait to go back, it was a bit pricey but worth every penny. Our server gave us a complimentary dessert at the end which made the whole night perfect, it was so sweet of him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in Boston SeaportfoodcriticVIPDined on 9/20/2014We arrived early and waited at the bar. Not enough space in bar area to wait, but everyone very nice. We were taken to our table which was next to transit area; our request for window/booth not acknowledged. Not enough room between neighboring tables. Servers could hardly serve. Good thing clients in nearby tables were all very nice. Our server Claudio was very helpful. We both had raviolis which were very tasteful. My husband had stuffed pork chops which he loved. I had sea bass which was very good.Special Features:
- Creme de la creme......laurie20Dined on 9/20/2014fabulous food....and a very impressive wine list!!!!Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014After reading some reviews, my boyfriend and I were kind of nervous about this place, but we had to give it a try. Luckily, we did because we had a great experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and was great at providing suggestions. We had one of the specials for an appetizer, it was calamari with shrimp and scallops in a balsamic reduction- I could've eaten a whole dish to myself. The stuffed veal chop was cook perfectly as well. My only complaint was the temperature. It was a bit chilly where we were sitting, but when I asked to have the air turned down a little, the waiter went right over to adjust. Overall, it was a great night out. Would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodRickDined on 9/19/2014Wife and I had an excellent dinner on a Friday night. Good location, good food, excellent service, and very good wine from a very good wine list. Park away from district and walk down along the harbor. Makes for an enjoyable night.Special Features:
- Great ambience. Decent food.ProfessorDined on 9/19/2014I had lunch here with a colleague who was in town.The restaurant is very close to the ICA. The location is excellent. The place is well-appointed, formal, and quiet. The prices at lunch were quite reasonable for this sort of ambience, and they tolerated our staying for a long time--the restaurant was not crowded. The food was fine--nothing to exclaim about but very decent and tasty. They accommodated our special requests--I am eating vegan and, after a false start, they were able to supply gnocchi without cheese. The Strega salad was very good, but the arugula could have been a bit fresher. The choice was excellent for this purpose and I would also recommend it for a group, but not for people looking for an outstanding food experience.Special Features:
- Strega waterfront – expected more.BostonlocalDined on 9/16/2014I expected more. The table was wobbly and they couldn't fix it. The food was not up to par for the price. It's a great location but not up to expectations. The service was decentSpecial Features:
- Memorable 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Waiter Claudio was fantastic! From his suggestions on wine, starters, entrees -the meal was fabulous from start to finish. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Young crowd. Loud.GrahamDined on 9/12/2014Okay food but we liked Bricco and Sorellina in the No End a lot better. We are a 65+ yr old group and too old for Strega Waterfront!Special Features:
- Excellant but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The food was wonderful, the wait staff excellent and although it is all good energy, it got so loud it was hard to hear my dinner companions as the restaurant reached capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsLuv2eatDined on 9/7/2014Food was excellent, the service was fantastic. the staff was extremely knowledgeable about the wines.Special Features:
- OutstandingRo113Dined on 9/7/2014We were a party of 8 celebrating 2 special birthdays. We started out with drinks in the lounge with some small plates. The waitress was wonderful. She was attentive without being in your face and very accommodating. When our table was ready we were seated and from drinks to appetizers to the main meal everything was perfect. There were no complaints from anyone in the party. A cake was ordered ahead of time (by Strega) and was brought out without having to ask. This is a keeper for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional ExperienceAmareilmareDined on 9/7/2014It was a thoroughly wonderful experience, beginning from the restaurant's call Sunday morning to reconfirm my reservation to having a celebratory drink at the bar to a delicious dinner served and entertained by our exceptional server Claudio. My date and I couldn't have asked for or expected a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim and JohnJohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is, by far, our favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JIMMYGGobblerDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter and bus boy were very attentive and personable. Excellent recommendations from menu Charming with ambiance. We were celebrating our 30th weddings anniversary and was surprised with a tiramasu desert complimentary from our waiter. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/5/2014Above average food and excellent service, overall a great night!Special Features: