1 Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stregawaterfront.com/
- Phone: (617) 345-3992
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm-11:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Firicano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire about our catering opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 345-3992
- Special Events: Contact Fruittie at email@example.com or call (617) 737-0290.
- Cross Street: Northern Ave (GPS use 56 Northern Ave)
- Public Transit: MBTA Silver Line 1 or 2 to the Waterfront (free transfer from Red Line) and take to Courthouse station.
MBTA bus route 4
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is $10
Public Parking also available in the underground parking garage and other surrounding lots
A word from Strega Waterfront
Strega Waterfront at Fan Pier is now open, making this the second Strega in the Boston area, with the original being on Hanover Street in the North End. This new location features two fireplaces as well as three separate private dining rooms, a lounge, and a wine room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Strega Waterfront - Best Restaurants in South Boston ›
Strega Waterfront reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (133)notable wine list (116)fit for foodies (108)hot spot (94)vibrant bar scene (88)romantic (81)good for groups (77)scenic view (76)great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (27)late-night find (21)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We had 6 people in our party, the food was greatTonyDined on 11/22/2014We had 6 people in our party, we had a great time the food was excellent and the view was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tskal22tskal22Dined on 11/21/2014Appetizers: veal meatball was outstanding! Caprese salad was just ok, tomatoes were not very fresh and needed a bit more balsamic.. Dinners: Sirloin Steak with mushrooms was delicious and perfectly cooked...Bolognese with meatball was also very good. Desserts: key lime pie and tiramisu (very "rummy") both good. Jimmy our waiter was very pleasant and attentive. His helper was also constantly making sure our water glasses were always filled and that we had everything we needed/wanted. Even the valet service was good. Overall a great evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moc98VIPDined on 11/20/2014the food and service as always was amazing at both the bar and our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Food and service couldn't have been better. Top notch! Our waiter had an Italian accent which certainly added to the fun! Only downside was the booths are tightly together which doesn't leave much room for movement with the arms. The staff remembered I was celebrating a birthday and brought out the dessert with a candle. Class act that Stregas!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2014This was our second perfect visit. We can see the service and quality of food are amazing. Their attention to detail is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!yrkwonDined on 11/9/2014It was a little louder than I had expected, but the service was awesome. Everything was on time, and they recommended some good food for all of us to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pgmcDined on 11/8/2014Excellent dining and great crowd this past Saturday night --Special Features:
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Disappointed. Had a 9:30 reservation but weren't seated until 9:50. Sat directly under the AC unit and the fire alarm. No atmosphere. I have the salmon, which was over cooked and overpriced. We were really expecting more. We did wait at the bar though. Very good and attentive bartenders.
- Why Make a Reservation?McCarthy14Dined on 11/8/2014We were deeply disappointed. We had reservations at 9:00 p.m. and we were not seated until almost 10:00 p.m. By that point I had eaten so much bread that I wasn't even hungry for my meal. Although the wait staff was extremely attentive (they checked on the status of our reservation several times) and the manager told them to comp our drinks we had while waiting. Once we were seated the tables were right on top of each other. No privacy whatsoever. I highly recommend Strega in Woburn. It has better food, ambiance and organization.Special Features:
- SPECIALDined on 11/5/2014THE FOOD WAS GREAT STAFF WAS PERFECT..NICE TO GO OUT AND HAVE A SPECIAL TIME..CLIENTS LOVED IT..Special Features:
- Wife's birthOpentablefanVIPDined on 11/4/2014We recently ate at Strega for my wife's birthday. I simply put that in the open table notes and we were given a special booth and the waiter wished my wife Happy Birthday. Service was fantastic and the food was as well. We both had the Salmon and it was delicious. The Server surprised my wife with dessert and sang happy birthday. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- OK for where it isNashtenVIPDined on 11/4/2014Pretty ordinary Italian food - same as a mid-range North End restaurant - not much innovative or particularly special - but all OK. Nice spot near the water.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The server was very friendly! The food was delicious, first time I go to an upscale restaurant and leave with a to-go bag because I wasnt able to finish my meal because the portion was actually descent. Definitely will be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Strega was recommended by a friend as a waterfront restaurant but couldn't see the water. With that said, the wine list is second to none, the food was great and the service was fantastic. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014We were excited to try this restaurant for the first time but the food was just okay. We also felt very rushed with our meal.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.Maverick311Dined on 10/29/2014The food was great and the service was great as well. Mike was awesome. We were seated even though the group was not complete and we never felt rush. It was our first time there and we had a blast. Very comprehensive wine list and delicious food from the apps to the dessert. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant; awful foodBeefeaterDined on 10/28/2014The portions were grotesquely large. The preparations heavy. The caesar salad was barely dressed. The sea bass needed some lemon to lighten and brighten the flavor. The yuca gnocchi too were heavy and dense. The key lime pie unremarkable.
- Great Service, Food and Energy2forfoodDined on 10/25/2014We started at the bar and had two drinks. The bartender was very welcoming. She provided us with a small glass of Sangria to taste. The Sangria was fantastic! We then went to dinner and sat at a small table for two. The table could have been a little larger. We split a salad and had the calamari for appetizers. The calamari was slightly overcooked, but good. I then had the Veal Saltimbocca, it was cooked perfectly. My wife had the sea bass, it also was perfectly done along with the gnocci. We split a bottle of wine and had the canolli and the key lime pie. Both were great. I would definitely recommend this place. Alot of energy and fun and good food with an extensive wine and drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strega is "Fine"BackinBostonDined on 10/24/2014We attended Strega Waterfront on a busy Friday night. The energy was good, lots of couples and the classic Strega movies playing on five screens. However, having just dined the night before at Davio's on Arlington Street, it was easy for me to make comparisons. In virtually every facet--from service to food quality to ambiance--Strega Waterfront was a distant second to Davio's. While I do like that fact both have enclosed parking adjacent to the restaurant, I would have to choose Davio's 10 times out of ten. Would I return to Strega Waterfront? Sure, but it just feels "touristy" to me in every way. Let me close by saying I have dined at Strega Prime and found that to be a much better experience and more comparable to Davio's.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysLuv2eatDined on 10/24/2014Another fantastic experience at Strega. Great food, great wine and great service. What more could you wantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I surprised my wife with a reservation for our 5th anniversary. We had a great table, excellent service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Second time at Strega Waterfront. Special occasion celebrating three birthdays, each was served a desert with candle , unexpected, very appreciated! The food was outstanding, the service fabulous...a real keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The service was on point and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal and servicefoodieDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I went to Strega Waterfront to celebrate our anniversary and we were not disappointed. It was my second time dining at Strega, his first, but we will be back! The service was excellent we did not feel rushed at all. I had the Maine diver scallops and he had the surf and turf special. Both meals were delicious. I was a little disappointed to hear they were out of key lime pie, but we got a piece of ricotta cheesecake on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed...campmom22VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had heard so much about Strega and couldn't wait to try it. It was extremely crowded and there was nowhere to wait for the table. The food was good but not outstanding. Our waiter was great but it took forever to get our food - "they were backed up" in the kitchen. The meal was very expensive and just good - not great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014overrrated and overpriced. odd experiences with wait staff. cocktail waitress very nice but overly friendly and did not take the hint twice to let us alone with out of town guests. very chatty. waiter hovered then became annoyed with our friend who needed help with lobster claw, announcing he is allergic to shellfish and whisking away the piece of lobster. awkward. we think he regretted that too late. i am very sensitive to allergy concerns, but this made us all uncomfortable. strega highly recommended. it was good but not great and we all felt the prices reflect the high rent district and not the food. would not return or recommend. next time in comaparison to the over the top incredible dinner at del frisco, surprising disappointment .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014We went for our anniversary. We waited a long time before our waiter came to tell us the specials. It was very loud that night. We couldn't even talk to each other. We have been there a few times and had a better experience. Not sure if we will go again.Special Features:
- Lunch at Strega WaterfrontSarahDined on 10/13/2014I've been to Strega Waterfront a number of times for both lunch and dinner, and it's always a great experience from the food to the service. This time, I was taking my mom out to lunch for her birthday. I had requested that they do something special for her birthday ahead of time if possible, and we were surprised a beautiful tiramisu! They added a candle and our waiter sang a little 'Happy birthday bella' tune - she absolutely loved it! The pasta pomodoro with meatball and chicken BLT tasted fresh and delicious. The caprese salad desperately needed some basil, but the fresh mozzarella was perfect. The service is always top notch, with the exception of the very snooty hostesses who work dinner service. Overall, I'll always recommend Strega!Special Features:
- Great restaurantEnriqueVIPDined on 10/12/2014Is a very nice place. Very good ambience and extraordinary foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quihappypaletDined on 10/12/2014Noise level was very loud - I wouldn't call it energetic. My request to have a slightly chilled bottle of wine was brought to the table as soon as we sat down. It was a very nice selection.Special Features:
- Great!KarenbarbaraDined on 10/10/2014Awesome as usual!! Food and service great. I tell everyone about Strega!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time GREAT mealFoodReviewerDined on 10/10/2014Definitely one of the greatest meals I've ever had in my life, Came for a special anniversary dinner, and Strega exceeded my expectations. Meals were amazing, and good size portions. Try to save room for dessert as it was just as good. Memorable night~highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strega waterfrontOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I decided to take my boyfriend to strega for his birthday the other night. It was amazing. Out server was very nice and great at making sure we were being taking care of. The booth we were given was awesome! The only thing was my tortellinis were a bit undercooked :( but I didn't make a fuss about it. I just ate them. The strega sangria is amazing! They brought him out a small desert cake on the house & sung happy birthday! :) overall it was a great experience. We each had a sangria had one appetizer big enough for both of us & each had a meal total was about $110.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun as alwaysCynSVIPDined on 10/7/2014food above average; new menue could be expanded, waitstaff is superb. They are truly what make this restaurant so special. Our server was Michael, and he was great.Special Features:
- Party of 9OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Strega Waterfront did a wonderful job accompanying our party of 9, celebrating my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Our waiter said he could put in for nearly any meal and sure enough spaghetti and meatballs as well as just plain mac & cheese were available, even if not listed on the menu. My parents were given a complimentary chocolate cake dessert to celebrate, which was great. The entire staff we encountered were very kind and patient. It was a wonderful night for all of us. Thank you!Special Features:
- GingersnapDined on 10/5/2014Booked reservations for 6 a/c special friends from California, not seen in 25 years, in town briefly, and wanted to eat at one of my favorite restaurants. Knew you would not disappoint. We all loved the food and service, and I think we closed the place. It was a wonderful evening all around. A few weeks ago, my son from St Louis in town and wanted a recommendation for himself and 2 business associates, and Strega was my first choice for them. They all loved it. I knew that they would. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteDMD1VIPDined on 10/4/2014I am never disappointed with Strega In Jan 2007 we were spending all our time at Spaulding Rehab with our son. After an especially trying day we wandered down to Hanover St and walked into Strega. We realized if wasn't even open and turned to leave. The staff seemed to sense something was wrong and stopped us. They seated us and we didn't even order they just said we'll make you something wonderful. From that day on Strega had a place in my heart. Have to give a shout out to our server Claude on our most recent visit He is spot on and he made the evening a night to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choicefrogetteDined on 10/2/2014This was a great choice for our business dinner. Top notch and attentive service, huge wine list, and wonderful food. Try the pineapple grilled shrimp to start. Food was so good we were tasting off each other's plates.Special Features:
- Almost OrdinaryJonathanMDined on 9/30/2014Had a business lunch after having eaten dinner here a few times before. While the service and decor are very nice the food was at best, ordinary. The calimari was quite chewy while our cod and salmon entrees were dry and overcooked. There are now numerous other choices in the area that offer similar or better value and good ambiance.
- Mixed bagWinthroptravelerDined on 9/28/2014Food is excellent, good portion size, great choice, wonderful flavors! Service was great, very attentive. Why I rate it down is for the TV's everywhere that makes it more like a very expensive sports bar. There is one room with a wall of wine bottles that is free from this, however everywhere else has this distraction. Contradicts the fine dining feel to the rest of the restaurant. Would not recommend for romantic dinner.Special Features: