1 Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stregawaterfront.com/
- Phone: 6173453992x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm-11:00pm
Lounge: Open Daily until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Firicano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire about our catering opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 345-3992
- Special Events: Contact Fruittie at email@example.com or call (617) 737-0290.
- Cross Street: Northern Ave (GPS use 56 Northern Ave)
- Public Transit: MBTA Silver Line 1 or 2 to the Waterfront (free transfer from Red Line) and take to Courthouse station.
MBTA bus route 4
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is $10
Public Parking also available in the underground parking garage and other surrounding lots
A word from Strega Waterfront
Strega Waterfront at Fan Pier is now open, making this the second Strega in the Boston area, with the original being on Hanover Street in the North End. This new location features two fireplaces as well as three separate private dining rooms, a lounge, and a wine room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Strega Waterfront - Best Restaurants in South Boston ›
Strega Waterfront reviews from OpenTable diners
283 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)notable wine list (137)fit for foodies (109)hot spot (104)romantic (101)scenic view (93)vibrant bar scene (89)great for outdoor dining (80)good for groups (71)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (39)late-night find (18)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Good FoodRickDined on 9/19/2014Wife and I had an excellent dinner on a Friday night. Good location, good food, excellent service, and very good wine from a very good wine list. Park away from district and walk down along the harbor. Makes for an enjoyable night.Special Features:
- Great ambience. Decent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014I had lunch here with a colleague who was in town.The restaurant is very close to the ICA. The location is excellent. The place is well-appointed, formal, and quiet. The prices at lunch were quite reasonable for this sort of ambience, and they tolerated our staying for a long time--the restaurant was not crowded. The food was fine--nothing to exclaim about but very decent and tasty. They accommodated our special requests--I am eating vegan and, after a false start, they were able to supply gnocchi without cheese. The Strega salad was very good, but the arugula could have been a bit fresher. The choice was excellent for this purpose and I would also recommend it for a group, but not for people looking for an outstanding food experience.Special Features:
- Strega waterfront – expected more.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014I expected more. The table was wobbly and they couldn't fix it. The food was not up to par for the price. It's a great location but not up to expectations. The service was decentSpecial Features:
- Memorable 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Waiter Claudio was fantastic! From his suggestions on wine, starters, entrees -the meal was fabulous from start to finish. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Young crowd. Loud.GrahamDined on 9/12/2014Okay food but we liked Bricco and Sorellina in the No End a lot better. We are a 65+ yr old group and too old for Strega Waterfront!Special Features:
- Excellant but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The food was wonderful, the wait staff excellent and although it is all good energy, it got so loud it was hard to hear my dinner companions as the restaurant reached capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsLuv2eatDined on 9/7/2014Food was excellent, the service was fantastic. the staff was extremely knowledgeable about the wines.Special Features:
- OutstandingRo113Dined on 9/7/2014We were a party of 8 celebrating 2 special birthdays. We started out with drinks in the lounge with some small plates. The waitress was wonderful. She was attentive without being in your face and very accommodating. When our table was ready we were seated and from drinks to appetizers to the main meal everything was perfect. There were no complaints from anyone in the party. A cake was ordered ahead of time (by Strega) and was brought out without having to ask. This is a keeper for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional ExperienceAmareilmareDined on 9/7/2014It was a thoroughly wonderful experience, beginning from the restaurant's call Sunday morning to reconfirm my reservation to having a celebratory drink at the bar to a delicious dinner served and entertained by our exceptional server Claudio. My date and I couldn't have asked for or expected a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim and JohnJohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is, by far, our favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JIMMYGGobblerDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter and bus boy were very attentive and personable. Excellent recommendations from menu Charming with ambiance. We were celebrating our 30th weddings anniversary and was surprised with a tiramasu desert complimentary from our waiter. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/5/2014Above average food and excellent service, overall a great night!Special Features:
- gmwatchDined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent. Service was impeccable. However, a line of TVs on the dining room wall are negatively distracting and deter from the ambience.Special Features:
- Strega WaterfrontharriettmarieDined on 9/5/2014We had a great experience. Our waiter, Anthony, was very attentive and the food was incredibly delicious. We will definitely be back for another special occasion in the future.Special Features:
- more refined plate presentationcheeseluverVIPDined on 9/5/2014Wanted to love it……but the presentation was mediocre and didn't seem worth the higher prices. My plate with the sides appeared cafeteria-style for this higher end restaurant, a plop of potatoes and two lukewarm beets. May be back for the great waterfront ambiance. . .but thus far not for the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMikeDined on 9/4/2014I have been to Strega Waterfront a few times now. The food is always excellent and it is a fun place to go. The bar and restaurant offer 2 different atmospheres. The bar is more noisy and fun. The restaurant can offer a more quiet fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!!GreatDined on 9/4/2014This was an amazing dining experience -very good food, cocktails, wine list and menu. We sat outside - and although pleasant was hoping for a better "waterfront" view. Service, choices and we were given dinner options early which made out out of town guests VERY happy!! Thanks Strega!Special Features:
- Excellent in all respectsCarolVIPDined on 9/2/2014From the friendly greeting, to the efficient, professional, and knowledgeable service from Ryan throughout the entire meal, our evening at Strega Waterfront was excellent. Four of us split 5 appetizers, one main dish, and 3 desserts. The highlights were two appetizers: the Grand Marnier scallops and the special for the evening which was figs in balsamic, very flavorful and attractively presented. The desserts--ricotta cheesecake, key lime pie, and warm chocolate cake, were each a nice size, beautifully presented, and delicious. The interior of the restaurant is very attractive and the view is of Boston Harbor at a little distance. Expensive but worth it, and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Poor Boringrosemary1Dined on 9/1/2014The food was poor and tasteless.presentation poor.The restaurant was boring.Lunch is not great experience
- Outstanding!BaroloDined on 8/31/2014The menu is fairly diverse with pasta dishes that can either be a first course or main entree, as well as seafood, veal and beef dishes. All courses were absolutely perfectly prepared and delicious. The service was very professional and efficient - - you were always well taken care of . . . .but you hardly noticed them (in a good way). The wine list is outstanding - -but frankly probably too long. I will DEFINITELY come back to Strega Waterfront again!Special Features:
- mrsfirechiefDined on 8/31/2014we both had steak and given Straga has a steak house we thought they might be good. However we were both dissapointed. Steaks had no taste and I had surf and turf and was also dissapointed with the lobster tail. stuffing also had no taste.Special Features:
- Luv2dineoutLuv2dineoutDined on 8/29/2014Went on restaurant week. Had to ask for special menu. Portions were VERY small and I do believe it was due to the special menu items. Regular menu items must be more substantial for price. Food was good but I felt as though they had to be brought to restaurant week kicking and screaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late summer lunchBockelDined on 8/29/2014I took 4 work colleges here for lunch and the experience was superb. The service was truly top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Strega in the Seaport is a very happening place. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014John- our wait person was fantastic- knowledgeable about the menu and with great suggestions. Our party of seven thoroughly enjoyed each courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSpecialnightoutDined on 8/25/2014Pork and appetizers were amazing! Extensive wine list. Definitely recommend the cured meat platter.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyreddDined on 8/24/2014Service was poor and the food was not worth the trip
- great resturantmwojoVIPDined on 8/22/2014had an enjoyable meal even though it was restaurant week bartenders were very accommodating will be back to try regular menu although very expensive waiting for the new Strega to open in Park Plaza which will be wonderful!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding food, service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was very relaxing a glass of wine before dinner and appetizer, outstanding service and elegant surroundings. We will be returning soon. Vibrant, waterfront view.Special Features:
- Elegant Italian FareSusanDined on 8/22/2014Strega Waterfront is a chic restaurant with. Italian comfort food. Relative value for that up and coming part of Boston. Right next to the ICA, Strega is a great place for lunch before an afternoon on the waterfront. Great service and lovely ambiance add to the enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing servicesouthieoenophilesDined on 8/21/2014After having a fantastic (5 star) experience here about a year ago, we returned with friends only to be extremely disappointed in the service. Long wait to place drink order, poor spacing between courses, and incorrect orders mean it will be a while before we return given the numerous other great dining options in the Seaport District. For the price, we expect much more stellar service than we received this time at Strega Waterfront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillFDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I dined here during restaurant week. When the server finally came our table, he never introduced himself, simply started telling us the specials. He never even mentioned the special tasting menu that was being offered. When he came back to take our order, we had to ask for the tasting menu. I find it interesting that instead of showcasing the tasting menu, they hid it, making it feel like you were cheap for ordering from it. From this menu,the meatball and eggplant appetizers were great. For dinner, I had the chicken and my husband had the risotto. Both were okay. You would think that the items on a tasting menu would represent some of the best dishes. If these were the best, I will pass on going again.
- Stress Waterfront... topsRosedognyeDined on 8/21/2014Great spot. Active bar scene, nice ambience. Barely had to wait for our reservation. Service was excellent. Nice mix of seafood and Italian food on menu with nice wine list. Food was very well prepared. Next visit we'll take advantage of outdoor seating area. Great place for a fun evening or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReginaDined on 8/21/2014My friend and I had a delightful lunch. We had a great outdoor table, the food, including the olive bread and olive oil, was very good and the service was efficient and not obtrusive. Unfortunately, they ran out of the tiramisu but the lemon sorbet was excellent and the portion was very generous.Special Features:
- food not-so-greatanntomDined on 8/20/2014Disappointing. Appetizer calamari very tough. Entree clams & pasta: clams too tough to eat, linguini not even yet al dente ; cacciatore chicken dry. Strega salad very good, desserts good.
- What a place !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014It was our one year Anaversary so we chose Strega for dinner since we we're staying right around the corner .. We arrived a little early so we sat at the bar and the bartender came right over and took our order she was very friendly and offered me a taste of the Sangria which was Fantastic after a drink at the bar we took our table and the waiter was right there to take our order . I had the Lamb Chops and my wife had the Surf n turf both were awesome I have to say !!! The waiter brought out a piece of chocolate cake for us to have that was a nice gesture but the cake was so so .. I look forward to going back soon !!! Thanks Strega had a great night !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good but...BrianDDined on 8/19/2014We booked a reservation for our anniversary as we eat here for special occasions. We normally leave feeling as though it is the greatest place to eat. No so much this time. Upon checking in, the maître d' was on the phone for a period of time, making us wait. To me, customers in front of you is more important than ones on the phone. My wife's sea bass (very large piece) was gummy and not cooked through. Waiter took it, and when he came back, more than half the piece was gone- kind of annoying if you ask me. There was a large function going on in a nearby room, and the door was not closed, making the restaurant too noisy for our liking. The food was good, and the waiter was good, it just wasn't it's normal greatness like I expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated a special occasion at Strega Waterfront and would highly recommend it to everyone, the food, service and ambiance was amazing!Special Features:
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 8/17/2014We greatly enjoyed our dinner at Strega Waterfront. It's ideal to have a fine Italian restaurant in a Waterfront spot, now that Anthony's Pier 4 has closed down. The decor inside is like no other, very upscale, modern, and classy. The menu has countless gems on it. Our newest discovery would be the meatballs. True perfection as they were tender and not harshly seasoned. We highly recommend Isaac as one of our favorite servers, you can't go wrong with him !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Service was great. Food was nothing fancy, just okay, especially given the high price.Special Features: