100 Sylvan Road
Woburn, MA 01801Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stregaprime.com/
- Phone: 7819333333x
- Hours of Operation:
NEW!!! SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday - Thursday
Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday
Lounge is open daily until 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Farouk Bazoune
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Strega Prime has multiple Private Dining spaces. Please call 781-933-6688 or email Jill at Jill@thevaranogroup.com for more info!
- Private Party Contact: Jill Lanza 781-933-6688x
- Entertainment: Sinatra Sunday Brunch with Joey Canzano!
- Special Events: Let us plan your next event! Our professional staff will exquisitely execute your special occasion, leave the details to us!
Please inquire about our event promotions happening through out the summer! Contact Jill at 781-933-3333 or email, Jill@thevaranogroup.com.
A word from Strega Prime
Nick Varano, owner of Strega, Strega Waterfront, and Nico Ristorante in the Boston area is opening a new high-end Italian steakhouse in Woburn where he wants "everyone to feel like a celebrity." The expansive 352-seat space (312-seats indoors/ 40-seats outdoors) features Strega’s signature sleek design and décor with brilliant light fixtures and deep woods throughout the interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Strega Prime - Best Restaurants in Woburn ›
Strega Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)fit for foodies (96)romantic (92)notable wine list (89)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (66)neighborhood gem (43)hot spot (41)great for lunch (38)great for outdoor dining (22)great for brunch (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Class act!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014Beautiful atmosphere! Comfortable wrap around bar was wonderful. The dining room very inviting. Bone-in filet with crème spinach amazing, and other petite filet was perfectly cook. Our server was over the top. We had a blast, and will return again. Awesome time!Special Features:
- Strega primeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food and service was outstanding. We had a wonderful dining experience. Looking forward to going back again. 4 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I went to Strega because I had a gift certificate, otherwise, would not choose this restaurant. The food was good but it is all a la carte and the entrees are way overpriced. I had the seabass over gnocchi and literally had 4 gnocchi on my plate.Special Features:
- Great spotVegasVIPDined on 10/18/2014Because of aggressive pricing we save this great restaurant for special occasions, but love it just the same.Special Features:
- Not what we were expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We love nice steak restaurants. High end Steak joints are supposed to make you feel like a King. Food was fine not great, service was fine not great. Nothing was special or excellent. Disappointed based on what we were expecting.Special Features:
- FabulousloveserphimDined on 10/18/2014This place beats out the food and service at the Capital Grille. Great menu options. Service was impeccable. I would go back!!Special Features:
- very goodgramDined on 10/17/2014The dining room is beautiful and relatively quiet and service was nicely timed and well trained. This could have been a 5 star review except that my steak ($49 bone in filet) was slightly overcooked and the pumpkin sticky toffee dessert was dry. The prices are quite high (major city prices for a suburban mall location?) Including tip we paid $100/person with only sparkling water for my husband and one $9.00 glass of wine for me. Definitely not the place for a weekday family experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceJenpDined on 10/16/2014Great food! Excellent service! Awesome resturant for special occasions or just dinner. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Overall, the restaurant was a fun experience and a place to go for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive and not worth the priceweekenddinnerDined on 10/12/2014The food was fine, but really, not worth the price. The atmosphere was odd. Like a las vegas steak place in Woburn, ma. It was like they were trying to hard to be something it wasn't. The steaks were expensive and not worth the price. I wouldn't go back.
- Great brunch spotBethDined on 10/12/2014The food was outstanding...you do need to order the cinnamon burns. We enjoyed the egg white frittata with herbs and goat cheese as well as the pappardelle. Great bloody Mary's. Nice jazzy background singer. Our waiter, Ralph, was exceptional and his service made the meal even more special.Special Features:
- Special night winnerOptionsDined on 10/11/2014We were looking for a great place for a rare night out by ourselves. Strega Prime turned out to be that for us. It was a treat to be able to order a 2009 Silver Oak Cabernet by the glass. My wife does not drink wine so ordering a bottle almost never happens unless we are out with a group. We started with the Tartare di Manzo (beef tartare) and it may possibly have been the best appetizer we have ever eaten. Truly amazing and highly recommended. My wife went with the petite filet and I had the bone-in filet. Both were cooked exactly to our ordered temperature and excellent. Don't miss out on the foie gras & truffle marrow butter. Sweet potato puree & brussel sprouts sides were perfect. Service was very attentive and always with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTeep17Dined on 10/11/2014From beginning to end we had a wonderful time. Our Waitress, Lynn, was so professional, but down to earth at the same time,she made us feel very much at home. It was a special evening from the minute we walked in. We loved it and can t wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excited about Strega PrimeBostontjjjDined on 10/10/2014The steaks were very good but the meal seemed overpriced for what we had. (We ordered Prime Steaks, aged beef, and very expensive cuts of meat) Two steak dinners, lobster bisque plus a beer and sangria. The check after tip was almost $200. I lived in Los Angeles and thought that our meal might compare to Maestro's Steakhouse, but it fell far short of my expectations. Too many other Boston restaurants left me feeling like I should have went elsewhere. It was worth going to visit but I think it will be a long while before I return to this location. I heard the waterfront Strega is beautiful. It just appeared that this location was struggling for a Friday night.Special Features:
- The best50annivDined on 10/8/2014We had a 50th anniversary dinner for friends and everyone loved Strega Prime. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Paul HurleyFrustratedFridayDined on 10/7/2014Best food and courteous service for a very special and private business conversation or romantic evening.☺️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMagsDined on 9/28/2014I loved Strega for dinner but I was very disappointed in the brunch. Our server was lax in checking in with us -never did! The menu made promises it never delivered. The food was mediocre- could have gotten better at a diner
- Strega Prime another Winner!DodgerMomDined on 9/27/2014Another creation from Nick Varano and in his persuit of quality food, elegant dining, and superior service he had created another master piece! Wait staff is attentive, knowledgable and friendly (not stuffy) and made us feel welcomed. A large selection of steaks but also creative dishes with fish, chops, lamb, and italian dishes. I recommend the steak tartare for an app, the Chilean sea bass (if you aren't in the mood for steak) and if you have room, the zeppoles for dessert! We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- Upscale. Fabulous food.eatwellDined on 9/26/2014Fabulous food and fantastic service. Elegant atmosphere. Fun bar area oriented to the professional.Special Features:
- Classy Night OutGregVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed a birthday dinner. The ambience is outstanding and worthy of a special night out. We order the prime sirloin with was huge and very tasty, and the veal chop that was excellent. Service was attentive and pleasant. Go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excessive "Up-Selling"KSawVIPDined on 9/24/2014We were a party of 4 out for a special dinner. We were seated in the corner which was so dark I had to use my phone flashlight to read the menu. Waiter tried to up sell us from the start on the Seafood Tower. When he mentioned they had Kumomoto Oysters, we ordered 18, not the tower. When the oysters came, it was clear they were not Kumomoto. he apologized and offered to take off 1/3 of the $. When we chose the wine ($90), he suggested that we not order that bottle, but another bottle which was $120, or another that was $140. I enjoy Strega Waterfront regularly, but probably will not be back to Strega Prime, whereas the service is far superior at the Captial Grillle and the new DelFrisco's in Burlington.
- just having lunchGrandmasandyDined on 9/23/2014loved the food restaurant the sirloin steak was by far the best i ever had. the prix fixed lunch is a fantastic deal. i always order that when i come to the restaurant. service fantastic. love the restaurant. always come thee when i am in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Second time we've met friends for dinner and we all enjoyed it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was fantastic and we didn't feel rushed at all during the nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary disappointmentCoolBreezeDined on 9/19/2014Last year we dined at Strega for our anniversary.It would have been deemed "outstanding".Repeated the experience this year and unfortunately were very disappointed. We were seated at a table in direct line with the front door.It was a cool evening and every time the door opened we felta cool breeze.We ordered from the wine list and the popular item we ordered was "out of stock".It took a while to get the substituted wine. Last year's meal was outstanding--the best steak I had in a long time,the calamari and truffle fries were excellent. Not the case this year.The steak was good not great,the fries were cold,not crispy,the calamari was very good.The service had fallen significantly.Strega is a long way from being the best in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Our experience was very enjoyable. Our service was tremendous and the waitress was very personable and great. We will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GREAT Strega PrimeGoodFoodGoodFunDined on 9/15/2014It was our 30th wedding anniversary and the food was FANTASTIC, our server was FABULOUS, attentive, friendly, knew the menu, ingredients - IT WAS A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2014Strega was great as usual. The service, prices and food were all superb! I would highly recommend and definitely return to Strega in Woburn, MA.Special Features:
- StregaKramerDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, our steaks were cooked to perfection.The service was attentive without getting in our way. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Awesome!greatfoodDined on 9/13/2014One of the best restaurants I've been to! The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly and presented in a way that made eating it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My WaiterRonaldDined on 9/13/2014I had a waiter. His name is Carmelo Scuderi. It was me and my wife's first time dining their on our 45th anniversary. The food was great. Our waiter was great. He was a gentleman and very humorous. My wife could not stop talking to her friends and family about the dining experience that Carmelo had given us. Thanks Carmelo. RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and worth the price!MarvelousDined on 9/10/2014Wine, appetizers and entrees were marvelous! The service is great as well...Special Features:
- Not a drive-by!NancyAAVIPDined on 9/9/2014First time dining at Strega. Delightful experience with our very knowledgeable waitor Ralph. Food was superb. We were escorted to the function rooms for future possibilities...love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificSparkyDined on 9/8/2014The food was fantastic and the wait staff was very attentive without being too overly attentive. Also made great suggestions for main course as well as desert. Would go again!Special Features:
- Everything was FANTASTIC!Redsoxfan1964VIPDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated a large family anniversary (14 people) and everything was FANTASTIC. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived, the food was amazing - all 14 meals hot, at the same time, cooked perfectly. Our waitress (Jackie) was helpful, knowledgable and guided us through sharing aps and sides so we didn't end up with too many. Plenty of staff on hand to get whatever was needed but they seemed to appear from no where when we needed them. It was expensive but well worth it. THANK YOU STREGA for making my parents 60th Anniversary special.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasion!TutituDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating an engagement...first time at Strega Prime. Can't say enough about the staff...very accommodating and friendly. From the appetizer to dessert the food was exceptional! Would definitely go again...but I would go for a special occasion. Price point for a dinner for four was a little more than a would want to pay on a regular basis. But, if you are looking for a great place for a celebration...look no more. Strega Prime is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caroleDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful evening- great long bone Delmonico- excellent service.Special Features:
- Another great timeCharlieMcGrathDined on 9/3/2014Once again Strega Prime went above the call of duty. WE were celebrating a birthday and they made every effort to ensure we had a great time. From the salads, which were incredible, to the 42 day dry aged rib-eye, which was about the bet piece of steak ever, to the surprise Nico, (our server) brought a creme broule for the birthday. Everything was GREAT, Joe Esposito runs a fantastic place, Nick Verano should rest easy knowing Joe is in charge and servers like Nico are exemplifying the Strega Prime nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinning...2dineisdevineVIPDined on 9/2/2014Excellent wait staff, valet parking at no cost, great menu and the steak, vegetables and sauce. I was dinning with 4 others and we all agreed it was an excellent restaurant. Has some very interesting wall art and show black and white moves over kitchen window, cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet our expectationsDisappointedDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I went to Strega for our anniversary on a weekday and we were rather disappointed! We went there because Phantom Gourmet recommended and thought it would be a wonderful place to celebrate. My first reaction entering into the bar area was this is cool but then venturing into the dining room I changed my mind quickly. The server was not very attentive and the manager was not interested in hearing about our anniversary. Not friendly at all. We were never asked if we wanted another cocktail and when they brought the order it was incorrect. I had dinner and my husband did not and no one said sorry for the inconvenience. We did receive a free anniversary dessert but had to ask for it. No return and no recommendation from us.